IGNORED

Fundie Divorces

Bethella

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes me wonder what the Pearls actually say about 2 of their 5 children going through divorce. 

Publicly they pretend nothing has happened.  Privately I think they close ranks against the evil non-Pearl sinner who didn't take their vows seriously. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Going based off the unmarried thread but Jessica Seewald is confirmed divorced and dating again.

Edited by sleepygirl1
Can’t spell
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

40 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Going based off the unmarried thread but Jessica Seewald is confirmed divorced and dating again.

Wow. She wasn’t married very long was she. 

• Upvote 3

She was with her husband for years before they got married and they lived together before marriage. I hope the new guy isn't fundie.

• Upvote 6

She wanted to get married so bad. Let’s hope she realizes now that marriage isn’t the end all be all and just enjoys dating and meeting new people. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She wanted to get married so bad. Let’s hope she realizes now that marriage isn’t the end all be all and just enjoys dating and meeting new people. 

Considering the agenda that her dad was pushing that kids need to get married young, I'm not surprised that she believed it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, JMO said:

Considering the agenda that her dad was pushing that kids need to get married young, I'm not surprised that she believed it.

I agree. She’s definitely left a lot of the fundie stuff behind. But that one stuck with her. 

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

This might be the thread to ask in but there was a young IBLP couple married a couple of years, she had an accident and broke her arms or something, and then they silently separated/divorced and he came out gay (I think!). Does anyone else remember their names or where they are now?

On 9/14/2021 at 2:11 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

This might be the thread to ask in but there was a young IBLP couple married a couple of years, she had an accident and broke her arms or something, and then they silently separated/divorced and he came out gay (I think!). Does anyone else remember their names or where they are now?

Whoa! I don’t know who this couple is but I would be really curious to hear their story and journey. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Found their names, finally! I kept thinking their names were Bradley and Anna. 😂
http://www.thesylvaherald.com/society/engagements/article_6b40b7da-8533-11e4-98eb-abe158690c6b.html

I found their thread in “one offs” Adams Family.  Interesting turn of events in their brief marriage.

Link to prior thread

• Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I found their thread in “one offs” Adams Family.  Interesting turn of events in their brief marriage.

Link to prior thread

Yes! That is the thread I heard about them when I first started reading here. I felt so sorry for Abigail, I wonder how she is doing and if she is still ILBP.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

A total WTF post on FB from Shoshanna Easling, in which she lectures her leghumpers on dating & marriage:

1912134978_ShoshannasBullshit.thumb.png.5ff8ee4be55fac686f479b222115770d.png

Oh, and in case you wanted to ask about her erstwhile husband James, and why he's been erased & MIA for many months from her social media channels, don't bother:

1853472620_Noquestions.thumb.png.40e1ffe877474c69d20688db9f445cff.png

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

A total WTF post on FB from Shoshanna Easling, in which she lectures her leghumpers on dating & marriage:

1912134978_ShoshannasBullshit.thumb.png.5ff8ee4be55fac686f479b222115770d.png

Oh, and in case you wanted to ask about her erstwhile husband James, and why he's been erased & MIA for many months from her social media channels, don't bother:

1853472620_Noquestions.thumb.png.40e1ffe877474c69d20688db9f445cff.png

Didn't her niece just get married at 18? I also have to wonder at how popular this post will be.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

There is a family pic on the top of Shoshanna's fb page. Is the man with a reddish beard on the upper right James? 

Also, noted on Shoshanna's fb page,  Plexus is past tense. 

• Worked at Plexus Worldwide Inc.
  • Worked at Plexus Worldwide
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is the man with a reddish beard on the upper right James? 

No, it's the husband of her friend, Stephanie Joy.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Shoshanna’s rant is basically her saying getting married young, naive, and barely know the person is a bad idea. I’m guessing she’s secretly thinking that about her own marriage. When really, there could have been many reasons why they divorced. But it’s probably easier for her to say she was too young. When part of it might be all the christian bullshit she was fed her entire life that fucked her marriage from the start. I’m not disagreeing with her about young marriage. But she is barely scratching the surface of why these fundies marriages in her group are falling apart. 

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

Holy shit! Jill Rodrigues just posted a comment:

1078513065_JillRodriguesblastsShoshannaEasling.thumb.png.48c7a0541f52c256fe43625e3b133c57.png

Are these questions nasty or in inappropriate? 

I'd forgotten that Nurie did some kind internship or whatever with the Pearls.

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 9

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

1078513065_JillRodriguesblastsShoshannaEasling.thumb.png.48c7a0541f52c256fe43625e3b133c57.png

Is this question nasty or in inappropriate? 

Wow, Jill. Way to show that you never understood the meaning of learning from experience. Or learning at all, now that I think about it. 

I’m really curious if the comment will be removed. Did she write something more on topic too or does she she just not know what "P.S." means?

• Upvote 18

14 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Are these questions nasty or in inappropriate? 

Post this on Jill’s thread! Wow!

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Exchange Atheist said:

Did she write something more on topic too or does she she just not know what "P.S." means?

Didn't see anything else. I'll be surprised if this comment stays up much longer.

ETA: I missed this earlier comment, which is what the PS is referring to:

1694536733_JillschoolsShoshanna.thumb.png.236da75b8f0717e23e2d46205651c3d1.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 12

13 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Didn't see anything else. I'll be surprised if this comment stays up much longer.

ETA: I missed this earlier comment, which is what the PS is referring to:

1694536733_JillschoolsShoshanna.thumb.png.236da75b8f0717e23e2d46205651c3d1.png

Jill’s PS comment is nasty. She’s throwing her divorce in her face all while Shoshanna hasn’t even announced it publicly. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Shoshanna has never even alluded to being separated, has she?

Major mean snark from Jilly Bean, who took the criticism of young marriage (Praise Nurthan!) VERY PERSONALLY . 

Also, Shoshanna's description of the "five friends" whose marriages and lives went to hell just reeked of the insanely irritating Michael Pearl School of Bullshit Prose. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Has Shoshanna at any point admitted to being divorced or even separated?

Not that I've seen.

It's just been the usual fundie dishonesty: the (ex-) spouse stops appearing in social media accounts, she stopped with the hashtags (#happilymarried), and a lot previous photos & posts get deep-sixed.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic