IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

If Lori’s site is indeed down, cue “PERSECUTION!!1!1!” rant in 3...2...1...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

4D594707-7546-4CBA-B74E-00053F473DA7.thumb.jpeg.24e9aafbcc8b9f4141b80db1f121cf67.jpeg

spoiler for those who want to read her post but not give her clicks. God never commanded women to submit to their husbands. Husband and wives are supposed to submit to one another, but, this isn’t commanded. God gave us Ten Commandments and none of them talk about wives submitting to husbands. Husbands are supposed to protect their wives. Wives are supposed to submit to their husbands council BUT only if their husbands are submitting to god. Biblical marriage only works if everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. Women submitting to their husbands isn’t how Lori describes it at all. Ask anyone who has studied the Bible. 

Spoiler

D5FFB20A-CD12-426C-8BB2-47AC56A6A479.thumb.jpeg.98ef0a89464ddc21e858ee38ae0ec7ff.jpeg2388DE26-D2F6-48B1-B824-D4CAEA94BDAD.thumb.jpeg.c524cc0d42595ebb0b6e9437301d8d2e.jpegA1D75CD6-3474-4FD6-A6EC-D1B3BF070E33.thumb.jpeg.2ed06b4e53fab7cebf37e50ca0fba03f.jpeg

I don’t think Lori knows what abuse is. She abused her kids and possibly Ken. I hope the women that came to her for counseling went to someone else for help.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3
  • Thank You 12

@Lgirlrocks thanks for posting her post. 

Interesting how she repeats "if you are physically abused" as if that is the only type of abuse out there. We already know she doesn't believe there can be rape in a marriage but she must not believe in verbal and mental abuse either. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

Not that it would make it okay, but there isn't anything in the Bible that supports the idea that submissive wives are less likely to be abused. The Bible says husbands might rather do anything than deal with a quarrelsome wife, but it doesn't say they will retaliate in abuse. 

So if studies prove Lori wrong, and the Bible doesn't support what Lori is saying, where is the credibility? She only has the anecdotes of the MGTOW and incels to "prove" she is right. 

Her latest post is just saving face because she must have realized she went too far and could jeopardize her "ministry." 

She even says abusive men will be abusive no matter what. Okay then, you have disproved yourself Lori! 

• Upvote 18

She posted something about having wives talk to her and her having to tell the young wives that what they thought was abuse wasn't.  I can't even imagine what makes her think she is knowledgeable enough to tell another woman that they aren't being abused.   
She also said she's not a pastor because she doesn't talk behind a pulpit.  Um, last I checked there wasn't what we consider pulpits ever mentioned in the New Testament church and they all were held in houses.  Paul, one of the greatest known pastors, in the New Testament church, probably not only never spoke in a church, but if he did it definitely was not behind a stand.  Most of his "sermons" were written word, much like the blogs and facebook messages of today.

It's also very hypocritical of her to say that God called her to social media "teaching" (aka preaching), but that God doesn't call women to be pastors of the church and if they say He did, they are wrong.  One of those,  "Well, God called me, but God didn't call you" statements.

I have to laugh at this definition of preaching, "the giving of moral advice in a pompously self-righteous way."  She sure does have the pompous self-righteous part down pat, not sure if what she's giving can be considered moral advice.

• Upvote 19

Of course she's silent in church.  She doesn't attend church.  And the pastors have told her to STFU.

• Upvote 20

So she has a large social following where people gather to read/ listen to what she writes/records for the purpose of teaching and those individuals happen to be both men and women but she’s totally not preaching in a church like setting? And where in the Bible is church defined as being in a building? Annnnd how is that much different than what Beth Moore does? 

• Upvote 17

Lori Alexander is a hopeless hypocrit. And forever marginally intelligent. She's not a pastor because she doesn't speak behind a pulpit? I suppose the sermon on the mount wasn't actually a sermon since there was no pulpit on that mount. Does she comprehend at all that bible times are not now? She frustrates me to no end with her simple-minded pronouncements that always make her right. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Lgirlrocks thanks for posting her post. 

Interesting how she repeats "if you are physically abused" as if that is the only type of abuse out there. We already know she doesn't believe there can be rape in a marriage but she must not believe in verbal and mental abuse either. 

I was never physically abused by my husband, but I was most certainly verbally and emotionally abused.  He was a narcissist who thought he was infallible so everything was my fault.  Traffic?  My fault.  His favorite soda not in the fridge?  My fault.  The shirt he wanted to wear not clean?  My fault.  The trash too full?  My fault.  I was upset about his mistress texting him?  My fault.

Any surprise I finally wised up and divorced him?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 28

22 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

Ok so I know this was quite a few pages back but I had my own go at Jillerizing Lori.

be afraid, be very afraid. 

Hide contents

45970E9D-48AD-41B4-9E17-FC83AEA78AA6.jpeg.3c74e3d25f5c20d84d8287ec965ddfc0.jpeg

OMG! A Lori/JRod hybrid! Somebody get a stick!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

OMG. I had a Lori dream/nightmare last night! I was at a casual gathering of women of various ages, in a parklike setting, everyone sitting around at picnic tables, and Lori was there. I believe I was the only person there who knew who she was. Everyone was being polite, including Lori, and chatting, getting acquainted. When I heard her veering towards the “teaching women about submissiveness” crap, I jumped in and said, as a buildup to getting REAL with her, I said that I’d never met a man who handled money as well as a woman could. I wanted the younger women who were being polite to her to learn how toxic Lori is.

When I woke up, I realized I’d fallen asleep listening to Dear Mr. Atheist, and YouTube had drifted over to one of his podcasts in which he eviscerated her.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

The joys of the way FB orders posts.  Women in ministry going topless.  So, it anyone finds her page, this is what they see.

Spoiler

130250297_ScreenShot2019-10-25at11_59_59AM.png.613e46b29c4c3718ca2339b49dafeec0.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Lori doesn’t teach younger women. What she does is make women who don’t fit her mold feel bad about themselves. She doesn’t give tips on how to be a stay at home wife on one income, she never needed help because ken makes good money. She doesn’t teach women how to love their husbands and kids, she doesn’t know how to do that. She doesn’t teach women how they are to be treated by men because she thinks that’s teaching men, it is not. The Bible tells men how to teach their wives, and Jesus taught men how to treat women. By reading these versus women can know how they should be treated. A godly man, or a decent man, should treat a women with respect. If he doesn’t he hasn’t earned respect from the women in his life. Period. 
what Lori does isn’t technically preaching either. She just bashes women and makes them feel like shit. I would argue, like the women below, that she is preaching more than teaching because she isn’t teaching anything and she twist scripture to fit her narrative. 

Spoiler

16A0DB97-73C0-43D9-8B4B-6E99376EEE5B.thumb.jpeg.ac17b146103d629ca855de41237d35c7.jpeg1E30FE2B-7B35-4EDB-BF2B-484231D6426B.thumb.jpeg.ce3543931a8bacc44fd824bb6a6941e5.jpegC0F99985-7791-482F-B819-8F838EBEF80A.thumb.jpeg.214a7d8e4f23f69334f5a212cb4108d1.jpeg

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Does anybody know Lori’s stance on working women?

She doesn’t write about it much; so...???

I've been in the oncology office for over 6 hours today getting an iron infusion. Literally 100% of the nurses here are women and they are the kindest people. Lori can blow her "working women" argument out her wrinkly ass.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 15

Twitter is not my thing- I don’t even follow anyone- I only use it to see Lori’s tweets. 
Hashtags are a thing though- right? Can someone create one that says go home Lori Alexander? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I've been in the oncology office for over 6 hours today getting an iron infusion. Literally 100% of the nurses here are women and they are the kindest people. Lori can blow her "working women" argument out her wrinkly ass.

And if Lori was in your position she would get help from all of those nurses while silently judging them.  She would wonder how many children they have in godless schools RIGHT NOW.  Or - gasp - they are, heaven forbid, CHILDLESS.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

37 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

And if Lori was in your position she would get help from all of those nurses while silently judging them.  She would wonder how many children they have in godless schools RIGHT NOW.  Or - gasp - they are, heaven forbid, CHILDLESS.

Lori would for sure judge me! Not only did I have my 2 children (we prevented more) in public school, I had to have my husband pick up Older Bonkers after school (interrupting his SEVERELY important job) because I was still hooked up to an IV. 

I count at least 5 Lori-sins.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

But Lori gladly skips to the organic food store for her $14/pound butter with money that came from a horrible working woman orthodontist or a male orthodontist with females in their practice in some capacity.  I'm sure she is non-discriminating when holding out her hand for money from Ken to support her habits.

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Now that I think about it, I believe over half the doctors and all of the nurses are women at the building that I work in. And all the mental health workers that I work with are female. And I believe that there are more female supervisors In the mental health network that I work in than males. Women are literally driving the mental health and physical health fields. When I’m at the ED for crisis work the doctors would be utterly lost without the nurses (majority female) to help them out. Here Lori is judging women for keeping people alive.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

16 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Now that I think about it, I believe over half the doctors and all of the nurses are women at the building that I work in. And all the mental health workers that I work with are female.

And are you asking the female doctors about how much they regret going to Medical school and becoming doctors?  You know every single one will tell you they do!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

Lori makes me laugh with this "I AM NOT A PREACHER!" crap.

She's never stood in a pulpit.

Is she aware, as a good Bible teacher, that there WERE NO PULPITS at the birth of the church? Peter and the other disciples were in the upper room with the women (GASP!) when the Church was born (when God's Spirit was poured out on earth). Peter didn't preach his first sermon from a flipping PULPIT! He stood up publicly and began to preach the Gospel AFTER he and the others spoke in other tongues.

There were no pulpits in early house churches; someone stood and read a SCROLL (from the Old Testament - GASP!) since they didn't HAVE the epistles or other portions of the New Testament written down yet and published.  After the preacher read the scrolls, he sat down and began to speak further, with others giving their input (see 1 Cor. 14: 26 below)

Guidelines for Use of the Gifts

26 Beloved friends,[k] what does all this imply? When you conduct your meetings, you should always let everything be done to build up the church family. Whether you share a song of praise,[l] a teaching, a divine revelation, or a tongue and interpretation, let each one contribute what strengthens others.

Lori, however, HAS elevated herself above others on her online "platform" (read: stage where she performs). She has banned and blocked those who try to exercise THEIR gifts within the Body (and it IS the church - wherever two or more are gathered in the name of Jesus. By her own definition, she IS operating as the Church online in her "ministry"). She "lords it over" - which, ironically, is the very thing that her "pet" scripture forbids, and the foundation of her supposed "biblical womanhood" message (See 1 Tim. 2:12 below):

11A woman must learn in quietness and full submissiveness. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority (properly, to unilaterally take up arms, i.e. acting as an autocrat – literally, self-appointed (acting without submission) over a man; she is to remain quiet. 

Lori, you are a self-appointed "authority" in your online church (platform - pulpit), unilaterally acting as an autocrat, without submission, domineering over both women AND men. 

Even if she claims (by hair-splitting lack of logic) to "not teach men", the scripture forbids exercising AUTHORITY over others (mankind - not males with penises) in the fashion in which she is doing.

In true Biblical womanhood and manhood, neither man nor woman usurps another person - but deals with other persons with care and humility. This is for all Christians of all genders. In fact, I believe this is great advice for all people everywhere - and is loving, regardless of whether one professes to be a Christian.

Lori is looking for reasons to justify her hypocrisy and pharisaical nonsense. (Auto-correct attempted to make that word, Parasitical, which I find quite hilarious).

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Spoiler

4C56960F-68D0-49AF-8F45-300FF982C71D.thumb.png.e171d6efc84b3c943ce106721cdcb3e2.png

I think this right here is exactly what Lori is about. According to her, if the Bible isn’t studied in the way she wants people to study the Bible then they are being deceived. And hundreds of women can’t be reading their Bible everyday because if they did, they would believe like her. She has placed her platform above God. She assumes that only her interpretation is correct and that it the height of narcissism. 

Although perhaps if her followers read beyond Titus 2:5  then they would see her for the false prophet she is. So idk maybe she’s right in a way. 

• Upvote 13

54 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Hide contents

4C56960F-68D0-49AF-8F45-300FF982C71D.thumb.png.e171d6efc84b3c943ce106721cdcb3e2.png

I think this right here is exactly what Lori is about. According to her, if the Bible isn’t studied in the way she wants people to study the Bible then they are being deceived. And hundreds of women can’t be reading their Bible everyday because if they did, they would believe like her. She has placed her platform above God. She assumes that only her interpretation is correct and that it the height of narcissism. 

Although perhaps if her followers read beyond Titus 2:5  then they would see her for the false prophet she is. So idk maybe she’s right in a way. 

She knows so little of the Bible.  Only the "godly womanhood" parts.  The rest she doesn't worry her little head over because there are penis-owners for that.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic