IGNORED

Fundie Divorces

Bethella

Boy, I would have loved that when I left my abusive husband almost eight years ago. I was steeped in the fundigelical koolaid, so it was agony even separating, much less divorcing.

Now, however, I want nothing to do with the icing on the poop cake that is evangelicalism. I’m glad those women are doing what they’re doing, because it’s needed for others still stuck in the system and the abusive marriages, but I no longer believe abusers are just misguided Christians. Feature, not bug, as I frequently say.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 18

We can choose to give our husbands the crumbs as we greet them at the door looking a mess, rolling off a list of complaints, and conking out in the chair by 9:00. Or we can choose to make the house clean, light candles to make it smell pretty, brush our hair and freshen up, actively "put on love", and give him a loving and tender wife.

Lauren wrote this ten years ago.  So what happened, Lauren? Not enough candles?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Is Madison Cawthorn fundie enough for this thread? 

I'd say he is. He uses his "Christianity" to justify much of his bigotry & ignorance. 

He's also a liar, a sexual abuser & an all around dick. Perfectly fitting the GOP Christian mold. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

They have been married eight months.  Eight. Whole. Months.  They were committed to make it work.  They tried So. Hard. to make it work. They tired so hard for so long to make it work.  (Did I mention they were married for Eight. Whole. Months.)

But alas those darn irreconcilable differences made it impossible. After Eight. Whole. Months, they are divorcing.

I'd shed a tear, but I'm LMAO.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 20
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I'd say he is. He uses his "Christianity" to justify much of his bigotry & ignorance. 

He's also a liar, a sexual abuser & an all around dick. Perfectly fitting the GOP Christian mold. 

But it’s the gayz, many of whom were in dedicated, exclusive, lifelong relationships before they were allowed to legally marry, that are hurting the institution of marriage

eta I quoted the wrong post, sorry.

Edited by treemom
  • Upvote 23

12 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Glad she's not wasting years if her life trying to make it work. Hope she decides to tell all.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

"We ask for privacy as we work through this privately."    No. F**king. Way. does this rancid jackwagon deserve privacy or anything remotely related to privacy.  He's a purveyor of cruelty,  Stolen Valor, political ugliness and has openly called for violence, even murder, against The Other. 

• Upvote 14

Of course she’s a CrossFit model. It’s disturbing how CrossFit sucks in all the evangelicals, right wing nuts, and even the fundies. 

• Upvote 12

From a Daily Beast item:

In a Wednesday interview with Fox 46, Cristina Cawthorn said she and her husband had had “an incredible journey together” but...“I just don’t want to be married to someone changing the world,” she said.

I invite y'all to fill in the blank. 

I just didn't want to be married to  __________________________________________. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Howl said:

From a Daily Beast item:

I just didn't want to be married to  __________________________________________. 

She's being far too nice in her statement IMHO but that she admitted this was probably as close as she could get to saying perhaps some semblance of truth about what it was like to be married to him. 

ETA: I usually don't cheer this sort of thing on, but glad she got out early and before there were any kids. 

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

The ad I have in the middle of the page:

image.png.bcbe407fba663a7034e60a2849f789bc.png

The price for the cheapest option:

Spoiler

image.png.04ce1e2dd83f21d3c3b5f2e363afc165.png

Just thinking about receiving marriage counseling from Focus on the Family makes my stomach lurch. :hand:

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Just thinking about receiving marriage counseling from Focus on the Family makes my stomach lurch. :hand:

What's interesting is the group format and that it's like these "marriage retreats".   And the $$.  Plus who wants to air marital issues in front of other couples?   Always thought that marriage counseling should be the couple + therapist and no other parties.  Even my former fundie cousin went to a 1:1 marriage counselor, no way was she going to discuss things in some sort of "group" setting. 

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

image.png.bcbe407fba663a7034e60a2849f789bc.png

There's "something" about this ad that screams, "Let us rip you off and help you stay stuck in a miserable marriage!" because Jesus hates divorce.  Also, if you pay us $4,000, neither of you will have the financial resources to escape your miserable marriage. 

On the plus side,  at least some of their staff have professional degrees in marriage and family counseling from secular universities. 

• Upvote 15

This reminds me of when the Duggars gifted the Smuggars with a marriage retreat.  I always thought that was suspicious. 

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, Howl said:

From a Daily Beast item:

It works even better this way:

I don't want to be married to someone changing_________________________.

😂

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic