IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

my dad thought Into the Amazon was a good Christmas gift for my brothers.

That was the last item I ever bought from VF back when I was still a christian homeschooling mom.  It was so satisfying to throw it in the trash after Tool O Ween.

• Upvote 5

Doug seems to be posting homages to his various daughters on Instagram today for sone reason.

The VF Facebook page has certainly become much more active in the last three months or so, though with lots  of political conspiracy bullshit and anti BLM content and very little theology - I guess that’s where Doug’s head is at now he’s a disgraced patriarch but republicans seem to be embracing arrogant sex offenders with inherited privilege  more than ever. 

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, lilith said:

lots  of political conspiracy bullshit and anti BLM content and very little theology

To be fair, he usually had very little theology in the VF days. He was incredibly bad at exegesis. I think he might be testing the water to see if it’s safe for him to come back rebranded as something else. That man could never stand to not be in the spotlight. 

I just had a thought: now that she’s really coming into her own I would love to see Jasmine Baucham take on good ol’ Creeps McGee and his whiny rantings on Facebook. 

• Upvote 11

13 hours ago, Howl said:

I had to google that.  I think your thoughtful choice will be an "interesting" read for him! 

I'm sure it will be.  He recently read Dawkins' "Greatest Show on Earth".

12 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

That was the last item I ever bought from VF back when I was still a christian homeschooling mom.  It was so satisfying to throw it in the trash after Tool O Ween.

Ours is still on the same shelf as "WWII - D-Day and the Providence of God" and "Navigating History: Egypt".

I should probably advocate for 'saving space by getting rid of old stuff that's just been sitting there for years'.

• Upvote 1

Busted! 

Doug* tries to use the Johnnie Depp- Amber Heard legal cases as evidence for why we shouldn't believe women who say they're abused, but a commenter calls him out.

1014195933_SureDougBeall.thumb.jpg.8d140512652a1a3e90fcedea49111f35.jpg

*It's not unlikely that Beall actually posted this pinned item -- she completely blames Doug's victim for what happened.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Yes, Beall's entire world imploded because her husband is a sexual predator, but she is STILL seemingly unable to face that fact. 

Would VF Ministries still be going strong had Doug not been caught or (hypothetically) if he'd not been a sexual predator? 

It seems in some ways that VF was of the moment and many people involved with it have moved on and evolved into an outwardly more normal  life, though still basically fundy in belief. 

The long skirts, SAHD, Family Integrated Church, extreme patriarchy, a bazillion kids and all the other crazy...was it all just a fad?  A Doug personality cult? 

Scottie's Family Integrated Church dealio is still lurching along, not thriving, but not dead. 

This is a side trip down memory lane related to Scott Brown and Jason Dohm and Doug Phillips.  Under a spoiler because it's long and may not be of interest to many:  

Spoiler

Scottie Brown still has the very well organized NCFIC web page up with current posts, and offers a clear vision of NCFIC beliefs (Jesus! Patriarchy!)  From looking through the organization of  that Web site, it's clear (in retrospect) that Doug was the visionary and Scottie was the person organizing that vision. 

And Geoff?  He's not mentioned on the NCFIC web site, so presumably solo bloviating in the Botkin Borg in Tennessee with no other religious affiliation.  

One familiar name popped up on Scottie's NCFIC  Website -- Jason Dohm.  Ancient history now, but Jason and Scottie (Elders at the time)  were rebuked by their former church (Trinity Baptist Church in Wake Forest, NC). Jason and Scottie bailed rather than undergo a process of reconciliation.  Sound familiar? 

The statement of Biblical Rebuke, affirmed by the congregation and leadership of Trinity Baptist Church (Wake Forest, NC) in July of 2006 concerning Scott T. Brown (of Vision Forum’s NCFIC) and Jason Dohm, former elders:

“As you know, Scott Brown and Jason Dohm left our church on April 28. The deacons have looked into this matter, and we have come to the following conclusions:

1. We believe that Scott and Jason mishandled their responsibilities as elders to this body of believers.

2. We believe that they abused their position of trust and authority when they forced a vote of confidence over their leadership.

3. We believe that Scott and Jason were confronted with this and other errors, but they failed to repent when invited to do so.

4. Scott and Jason left our fellowship rather than address these issues and work through them together as the Bible requires.

What was the crux issue at the base of all this? Mainly patriarchy and whether a woman should be only ever be "a keep at home" or if it was OK for her to work outside the home and a request that a statement posted on Doug Phillips' website be removed. 

It all gets complicated and crazy, but the thing is, Trinity Baptist Church was getting very concerned about Vision Forum and FIC theology creeping in to their church. If anyone's interested in this particular rabbit hole, here's one version of what transpired: 

Ephesians 511: #1 The Beginning: 3/3/06 to 4/22/06

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

Someone needs to post that picture of Doug draped around a burlesque dancer’s neck and ask them to verify that this is their poor, defamed, slandered little lamb. 

Where did that picture go? That, and the picture of the Botkinettes with confederate flags wrapped around their harps are two pictures that should never die. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I will forever hold out hope of seeing DPIART doing a perp walk in an orange jumpsuit.  His final cosplay, if you will.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

That, and the picture of the Botkinettes with confederate flags wrapped around their harps are two pictures that should never die. 

How did I miss that?  Doug Wilson is still an avowed slavery apologist. I didn't realize that Geoff might be as well. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

How did I miss that?  Doug Wilson is still an avowed slavery apologist. I didn't realize that Geoff might be as well. 

Oh yeah. They’re big fans of the confederacy. There used to be a video of AS and E playing “The Bonnie Blue Flag” on FB years ago. I’ve seen that picture here before, I’ll have to see if I can hunt it down. 

• Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Howl said:

How did I miss that? 

Same here -- many thanks in advance, @Columbia, if you can relocate that image.

In the meantime, here are a couple of photos of Dancing Dougie from his time of chasing tail opportunity in Europe amongst the retro cosplay crowd:

1070314987_DancingDougie.thumb.jpg.c836a54719bb55263087ac9246c81949.jpg

Dapper Doug.jpg

ETA: Notice that the FB page has been edited since the screen capture posted above.

Too bad, Doug & Beall, we've got the receipts. Bless your hearts.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Columbia said:

No picture, but I've found what the Botkins have been up to since the pandemic started. I'm curious to see the ratio of Christ the King church members to non-members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294391014860111/about/

If it’s truly community, that very cool of them. I didn’t expect they would leave their towers and mix with the common folk. 

6 hours ago, frumperlicious said:

If it’s truly community, that very cool of them. I didn’t expect they would leave their towers and mix with the common folk. 

I always think of it as ladies of the manor house taking a basket of food to an ill peasant family, but it's great if they've stepped up to do a true community service. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

On 7/31/2020 at 1:18 PM, Howl said:

The long skirts, SAHD, Family Integrated Church, extreme patriarchy, a bazillion kids and all the other crazy...was it all just a fad?  A Doug personality cult? 

I think this had its moment when it was all theory. The adults in the movement hadn’t been raised this way; they were asserting that the results would be amazing, but without evidence.

People joined because the promises were appealing: Perfect happy families! Marriage forever romantic and secure! Children completely controlled and their wholesome, successful futures assured! Superiority over those who live differently! Time passed, promises didn’t pan out.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

4 hours ago, Howl said:

I always think of it as ladies of the manor house taking a basket of food to an ill peasant family, but it's great if they've stepped up to do a true community service. 

AS’s FB profile says she’s working for the county chamber of commerce, so maybe she really is involved in some sort of community service right now. I absolutely can not believe she’s working outside the house for someone else, and in the government, no less. There are at least half a dozen mandates broken by that. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Columbia said:

AS’s FB profile says she’s working for the county chamber of commerce, so maybe she really is involved in some sort of community service right now. I absolutely can not believe she’s working outside the house for someone else, and in the government, no less. There are at least half a dozen mandates broken by that. 

But there are so many instances where making a buck triumphs over the high-flown ideals of this circle. They usually keep it on the down-low, though. 

• Upvote 6

There is an update on the VF Facebook page, a film from "Haggai Sofia" in Istanbul. Is Doug hiring illiterate homeschooled interns again?

(I think the spelling in English is Hagia Sofia, not Haggai Sofia.)

Istanbul (Not Constantinople) and the Haggai Sophia

This month the world learned that the Turkish government was transforming the historic Haggai Sophia in Istanbul into a mosque. Previously known as The Church of Haggai Sophia, and now named the Haggai Sophia Grand Mosque, it was built by the Emporer Justinian in 537 as the patriarchal cathedral of the imperial capital of Constantinople. It is among the most significant Chrisian works of acruitecture and historicity in the world. With the Muslim invasion of Constantinople in 1453, and the fall of that city to the Ottoman Empire, it was converted to a mosque. But the 1935 secular Turkish Republic recognized it as a museum for people of all faiths. In early July 2020, the Turkish Council of State annulled the Turkish Cabinet's 1934 decision to establish the Haggai Sophia as a museum, and reclassified it as a mosque.

Some years ago Doug Phillips and his team travelled to the Haggai Sophia to film a documentary on the ancient world. Here is a brief, behind-the-scenes homage to the documentary work

Edited by Clementine
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

19 hours ago, Columbia said:

No picture, but I've found what the Botkins have been up to since the pandemic started. I'm curious to see the ratio of Christ the King church members to non-members.

I have to admit that I’m surprised they named their church Christ The King.  I would have thought that would sound “too Catholic” for them.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Clementine said:

There is an update on the VF Facebook page, a film from "Haggai Sofia" in Istanbul. Is Doug hiring illiterate homeschooled interns again?

I'm sure this is related to Erdogan's declaration of the Hagia Sophia's new status as a mosque  in the last few weeks. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Howl said:

I'm sure this is related to Erdogan's declaration of the Hagia Sophia's new status as a mosque  in the last few weeks. 

It is, but I wonder who wrote the post, with all the spelling errors.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I have to admit that I’m surprised they named their church Christ The King.  I would have thought that would sound “too Catholic” for them.

Are they Calvinists? The hyper-Calvinist pastor at the church we attended for a few years (ugh) was determined to name the new iteration of his church CtK. He was bizarrely insistent.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

I absolutely can not believe she’s working outside the house for someone else, and in the government, no less.

With the pandemic, I'd assume she's working remotely from the BotBorg home hive under the ever watchful supervision of Patriarchal Duck Biologist Geoff B while her sisterly accountability buddy makes sure she doesn't visit unapproved (naughty) web sites. 

T-Rex Arms is a supporter of the CoC, so a side dish of enlightened self interest.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic