IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

Sarah really does not share many pictures of John and Chelsy. You figure she might have at least inserted a photo of Axton and the fabulous birthday celebration. 

• Upvote 6

They only seem to be on the blog when they get pregnant and then again when Elissa has the baby. I personally find it quite refreshing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Markie said:

Sarah really does not share many pictures of John and Chelsy. You figure she might have at least inserted a photo of Axton and the fabulous birthday celebration. 

Maybe they don't allow Axton to be photographed for the blog? Maybe they're the Meg and Harry of the Maxwells!  ????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Maybe they don't allow Axton to be photographed for the blog? Maybe they're the Meg and Harry of the Maxwells!  ????

There have been pictures, though, on the Bontrager blog.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Markie said:

He’s in a couple of pictures in the background.  See, here he is. Staring directly into your soul as usual:

D2310419-978A-4B79-84CC-BF040AF20D47.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s in a couple of pictures in the background.  See, here he is. Staring directly into your soul as usual:

D2310419-978A-4B79-84CC-BF040AF20D47.jpeg

I don't think Uncle Forgotten Jesse needs help blowing out his candles or opening his gifts for that matter.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

There have been pictures, though, on the Bontrager blog.

Yep--just like M/H! The choose the outlet ??

• Upvote 2

Of course they have to get in a little message about being a family who welcomes children as a gift from the Lord :pb_rollseyes: 

Such a pity that Sarah is highly unlikely to have her own. I wonder how she feels at every pregnancy announcement. Her birthday post back in January was the most depressing thing I’ve seen. Her blog bio states that she’s waiting for the right guy, but she HAS to be wondering why it hasn’t happened. She must realise deep down that Steve has been the major barrier here, and I wonder if she secretly resents him for it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Of course someone is pregnant. It really is as expected in Maxhell just as in any other fundie family. 

Since they are the only family that values childen, what do all you heathens do when someone in your family is pregnant? Call upon satan? Drive her to Planned Parenthood? Refuse to attend a baby shower or birthday party? Lock all the kids in the basement so they don't interfere with your spell practice or potion making?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 28
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Of course someone is pregnant. It really is as expected in Maxhell just as in any other fundie family. 

Since they are the only family that values childen, what do all you heathens do when someone in your family is pregnant? Call upon satan? Drive her to Planned Parenthood? Refuse to attend a baby shower or birthday party? Lock all the kids in the basement so they don't interfere with your spell practice or potion making?

I don’t value my kids at all.  I sent them to daycare and then public school.  They don’t know anything from the Bible, and after passing a church two weeks ago, my four year old asked whether the princess was in “that castle”. 

(I chuckled and said no but she kept asking where she was so I told her the princess was away doing laundry.... a story she hilariously regurgitated to my older kid who had no idea why a princess was not in a church bc she was doing laundry.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 4

Also my oldest is friends with a “boy at school who wears ‘girl’ clothes”, doesn’t understand why people hang animal heads on walls and cries when people squish insects.  She made quick friends with a new girl who didn’t know much English last school year.

So, seems like the non caring parent I am seems to be doing okay with them despite only the two bio kids I have (and a much older step kid).... without homeschooling and not memorizing Bible verses. 

I’ll see y’all in hell!  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm lost in Maxhell. Are both Elissa and Anna Marie pregnant? 

They are, and due about the same time. 

Oddly, just like their last babies. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I'm trying to figure out that picture of Jesse blowing out the candles on his cupcakes.  Is that the word Dad written on the door behind him?

I know they worship Steve, but what's that all about?

• Upvote 5

On 9/21/2019 at 10:57 AM, Babysitter said:

Yep, the ABC kids continue to have a little more freedom and childhood "fun". I think literally all Anna and Chris's kids do is memorize bible versus. This is even run by grandma and they can't do it, just like when they go to the fair it seems like the can't do the balloons and face paint, but stand in the corner and preach to the other children. Yikes. 

Also, they called it special autumn post. Could there be something actually big, like a courtship?

Oh hell, if it isn't a courtship for one of the daughters, then it isn't worth my time.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Nope, we lock 'em in their rooms 'cause they give us headaches.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Edited by Granwych
Stupid tablet!!!
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

I don’t get the Dad thing either. I know the Maxwells often write stuff on that door, eg birthday wishes or a specific verse, but Steve’s birthday was last month.

• Upvote 8

41 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Now that is some priceless, grade A snark! 10 out of 10!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

I don’t value my kids at all.  I sent them to daycare and then public school.  They don’t know anything from the Bible, and after passing a church two weeks ago, my four year old asked whether the princess was in “that castle”. 

(I chuckled and said no but she kept asking where she was so I told her the princess was away doing laundry.... a story she hilariously regurgitated to my older kid who had no idea why a princess was not in a church bc she was doing laundry.)

The flip side of this happened to me. My nephew, who was 3 or 4 at the time, was watching an animated movie in which knights in armor were marching toward a castle. He asked me, “What are all those robots doing going to church?”

At a similar age, I went to Gillette’s Castle (the former mansion of a famous actor, now a tourist attraction) with my parents. When we passed the john, I loudly asked, “Is that where the princess goes to the bathroom?”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I don’t get the Dad thing either. I know the Maxwells often write stuff on that door, eg birthday wishes or a specific verse, but Steve’s birthday was last month.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they left that up for a whole damn month because Steve is so worshipped in that house.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they left that up for a whole damn month because Steve is so worshipped in that house.

I was thinking the same thing. It might have been one of the other kids birthdays but they always need a reminder that dad should be worshipped even when it’s not his birthday.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Hane said:

The flip side of this happened to me. My nephew, who was 3 or 4 at the time, was watching an animated movie in which knights in armor were marching toward a castle. He asked me, “What are all those robots doing going to church?”

At a similar age, I went to Gillette’s Castle (the former mansion of a famous actor, now a tourist attraction) with my parents. When we passed the john, I loudly asked, “Is that where the princess goes to the bathroom?”

Smart kids,  you and your nephew.  GIllette's Castle is a neat place to visit;  it would be an awesome place for a slumber party.   The Good speed Opera house isn't far away.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 9/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like “autumn” because it sounds so pretty. But I usually say fall. It’s just more common. 

"Forever Autumn" by Justin Hayward (of The Moody Blues) is a lovely song.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, SPHASH said:

New post up.  A recipe for pumpkin muffins.  Whoopee-damn-doo.

Maxwell House cooking--good to the last slop?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Is that you, Lori Alexander? :mouse-shock:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic