IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

I really didn't see how it was any more modest than normal swimsuits.

For me, the only reason I've considered buying a suit that covers more skin is sun protection. If I'm in a swimsuit outdoors, I end up having to cover it with a t-shirt to prevent sunburn. So, a suit with more coverage would just make sense. These are the 2 sites I have bookmarked for future shopping. (The second one has more emphasis on modesty.)

https://www.coolibar.com/uv-swimwear/womens-swimwear.html

https://hydrochic.com

Or I might try to find a rash guard shirt and board shorts locally. Too bad the Maxwells and other fundies don't seem to realize all the choices available. Maybe they should try Googling it. :pb_wink:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Even ZsuZsu has her own line of modest swimwear.  http://www.cuteandcovered.com/  

There are two neighborhood pools close to me.  I have seen a Muslim family there, with their young girl wearing a swimsuit.  It was very similar to a scuba-diving suit - it covered the skin, but was form-fitting and showed every curve.  I really didn't see how it was any more modest than normal swimsuits.  

Let's face it, the minute anything gets wet - 'modest' or not, actual designed swimwear or not - it's pretty much form fitting. Or form clinging actually!

The 'modest' part seems to be with the aim of covering as much skin as possible, but yeah burquinis (and every other 'modest' swimwear) show as much body shape as bikinis once wet. As Nigella Lawson demonstrated they are good for skin coverage and reducing sun exposure though! 

• Upvote 6

I imagine NR Anna has sewn some “beautiful” swimming costumes for the girl she and has bought really long trunks and rash guards for the boys. 

Hope the Maxwells provide tons of lawn care  and yard maintenance for their neighbours with the pool. They do seem to monopolize the pool quite a bit. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

There are two neighborhood pools close to me.  I have seen a Muslim family there, with their young girl wearing a swimsuit.  It was very similar to a scuba-diving suit - it covered the skin, but was form-fitting and showed every curve.  I really didn't see how it was any more modest than normal swimsuits.  

When we lived in Guam a lot of the Korean and Japanese tourist wore similar suits, though they were more for skin/sun protection than modesty. Then they wore looser swim shorts and sometimes rash guard tops on top for modesty.  

• Upvote 4

Lands end sells modest swim wear and rash guards. Carlin Stuart, Bates, wore one on her honeymoon. They run sales a lot to so you can get swimsuits cheap sometimes. They have great quality.

I wonder how they can know how well they can swim in that small of a pool. I guess it’s more of a know how to swim not know how to swim well. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lands end sells modest swim wear and rash guards. Carlin Stuart, Bates, wore one on her honeymoon. They run sales a lot to so you can get swimsuits cheap sometimes. They have great quality.

I wonder how they can know how well they can swim in that small of a pool. I guess it’s more of a know how to swim not know how to swim well. 

It’s drown-proofing, mostly, I bet. How to float and how to tread water and do the strokes correctly. I’ll bet they’ll get the opportunity to swim longer distances or laps when they’re at Mel’s family’s events. Mel & Nate may also allow them to participate at the Y. You know how those shady Maxwell bloggers only show what supports their weird-ass brand. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Can I just say that I have laughed every morning since the new name Managers Of Their Vests.  And trust me, I never laugh in the morning.

Sarah is once again, naturally, pictured in a vest, while baking pumpkin muffins.  They must keep Maxhell House freezing for them all to be wearing vests indoors all the time.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  A recipe for pumpkin muffins.  Whoopee-damn-doo.

I did share it to my email to dump in my recipe file though.

• Upvote 5

I never wear vests, I can’t remember the last time I did (probably as a child, so at least 15 years ago) but I do love me some sweaters. Big, fluffy cardigans. Even if it is cold inside somewhere (never my own house), I have to take the sweater off to eat, cook/bake, clean. Even if it is a sweatshirt or a hoodie or a pullover sweater, I have to. Maybe my movement feels restricted? Anyway, with the arms exposed, I don’t think the Maxwell girls do it for warmth. I think they are “encouraged” to because boobs.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Anyway, with the arms exposed, I don’t think the Maxwell girls do it for warmth. I think they are “encouraged” to because boobs.

Oh for the love of, if Steve and the other men in and around that house cannot cope with the idea that their female relatives have breasts without forcing them to wear inappropriate clothing in their own damn living space then they (the men) should really not be allowed out in public and should probably be wearing blinkers at all times.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

I have according to my dermatologist, "extremely pale skin" and burn just thinking about going out in the sun.  I have purchased clothing and hats from both Coolibar and SunPrecautions.  They not only have swimsuits, but also very stylish clothing for all ages.  Most of it is 50 spf and features mesh inserts under the arms and in the body of the clothing  covered by flaps  that means you can wear a long sleeve shirt in 90 degree weather and not get too hot.   I have several hats and shirts that are over 10 years old and still look good as new.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 9/21/2019 at 3:45 AM, Threff said:

We attended a family conference led by a well-known husband/wife/family team, who arrived in a fancy tour bus.  The wife was lovely in person, but the husband was sneering, ignorant, and condescending.  I kept wishing she had left him on the tour bus!  It completely colored my enjoyment of their books, as I realized that she must have heavily edited out his tone in their jointly-authored works.

This could describe the Duggars as well. I don't think the Bates have "written" any books.

• Upvote 5

On 9/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chris and NRAnna are going to be the family most like the original Maxwell family. NRAnna May love being a SAHM to many but their family makes me the saddest out of all the next gen Max families.

But if she genuinely enjoys her life, and isn't depressed like Teri was while bearing and raising a huge brood, that will make some difference for the younger generation...

I still think it is sad because of the limited choices and worldview in which they'll be steeped, but at least there (hopefully) won't be that additional layer of mental illness.

(My mom was anxious and depressed for my whole childhood, and it definitely impacted me and my twin, even though we weren't raised religious.)

On 9/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, Markie said:

Hope the Maxwells provide tons of lawn care  and yard maintenance for their neighbours with the pool. They do seem to monopolize the pool quite a bit. 

I hope the pool is owned by the same neighbor that Steve thinks is a slut trying to tempt him by wearing normal swimwear in her own damn backyard.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

I have according to my dermatologist, "extremely pale skin" and burn just thinking about going out in the sun.  I have purchased clothing and hats from both Coolibar and SunPrecautions.  They not only have swimsuits, but also very stylish clothing for all ages.  Most of it is 50 spf and features mesh inserts under the arms and in the body of the clothing  covered by flaps  that means you can wear a long sleeve shirt in 90 degree weather and not get too hot.   I have several hats and shirts that are over 10 years old and still look good as new.  

I'll have to ask my daughter is she knows about these companies.  One of her daughters has albinism  and so protection from the sun is an absolute must for her.  She uses sunscreen  on any exposed skin, but it's better for her to cover up.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

I hope the pool is owned by the same neighbor that Steve thinks is a slut trying to tempt him by wearing normal swimwear in her own damn backyard.

I kind of wondered the same thing. I looked at a satellite map of Maxhell, and I spotted the only in-ground pool nearby I could, and the next closest pool to Maxhell (an round above ground) doesn’t seem to be in eyeshot (unless there is a little ladder or something?) So, I am wondering if the neighbor who was in her bikini in her pool was in fact someone in which the pool the grandkids practice in belonged, and that is how she violated a male Maxwellian eye. Or, Steve has a trusty pair of binoculars for the closer by pool. Either way, Steve is a giant creep and so is anyone who took that “deference” post to heart.

DF1BCD8D-331B-4B4E-B4F4-A8C95CEF8737.jpeg

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

I noticed the Maxwells were involved with their county fair again. Looks like something they look forward to doing. I noticed a picture of Chris interacting with a young boy why Joshua watched. It was difficult to tell if Joshua was bored or a little awkward around another kid. He is always seen with only siblings and cousins. Do any of the kids get to actually enjoy the fair or get to interact with other kids? All we read about is the kids learning scripture. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I kind of wondered the same thing. I looked at a satellite map of Maxhell...

I love the flames you put on the map to indicate Maxhell. ??:dancing-demon:??

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
needed more flames
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 17
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I suppose it's kind of bitchy to snark on a muffin, but that recipe doesn't look great.  It's too fussy, there's too much in it.  Muffins, like people, shouldn't be dense.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

It's too fussy, there's too much in it

Agreed! If anyone wants the simplest recipe ever for a pumpkin muffin, here you go:

https://www.sprinklebakes.com/2009/11/healthy-2-ingredient-pumpkin-spice.html

I've been making these for years, and they always turn out perfectly. They aren't too sweet and take minimal effort. Also, I think 'healthy' is a relative term, but there is no oil, dairy, or eggs in them.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

I haven't tried pumpkin muffins but I do like a good pumpkin scone. Lady Flo's  (or should that be 'Lady Florence's' - actually did she get to retain the title after Joh was unknighted?) are of course traditional and pretty easy to make but there are other good recipes out there.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

This statement that Teri made in the comments had me laughing out loud. "They even practiced when they were at the pool and it wasn’t lesson time."  No honey, they went in the neighbor's pool for (sit down now) FUN.  Her son probably told her that they went in the pool to practice swimming just to shut her up because swimming with people outside the family is on the forbidden list.  When my kids were young and tried to put one over on me, I would tell them that I wasn't born yesterday.  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

This statement that Teri made in the comments had me laughing out loud. "They even practiced when they were at the pool and it wasn’t lesson time."  No honey, they went in the neighbor's pool for (sit down now) FUN.  Her son probably told her that they went in the pool to practice swimming just to shut her up because swimming with people outside the family is on the forbidden list.  When my kids were young and tried to put one over on me, I would tell them that I wasn't born yesterday.  

That’s what I thought, too. I’m sure the “extended family*” ? does fun things and simply doesn’t let Stevie & Teri know until after, lest they be told how ungodly it is.

*Except the Christopher Maxwell family. They seem just as “all is verboten” as the originals.

• Upvote 8

Special Autumn Post is ... a pregnancy announcement.... it’s funny because I often wonder if Joseph and Elissa have specified that they don’t want to be included on the blog... and then here they are today on the blog. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic