IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

50 minutes ago, Petronella said:

The “just work from home!” solution is absurd. Work requires attention. Kids, ideally, should also have attention. If you’re “at home” with them but ignoring them, what’s the point? (I’m not suggesting that kids of every age need attention every second, but long-term “working while looking after preschoolers” compromises both the work and the parenting. And if you’re supposed to be homeschooling, well...!)

I couldn't agree more. I sadly suffer from very, very bad depression. I would LOVE to work but cannot, well at least for the time being. I'm a forced "stay-at-home" mum. I've looked into every possible kind of at home job, There's nothing. Most options like transcribing, translation, take up a huge amount of time for little pay. Etsy shops, never tried, but you'd probably have to fight hard to make a little income.

Baby -sitting? Being a nanny? Well for one you are helping those ungodly mothers go off to work. Also, when you have 3 or 4 kids more on top of your own the less time you have for your own which defies the whole purpose. Time is like a pie, the more people there are, the smaller the slices.

As for Lori, she's making her living on her uncoherent, shocking claims. Making the bad buzz. I often doubt she believes in all this stuff, she just craves the attention. Good, bad she'll take it all...

• Upvote 10
  • Love 7

On 10/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

I feel like I'm the only person on this site who actually likes Kanye, so just a bit of perspective: he has recently undergone what appears to be a very genuine religious conversion/revival

I will preface this by saying I wouldn't know a Kanye song if it walked up and bit me on the face.  I'm extremely "musically challenged" and my favorite band is Nickelback and I don't care what people think about that.  I saw them live a few years ago and had the best time.

Based on some of Kanye's past behavior, I really feel like he may have some (as far as we know) undiagnosed mental illness.   I know people can just be assholes and it doesn't mean they are mentally ill.  He, IMO, shows some grade A narcissism, but I also think that performers, actors, politicians need a certain level of narcissism to do their jobs.

My problem (such as it is, because I don't really care that much if we are being honest) is he has gone through a few "transformations" before and they have been, at best, stunts, IMO.   This time might be different, but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

I also think his support of Trump is pretty problematic and would have some real issues with him if nothing else was an issue.

He's said some pretty bad things in the past, as well.  To believe any true change, I think I'd need to hear him say he understands he's said things in the past that hurt people and his views have changed.  I am pretty sure he's said a lot about God/religion/faith in the past so I'm not sure what would be different about this "transformation."

I was looking for a specific quote I was thinking of as an example of one that hurt people in the past and found this one which is maybe more relevant.

You should only believe about 90 percent of what I say. As a matter of fact, don’t even believe anything that I’m saying at all. I could be completely fucking with you, and the world, the entire time.’

22 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The book is He Bear She Bear - if you want it read to you someone has it on youtube: 

Of course Lori wouldn't like it, it shows a man knitting, a woman doctor, women construction workers, etc. It doesn't focus on "women can do everything men can do" it focuses on all different occupations and how males and females can do either profession. The bears even talk about the things they could do together. We all know how Lori thinks men and women can't have complementary relationships! ?

Thank you for the name.  I was going to go find it to buy for my granddaughter for xmas.  Sounds like it has a great message.  I love these books as a child and read them to my children.   I will send a copy to my kids for the baby and be able to also read it to her using this video when we start video chats :)

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

17 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Plus, why would you model your life after a nursery rhyme anyway?

Lori, a grown-ass adult who was in charge of keeping for little humans alive,  couldn't figure out how to evacuate herself from a potential fire.  She clearly needs simple instructions to function in life and a nursery rhyme sounds about her speed ;) 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

16 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Curious, your post brought to mind the last time I visited my sister.  As you may know, my sister has glioblastoma, the most severe type of brain cancer.  (It's the type of cancer that killed John McCain, Ted Kennedy and Beau Biden.)  They don't talk about glioblastoma patients being cured, but talk in terms of survivorship.  The average survival time post diagnosis in 13 months and my sister is coming up on three years.  I don't know what stage my sister is in currently, but she'd had several falls and is now in a wheelchair, perhaps permanently.  Her husband has to do all the cooking, housekeeping and helping her to bathe and go to the bathroom.  When I was talking to my sister, she mentioned their wedding vows.  "For better, for worse. In sickness and in health".  You and my sister are in marriages where those vows are taken seriously.   Not so Lori.  She could hardly take the time to visit Ken in the hospital when he was so seriously ill this summer.  

I knew your sister had glioblastoma from prior posts.  I'm sorry to hear it must be affecting her balance or something now.  It's hard to suddenly be wheelchair-bound and have others doing things for you that are quite intimate even if it's a person you've been with for a long time.  Loss of independence sucks and to be unable to take care of basic needs yourself is even hard, in my experience.

Three years is amazing.  I hope she continues to do as well.  Cancer is such an awful disease, but something about brain cancer is particularly cruel, IMO.

14 hours ago, Koala said:

Someone on Instagram found it odd that Lori praised the Berenstain Bears book in one breath, and criticized it in the next.  She asked Lori why she read it to her grandchildren if she objects to it.

Lori?  Well, she did what she usually did when she's caught contradicting herself.  She deleted the comment.

99428618_Go2.PNG.a43318b4dc7fd9933914d72c1645a29b.PNG

Now, she's had time to come up with a back story.  It's...interesting, and AGAIN reflects very poorly on Lori's children/children's spouses that they continue to allow her to be around their children.

read.PNG.98f6039d015087d8839cbb6f21c4389f.PNG971279407_read1.PNG.00a3e25324afaf019abb1b46bf34b2d8.PNG

Surely some of Ryan's kids are old enough to read by themselves by now, aren't they?  It seems like we've been talking about poor little Emma for at least 4-5 years by now at least.   Does she sharpie out the bits she doesn't like and pencil in the 'right' words or does she just not allow the children access to books to read quietly on their own?

11 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And when you ask was this magical golden time when all was right with the world and everyone knew their gender-defined place?

Back when we (the US) and Italy started being friends...you know Ancient Rome  ;) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Just be aware that the Berenstain bears have been sold out by the authors' son to big religion. 

If it has the "lamplight" logo, it's been rewritten by their estate to be christian. (Which, whatever. But I don't like to accidentally give religious stuff to kids-mine or otherwise) 

The old ones are secular, the new ones are evangelical. 

Article https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/magazine/how-the-berenstain-bears-found-salvation.html

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 10

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Thank you for the name.  I was going to go find it to buy for my granddaughter for xmas.  Sounds like it has a great message.  I love these books as a child and read them to my children.   I will send a copy to my kids for the baby and be able to also read it to her using this video when we start video chats :)

A truly funny, silly book is Wonky Donkey. This video was out a year or two ago of a Scottish grandma reading it, her reading of the book is pee your pants funny! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

A truly funny, silly book is Wonky Donkey. This video was out a year or two ago of a Scottish grandma reading it, her reading of the book is pee your pants funny! 

LOL  on to the wishlist for the baby goes the Wonky Donkey :)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Godly Lori has a new video on "the joy of being a keeper at home as a grandma".

She mostly talks about how stressful all of her family's problems are for HER.  She's exhausted, y'all!

I was telling Ken on the way home from the airport- I just need a break!  I just need a week long to do nothing!  So it's been hard for me to write or...I haven't been able to respond to any emails or all the messages to me on Facebook.  I'm way behind- I don't even have that many posts.  Usually I have a couple of months posts ahead of time.  Now I have a week maybe...no three **airheaded laughter** cause I've just been so exhausted and busy.

The crux of the video, however, is that these people REALLY interfere with her social media presence.  Like, a lot.  She'll have you know that she is WAY behind on her Facebooking.  She has a mere 3 weeks of her wisdom on hand to vomit out on the internet, vs. the usual 2 months.  Can you imagine?  

For God's sake, Ken, let the woman rest!  Let her do nothing (per usual)!  We absolutely CAN NOT have Lori's various forms of social media falling by the wayside.  The Interwebz needs Lori's hateful voice! 

***For those of you who are worried- DON'T.  The family getting in the way of her online presence isn't stressing Lori at all.  Not one little bit.  She's totally fine.  Her family is her priority.  Really.  Promise.***

new.PNG.235157b8bd85ccd15f26d2a298ba047d.PNG

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 14

Welp, I'm back.  I took a self-imposed Lori break for a bit, she broke my bullshit meter.  

Today The (Un)Godly Mentor is using 'Children of Men' to support her commandments to women.  My first thought was 'I wonder if she's read the book?'  Then I thought 'Nah, she probably doesn't even know it was based on a book.'  

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, Petronella said:

Re books for kids that one doesn’t entirely agree with:

When mine were little, they enjoyed The Hardy Boys. I did too, except for the sexism. Hoo-boy, lots of sexism! I didn’t want to get rid of the books entirely, but I wanted to be sure my kids were aware of the problematic aspects. So, every time a woman/girl was defaulted to cooking or cleaning or excluded from action or thinking, for example, everyone ate a marshmallow. It was like a drinking game, but with sweets. It honed their radar for sexism, that’s for sure!

Re being “at home”:

The “just work from home!” solution is absurd. Work requires attention. Kids, ideally, should also have attention. If you’re “at home” with them but ignoring them, what’s the point? (I’m not suggesting that kids of every age need attention every second, but long-term “working while looking after preschoolers” compromises both the work and the parenting. And if you’re supposed to be homeschooling, well...!)

Whenever Lori suggests working from home- it's seem she has this image that mom can tend to the kids, homeschool, and then work whenever she wants to. Some work from home jobs do have some flexibility with scheduling, but you still have to be contact with a supervisor(if you'e working for a company) or clients/customers(if you have some kind of business) and in many cases deadlines have to be met.  I don't think Lori has ever deeply researched various work from home employment opportunities. 

My take is that she occasionally reads or hears about people doing medical transcription or billing from home, or them doing things accounting, marketing, etc from home and then thinks many of her followers can easily get or do those remote jobs. Some of Lori's fangirls have said they have college degrees or previous work experience. But, they could still get turned down for some WAH employment opportunities if they say they have kids at home and are homeschooling. Now, maybe some company would hire a homeschooling mom if she tells them that she'll homeschool evenings or weekends or if she offers to work nights and homeschools during the day. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 13

Lori has the best yard, everybody!  Really it’s the best*. The neighborhood kids are completely ruining it, but it’s  okay. Really. Cause she loves kids. God told her she does. 

Or as Trump would say: It’s the best yard. It’s perfect. Huge. The yardiest yard. So good for playing. Neighbors are jealoous. Bigly jealous. Tremendous. 

10C163D3-C850-4D0C-9B2C-6EFEACB2F920.jpeg

Edited by usmcmom
Typos
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 21

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Whenever Lori suggests working from home- it's seem she has this image that mom can tend to the kids, homeschool, and then work whenever she wants to. Some work from home jobs do have some flexibility with scheduling, but you still have to be contact with a supervisor(if you'e working for a company) or clients/customers(if you have some kind of business) and in many cases deadlines have to be met.  I don't think Lori has ever deeply researched various work from home employment opportunities.  My take is that she hears occasionally reads or hears about people doing medical transcription or billing from home, or them doing things accounting, marketing, etc from home and then thinks many of her followers can easily get or do those remote jobs. Some of Lori's fangirls have said they have college degrees or previous work experience. But, they could still get turned for some WAH employment opportunities if they say they have kids at home and are homeschooling. Now, maybe some company would hire a homeschooling mom if she tells them that she'll homeschool evenings or weekends or if she offers to work nights and homeschools during the day. 

Yes, Lori is clueless about what at-home jobs entail, but, amazingly, she’s also clueless about what parenting entails! While I’m reading to my kids, walking to the park, playing peekaboo, keeping watch during bathtime, playing games, helping them resolve a squabble, baking cupcakes, and all the other wholesome acts of stay-at-home parenting, where does the work fit in?

This doesn’t even include homeschooling the older kids and housework.

Maybe she envisions “work while they nap or after they’ve gone to bed” but in practicality that barely allows for the mental transition into work mode before you’re back “on” as mommy or asleep yourself.

When my husband and I homeschooled, he had the kids in the mornings and I had them in the afternoons. I was able to do my at-home work knowing my schedule was fully mine until noon. Sometimes I could fit in bits and pieces of work—like emails—while parenting, while the kids were in a class or with friends or engaged with something independently, but the body of my work needed more substantial protected space, mentally.

Lori is clueless.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I work from home teaching at the university level.  My Mondays and Tuesdays are booked with grading.  Depending on how many students and how the class is structured, I could have 30 papers to grade in 2 days.  Lori knows nothing about working at home, or outside the home.  

The lawn looks like mine.  It's dry patches from no rain (surprise, surprise in South Mississippi that we've had a dry spell so the normally lush green lawns have brown patches).  It's not from playing on it.  Playing doesn't make the grass brown.  Who would the neighborhood kids play with?  She probably has the rep of being "the crazy old lady always yelling at us."

Kanye West -- in my opinion he's an over promoted, over hyped, media whore who stupidly creates havoc as he did at the telethon in 2005 to raise money for Katrina victims.  "George Bush hates black people."  Mike Myers just liked at him like WTF.  90% of the people I knew lost their houses in Katrina.  

As some of you have mentioned on this thread, she really has lost her mind.  If I started posting the craziness she has, my friends and family would take me right down to the ER to have me evaluated.  

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Curious said:

LOL  on to the wishlist for the baby goes the Wonky Donkey

Something really fun you could do that I did for my cousin when she was pregnant, was to sign up the baby for Amazon book boxes! I did three boxes, and had them delivered every other month, and started sending them after baby was here. I think he got three or four books in each box, and they were all really fun titles that I picked out, and I hadn't heard of a lot of the books. It's so fun to read with babies of any age, and these were all age appropriate and hard to destroy (also important!) I think each box was like 20.00? So not inexpensive but it was fun for them to get the boxes in the mail, and get pictures of them opening the box with the baby.

There are other baby/child book subscription boxes, I just went with Amazon because it really was easiest for me and the price point was good.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

I work from home, and it is not easy.  The specific work I do is proofreading deposition transcripts for civil cases.  It is sometimes hard to set my schedule because 1. There are some days I don't get work, 2. There are some days I can't work, for whatever reason, 3. Some days I just say, I can't take work because I have such and such to do, 4.  When I am at home, there is also the cooking, cleaning, and other chores to do, 5. If husband and son are in the house, more often than not, I will be interrupted. 

Even with all that, I think there may have been only three or four times when I started a job and I could not finish it.  One of those times was when my mother was dying and I went to see her for the last time.  The other was when I went to the ER with chest pains (nothing serious!).  The other one or two times was when my computer just would not work.  

I also could not completely support us on what I make.  I get paid by the page. (My earnings go to pay back debt ,although I have used some to "indulge" myself; I'm toying with upgrading to a new iPad.). And if I do not or cannot work for some reason, I don't get paid.  And what I do get paid, I have to remember to pay taxes on it.  (My husband works with the IRS,. That's a help.)

• Upvote 17

7 hours ago, Curious said:

You are talking about Kanye West right?!?!   The man who is married to Kim Kardashian?!?!   HE is putting down immodest women?!?!

Did he start with his wife?   In my reality, a sex tape and a million pictures of your ass are not modest.

(I don't gaf what Kim K does.  Show your ass as much as you want.  You do you.  It's the hypocrisy that kills me.  Kind of like Melania and her anti-bullying campaign)

Several years ago, Kim wore a dress to the Met Gala, IIRC, where she was basically nude.  I think only the pubic area was covered.  What little fabric she did have on was skin-colored.  The dress resembled nothing more than a huge stocking.  Kanye designed it.  I hate naked dresses with a passion not because I am a prude, but because they show so very little creativity.  

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, Koala said:

The crux of the video, however, is that these people REALLY interfere with her social media presence.  Like, a lot.  She'll have you know that she is WAY behind on her Facebooking.  She has a mere 3 weeks of her wisdom on hand to vomit out on the internet, vs. the usual 2 months.  Can you imagine?  

OMG....my head wants to explode....it's all "LOOK at ME, LOOK at how GODLY I am!"     I know women who do all that and more day in day out AND work.

That video was a cross between self-congratulatory BS and poor-me pity party.   STFU

PS: Go get a haircut while you are at it. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9

I've been giving Lori a rest because I've heard it all before. Also because I realized that while most of the time I just try to do the best I can and not compare myself to other people, she makes me want to list all the ways I'm better than she is. I whole-heartedly believe that's a waste of time and spirit, and yet...

I'm several years older than Lori and yet, yesterday, I managed to teach my university course, check in by email with students who were having difficulties, pick up my grandson, take him to soccer practice and then bring him home to play with the dog and build houses of cards, cook dinner for me and my husband, make sure it was vegan so that a friend who stays over on Wednesday nights after a weekly appointment could have some later, arrange to get the furnace maintenance done, set up the sourdough starter to bake today and make applesauce from our homegrown fruit. There was also time to chat with my SIL, one of my daughters, and my granddaughter. And enjoy the way Pelosi owned Trump with that picture on Twitter.  I had time for this because there is a pause in my regular freelance work-from-home job. When that work rolls in with a deadline, I'll be less of a homemaker for awhile, and that's fine.

ps -- I would be more persuaded by the well-played yard picture if there was any actual evidence of children on it.

Off to my prayer closet now to shove my ego into a back corner.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 12

I read the "talk" with Ken as his throwing word salad at them for 45 minutes to an hour, yammering on and on and saying nothing of substance.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

4 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I read the "talk" with Ken as his throwing word salad at them for 45 minutes to an hour, yammering on and on and saying nothing of substance.

I hope so, even though listening to Ken blathering on for that long would be cruel in and of itself. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

8 hours ago, Curious said:

My problem (such as it is, because I don't really care that much if we are being honest) is he has gone through a few "transformations" before and they have been, at best, stunts, IMO.

Yep. He is an attention whore of the highest degree.

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Kanye West -- in my opinion he's an over promoted, over hyped, media whore who stupidly creates havoc as he did at the telethon in 2005 to raise money for Katrina victims. 

ITA, even though that was the last time he said anything I remotely agree with.

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Godly Lori has a new video

She looks absolutely terrible and unhinged, she no longer gives any fucks. And what's with the bug eyes?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I work from home teaching at the university level.  My Mondays and Tuesdays are booked with grading.  Depending on how many students and how the class is structured, I could have 30 papers to grade in 2 days.  Lori knows nothing about working at home, or outside the home

I work 2 jobs from home, and am on more than a few working from home, entrepreneur women groups on FB. A huge, often repeated, never solved issue, is husbands who don't think the wives really 'work', resent they are the only ones going out to work, and want them to get 'real' jobs.   Yes - some of them are even Christians!  Some are supportive, but still expect their 'cute little jobs' not to interfere with their lives.   Sure, the men are asses, but they are entitled to their feelings too.   I feel for them - my husband hated me not leaving for a job every day anytime I was out of work. Not all husbands want a stay at home wife.   Despite what Lori claims.    OH - and many women can't afford to stay home despite, again, what Lori claims.  No cutting the cell phone and baking your own bread will make up for a salary with benefits job. 

• Upvote 12

On 10/14/2019 at 7:58 PM, hollyfeller said:

When you enjoy something that much it is never a waste of money!

I spend a ton of money every year to take my goddaughter and her family to the Disneyland Halloween party, but it is completely worth it because we have so much fun.  I never worry about the cost because we make so many wonderful memories.

That Halloween party is awesome! We had so much fun when we went. I've got a hilarious picture of  a wee Darth Kid dressed up as Jack Sparrow, getting an autograph from the face actor playing Jack Sparrow at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride during the Halloween party :D

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori has the best yard, everybody!  Really it’s the best*. The neighborhood kids are completely ruining it, but it’s  okay. Really. Cause she loves kids. God told her she does. 

Or as Trump would say: It’s the best yard. It’s perfect. Huge. The yardiest yard. So good for playing. Neighbors are jealoous. Bigly jealous. Tremendous. 

10C163D3-C850-4D0C-9B2C-6EFEACB2F920.jpeg

I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $1000, Alex.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic