IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

is there a screenshot of Lori’s admission to hitting Ken?  Anybody able to share it?  

Thanks. 

ETA: I ask because someone on Twitter is suggesting Lori is an abuser. I thought it might be nice if someone could offer proof of that. 

We have ample proof of that. She beat her kids, she tricked her husband into having another baby so she could stay at home, she wrote nasty letters to her neighbors because their dog was barking too much (am I right about that?) and her whole "ministry" is a train wreck of abuse and support of abuse. 

I actually agree with Lori when she says that hitting your partner once doesn't make you an abuser. 

11 hours ago, molecule said:

Some of that pushback is from Sheila Gregoire. 

image.png.e85ea995328d567138bca14097e8a0c6.png

Thanks, Sheila. Gary Thomas (who has also spoken up on the topic of abuse) mentions her in his newest book "When to walk away".  Sheila is such an example of a person who actually cares, unlike Lori. 

I don't want to keep tearing Lori down. it's useless because she feeds on the negativity.  I feel like spending time reading her stuff is poisoning me. It was important for me to face how her teaching messed me up, but now I see no sense in spending time on her blog.  Whenever I go there (like I did two weeks ago) it takes days to get over the effect her words have on me. Her teaching is confusing and damaging. She twists the words of the Bible and uses them as weapons against her sisters. She belittles women, blames them for everything that has ever gone wrong in the world. She forgets that she's a woman, apparently.  The men who comment on her blog are horrible and the women who comment on there are becoming just like her.  The best thing anyone can do is walk away from her and pray that she sees the light. She doesn't care about anyone. Let her stew in her poisonous brew until she sees her need for salvation.  I hope that happens sooner rather than later, and I hope that her children see the light, if they haven't seen it yet. 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 12

3 hours ago, onemama said:

It was important for me to face how her teaching messed me up, but now I see no sense in spending time on her blog.  Whenever I go there (like I did two weeks ago) it takes days to get over the effect her words have on me. Her teaching is confusing and damaging. She twists the words of the Bible and uses them as weapons against her sisters. She belittles women, blames them for everything that has ever gone wrong in the world. She forgets that she's a woman, apparently.  The men who comment on her blog are horrible and the women who comment on there are becoming just like her.  The best thing anyone can do is walk away from her and pray that she sees the light. She doesn't care about anyone. Let her stew in her poisonous brew until she sees her need for salvation.  I hope that happens sooner rather than later, and I hope that her children see the light, if they haven't seen it yet. 

^^ This! So much this! ^^

Her teaching/mentoring nearly tipped me over the edge. I was told to just submit more, to obey more, to accept more, and it would be okay. It wasn't okay. It was about as far from okay as it was possible to get. Lori needs to be stopped before she drives women to suicide.

ETA: But you're a better person than me, onemama because I haven't yet got to that point where I can pray that she sees the light. I can't pray for her at all. Especially not when she keeps allowing comments from disgusting men who psychologically abuse women over the internet and apparently get their kicks from it. She is an awful woman. 

Edited by KDA
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

abuse.JPG.89e43d297f0b36cf2b081692744f3cec.JPG

This was posted yesterday on Twitter.  It got a lot of pushback, but the problem is there were more likes than dissenters.  People like Lori only have a platform with people who are not educated (this can be formal and informal).

It seems to me that Lori makes a POINT of being stupid and ill-informed.  Her twitter is such a trainwreck (worse than Facebook, if that is possible), that many have questioned if it is a parody account.  I reported her account to Twitter questioning this and we will see.  I intend to follow up.

Lori, ignorance is not bliss and, in your case, it is dangerous  ... dangerous to people who (for reasons I don't understand) idolize and buy into the bs your spout.  I am pretty sure you read here, so think about this:  What is God going to have to say to you when you have to account for all the people you have criticized, for all the abuse you dish out and for disseminating incorrect/dangerous advice.  I know you have harmed people, withheld vital information (cases of suicide and domestic violence hotlines being deleted), lied, given advice that was not fact based or was anectdotal in nature. 

You use the Bible as a Weapon ... not a tool.  Talk about abuse.  So much abuse.  Abusing people is a SIN and it is EVIL.  Hurting little children & telling other women to hurt their kids (you know the article that has 33 instances of what you said all captured in screenshots).  Telling women to stay with an abuser, to be more subservient so as not to set him off?  Not to marry an abuser?  (as if they would show their true colors).   Lori,  your ignorance is a danger to so many.   Your hatred & jealousy of women shows.

So, Mrs. Rules, how many of God's rules are you breaking every day?

Edited by Liza
sp
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

This may sound stupid but I have to ask, what law are they arguing about? What law are we supposed to follow according the people who argue against Ken and Lori? 

I know there are people here wiser than me, so please explain to me like I was a 5 year old ??? 

• Upvote 6

I haven't been religious for many, many years and in the last 3 or so years I've tipped from agnostic into atheist more and more.  I am prone to guilt though (recovering Catholic).  Of all the people we discuss here Lori is the only one that can really get in my head for some reason.   If I'm feeling good it's not a problem, but if I'm feeling slightly depressed or going through a period of questionable health (like right now with my spine issues) she can worm right into my brain and make everything so much worse.

I'm kind of intrigued why that is the case because we talk about a lot of people with pretty awful beliefs.  I've taken long breaks for Lori over the last few years and still just pop in if the thread title is interesting or I see a lot of posts going to her threads.

If she has that effect on me, I can't even imagine what she does to women in more vulnerable situations with less education and little to no options.

I truly believe it's only a matter of time before she has blood on her hands (if she doesn't already).  I don't understand how @Ken can just let this go on.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

This may sound stupid but I have to ask, what law are they arguing about? What law are we supposed to follow according the people who argue against Ken and Lori? 

I know there are people here wiser than me, so please explain to me like I was a 5 year old ??? 

While I'm not 100% sure, I get the impression the whole thread was about rule following in general based on feedback they get all the time to various posts.  Lori pushes all kinds of rules when it is convenient (such as the debate over tattoos as an example -- they are only mentioned in the OT. Lori says we are not under OT "rules" but yet uses that to push her opinion that tattoos are sinful). People have pointed out that Lori/Ken seem to selectively pull verses out of context (both OT and NT) to bludgeon women over the head and keep them in line.  People have asked many times then if they are following "such and such rule/law" do they also follow other supposed rules such as "wearing head coverings, not eating shellfish, not wearing mixed fabrics" and a whole host of others. 

The issue at hand is why are some rules good and other rules bad in Lori/Ken's mind.   So I think Ken posted that wall of text to try "to prove" the point that they don't have to follow OT rules. Except when they do.  Yet in the same breath they are also pushing all the so-called "rules" of what it means to be a Godly woman/wife/mother. 

In essence, readers are suggesting that L/K are hypocrites and selectively picking the rules they like/fit their agenda. They are for something, unless they are against something.   An earlier poster in this thread put it very well  "Legalism is bad, but our brand of legalism is good." 

The ironic thing is Ken always seem astonished at the push back he gets even though he and Lori do this exact same things to others ALL THE TIME.  Does he really not know how the internet works? How opinions work?   That everyone is just supposed to say "So saith Ken Alexander" and everyone falls into lockstep??  Funny that even Penelope Kass, one of Lori's biggest fan girls, was told to "get a life" because she dared to disagree with Ken. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

People often say (and I have thought this too) 'why doesn't Ken do something about Lori?

I think it is because Ken's thinking is just like Lori's.  Of, of course, he seems to  reign her in when he makes half-assed attempts at damage control .. but, in truth ... he pretty much believes the same things.  He is just as guilty as she is.  He was there when she abused her children (mentally, physically, and spiritually) and he did not put a stop to it.  He is there now as she writes on all her media, and he does nothing.    To say nothing ... to do nothing ... is aiding the abuser.  I do not use the term abuse lightly.  I am referring to Lori encouraging mothers to physically inflict pain ("it has to hurt a ton"), to use spiritual abuse  (fear God, the snake will come & bite you, etc., etc.), to support rape of women (let him do it whenever, no matter what, no matter the pain, no matter ... no right to say "no".), to push what she did today about avoiding abuse by being quiet and on and on and on ...

Another poster asked "why do we get this upset about her like no one else.  And I ask the same question.  Why?  I did not grow up Evangelical but I did grow up RCC and there was spiritual abuse in Catholic School and in the Church.  Fortunately I never experienced sexual abuse.  Maybe that's a part of it. 

But there's more and I'm not sure what it is.  

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

[Galatians 3:24 - So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.]

It’s not stupid at all!  I’m wondering if I can remember my college classes...

The above verse is often used to prove the thinking about no longer living under The Law. The first five books of The Old Testament are considered The Law, with Leviticus containing very detailed laws the people had to follow. When Jesus was ministering, his teachings replaced The Law and were more...gentle? His crucifixion solidified, so to speak, The New Law, or “the rules” that replaced Old Testament teachings. 

Basically, when Ken and Lori talk about this, they are saying The Old Testament is not applicable to our daily life. It is for learning and reference but not as commands pertaining to what we can and cannot do, and not as a guideline for salvation. At least, that’s how I take their writings  

I hope this makes sense. 

Edited by usmcmom
Typo
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

23 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Basically, when Ken and Lori talk about this, they are saying The Old Testament is not applicable to our daily life. It is for learning and reference but not as commands pertaining to what we can and cannot do, and not as a guideline for salvation.

Lori's personal laws that she makes up and disseminates via the internet, however, are most definitely commands. For other women, that is. Not for Lori herself.

• Upvote 14

13 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Lori's personal laws that she makes up and disseminates via the internet, however, are most definitely commands. For other women, that is. Not for Lori herself.

So true! 

They get hung up on the law, I think, and resort to “We don’t live under the law!!” when the argument gets too complicated for them. They refuse to look at basic right and wrong because they want to distract people.  

• Upvote 9

L/K use their carefully selected verses of the Bible when convenient and forget the rest.  My understanding of a fundamental of the OT law is that we are not bound by sacrifice and the mediation of the priests to be forgiven of sins, but we now have Christ as our sacrifice and our mediator.  Anything more than this is where L/K derail into the minutiae of the laws for governing the early society.  They were an unorganized band of nomads leaving Egypt that needed rules to follow to live together.  L/K probably think Moses had an iPad and was taking notes, and that's what we have as the first five books of the OT.  It's ironic that they use OT law when convenient, yet Lori has broken almost every commandment.  I could probably give an example of all 10, but that would give her too much of my brain power.

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

You have a good husband there! He knows these fundies are bat shit crazy!

My husband is a former Baptist pastor who didn't ordain women and he has even said she is "batsh*t". 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

L/K use their carefully selected verses of the Bible when convenient and forget the rest.  My understanding of a fundamental of the OT law is that we are not bound by sacrifice and the mediation of the priests to be forgiven of sins, but we now have Christ as our sacrifice and our mediator.  Anything more than this is where L/K derail into the minutiae of the laws for governing the early society.  They were an unorganized band of nomads leaving Egypt that needed rules to follow to live together.  L/K probably think Moses had an iPad and was taking notes, and that's what we have as the first five books of the OT.  It's ironic that they use OT law when convenient, yet Lori has broken almost every commandment.  I could probably give an example of all 10, but that would give her too much of my brain power.

1. You shall have no other gods before me: Lori worships home making and Paul. 
2. You shall not take the lords name in vain: Lori does this every day by worshiping Paul and following his teachings over gods. 
3. Remember to keep the sabbath day holy: The sabbath is technically on Saturday. The day she post and let’s it go. Lots of horrible comments. She also doesn’t go to church on Sunday, the day most Christians rest. 
4. Honor your father and mother: she didn’t visit her mom when she was dying and she trash talks her dad. 
5.thou shall not kill: she may not have killed any humans or animals that we know of but she has killed appetites and salads. 
6. Thou shall not commit adultery: she hasn’t cheated that we know of but she does seem to lust after women a lot, focus on their bodies. Take that as you will.

7. Thou shall not steal: she stole kens sperm. Does that count? She also stole/ took the car her daughter was gifted.

8. Thou shall not bare false witness against thy neighbor: this means lying and that’s all Lori seems to do. 
9. Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife: does harping on women like she does count? Does her male worship count? 
10. Thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods: she may not covet herself, that we know of, but she makes it real easy for women to covet hers. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, KDA said:

ETA: But you're a better person than me, onemama because I haven't yet got to that point where I can pray that she sees the light. I can't pray for her at all. Especially not when she keeps allowing comments from disgusting men who psychologically abuse women over the internet and apparently get their kicks from it. She is an awful woman. 

I'm not a better person. I wish I could pray for her properly but all I can do at this point is hope that she sees just how wrong she is and how destructive her so-called ministry is. I can pray that her more vulnerable followers see her for what she is, but praying for her is hard. I still think it's the best we can do, considering that she won't listen and every push back is like fuel on her fire. Sheila Gregoire called her toxic, which I think is worse than awful. 

• Upvote 10

Lori takes the Lord's name in vain every time she calls her own cockamamie rules "God's perfect ways".  She has worked hard to kill people's reputations.  She's even carrying on today about Jen Hatmaker.  She covets the respect Beth Moore, Joyce Meyer and others have gained.  

There is no way you can say you love the Lord with all your heart and have such anger and hatred toward others, including your own family. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

I forgot I followed Lori on the FJ Twitter account so it was easier for me to report her awful tweets like yesterday's one about DV.

I was startled today when she showed up in the feed (it was late last night and I totally forgot I had followed her), but I was happy to see that the majority of the replies on her tweet up to that point were people pushing back and telling her that she needed to close down all her social media and blog if women weren't supposed to be teaching men the word of God.

There was only 1 positive reply at that point.  It did have 6 shares and (*gag*) 76 likes, but in the big scheme of social media, that's not all that many.

• Upvote 11

I can't find that vial tweet about abuse is the woman's fault anymore. Is it still there or did Lori take it down? Maybe Twitter removed it?  I'm not sure how Twitter works, but I don't see it anymore.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I can't find that vial tweet about abuse is the woman's fault anymore. Is it still there or did Lori take it down? Maybe Twitter removed it?  I'm not sure how Twitter works, but I don't see it anymore.

I'm still seeing that tweet. 

She is still bashing female pastors on twitter.I'm betting that she is hoping to go viral again.  If that happens I hope people point out that Ken and Lori have referred to her online activity as a "ministry" several times. Some of the followers have also said they are glad for Lori's "ministry" a bunch of times.

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I am thinking Twitter removed it.  No way is Lori walking back something that might gain her more attention.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She is still bashing female pastors on twitter.I'm betting that she is hoping to go viral again.  If that happens I hope people point out that Ken and Lori have referred to her online activity as a "ministry" several times. Some of the followers have also said they are glad for Lori's "ministry" a bunch of times.

I wish I wasn't blocked on all of her platforms (actually, I AM glad...she's not worth my time).   I as so angry with her post today and justify mocking/laughing at Beth Moore.   One can respectfully disagree on the position of women in ministry (although I've read lots of well researched commentaries that support women in ministry so I have no problem with that).  What galled me most was the justification of "laughing and mocking" of Beth Moore.  Essentially Lori was like "well everyone else laughed so it was appropriate."   SO SO SO SO MEAN.

I've been following Tim Fall and he has a lot of say.  He posted this and I say, AMEN!

image.thumb.png.6f8d4b2daa8362ac0268d2ff48f769f0.png

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 5

Looks like Lori went viral over that tweet saying submissive women are much less likely to be abused.  Lori got a lot of pushback & tried to walk it back,  but made it worse, as usual:

Two articles on the subject so far:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7603031/Christian-blogger-sparks-outrage-saying-women-quarrelsome-abused.html#comments

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/10/22/christian-mom-to-avoid-domestic-abuse-wives-shouldnt-be-so-quarrelsome

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

Now she is retweeting this repugnant POS.  Can you see her manically finding these tweets and rubbing her hands saying, see how they like this one, evil whores that they are.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 12.07.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 12.08.49 PM.png

• Angry 5
  • WTF 7

41 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Now she is retweeting this repugnant POS.  Can you see her manically finding these tweets and rubbing her hands saying, see how they like this one, evil whores that they are.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 12.07.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 12.08.49 PM.png

What a douchecanoe. I don't know of anyone who "feels the need" for a "what if we get divorced" career. A "I enjoy working" career, sure. Probably plenty of "what if he gets hit by a bus" careers, as well. Or a "what if he gets sick" career. Being totally dependent on one person to keep an entire family afloat is both risky and a privilege - AND is a completely modern construct.

Lori herself, of course, went to college and began a career as a teacher, which continued until she sabotaged her birth control to get Ken to allow her to sit at home, instead. Lori was very lucky that Ken makes good money, so they could afford a housekeeper, a nanny, and the classes and activities her kids wanted to do. I imagine Lori's main money-related annoyance was either having to ask Ken before making big expenditures, or along the lines of "Alyssa! Pointe shoes are expensive, and you've worn out another pair already?" Most of Lori's followers? They're more worried about affording groceries, and organic isn't even a consideration - it's a splurge to get name brand rather than store brand, for many of them.

Lori encourages women to be leeches because she's a total leech (and also I think she enjoys seeing other people suffer). I think many of her male followers want women to be dependent on men because it gives them control of women, and shores up their frail masculinity. They find independent women frightening, and would prefer women be stupid and dependent to make them feel more "manly."

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic