IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

John posted more drivel about what he's doing, and made sure to include his back surgery again, but no word on Nehemiah or Esther. 

Spoiler

Minimal Strength, Meetings on Salvation, and Men Showing

We had a very full week here in Sub-Saharan Africa, and as I'm only 4 months post-op from my major surgery of getting three artificial disks in my back, my stamina and strength levels are far from optimum. So grateful for God sustaining me.

Amidst the many things happening here this week, I had the wonderful privilege of several very good meetings, one with the lost husband of one of most faithful church members for about three hours together with Bro. Whyte. As we were finishing, Agrey said he was now very clear on salvation, but did not just want to make a decision in his head that was not serious (as he has seen so many others do here, professing from the head, but not being serious from the heart).

This is such a great burden on my heart, like the man pictured carrying wood on his bicycle in our town, yet his load will ultimately be consumed by fire. We are so very very careful here with the Gospel of Christ, and we do not push anyone to make a decision, for the Lord must bring conviction, or "godly sorrow" which is what brings true repentance unto salvation as II Cor. 7:10 says. Sadly, quite a few here have made a insincere profession, seemingly for ulterior motives in spite of our extreme carefulness, and a false profession will also end in fire, but for all eternity. This burdens me more than I can even articulate.

Please pray with us for Agrey, for God to burden and break his heart over his sin and that he will truly see his deep need for Christ.

I also was able to schedule a follow-up meeting with Brian this coming Tuesday, who I met with last week, to continue witnessing to him. He seems more serious than most usually are. He even told me that he's already sharing what we covered so far with his schoolmates (he's 17). I'm also scheduled to meet about Salvation with a man named Stanley on Wed. am who has been visiting our church for some time.

We were also very encouraged to receive a call from a man named Mr. Kelvin who was given the Bilingual John and Romans, and he actually completed the two page Bible study inside on John 16:8, then called us wanting to know more! Whyte and I are meeting with him Thursday morning.

So that's three meetings this coming week about Biblical Salvation, with Brian, Stanley and Kelvin. We are faithfully praying for God to save souls, to burden and break hearts, open blinded eyes, and see people truly come to Christ!

We continue to distribute hundreds of John and Romans weekly, Gospel tracts, and personally witness to all we can, but only God can save a soul.

We had five additional men today at men's Bible study before our weekly Saturday prayer meeting! Agrey came, Sam, contacted through outreach, Mr. Phiri and Mr. Chisampu (who've been faithfully visiting on Sundays for a couple months, but this was their first time to men's Bible study), and Andrew, who used to visit a long time ago. That was a real blessing to my heart as well. Two of these men profess to be saved, but only God knows. It's not clear by their lives. Nevertheless, it was great to have them all come today! We are still crying out to God to raise up faithful men here in Africa.

Thank you so much for your prayers friends. You truly cannot know how much we need them, depend on them, and are counting on them as we labor here only by God's grace. Please pray for God's Power to be upon us as we serve Him here in needy Africa.

I also truly thank you for taking the time to read this update.

Christ's Servant for His Increase,

John S.

— with Rick-Jodi Shrader and Esther Shrader.

This is the picture he attached, and look at this lovely comment from on of his followers *eyeroll*

Spoiler

JS.thumb.jpg.ff4b1980f92d21730a284fcfd88d3a64.jpg

And, he posted how much he hates flies. I've never seen him filled with such vitriol

Well friends, it's that time of year again, and the REVOLTING flies are out in force. We've put up and filled up these awesome fly traps at least three times, and though disgusting, we are so grateful for them, because every fly inside them is one less fly to reproduce and invade our home! DIE YOU FLYING VERMIN SCUM! (can you tell I really, really, really don't like flies?)

He included a short video of the fly trap. It's gross so I'll put a screenshot under the spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

JS2.jpg.93722c95be076e377b82a1ea2b12c79d.jpg

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

see John as a Steve Maxwell type. Someone who will only marry is daughter off to someone who shares every single belief as him. I just hope he doesn't do to his daughters what Steve did to his. Keep them home, unmarried, and miserable just to make sure they don't stray from the Maxwell way. In this case it would be the Shrader way.

He will be somewhat hampered in that because his children will need their own visas to stay in Zambia once they hit 18. So unless he decides to leave Zambia these kids do have an exit option available to them - even if it only gets them as far as their grandparents it gets them out of his orbit. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

This is such a great burden on my heart, like the man pictured carrying wood on his bicycle in our town, yet his load will ultimately be consumed by fire.

Oy, John. Stop trying to be deep and poetic. You really are not good at it.

If you were looking for symbolism, you missed an obvious opportunity to make everything about your mission when discussing the flies - why didn't you tell us that Beelzebub sent them to discourage you?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

He will be somewhat hampered in that because his children will need their own visas to stay in Zambia once they hit 18. So unless he decides to leave Zambia these kids do have an exit option available to them - even if it only gets them as far as their grandparents it gets them out of his orbit. 

When does the first one turn 18? Couldn't they just say they were missionaries and carry on as an adult?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Inky said:

When does the first one turn 18? Couldn't they just say they were missionaries and carry on as an adult?

I’ve wondered that, too. What are the requirements they’ll have to meet if they want to stay?

• Upvote 2

On 12/30/2019 at 9:22 PM, Inky said:

Enoch turns 18 next January

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

When it comes down to the kids turning 18 and becoming legal adults I hope that John’s parents talk some sense into him. Depending on how the Shraders have their school year, Enoch may not have to return to America until June 2021. I don’t know how the visa works, but his father doesn’t plan ahead much. I have a very strong feeling that Enoch is going to return to the U.S and live with John’s parents while he goes to trade school and/or gets a job while trying to find a fundie maiden. That is just what I think will happen next year. But we shall see.

• Upvote 3

Esther posted that Caleb is the first of their children to reach two years without a younger sibling and that the new baby is also a boy. Did we already know that? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

No, I don't think we knew the new blessing would be a boy. 

Priscilla is also having a boy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Esther posted that Caleb is the first of their children to reach two years without a younger sibling...

Good. Her fertility is slowing down! (Not much, but it’s something)

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Or maybe her headship can't get it up......

• Haha 14
  • Love 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, Evangeline said:

Esther posted that Caleb is the first of their children to reach two years without a younger sibling and that the new baby is also a boy. Did we already know that? 

News to me for the new Shrader being a boy. As for the age gap, John had back issues that required surgery. They may have "intentionally" put off having another child whether through abstinence or some God approved birth control until figured out what was going on there. Either that or Esther put her foot down about having another one so soon after Caleb.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:57 PM, Giraffe said:

Hopefully, Esther will be forty next year, so she doesn't have many childbearing years left after this child. If John and Esther follow the typical funding childbearing timeline, then she does have at least two or three more. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

As for the age gap, John had back issues that required surgery. They may have "intentionally" put off having another child whether through abstinence or some God approved birth control until figured out what was going on there. Either that or Esther put her foot down about having another one so soon after Caleb.

As egotistical as John is, my guess is the only “birth control” he allows is John saying his back hurt too much to get the job done. Anything else is evil. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

As egotistical as John is, my guess is the only “birth control” he allows is John saying his back hurt too much to get the job done. Anything else is evil. 

Either that or Satan attacked 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Either that or Satan attacked 

It would be so convenient to believe in Satan like Christians do. The rest of us just have our own choices (or bad luck) to blame things on.

• Upvote 11

What are the lengths some Kellers will go to, in order to get away from JillRod? We may have our answer!

image.png.9b8362711cffd11da04f50321d7cc1d5.png

image.png.1335b1a9462c3e8cda913b75b86904f7.png

I have unGodly sorrow about your need to alliterate, John.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 7

I'm glad that Esther is getting some family visiting. Probably would have been better to come after the baby was born to help out, but oh well. It's something. 

Esther's fertility is slowing down, but even then, she'll probably have at least two more babies. Suzette wasn't as fertile as Esther, and she had her lat baby at 43. Esther might easily have 3 or 4 more. I hope not, though. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I wonder who is visiting. Parents I assume. I doubt Anna since she just gave birth, and probably not Priscilla since she's 5 months pregnant. Maybe younger brothers? 

Ooh, I hope Nurthan visits! Haha. Maybe Timmy could fly them over. ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 1/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

I wonder who is visiting. Parents I assume. I doubt Anna since she just gave birth, and probably not Priscilla since she's 5 months pregnant. Maybe younger brothers? 

Ooh, I hope Nurthan visits! Haha. Maybe Timmy could fly them over. ;)

It's the Pecans, plus Nathan and David. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, marmalade said:

It's the Pecans, plus Nathan and David. 

I just saw the Pecans posted about it. 

I guess Nathan can get all the 'airplane ministry' info and bring it back to Timmy Rod. :D:D 

Hope their trip goes well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic