IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

John has posted the latest prayer letter. I still want to know where all that money for his back surgery came from. 

Spoiler

78904308_10214952224549309_217115192427806720_o.jpg.3ba099752a6f7ecd08eaf78f584ad436.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

image.png.84948ee2ed9dd37433381936b90177cc.png

My letter, to John Shrader:

John, you dishonest, conniving slug,

You know as well as I do that writing about your needs, and asking for prayers, when you are a missionary who does absolutely nothing to earn an honest living, is code for "send money." Where the fuck else would you get any, if people didn't take the hint?

God did not provide that money. People did. Probably mostly people who work very hard for it.

I hope the only people who ever send you money are thinking of the good of the children, and that all of your funds dry up when your kids are grown and gone, or if Esther ever has the sense to leave and take them with her.

You are a grifting, deluded, shit who is playing "missionary" like kids play "house." If only you were alone, I'd just laugh at you. But you've pulled Esther into your delusion, and brought innocent children into it, so you piss me off.

Sincerely,

thougtful, going in your place to actually do some work

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 5

Apropos of nothing, why on earth are John's newsletters such absolute nightmares of layout and font selection? Bold, underline, highlighting in green, weird Jill-Rodrigueseque capitalizations, italics...it's almost unreadable.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

And no mention of his son's seizures as far as I can see - did they get backlash for their previous actions?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

And no mention of his son's seizures as far as I can see - did they get backlash for their previous actions?

No mention of Esther and her latest blessing, either. I would think he’d at least “covet” prayers for her continued safety for the remainder of pregnancy and a safe delivery. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

You people want to see prayers for, and updates on, the health of his child, wife, and potential newest blessing? Surely you jest!

John is not going to waste precious space on that when he can covet prayers (money) for his mission and post about himself, and put in pictures of spines!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I lay money on Timothy Rodrigues going to join John as soon as he graduates and subsequently marrying Alatheia the second she is legal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 6

Of all the things Africa "desperately needs" I would rate "PURE Bibles" a long way down the list. 

Ah John. Sponsored by a congregation who are apparently desperate to hear all about John's surgery and recovery for the umpteenth time but are strangely incurious about Nehemiah's seizures, Esther's pregnancy or how the rest of family and congregation are going. That entire newsletter could've been summed up in three dot points - 1. Had surgery, recovering well; 2. Got bilingual two-book pamphlets, thanks Festus;  3. Send money.

10 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I lay money on Timothy Rodrigues going to join John as soon as he graduates and subsequently marrying Alatheia the second she is legal. 

Nah, Jill would have a fit if her precious Tim were to go so far out of her parenting range. Alatheia will come to him.

• Upvote 10

Poor poor Alathia if her future husband was to be Timbits Rodlet. That's a worse match than her Mother and Father.  Please Deer Rufus send a loving, warm, caring, EMPLOYED and EDUCATED young man ( who only wants 2/3 children) to Alathia when she is older.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

23 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Lets hope Johns  plane grows wings by then

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

19 hours ago, Granwych said:

Lets hope Johns  plane grows wings by then

John will expect Tim to bring a plane.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

John will expect Tim to bring a plane.

And the keys to said plane, right? I thought I read somewhere that the seller had gone back to the USA and forgot to give John the keys.

tim will have to fund the plane, the fuel, the repairs , the insurance while John grabs any resulting glory.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Granwych said:

tim will have to fund the plane, the fuel, the repairs , the insurance while John grabs any resulting glory.

In addition to all of that, he would have to remember not to accidentally call John "mama." That might be the hardest part for someone so practiced in the care and feeding of a narcissist.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

Ooooh John is such a tease. 3 Days with no news. Nothing about poor Nehemiah, how is Esther? Have any parents visited to assist Esther? 

Seriously, I'm worried.  

• Upvote 6

On 12/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Poor poor Alathia if her future husband was to be Timbits Rodlet. That's a worse match than her Mother and Father.  Please Deer Rufus send a loving, warm, caring, EMPLOYED and EDUCATED young man ( who only wants 2/3 children) to Alathia when she is older.  

Timmy does work (taking care of adults with special needs), and he is studying at a Community College, that is more than you can say for most fundie boys. Now if he will manage to graduate or not is to be seen.

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, llucie said:

Timmy does work (taking care of adults with special needs), and he is studying at a Community College, that is more than you can say for most fundie boys. Now if he will manage to graduate or not is to be seen.

The special needs adults job was back in Washington, wasn't it?  And we've heard very little lately from Jill about how his classes are going -- if they are still going.  I have no reason to believe he will ever graduate.

I hope poor Alathia isn't yoked to another second or third generation home-schooled fundie boy.  I'd prefer she meets someone kind and decent either in Africa or back here in the states and escapes this mess forever.  She has enough memories of hardship and struggle already.  It's not easy being a Shrader kid.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Xan said:

The special needs adults job was back in Washington, wasn't it?  And we've heard very little lately from Jill about how his classes are going -- if they are still going.  I have no reason to believe he will ever graduate.

I hope poor Alathia isn't yoked to another second or third generation home-schooled fundie boy.  I'd prefer she meets someone kind and decent either in Africa or back here in the states and escapes this mess forever.  She has enough memories of hardship and struggle already.  It's not easy being a Shrader kid.

He must have landed a similar job in the new location since he mentioned in one recent livestream having a rough day at work because a client had an accident on himself. I also have my doubts he will manage to graduate, but at least he seems hard working. And its not an easy job the one he is doing by any means.

Anyway Alatheia is just 15, too young to be discussing who she may end up in a relationship with.

• Upvote 5

Just a bunch of alliteration whining about lack of strength and flies. I’m shocked he doesn’t post ANYTHING to say they have a decent Christmas or mention his wife and kids at all for his ‘followers’ or supporters at this time of year. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

He may be sinking into a despondent mood. He was pretty high after having his 'free' spinal surgery. Post op reality has hit him. I do wonder if his supporting churches have reduced their funding of his great adventure. 

• Upvote 5

On 12/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, Gobsmacked said:

I can easily see JRod working her magic to ensure that Alathia and Tim meet. I have a feeling she is hoping to get another one of her children to marry into the Keller family. After all, they are the closest connection she has to the Duggar family. Things between the Rods and Duggars seemed to have gone sour. 

1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

Am I remembering correctly that the Shraders don't celebrate Christmas because it's pagan or whatever? 

Yes, John wrote a post about how Christmas is not only pagan, but Catholic. John said they do celebrate Jesus's birthday on a Saturday in December, but avoid all the decor and presents. John is very anti-Christmas because it has Catholic origins for the date and Pagan decorations.

6 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Just a bunch of alliteration whining about lack of strength and flies. I’m shocked he doesn’t post ANYTHING to say they have a decent Christmas or mention his wife and kids at all for his ‘followers’ or supporters at this time of year. 

Not only that but he left out the fact that his son had to be hospitalized more than once this year. I kind of fell of the Shrader radar, so I don't know the amount of times they had to take Nehemiah (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) to the hospital. Instead he focuses on his back surgery and money they need for other things. Hey John, how about taking care of your child who, from the way it sounds, may have a very serious medical condition that could affect him later in life.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:22 PM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I can see Tim going off to joining John in some way. But, I can also see them butting heads. Tim was raised in a house where holidays, like Christmas, are celebrated with decor and outside media like Disney (although limited) is allowed. I don't know about John's views on Disney, but he has made anti- Christmas posts in the past.

I see John as a Steve Maxwell type. Someone who will only marry is daughter off to someone who shares every single belief as him. I just hope he doesn't do to his daughters what Steve did to his. Keep them home, unmarried, and miserable just to make sure they don't stray from the Maxwell way. In this case it would be the Shrader way.

• Upvote 2

On 12/21/2019 at 3:54 PM, llucie said:

He must have landed a similar job in the new location since he mentioned in one recent livestream having a rough day at work because a client had an accident on himself. I also have my doubts he will manage to graduate, but at least he seems hard working. And its not an easy job the one he is doing by any means.

Anyway Alatheia is just 15, too young to be discussing who she may end up in a relationship with.

I think Tim Rodrigues has a similar job where he is now. On the Rod's FB page they made it sound like he is going to school part time and working part time in order to make ends meet. 

As for Alatheia being in relationship at 15, the one thing I learned about fundies is that you are never to young to start thinking about courtship. Yes, she is fifteen but remember Anna Duggar had her relationship with Josh Duggar, basically, arranged when they met at 16. Alyssa (Bates) Webster met her match John Webster around Alatheia's age, they just put off having an "official" relationship until Alyssa was a couple years older. Plus the most recent Bates daughters who have, recently, married are in their early-20s late teens and they knew their now husbands for a few years. The same with the most recent Duggar marriages. So, in the fundie world, Alatheia is at the right age for matchmaking.

I have a feeling a few of the elder Shrader children will go to Nathan and Nuries wedding, not only to see family, but for Esther and John to scope out potential matches in the future for their children. I can see Alatheia, Enoch, Timothy, and maybe Nehemiah making the journey with Esther. I think John and the rest will stay behind in Zambia.

• Sad 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic