IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

I've heard there are many women who are fans of 'manly friendship'.

E.g., the infamous wrestling scene between Alan Bates and Oliver Reed in Women In Love (1969)?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

Do you just wander around this forum looking for stuff to be mad about, though?

??? What a comeback, Jen, you are truly a wordsmith. 

15 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

??? What a comeback, Jen, you are truly a wordsmith. 

I don't need to write a dissertation to point out the obvious.

Meanwhile on sewingtreble: Faith has posted some swimsuit pics.  But I'd mostly like to complain about instagram no longer letting me view individual posts (and thus none of the text or comments) without an account.

edit: never mind it works if I open in a new tab.  Ha!

edit edit: she's got some comments from labels asking her to collab as a brand ambassador.  I wonder how legit such comments are.  I don't really know instagram.  Maybe they're just bots spamming offers?  Hmm, the previous post has one from a glasses brand.  These sorts of comments are probably pretty common across instagram, I'm guessing.

Edited by CyborgKin
gave up too soon
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Meanwhile on sewingtreble: Faith has posted some swimsuit pics. 

Faith has close to 10,000 followers on Instagram, but Sewing Treble Shop only has 7 followers and two items, so it seems she not monetizing her talent, at least not via Insta.  Does she have an Etsy shop or EBay?

On 6/14/2020 at 2:48 AM, RebelliousEscapee said:

Doug may be absent from photos, but someone is posting up a storm on the old VF facebook page. 

And the rage-posting storm continues:

623994890_VFShite.thumb.jpg.bdb41256d85f5c8f5fcaccb09ebeb273.jpg

Somewhat difficult to reconcile the more recent DPIART incarnation of Dancing Queen Doug with the obsessive poster(s) on the VF page, but he certainly would have said & posted this shit back in the VF heyday.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

Good Grief! That's some Jen Fishburne level wing nuttery, but that's not quite her voice.   Also, these whiners are such a bunch of damned snowflakes who are triggered by everything. Rant over. 

That's a fascinating map. I'd highly recommend this book: Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time

Wiki: 

a best-selling book by Dava Sobel about John Harrison, an 18th-century clockmaker who created the first clock (chronometer) sufficiently accurate to be used to determine longitude at sea—

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

And the rage-posting storm continues:

623994890_VFShite.thumb.jpg.bdb41256d85f5c8f5fcaccb09ebeb273.jpg

Somewhat difficult to reconcile the more recent DPIART incarnation of Dancing Queen Doug with the obsessive poster(s) on the VF page, but he certainly would have said & posted this shit back in the VF heyday.

Did Natty D recover his password?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Did Natty D recover his password?

I never followed Natty D.  Was the VF post typical of his writing and "thinking"?

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I never followed Natty D.  Was the VF post typical of his writing and "thinking"?

Yes, although I'm not sure the VF post uses enough 4 syllable words or exclamation points for Darnell.

Persevero! was his blog.

• Upvote 4

A recent photo of DP. They watch The Walking Dead together? Boy have things changed. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed photo from private IG account.
  • Thank You 8

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A recent photo of DP. They watch The Walking Dead together? Boy have things changed. 

[Removed photo from private IG account]

Scotch and Cigars? I knew VF counted themselves as cultured and shit, but drinking and smoking was ok with them? 
And who has got this “back porch”  as I doubt it is at the apartment Beall and the kids live in ?

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed quoted material from private IG account.
  • Upvote 7

I didn’t realize Justice had gone private. I only follow people on Instagram that are public. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t say for sure but if somebody were to make this available privately if that is allowed I would probably be grateful to an insane degree. But only if it’s allowed.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I didn’t realize Justice had gone private. I only follow people on Instagram that are public. 

IIRC, he went private maybe 2-3 months ago.

This is why I don't follow any of these folks. Not that I wouldn't love to do so, but given their propensity for switching social media accounts from private to public and back again, I'd never be able to keep track of their statuses. 

40 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is Doug with the whole family?

AFAIK, family members are currently residing in at least three different US states. Last I knew, Justice was in TN. Think that Joshua & family are also in TN. Meanwhile, Beall and at least the three youngest were in San Antonio, TX. Jubilee is in FL at Spanky U. Not sure where Liberty is -- in San Antonio?

As for his Douginess -- I'm sure he'd like to be in NYC or Belgium or on the French Riviera, but between COVID-19 and the apparent state of his finances (i.e., the AMEX lawsuit), perhaps he's just couch-surfing between TN & TX, and avoiding process servers & repo men.

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is Doug with the whole family?

It was just a dark picture that Justice took with Doug. 

• Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Scotch and Cigars? I knew VF counted themselves as cultured and shit, but drinking and smoking was ok with them? 

Yes, but ONLY scotch and cigars (not trashy beer and cigarettes), and ONLY consumed by males. Also, most kind of kept it on the downlow, though there were a few, like Spanky and Perry Coghlan, who just didn't GAF. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

And yet Michelle Duggar STILL accepted a MOTY award from them? I has the vapours!!11!! Off to find a fainting couch! ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2020 at 1:40 AM, Howl said:

Good Grief! That's some Jen Fishburne level wing nuttery, but that's not quite her voice.   Also, these whiners are such a bunch of damned snowflakes who are triggered by everything. Rant over. 

That's a fascinating map. I'd highly recommend this book: Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time

Wiki: 

Also, the movie of it is superb.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It was just a dark picture that Justice took with Doug. 

That sounds like the opening sentence of a short story that I'd like to read! 

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Also, the movie of it is superb.

I had no idea it was made into a movie! I'll try to track it down. 

9 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, but ONLY scotch and cigars (not trashy beer and cigarettes), and ONLY consumed by manly, very manly males.

Fixed it for ya. And by manly, we're talking like if Hemingway had been a Calvinist. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

On 6/14/2020 at 2:17 PM, dripcurl said:

My husband brought up last night how alarming it was how VF romanticized the confederacy. It’s scary how entrenched in racism evangelicalism is. Also, random, but - what are the birthyears/ages of the Phillips kids?

Yeah, he liked hanging out with that historian, Bill Potter who seemed like one of those who liked to shine glory on the confederacy, IIRC.

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, but ONLY scotch and cigars (not trashy beer and cigarettes), and ONLY consumed by males. Also, most kind of kept it on the downlow, though there were a few, like Spanky and Perry Coghlan, who just didn't GAF. 

This is so true. Recently stumbled across Doug Wilson (the other infamously bad fundie Doug). His Moscow empire is full of the scotch/library/white male/bearded/pretension.

Re:racism. Agree. I think they all idealized confederacy and southern gentlemen. ? The Moscow Doug wrote a book about happy slavery...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Doug Wilson is one of the more repellent humans on the planet.  He's truly Machiavellian.  Awful, awful, awful.  He's especially good about giving cover for child molesters. He's created and is currently expanding his empire of church, church school, seminary, publishing company in Moscow, ID.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic