IGNORED

Fundie Divorces

Bethella

2 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

Highly doubt that. If she were, she probably never would have filed for divorce. She would have tried to stay and be a quiet submissive wife in hopes of making the marriage work. 

Sometimes women will divorce a less Godly man to find one the family/religion/cult, etc. approves more. Their new husband will be more fundie. 

Jessica was not married to a fundie man. She and her first husband lived together before marriage.

I hope if she finds someone new, he isn't fundie.

I think Jessica likely got married because of her fundie parents. Even though Jessica isn’t fundie, those fundie social norms are very strong even after leaving fundie land. Her parents believe in young marriage. I’m sure they were constantly talking to her about getting married while she was living with her ex. I’m sure she did want to get married. She was with another guy before her ex and I’m pretty sure she really wanted to marry him too. I’m thinking she got married to the wrong guy because she just wanted to get married. They probably would have eventually broken up before getting married if she didn’t have all the fundie pressure surrounding her. 

• Upvote 17

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they are currently separated but don't know if they will ultimately divorce so not announcing?  

Or pretending like it isn't happening? 

It's bad enough when a marriage breaks up and there's some explaining to close friends/family, but when you've got 10s of thousands of nosy followers on social media and the key aspect of the your brand is the perfect patriarchal family underwritten by Jesus, you've got a serious PR problem. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Howl said:

Maybe they are currently separated but don't know if they will ultimately divorce so not announcing?  

It's bad enough when a marriage breaks up and there's some explaining to close friends/family, but when you've got 10s of thousands of nosy followers on social media and the key aspect of the your brand is the perfect patriarchal family underwritten by Jesus, you've got a serious PR problem. 

Yep. When you live your life online and share your perfect family as a way of selling so much plexus you makes shitloads of money, you will have to announce if you divorce. You can’t share everything and then leave out a huge detail like that. People will notice. They will ask questions. And if you don’t address it, you look suspicious. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

On 5/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, browngrl said:

"Although I am married to a righteous man" 

If I hadn't read the account of her honeymoon or read their books I might be fooled by this statement. As it is, I am once again reminded of the hypocrisy of fundies. 

I’m familiar with TTUAC but not their other stuff, what happened on the honeymoon?

11 hours ago, Howl said:

When I initially told my husband I thought we should separate, I was open to eventually reconciling after several months apart if he used that time to do the work he was promising and genuinely changed. His abusive behaviour in the immediate weeks following changed my mind on that, but I can see how a fundie would hold off on announcing a separation until they’re completely sure it’s permanent.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

47 minutes ago, Smee said:

what happened on the honeymoon?

Trigger Warning!  It is awful (link behind spoiler) 

Spoiler

https://fstdt.com/4465

warning sexual assault

Note to mods: I hope it is ok to post this link but if not please let me know, thanks

Edited by browngrl
did not get the spoiler right
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Michael Pearl is a total & complete ass.  He was pissed that his wife refused to have as much sex as he wanted & he expected her to be perfectly fine with it. 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

As a backup for the future (in case the link @browngrl posted ever stops working), here's another place to read the horrible first chapter of the disgusting book Created to Need a Help Meet by the atrocious Michael Pearl.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2014/07/quoting-quiverfull-michael-and-debi-pearls-honeymoon/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You can’t share everything and then leave out a huge detail like that. People will notice. They will ask questions.

Going to assume that many on Shoshanna's FB feed are in her Plexus downline.

Poetic justice that they are now insisting on some transparency from the Diamond "ambassador" near the top of their upline. 

• Upvote 6

The Pearls' honeymoon story always sticks with me.  What a piece of crap that guy is.  He purposefully picked a sweet, younger, submissive wife and then abused the shit out of her until he beat her into submitting to his every whim.  Same as with his kids.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

On 6/15/2021 at 9:25 AM, browngrl said:

Trigger Warning!  It is awful (link behind spoiler) 

Reveal hidden contents

https://fstdt.com/4465

warning sexual assault

Note to mods: I hope it is ok to post this link but if not please let me know, thanks

Ugh. The first three sentences of that are sickening enough. Never mind the woman you supposedly love and want to spend your life with, or what the impact of her first sexual experience at the end of an exhausting wedding day might be. Focus on beginning the marriage with a pointless macho display of beating your “puny” friend’s “record”.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

Shoshanna Easling posted a gushing Father's Day tribute to her father (Michael Pearl) but nary a mention of the father of her children. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

47 minutes ago, Howl said:

Shoshanna Easling posted a gushing Father's Day tribute to her father (Michael Pearl) but nary a mention of the father of her children. 

Yesterday I posted on FB a happy Father’s Day wish to my dad and tagged him. But I didn’t post about my husband because he isn’t on FB to see it. We know James is on FB. So that is suspicious. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, JMO said:

The Pearls' honeymoon story always sticks with me.  What a piece of crap that guy is.  He purposefully picked a sweet, younger, submissive wife and then abused the shit out of her until he beat her into submitting to his every whim.  Same as with his kids.  

Wait...is this the one whose wife fainted in the shower and he didn't have a clue to why she was so sick and exhausted??

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Wait...is this the one whose wife fainted in the shower and he didn't have a clue to why she was so sick and exhausted??

Yup! She hadn't slept in like 2 days and had been waiting on him hand and foot.

• Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

So I noticed when pursuing the fundie facebooks that Grace Smith Powell, sister of Rush Smith who passed recently in an accident, is now back to her maiden name and husband David doesn't appear anywhere. They're Morton/Campana/Vawser/ Thomas circles so divorce is a bit of a shock. 

• Thank You 7

On 6/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, Howl said:

4th of July and still no sign of James.

Also, Penelope won a pie-making contest. No James on hand for that, either, but guess who showed up in the comments? Is this a demonic convergence?

1587015944_DemonicConvergence.png.14736461060bf2faa3c19ed8e5a32dcf.png

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 8

On 7/4/2021 at 11:23 PM, hoipolloi said:

4th of July and still no sign of James.

Yup, I noticed that too.  Also lots of photos of ongoing house and water leak repairs being performed by a son; no sign of a husband.  It looks like their house is on the bank of a river or lake and it came very close to flooding. 

However, "Papa" (Michael Pearl) visits frequently.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yup, I noticed that too.  Also lots of photos of ongoing house and water leak repairs being performed by a son; no sign of a husband.  It looks like their house is on the bank of a river or lake and it came very close to flooding. 

However, "Papa" (Michael Pearl) visits frequently.  

It’s so very obvious they are separated. I hate how fundies will share every minuscule part of their lives until there’s a divorce. Then they pretend like it isn’t happening. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 7:03 AM, Howl said:

Also lots of photos of ongoing house and water leak repairs being performed by a son; no sign of a husband.

No sign of James, oldest son is still doing all house repairs, but now some of the leghumpers are asking right out what's up:

1116819175_AretheEaslingsdivorced.thumb.png.182d3dcea20ef0052e761e0d9d27d2cf.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

On 7/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so very obvious they are separated. I hate how fundies will share every minuscule part of their lives until there’s a divorce. Then they pretend like it isn’t happening. 

And set themselves up on social media as the people who got it RIGHT and their way is THE way, and then, for example change from frumpers to leggings, SAHDs leaving the umbrella of patriarchal oppression to go out in the world, SAHWs get jobs outside the home,  God Hates Divorce to...whoa! marriages falling apart and ending in divorce.   

Then they NEVER share how this transition came about, hard lessons learned, wisdom gained...maybe because they were just arrogant jackwagons all along and when the rigid fundy lifestyle wasn't getting them any adoration, they left it all behind.  This chafes my chaps no end, Erika Shupe, Beall Phillips, et al., I'm talking to you. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 14

We all know that courting leads to marriage, marriage leads to kids, and then everything is perfect.
Remember YLCF, my gateway fundies? They straight up scrubbed a founder from the site.
It’s the One True Scotsman fallacy. If you do things Right, everything will be perfect. If things aren’t perfect, you didn’t do them right.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, bea said:

We all know that courting leads to marriage, marriage leads to kids, and then everything is perfect.
Remember YLCF, my gateway fundies? They straight up scrubbed a founder from the site.
It’s the One True Scotsman fallacy. If you do things Right, everything will be perfect. If things aren’t perfect, you didn’t do them right.

It makes me wonder what the Pearls actually say about 2 of their 5 children going through divorce. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic