IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

After being nearly dormant for ages and ages, Dougie's DW Cinematographer Facebook page had a sudden burst of activity this month. A lot of it is just re-posts of old footage and rambling about the documentaries he's been watching, but there were a few mildly interesting things.

He claims to be doing a short film on wolves. I have to admit, I cracked up at "the Alpha wolf was exiled from both his partner and the pack". You're no Alpha wolf, Dougie, but I bet you can relate :pb_lol:

529130701_Screenshot_2020-09-29DWCinematographer(2).png.9ee178a579b640238ca8623c8e552cd4.png

And a couple of Rosh Hashanah posts:

1236654285_Screenshot_2020-09-29DWCinematographer(3).png.94df1945c79dc514c3df4612da459d26.png1816679919_Screenshot_2020-09-29DWCinematographer.png.4e04694be44a4685b4d4940ede912851.png

• Thank You 9

Why are Doug and Faith all of a sudden so very Jewish?  Is he going to try to ingratiate himself into a group who are ignorant of his many disgusting shenanigans?  

Forget it, you rapist tool.  We will keep hunting you down and will let anyone within a 5 mile radius of you know just how much of a fucking scumbag you are.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Why are Doug and Faith all of a sudden so very Jewish? 

They're using the Jewish faith as a distancing tool. "How could I be the leader of a Christian cult? You must be thinking of some other guy-- I'm Jewish!" 

Oh, and I see that Jack London is no longer a dangerous communist. Good to know. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

He claims to be doing a short film on wolves.

For some reason, his post has me experiencing "Raising the Allosaur" vibes.  Not that filming a wolf pack and excavating a dinosaur are the same, just that Doug is inherently sketchy so I'll be interested to see if a documentary comes out without controversy. 

Also, of course, he's all, It was SO extremely wide-stance dangerous I had an armed guard!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Also, of course, he's all, It was SO extremely wide-stance dangerous I had an armed guard!

But wouldn't it be extra wide stance to have NO armed guard? To be your own armed guard? Excitement! Drama!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

They're using the Jewish faith as a distancing tool. "How could I be the leader of a Christian cult? You must be thinking of some other guy-- I'm Jewish!" 

Doug has always used his Jewish heritage -- the one that his own father repudiated for Rushdooney's idiocies -- in various ways. Interesting that only Faith appears to be joining her father in his celebration of Judaism.

The newly frenetic pace of posting on the DW Cinematographer FB page is also interesting -- always bizarre to see how many leghumpers Dougie still has, swarming out of the woodwork to like his posts or fawn over him.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I think you're onto something, but I wonder if it's even more specific than that. Dougie could be trying to get a cinematography job, or possibly financing or distribution for one of his own projects, from a Jewish owned company.

It would explain the sudden activity on his Facebook page, as well as the way the content is aimed. "Oh yeah, I'm just a busy independent filmmaker, shooting by day, and observing my Jewish traditions at night!"

Could explain Faith's participation as well, if he's trying to sell her as a part of whatever it is. One of his recent re-posts was of Faith singing during the Bobby Bowden series, and of course if Doug were to direct anyone to her Instagram account it would both show her off personally, and reinforce the idea of the family as Jewish.

No need for other public social media pages, such as Beall's, to bother. And of course, JT is a professional grandson-in-law these days. I don't think he'd risk his place in the Sproul dynastic hierarchy to participate in whatever Doug's current shenanigans are. I think that's why JT is never mentioned on the VF Facebook page anymore, even though some of the other kids are.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I think that's why JT is never mentioned on the VF Facebook page anymore, even though some of the other kids are.

Yep, JT was once the heir to Doug's throne, but now he's sitting pretty in a whole 'nother kingdom. I hope Spanky tosses and turns in his sleep while having sweaty nightmares about JT legally changing his name to "R.C. Sproul II." 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

In stores now!

Try our new R.C. Sproul Lite™  A cleaner, more refreshing aftertaste, with 75% less alcohol!

Or, Original R.C. Jr.™ Because sometimes you just don't want to remember it all the next morning.

Available wherever Ligonier products are sold, tell 'em the First Lady of the Sproul Home sent you!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I usually feel really grimy after reading about the Phillips, any of them - but your humor today has me laughing so much I'll only need one shower tonight. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, starfish said:

Is there any indication that the Tool and Beall are in the same zip code, or state for that matter? 

Doug reminds me of a character named Seldom Seen Smith  in Edward Abbey's The Monkey Wrench Gang -- not the actual character, mind you, but the name.  Doug's whereabouts are an enduring mystery. 

I digress! The Seldom Seen Smith character is based loosely on a guy named Ken Sleight, who knew the Colorado River before Glen Canyon Dam.  

Capturing the stories of legendary river-running pioneer  The man who inspired Edward Abbey's Seldom Seen Smith character remains committed to protecting wild Utah.

• Upvote 2

On 10/5/2020 at 9:25 PM, starfish said:

Is there any indication that the Tool and Beall are in the same zip code, or state for that matter? 

Aside from Beall occasionally alluding to an off-camera husband in her Instagram stories, there's virtually nothing to indicate that they are, and several indications that they aren't.

Doug popped up on the Instagram of one of his adult sons a little while back, so it's possible he was staying there (in Tennessee) for awhile. One of his adult daughters (who lives in Texas with Beall) made several trips to Tn. around that time. She has friends in the area, but given the hassles of flying during the pandemic, it would make a bit more sense if she was going there to visit her father as well. She also recently mentioned being in Colorado "A few months ago".

Doug has posted a few things on Facebook in the last month or so to suggest he's currently traveling for film projects, but he occasionally posts old VF-era footage to make it seem as though he's still globe hopping, so I'm not completely certain it's legit. And he must have changed his settings after the last few screenshots I posted here, because now I get a "must log in to continue" page.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:28 PM, Howl said:

Doug reminds me of a character named Seldom Seen Smith  in Edward Abbey's The Monkey Wrench Gang -- not the actual character, mind you, but the name.  Doug's whereabouts are an enduring mystery.

It *better* be in name only.  That's something that rat bastage would do... go take up running the Colorado to be seen as cool.  In a former life I spent a summer running the river and have nothing but complete and utter respect for the boat crews -- they are great people.

Howl, thank you for the info and article link.  I'll have to read it later with a box of Kleenex by my side -- just thinking back on that time is enough to make me tear up.  Reading about a pioneer of the Colorado is enough to put me in full meltdown mode.

• Upvote 3

I ran the Grand Canyon many years ago on a private trip. It was an awesome experience, 20 days with 19 people.     I can't imagine how amazing it would be to do it multiple times over the course of a summer. I'm sure your memories remain vivid and strong.  Did you maintain contact with your co-boaters?

There's a documentary you might enjoy about a group of river runners who took camera footage (in the 1970s) and then the film maker interviewed them in the context of their current lives.   You'd need a six pack of kleenex!  ETA: Just found it! 

The Same River Twice  (2003) 

I'm still cranking through The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon and have been for three years!  The writing is amazing but I have to take it in short pieces. Recommended! 

We just saw the San Juan River and camped at Goosenecks State Park, overlooking  the Goosenecks of the San Juan River a 1,000 ft below and then up the Moki Dugway, across Cedar Mesa, then headed up Hwy 95 and crossed over Lake Powell/Colorado River on the bridge near Hite, over  the Dirty Devil and on up to Hanksville.  The drive from Mexican Hat, Utah and then on up to Hanksville  ranks (in my mind) as the most astoundingly mindblowing stretch of highway on the planet. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2

On 10/12/2020 at 6:48 AM, Howl said:

I ran the Grand Canyon many years ago on a private trip. It was an awesome experience, 20 days with 19 people.     I can't imagine how amazing it would be to do it multiple times over the course of a summer. I'm sure your memories remain vivid and strong.  Did you maintain contact with your co-boaters?

There's a documentary you might enjoy about a group of river runners who took camera footage (in the 1970s) and then the film maker interviewed them in the context of their current lives.   You'd need a six pack of kleenex!  ETA: Just found it! 

The Same River Twice  (2003) 

I'm still cranking through The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon and have been for three years!  The writing is amazing but I have to take it in short pieces. Recommended! 

We just saw the San Juan River and camped at Goosenecks State Park, overlooking  the Goosenecks of the San Juan River a 1,000 ft below and then up the Moki Dugway, across Cedar Mesa, then headed up Hwy 95 and crossed over Lake Powell/Colorado River on the bridge near Hite, over  the Dirty Devil and on up to Hanksville.  The drive from Mexican Hat, Utah and then on up to Hanksville  ranks (in my mind) as the most astoundingly mindblowing stretch of highway on the planet. 

Goosenecks State Park is simply incredible!! I went there in 2019 as part of a weeklong hiking trip. I would love to go back and camp at that spot and spend more time there. I love that it’s a fairly lesser known place. There were only 4 other people there when I went. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, Howl said:

Unfortunately, no.  As I said, it was a former life... I was young and going through a very rough period -- failed relationship, failing/dropping out of college, had no idea who I was or where I was going... and it was a wonderful summer of mental relief.  By the next summer I had moved out of state to restart my life with little to no desire to maintain connections with my past.

Private trip, 19 people, 20 days... you didn't go to Dartmouth did you?  Probably not, I think that was only a 14 day trip.  ?

Thanks for even *more* stuff to dive into.  Been awhile since I've read much about the Canyon, The Emerald Mile sounds interesting -- I've always been a bit fascinated with the '83 flood & the near loss of Glen Canyon Dam.  Wild times.

I am envious of your camping/travel choices.  Beautiful country that I wish I had appreciated more while living there.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:28 PM, Howl said:

Doug's whereabouts are an enduring mystery. 

I wonder if Doug will ever turn up here. I suspect he misses the attention lavished on him back in the VF days and now he seems largely invisible. The only place he seems to still have some importance is here where his wide legged stance and manly men trips will live in infamy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I wonder if Doug will ever turn up here. I suspect he misses the attention lavished on him back in the VF days and now he seems largely invisible. The only place he seems to still have some importance is here where his wide legged stance and manly men trips will live in infamy. 

I don’t know as much about Doug as some other fundies, but I think he really can’t handle criticism and negative feedback at all. Some fundies like attention whether it’s positivd or negative. The Nogs, TAM, Lori are a few examples. But Doug only wants parson the back. He only seems to do well with positive attention. So I doubt he will ever turn up here as himself. He knows he would receive a ton of negative comments.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

We are a homeschooling family and by that I mean my kids get an education, become accredited university graduates, and are prepared to LAUNCh and THRIVE. It is hard work, expensive, time consuming, and requires effort. 

I became aware of Doug when his ridiculous and crazy ideas began popping up in our homeschool circles. Thankfully, my hubby and I were able to stomp out the foolishness before it became a blazing flame of under-preparedness and hobbled children in our circle of acquaintances. 

There are some loonies who have an initial public facing message that is palatable but upon digging deeper you find crazy, but Doug always seemed to lead with CRAZY. A “revolution” of uneducated girls who were supposed to be homeschooling masters of the home? What? How would an uneducated person educate the next generation? 

The sons were also to be denied any university training? So, how can they afford dozens of children on the single pay checks of the uneducated father? 

The university-less  plan meant no engineers, physicians, scientists, or dentists? What? How is that a sustainable model? 

There was lip service to allowing a few male access to a University but how could they possibly get in without an actual primary and secondary education? 

That Doug ever had a following baffles me. That he and his University trained wife extolled metaphorically chaining their daughters in the house infuriates me. Doug and Beall  set out to purposefully hinder their own children, limit their options, and make money off of the backs of others who were encouraged to educationally abuse their kids.  

Doug is a foul and loathsome monster.

When I learned he was a sick pervert abusing the “young maiden” in his care I wish it had been a surprise, but it simply seemed inevitable.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

You absolutely nailed it, @Bassett Lady!  That so many credulous people were taken in and subsequently destroyed the futures of their children is nothing short of tragic. 

And college-educated Beall is (as far as we know) still working as a home health aide. 

• Upvote 11

When ignorant, uninformed, people do ignorant things it should not be a surprise.

Along those lines, Jim Bob Duggar lacks an education and had  a 17 year old bride. It really is not a shock that he does not prioritize higher education and encourages very young marriage. While I disagree with Jim Bob on many levels, I think I could have a civilized discussion with him about broadening the educational opportunities for his kids. While misguided, I think he does what he thinks is best for his kids. 

Doug is not ignorant, nor uneducated, nor uninformed. He used lofty heights, attained with his education, to set up a fiefdom of tyranny. He engaged in the grossest form of hypocrisy and intellectual abuse. Then,  he had the audacity to wrap up his rapacious and nefarious cult under the guise of my religion. 

I would have a very difficult time being in the same room with Doug and remaining civil. When I read about an anti-Christ, he is what springs to mind. 

• Upvote 7

I have CFS/ME - please forgive any lack of eloquence due to brain fog.

I think it is dangerous (and classist, and ableist etc) to equate not having been to college with being ignorant and uninformed. The most prestigious universities in the world still manage to produce some of the most ignorant people (look at the UK government for eg), and this is all built upon a very classist understanding of what being educated means.

I could get into the many reasons why JB clearly doesn't seek to do the best for his kids (at least not all of his kids), but there are also plenty of people in ATI who have degrees and even advanced degrees (eg Dr Paine) and that doesn't seem to make a huge amount of difference in how much the kids are educated. ATI families in general seem to be more comfortable with trade schools and other kinds of non-college training/education than the VF crowd are, which I suspect is down to plain classism. No VF royalty daughter would be seen dead working at a salon or florist's, at least not unless things were really at rock bottom. JB and Doug are both ignorant, uneducated, and uninformed - one may have more formal education than the other but they're both ignorant shysters who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Trade schools, vocational training, apprenticeships, and also just working straight out of school are NOT lesser than going to college. They don't equal being less educated and they are the right option for lots of people, just as college is the right option for lots of people. The important thing is to widen participation and remove structural barriers to all types of education (eg class, race, income, disability etc), not say that college is the only way to become an educated person. I haven't been able to get a bachelor's yet due to homelessness at 17 and disability so lots of my post-16 education (you leave school at 16 here - you have to be in education or training til 18 now but not necessarily formal education, and this hadn't been introduced yet when I left school) has been me filling in the gaps myself. I'm definitely not uneducated.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic