IGNORED

Fundie Divorces

Bethella

On 5/25/2021 at 10:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I noticed the possible estrangement but I posted about it on the Pearl thread instead of here. I noticed all the same things already mentioned. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if another Pearl ended up divorced. The Pearls don’t have a good marriage in my opinion and if that’s who their models are, then the divorces will happen. 

Where is the Pearl thread?

Who can know what makes people leave and cleave...and leave?  Be interesting to see how the "divorce" gets sorted.  

I was assuming that this was a covenant marriage...BUT weren't James and Shoshanna the couple that had covenant marriage but then ended up doing an ebil state marriage for strictly financial/tax purposes, probably because they were raking in So. Much. Money.  IIRC, they did a social media post, très amusé at how shocked SHOCKED! their tax/financial consultant was that they had been a couple filing taxes jointly w/out an actual legal marriage (potentially implicating their tax preparer in a fraudulent filing -- haha, what professional wouldn't find THAT funny?).   We noted it on an FJ thread but I have a dreadfully bad memory for details. 

Michael Pearl published this in 2015: The Bible on Divorce and Remarriage 

(does the timing coincide with the one son whose wife decamped and he then remarried?)

From the website: 

Spoiler

Divorce. Remarriage. Adultery. And the Bible.  In this thorough exegesis of all the Bible texts concerning divorce and remarriage, Mike answers these issues with the Word of God, revealing the perfect harmony in Scripture and God's divine plan for marriage.

Historically, Christians have been divided on the issue of divorce and remarriage, many institutions and theologies coming down on the side that it is adultery to remarry while one’s former spouse is still alive. This is consistent with the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:32, 19:9 and the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:1-3. Others stand by the words of Paul* [see note below] in 1 Corinthians 7:15, 27-28 where he clearly declares that it is not a sin to marry again if you were “put away” (abandoned or divorced) by an unbelieving spouse. There seems to be a conflict in Scripture regarding divorce and remarriage. You do not have to pick a side to the exclusion of the other. There is harmony. In this book you will see Scripture like you've never seen it before.

Using spidey senses to guess the contents:  Pearl offspring who split the sheets get to remarry. 

*Chrissy Stroop referred to Paul recently as the original missionary busybody. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

Aren't they the ones that weren't legally married (like all the Peral offspring) but their accountant/lawyer scared them into it? 

• Upvote 3

Since Shoshanna seems to make plenty of money scamming people on plexus, she I doubt she will have to remarry quickly.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Using spidey senses to guess the contents:  Pearl offspring who split the sheets get to remarry. 

Yep, just like James & Stacy McDonald who prefer to forget about their first marriages.

Years ago, Stacy even referred to herself as a "grace widow" rather than as a divorcee -- that's because her ex-husband's alleged adultery rendered her completely innocent. 

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Aren't they the ones that weren't legally married (like all the Peral offspring) but their accountant/lawyer scared them into it? 

Yes. According to a now-deleted post on her IG account, they did not get married legally until 2018, 14 years after their official "wedding" (really their 2nd, according to Shoshanna) officiated by Mike Pearl in 2004. 

Our last daughter, Shoshanna, 20 years old, has joined the ranks of her married sisters. She is now Shoshanna Easling (husband James)....None of my daughters or their husbands asked the state of Tennessee for permission to marry. They did not yoke themselves to government. It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death. So when the sodomites have come to share in the state marriage licenses, which will eventually be the law, James and Shoshanna will not be in league with those perverts.

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 1

It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death. So when the sodomites have come to share in the state marriage licenses, which will eventually be the law, James and Shoshanna will not be in league with those perverts.

Honestly, the only thing better that could happen to these pretentious judgmental ass hats is if James left Shoshanna for another man. 

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I love when their sanctimonious blathering comes back to bite them in the ass ?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death.

I wonder if James is obligated to die now, or if Shoshanna just yells out the door, "You're dead to me, James!" 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 23

I guess forever doesn't mean what the Pearl's think it means. 

Knowing how ugly and disastrous things can be, I don't automatically feel sympathy when people divorce. I firmly believe it can the be the absolute best decision for everyone and there is nothing wrong with moving on. Basically, I have no notions about marriage or divorce; everyone can and should do what is best for them. 

But, just because I don't feel sympathy doesn't mean the opposite -  I can, do and will laugh when sanctimonious asshats like the Pearls are handed their asses on a platter. Just like when the fundie king & queen, the Bradricks!, divorced.

Imagine realizing you are a human being after all and not a specially chosen & blesses tool of your god. It's gotta' suck. But reality has a way of eventually letting arrogant ignorance know it's an abject failure and it's time to make some changes and do something different.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Knowing how ugly and disastrous things can be, I don't automatically feel sympathy when people divorce.

I agree. On the face of it, credit to Shoshanna & James for perhaps making a decision to do what's best for all and not stick with a failing marriage. 

OTOH, just as with Gabe Pearl's divorce, nothing will be said or acknowledged, they will continue to portray themselves as perfect, AND Mike & Debi will continue to ruin or endanger others' lives with their vile rubbish, as in Debi's answer to an abused wife who asks about divorcing her husband:

1575640412_DebiPearlTellsAbusedWivesNottoDivorce.thumb.jpg.ffd6e04877c7168a9bae7a9ed2768835.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Y'all, I've just found out that No Greater Joy Ministries has a brand new Michael Pearl title available! 

Part of God's Plan:  The Quick and Easy Way to Annul Covenant Marriage

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 23

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Y'all, I've just found out that No Greater Joy Ministries has a brand new Michael Pearl title available! 

Part of God's Plan:  The Quick and Easy Way to Annul Covenant Marriage

Few things more predictable than a fundy changing the unchangeable rules to suit their own bullshit. Incredible. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

11 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

OTOH, just as with Gabe Pearl's divorce, nothing will be said or acknowledged, they will continue to portray themselves as perfect, AND Mike & Debi will continue to ruin or endanger others' lives with their vile rubbish, as in Debi's answer to an abused wife who asks about divorcing her husband:

1575640412_DebiPearlTellsAbusedWivesNottoDivorce.thumb.jpg.ffd6e04877c7168a9bae7a9ed2768835.jpg

Oh yeah, sure Debi. Divorce is bad and ruins the children. Divorce destroys the family. Its not like, abusive spouses go after their own children after all. I mean what parent would willingly want to harm a child besides yourself and your parasite of a husband?

Children raised in an abusive environment aren’t like, affected by it or anything. It doesn’t damage them psychologically or give them emotional trauma that they, in all likelihood will struggle with for the rest of their lives. Oh wait... IT DOES!!

The Pearls are idiots. Ignorant, arrogant idiots. 

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 13

Who wouldn’t want to visit their abusive husband in jail and bring their child victims on a regular basis, then welcome him home with open arms once he finishes his sentence and the kids are grown and gone? ?

• Upvote 6

"Although I am married to a righteous man" 

If I hadn't read the account of her honeymoon or read their books I might be fooled by this statement. As it is, I am once again reminded of the hypocrisy of fundies. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Ben's sister Jessica is divorcing according to WACB, she posted the document filed on May 21st, seems legit.

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 11

37 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Ben's sister Jessica is divorcing according to WACB, she posted the document filed on May 21st, seems legit.

Wow. That was a short marriage. 

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Yep. We had been speculating about it on the Seewald thread because she deleted a whole bunch of pics with the guy and changed her fb name and ig handle to her maiden name. They got married 2 years ago, May 18th. 

• Upvote 6

On 5/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love when their sanctimonious blathering comes back to bite them in the ass ?

Ain't nothin' better. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Aren’t they both police officers? There is an incredibly high level of domestic violence among police officers.  There have been several times that I have been tasked with hiding the battered partner of a cop while volunteering with an agency that isn’t involved with the DV field.  These women couldn’t use the local shelters, because the cops all know where they are.  Whatever happened in their brief marriage, I hope no one got hurt.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Aren’t they both police officers? There is an incredibly high level of domestic violence among police officers.  There have been several times that I have been tasked with hiding the battered partner of a cop while volunteering with an agency that isn’t involved with the DV field.  These women couldn’t use the local shelters, because the cops all know where they are.  Whatever happened in their brief marriage, I hope no one got hurt.

Yes, they are both LEOs. I agree, I hope it was not a DV situation, and more of a situation where they both just realized they weren’t a good match. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I hope this doesn't mean she's becoming a fundie again.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I hope this doesn't mean she's becoming a fundie again.

Highly doubt that. If she were, she probably never would have filed for divorce. She would have tried to stay and be a quiet submissive wife in hopes of making the marriage work. 

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic