IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

There’s. video out of MacArthur attacking women who preach and he tells Beth Moore ( she’s not present of course) to “go home”. 

Sarah Bessey has a wonderful response to that video. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, molecule said:

Sarah Bessey has a wonderful response to that video. 

That response is great. Except one thing. The italicized “mama” Beth at the end of the list of her roles. Bessey (who is, btw, married to a former student of mine from the Christian school) tends to fall into the evangelical trap of exalting motherhood above all else for women . Moore shouldn’t be treated as such because of her qualifications that the piece highlights in that very list but ending with the italicized “mama” elevates that as the primary reason. Fertility is not a qualification for a woman to teach and preach in church. 

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That response is great. Except one thing. The italicized “mama” Beth at the end of the list of her roles. Bessey (who is, btw, married to a former student of mine from the Christian school) tends to fall into the evangelical trap of exalting motherhood above all else for women . Moore shouldn’t be treated as such because of her qualifications that the piece highlights in that very list but ending with the italicized “mama” elevates that as the primary reason. Fertility is not a qualification for a woman to teach and preach in church. 

I'm so glad you said this. Although I generally love the response, the closing irked me and I couldn't put my finger on why that was. You're right. It's the "Mama." I know she means spiritual motherhood and that she's trying to draw attention to the ways Beth Moore's words and actions have shaped many of us in ministry, but it didn't quite sit right with me, either.

How fun that you have a connection with her through her husband.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

I'm so glad you said this. Although I generally love the response, the closing irked me and I couldn't put my finger on why that was. You're right. It's the "Mama." I know she means spiritual motherhood and that she's trying to draw attention to the ways Beth Moore's words and actions have shaped many of us in ministry, but it didn't quite sit right with me, either.

How fun that you have a connection with her through her husband.

I’m not sure she means it to be spiritual. She is very much about motherhood defining faith. She wrote several blogs about childbearing and babies being how she understands God and always talks about motherhood and faith.  She tries to make it as if she doesn’t define other women that way or think it’s the only way but she constantly writes about other women this way.  So I think that it really is what she believes women need to define their faith. If she was brought up at all in the environment her husband was, then it’s no wonder.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I am glad Lori is getting some pushback on Twitter. 

Some of that pushback is from Sheila Gregoire. 

image.png.e85ea995328d567138bca14097e8a0c6.png

• Upvote 13
  • Love 18

13 minutes ago, molecule said:

Some of that pushback is from Sheila Gregoire. 

image.png.e85ea995328d567138bca14097e8a0c6.png

Thank you for posting that. Sheila’s first tweet was not showing up for me. I don’t know if it was deleted. Can Lori delete others’s comments on Twitter?

• Upvote 6

Quarrelsome, contentious and abusive?

Like a woman who criticized her husband's food choices and hobbies, manipulated and tricked him into letting her stay home instead of working, mooched off his hard work for years (decades!) while doing not much of anything - to the point that he had to hire a nanny AND housekeeper, and has admitted HITTING him? 

How would perfect Godly Lori know anything at all about that sort of woman?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

WARNING: TRIGGER - DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

I am glad Lori is getting some pushback on Twitter. 

Hide contents

A37FBF4A-1421-4D0C-B4EC-C4B8A4F80877.thumb.jpeg.f74fb272a7d42eefbca0d84a80d5c148.jpeg

I saw that this morning and it totally pissed me off. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

No. Absolutely not. Abusers will find any excuse to abuse you. Accidents, mishaps, your appearance, the kids being kids. It doesn’t matter, because they’re looking for a reason and they will find one. Because it’s on them. That’s their behavior; it has nothing to do with the victim’s behavior. She is so, so damaging. And she has absolutely no idea what she’s talking about. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Thank you for posting that. Sheila’s first tweet was not showing up for me. I don’t know if it was deleted. Can Lori delete others’s comments on Twitter?

"You're hurting people."

Yes, she is.  That's what she wants.  Lori's lifework has been hurting people.  I think it's the only thing that brings her joy.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

No. Absolutely not. Abusers will find any excuse to abuse you. Accidents, mishaps, your appearance, the kids being kids. It doesn’t matter, because they’re looking for a reason and they will find one. Because it’s on them. That’s their behavior; it has nothing to do with the victim’s behavior. She is so, so damaging. And she has absolutely no idea what she’s talking about. 

"If you want to be my door mat, I'm going to walk all over you."    

Triggered.  Needing to take  a Lori break.  See anyone willing with the Rods and on the Shitshed.   Can Not Deal with the total crap.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

Dear Lori, 

STFU about things that you don't know about. I co-authored and published a paper on domestic violence with my two mentors in grad school. I continue to be a domestic violence advocate.  This is a serious issue that is not the woman's fault, as you imply.  Domestic violence and rape go beyond women (and men) being submissive and keeping sweet.  I am not on any social media, but I will report you and @Ken for this.  

Thank you.

FreeallJs.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 17

is there a screenshot of Lori’s admission to hitting Ken?  Anybody able to share it?  

Thanks. 

ETA: I ask because someone on Twitter is suggesting Lori is an abuser. I thought it might be nice if someone could offer proof of that. 

Edited by usmcmom
Additional thought
  • Upvote 13

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lori, that’s not the reason you’ve been in Facebook jail. But go on believing that. ?

Hide contents

D7BA67F6-FC86-45E0-AF41-076C32AE1D00.jpeg

I have conservative friends who complain that they were put in Facebook jail because they were conservative and Facebook is liberal.  I have liberal friends who complain that they were put in Facebook jail because they were liberal and Facebook is conservative.  No, you were put in Facebook jail because you posted something hateful.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

We get our insurance through husband's employer. Plans are drastically changing next year. He got the info today and we have to choose a plan and enroll by November 1. He brought home the whole thing, handed it to me and said "I don't really understand all of this, so you're going to have to figure it out and decide what we should do". 

Then, while I was reading it, he added: "I suppose that fundie bitch with the blog would be really upset by this because I'm supposed to make all the decisions, right?". ?

And on a side note, our insurance options all suck. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

41 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Then, while I was reading it, he added: "I suppose that fundie bitch with the blog would be really upset by this because I'm supposed to make all the decisions, right?". ?

You have a good husband there! He knows these fundies are bat shit crazy!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

is there a screenshot of Lori’s admission to hitting Ken?  Anybody able to share it?  

Thanks. 

ETA: I ask because someone on Twitter is suggesting Lori is an abuser. I thought it might be nice if someone could offer proof of that. 

I don't think I've seen a screenshot of it.  I sort of do remember someone having a screenshot of Lori admitting she was nasty to Ken. 

3 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

"If you want to be my door mat, I'm going to walk all over you."    

Triggered.  Needing to take  a Lori break.  See anyone willing with the Rods and on the Shitshed.   Can Not Deal with the total crap.  

I took a break for awhile from Lori, FJ, and fundies for a few months. Today, I almost felt like taking another break. I have a feeling that the shit will finally hit the fan for Lori at some point.  

One high point of today was that a friend of mine defended women ministers on Facebook in regards to John MacArthur's comments. My friend said he did that in honor a female friend who is a UMC minister. 

• Upvote 10

@wallysmommy, what did Lori say about Hallmark movies and feminism?  Is she against them because many of the women on the Hallmark mysteries have careers and aren't married?  Candice Cameron Bure plays a single librarian, Aurora Teagarden,  Alison Sweeney runs a successful bakery, Kellie Martin first ran a bookstore and then played a former DA turned clinical psychologist,  Brooke Shields is a florist,  and Jewel restores houses.  Those are just a few.  One of the newer mystery series is about a archaeology prof.    They're all unmarried although I think Kellie Martin might be a widow in the newest mysteries.  The mystery movies are almost always based on a novel series.  In the non-mystery movies, frequently a single woman comes to a small town and discovers love and the meaning of life.  Hallmark movies have been criticized for that, btw, and for the lack of characters of color.  They do seem to improving on that score though.  The Christmas movie they showed on Friday had a black couple on it and in both Kellie Martin's mystery series, her sidekick has been a black man.  

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Thanks. 

hit.PNG.b55abd05b1a773a0c0c1e6e18dd30700.PNG

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Can Lori delete others’s comments on Twitter?

I don't think she can delete someone else's comments, although I don't know what happens to replies if she deletes her tweet.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

@PennySycamore

Heres the tweet from Queen Lori

I think many women love Hallmark movies because they make the world look like everything is still okay and not filled with the wickedness that we can see is happening.

• Thank You 6

32 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

think many women love Hallmark movies because they make the world look like everything is still okay and not filled with the wickedness that we can see is happening.

So much for dwelling on the good and the lovely. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic