IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

I believe one of Braggie’s biggest gaps is between the twin girls and the next born (Theo). Therefore I’m going to say Braggie will have an over two year gap between these twin boys and another pregnancy. Luckily Braggie will be turning 38 this year. Which means her fertility may go down in the next few years.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe one of Braggie’s biggest gaps is between the twin girls and the next born (Theo). Therefore I’m going to say Braggie will have an over two year gap between these twin boys and another pregnancy. Luckily Braggie will be turning 38 this year. Which means her fertility may go down in the next few years.

Was Michelle Duggar 43 when she had Josie? 

There are also outliers such as the Dateline anchor, Andrea Canning, who did not get pregnant until she was in her 40s and recently had her 6th baby at 47.

I think Braggie Abbie will have at least 3 or 4 more. She seems like the type that has a certain number in mind that she "needs" to hit.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Was Michelle Duggar 43 when she had Josie?

40s and fertility are all different for fundies. Some have zero kids in their forties and some have 3.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

It's all a game to Braggie. 

It is. But so far she's failed to realize that collecting children is very different than collecting decorator pillows from Anthro.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7

Does she typically breastfeed her babies? Her twins? That would up her martyr mommy status.

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Does she typically breastfeed her babies? Her twins? That would up her martyr mommy status.

She does BF. But I don’t know how well it worked with the twins. 

• Upvote 1

I do think it's possible that aside from the attention she craves, she or Shaun may have a pregnancy/breeding fetish. It's a bizarre kink but it does exist...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Sad 1

Okay, BEC moment: those shoes are hideous.

Otherwise... I just can't with her right now. She hates being pregnant? Understandable. She doesn't like babies or little kids? Understandable. But that is why birth control exists!

Argh! I would love to have at least one more baby once my current little (my second) is older. Risks aside, I've even had a few moments of thinking twins would be great; I do refer to these as moments of insanity, I'm not stupid. Either way, while I'd like a girl, another boy or two would be great. We're not likely to have more, especially because of issues I have with supporting a pregnancy. She is basically getting what I would love to have, at least one more apparently healthy baby, and she's complaining about it. Argh!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I don't like being pregnant either but it was a necessary evil to get the baby at the end of it. I was pretty exhausted and sick when I was pregnant with my second and I felt like a crappy mom at the time because of it. That alone has disuaded me from having a third child. 

I also don't love the baby stage although I certainly love me kids and enjoy them during that stage. But I am looking forward to my 11 month old getting bigger so we can do more stuff together as a family. I feel a bit trapped when my kids are babies. This is one of the many wonderful things about birth control. I can be a good mother to two kids and enjoy them more because of it. 

Fyi, just because I don't love the baby stage does not prevent me from looking back at pictures of my four year old as a baby and feel like crying because he has gotten so big and where has the time gone. No logic there. Then I remind myself he was a terrible sleeper and I really wouldn't want to go back to that stage, lol. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 7

23 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I don't like being pregnant either but it was a necessary evil to get the baby at the end of it. I was pretty exhausted and sick when I was pregnant with my second and I felt like a crappy mom at the time because of it. That alone has disuaded me from having a third child. 

I also don't love the baby stage although I certainly love me kids and enjoy them during that stage. But I am looking forward to my 11 month old getting bigger so we can do more stuff together as a family. I feel a bit trapped when my kids are babies. This is one of the many wonderful things about birth control. I can be a good mother to two kids and enjoy them more because of it. 

Fyi, just because I don't love the baby stage does not prevent me from looking back at pictures of my four year old as a baby and feel like crying because he has gotten so big and where has the time gone. No logic there. Then I remind myself he was a terrible sleeper and I really wouldn't want to go back to that stage, lol. 

This is so me. I swear I had the cutest babies ever. So when I look at picture, I squee. But damn was it hard. Never again. 

• Upvote 4

My family was all secretly hoping for a girl with Nibling2, but when he was born we never thought that again because Nibling2 is just plain *delightful*. He is warm and round and cuddly and - that makes him sound like a puppy, oops - he is tenacious and happy and all the good things. One of the main things that I truly miss during this social distancing thing is spending time with kids and being witness to their energy and excitement over block towers or their favorite show or that particular page in that particular book. One of the weirdest things about Braggie is that she never seems to feel the joy of having kids. She doesn’t seem to treasure the little moments, she only gets angry at the little things. Kids being passionate about stuff is amazing. Kids wanting to go up to you and talk about cats or legos or heaven help us Trolls is wonderful. If her kids want to talk about their interests they probably talk to each other or to their grandparents, certainly never their mother. Braggie wouldn’t care.

also it definitely seems like that blog post was written like a big FU to FJ, the way that it addresses so many of our concerns like how nuts she was to plan to be pregnant while in Europe. She had no plans to do that! No way! Also she implies that the pill fails as much as whatever her ‘natural’ method does. I’m no scientist but I’m pretty sure that’s not true.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, the pill if taken every day without fail is much more effective than natural family planning. It's just that sometimes women forget to take them or some women are extra fertile and a pregnancy happens. 

• Upvote 2

Braggie needs to learn there are other forms of birth control besides the pill. It’s amazing we have choice and we don’t have to do some sort of NFP if we don’t want to. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I do think it's possible that aside from the attention she craves, she or Shaun may have a pregnancy/breeding fetish. It's a bizarre kink but it does exist...

This is gonna sound way weirder then I intend it to, but that is actually one of the less bizarre kinks I've heard of. 

But seriously why does she keep getting pregnant. This isn't hard. there are easy ways to prevent this. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I have an IUD. It's more effective than the pill, don't have to worry about taking it, lasts 5 years, and the most period I get is some spotting and pms every few months. And if you're someone who doesn't react well to hormones, theres also the copper one that is equally effective and lasts twice as long, though it does tend to make your periods worse. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

This is gonna sound way weirder then I intend it to, but that is actually one of the less bizarre kinks I've heard of. 

But seriously why does she keep getting pregnant. This isn't hard. there are easy ways to prevent this. 

Well, she complains about it so much but probably gets knocked up for attention. All of us can see that. However, I honestly think it is a possibility it's a breeding fetish. It's a wild guess but I wouldn't be surprised by it at this point.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • I Agree 1

Seriously, I wish them the most difficult pregnancy, 100 lb weight gain, bed rest, nausea, varicose veins, massive hemorrhoids, unstoppable Trich. hard, hard labor and eventual c-section delivery,  mastitis, and cranky pants babies that do not sleep for 2 years. Maybe just maybe, she’d stop the irresponsible behaviors. 

They are lunatics. They don’t even like kids.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Its pretty much guaranteed this will be her hardest pregnancy yet. The last time she carried twins, she was 29/30. This time she is 37. Shes in for a long 5 months.

• Upvote 9

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Seriously, I wish them the most difficult pregnancy, 100 lb weight gain, bed rest, nausea, varicose veins, massive hemorrhoids, unstoppable Trich. hard, hard labor and eventual c-section delivery,  mastitis, and cranky pants babies that do not sleep for 2 years. Maybe just maybe, she’d stop the irresponsible behaviors. 

They are lunatics. They don’t even like kids.

She has admitted that Ezra is more nurturing than her and that his gentleness towards the kids inspires her... It's disgusting. Ezra is her SON. These kids are Braggie and Shaun's PARENTING RESPONSIBILITY.  Braggie Abbie pops them out like a PEZ dispenser and passes them off to poor Ezra, Simon, and Della. Braggie Abbie has no patience nor any sympathy for their whining or feelings. She will spank them, "fuss juice them", and let them cry it out to get them to leave her alone so she can scroll on Instagram, exercise, and shop!

What does she reward teenage Ezra and Simon with? One hour of video gaming once per week. Also, she'll pay them a few bucks for babysitting the babies of the 20 ladies she hosts each week for the home exercise group. I can't see Braggie Abbie babysitting a ton of babies for a few bucks.

I remember her posting this on Instagram when Shaun was out of town:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8XC9fxp4KA/

So grateful that my kids are always up for "being a blessing"--to me and to others--so that it doesn't feel like a big deal to take them places on my own.

The world will tell you to teach your children to stick up for themselves, but, while there may be something to that (I certainly want my children to know what they believe and to stand strong in it), I'd rather have kids who lay down their rights to care for others. And it starts with each other.
Mamas, don't ever apologize for teaching your kids to serve each other

She makes no APOLOGIES for enslaving her kids (Ezra, Simon, and Della). The girl is proud of her laziness and lack of responsibility. Braggie, get off your behind. You don't deserve your time-consuming decorating hobby and 1 hr round trip commutes to the gym. You need to be parenting your "passel of kids"!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

What does she reward teenage Ezra and Simon with? One hour of video gaming once per week. Also, she'll pay them a few bucks for babysitting the babies of the 20 ladies she hosts each week for the home exercise group. I can't see Braggie Abbie babysitting a ton of babies for a few bucks.

Pretty sure Simon is only 11. And he seems to get a lot of the cooking responsibility. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Pretty sure Simon is only 11. And he seems to get a lot of the cooking responsibility. 

Yep. Fussy Braggie Abbie does not cook. She's admitted to having many "helpers" but I doubt she lifts a finger. I believe she's even said that lunch is a fend for yourself ordeal. She sits her behind down while surfing Instagram and Facebook garage sale groups. She justifies working the kids to the bone as being a superior, holier than thou mom by teaching her kids to die to themselves, exemplify "hard is not the same as bad", and therefore, boasts about being better than all of the other parents.

She brags about being the spanish teacher of the once or twice a week co-op but she doesn't even homeschool. She says that Ezra and Simon do online homeschool and help the younger kids. Shaun helps the kids with hard math problems. She's also said her mother, a former teacher, homeschools the kids a few days a week.

Abbie obsesses over fellow fundie Jenny Flanders but she's the opposite. Even though Jenny Flanders made her older kids help out, she worked hard raising them all day too. She created detailed schedules and reminds me of how Erika Shupe used to be. Jenny Flanders didn't spend her days scrolling Instagram, shopping, and going to the gym. She doesn't even wear any make up...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Abbie obsesses over fellow fundie Jenny Flanders but she's the opposite. Even though Jenny Flanders made her older kids help out, she worked hard raising them all day too. She created detailed schedules and reminds me of how Erika Shupe used to be. Jenny Flanders didn't spend her days scrolling Instagram, shopping, and going to the gym. She doesn't even wear any make up...

Yeah, Jennifer Flanders is a crazy funny and I sincerely hope that none of her children are LGBT because I expect that her and Doug will tell them they are going to hell. 

However, she has taken their education seriously. Both the the boys and the girls are encouraged to go to university. She also seems to genuinely like her children and enjoy the child rearing. 

There are a lot of things to give her the side eye over but those aspects of child rearing she seems to have done a good job on. Abbie appears to be the complete opposite. 

• I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Baxter said:

Yeah, Jennifer Flanders is a crazy funny and I sincerely hope that none of her children are LGBT because I expect that her and Doug will tell them they are going to hell. 

However, she has taken their education seriously. Both the the boys and the girls are encouraged to go to university. She also seems to genuinely like her children and enjoy the child rearing. 

There are a lot of things to give her the side eye over but those aspects of child rearing she seems to have done a good job on. Abbie appears to be the complete opposite. 

Jenny Flanders's husband actually advised his daughter to go to dental school. She went. They are fundies but they support educating their daughters and sons. I find it fascinating that Abbie is so up Jenny's butt because Jenny is not materialistic and into time-consuming personal hobbies like Abbie. 

So, according to Braggie, if I use BC I'm leaving my number of kids up to God, because any method can fail if it's God's will? Interesting point of view. I hope fundies os whatever religion stop critizising birth control then. 

I thought Braggie was quiverful. Her spacing is not big (2 years is quite normal, and is seen in many fundie families, lile Maxwells. Andersons, Anna Duggar etc). But sheis deciding her family size. She is choosing being miserable.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic