IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

Not surprising, since she holds a Ph.D in sticking your head in the sand.

Go take a running jump for yourself, Be-all.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 8/8/2020 at 7:01 PM, hoipolloi said:

Don't think this merits a new topic, but Jen Fishburne recently announced that she's left Christianity.

Her own thread would only encourage her. At least she'll now have time to put a paper on her independent academia page. (I chortle)

On 8/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, Howl said:

Jen is one of those people vulnerable to taking on odd beliefs.

Does she now move on to non-Christian cults? Warning all gurus - Jen could soon be on her way. I can imagine her blithely pouring (for a short while) Flavor Aid for just about anyone.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:06 AM, Jasmar said:

Are they [the Botkins] Calvinists?

Is the Pope Catholic? In their glory days, AS & E's advice on how to escape the attentions of young men (other than calling your father over, since he should always be nearby) was to bore them with questions on the most tedious debates of late 16th century Calvinism. Clearly, based on their own example, the strategy works just swell.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:33 AM, hoipolloi said:

Dapper Doug.jpg

Heh, heh...

Heh, heh...

Sorry, nothing to add, but that picture just had to be repeated. Douglas, in that wonderful hat, you just look so... tall!...

On 8/18/2020 at 3:45 AM, Howl said:

I noticed an HSLDA link on the VF facebook page.  Would he attempt to suck up to them again?

Doug has been 'out of the game' for a while, so he needs to refresh his contacts list. (Suggestion for HSLDA: keep the address book on a high shelf.)

Seriously, the link is probably to make VF look like a going concern - still part of the homeschool 'family'.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

So modest.  Speaking of which, I went down a rabbit hole earlier and found this (former?) friend of her dads.  Ladies, want some titillation?  Put the marker at 50:20 if i didnt cue it up right.  He's red hot!  

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.  It's an odd time of year to graduate, but what the heck!  The Lord works in mysterious ways. 

"School O'Sproul"  Love it! 

• Upvote 4

Yeah, I did a bit of a double take on that (I seem to remember JT and Delaney's graduation being in the standard late May/early June time frame) , but I checked RBC's twitter, and they are having a commencement tomorrow. Maybe delayed due to Covid restrictions last spring?

1751422355_Screenshot_2020-09-10ReformationBibleCollegeonTwitter.png.80ddb885ffcf0f4361a69f61a49f9786.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Choosing 9/11 for a commencement date seems...unfortunate...somehow. But it does sound like it will be at least partially streamed:  "Join us online as we congratulate our 2020 graduates..." 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Has Jubilee been there for four years? Somehow, it seems like less time but I haven't been keeping track.

RBC's landing page on their website features photos of both JTits & Jubilee.

JTits.jpg

Jubilee Phillips.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Has Jubilee been there for four years? Somehow, it seems like less time but I haven't been keeping track.

I'm *pretty* sure it's only been two.

According to the website, RBC does have a two year program.

Associate of Arts in Theology

A two-year associate’s degree providing a theological framework for a career or further education in another discipline.

• Thank You 5

11 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I'm *pretty* sure it's only been two.

Ditto. I'm hoping she continues on in a career or completes a college degree that will allow her to be self supporting.  She's been in the Spanky U. bubble but not living at home, and presumably had some kind of retail job, so a bit of exposure to the outside world. However, she may still be considered fundy royalty at Spanky U. 

And she's not engaged, that we know of, which is kind of surprising in that environment. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 9/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, AnnaSofia said:

Looks like Jubilee is graduating the School 'O Sproul?

From an AMA on Faith's Instagram stories:

119048880_256770528752314_8142473928699688397_n.thumb.jpg.d459374ae72afe71edfc9b3488c5d12c.jpg

I’m not normally one to harp on punctuation on social media (I’m an editor in my day job and usually don’t give a fuck otherwise, myself included, unless someone is actually paying me otherwise) but hopefully said sister at LEAST learned enough in college to use an apostrophe to note possession. ?‍♀️ 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:13 AM, Howl said:

Choosing 9/11 for a commencement date seems...unfortunate...somehow. But it does sound like it will be at least partially streamed:  "Join us online as we congratulate our 2020 graduates..." 

Well, the VF crowd thought that it was appropriate to hold a dress up celebration on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, so...

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

From Harvard to an unaccredited bible college. Quite the legacy there.

It's called "devolution." 

This sure reads as though DPIART himself is still posting there. May have missed something but it's interesting that he made no mention of Joshua's graduations, either from Spanky U or St. Andrews.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, hoipolloi said:

This sure reads as though DPIART himself is still posting there.

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind it's him. I'm sure he could barely restrain himself from adding "...back when Harvard wasn't a hotbed of Marxism and feminism. Who wants to go to dumb old Harvard anymore, anyway? Not us!!!" 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

There was actually a similar post about the gown a few years ago on Beall's IG, when JT wore it for his graduation.

Nevertheless, I'm convinced that anything regurgitated onto the VF Facebook page was indeed put there by Doug, most likely from whichever adult offspring's couch he's currently surfing. :BLAZER: I'd be very surprised if anyone else is using that account anymore. It reeks of eau de toolette.

I know Doug liked to talk about his Jewish background, but has anyone in the family publicly acknowledged Rosh Hashanah before?

1646894663_Screenshot_2020-09-21FaithEvangelineonInstagramShanaTovahyallvintagestyleroshhashanashanatovavintag....thumb.png.87a06946abc2419d575dd3c215c97169.png

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

11 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I know Doug liked to talk about his Jewish background, but has anyone in the family publicly acknowledged Rosh Hashanah before?

1646894663_Screenshot_2020-09-21FaithEvangelineonInstagramShanaTovahyallvintagestyleroshhashanashanatovavintag....thumb.png.87a06946abc2419d575dd3c215c97169.png

#roshhashanah #shanatova #vintagefedora??? This is so bizarre!

What's next?

Spoiler

happy_yom_kippur-wishes.jpg.056db2c2c4db9ffa4d47a242dd309125.jpg

#yomkippur #dayofatonement #vintagechapeau

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

@SusanAtTheLastBattle, I’m not laughing at the horrible concept of “Happy Yom Kippur,” but at the idea that many clueless Christians might think it’s appropriate. It would be like saying “Happy Good Friday!”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Hane said:

@SusanAtTheLastBattle, I’m not laughing at the horrible concept of “Happy Yom Kippur,” but at the idea that many clueless Christians might think it’s appropriate. It would be like saying “Happy Good Friday!”

I am glad you wrote this, although I had a vague recollection that Yom Kippur meant "Day of Atonement" and was a rather solemn holiday, including remembering those who are gone.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, Hane said:

As a Christian, I'm that clueless. Then again it is Good Friday, which is kind of strange name. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As a Christian, I'm that clueless. Then again it is Good Friday, which is kind of strange name. 

I found this etymological reason for the name:

2A38994E-9D3D-4E19-B79A-E753CEBB8D5B.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic