IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

Can someone please translate John’s latest diarrhetic screed? I’m not sure, TLDR, but looks like post anesthesia depression. 

Hell is getting chillier.   John is being "transparent."  I don't think that word means what you think it means, Johnny.  I want to know exactly how much the donors who fund you have spent on you in the last 6 years.  It is a lot!

It is long.  He's on the repentance road, folks.  Prepare for self-flagellation.   John is good at that.  I wonder who told him off this time for the sin of pride.  But relax, he gets back to his normal bombastic self by the end.

The bottom line is that he covets your prayers for his Rehab, Repair, and Return to Africa on September 19th ...

Where he will continue to be a Misogynistic Martyred Mean Missionary as he preaches Holy Historical Histrionic Humbug to the Unchurched Unsaved Unworthy and Unfortunate Hellbent Heathens who need Harvesting for Heaven.  In Jebus name.

Back problems, Brokenness, & Beauty

(Caution: Extreme transparency in this post, please only read if you are serious about praying for not only my health, but my heart. - js)

Sorry, Johnny.  You made it public.

Back problem:

I am still processing the incredible fact that a mere seven weeks ago, tomorrow to be exact, I found out just how serious my stenosis was, and that I was literally on the verge of paralysis. I am still wrapping my mind around the fact of this incredible miracle God has done, and is doing, in my life. It is so amazing...

Cauda Equina syndrome is rare, but Dr. Hodges told me that he sees, on average, 5 cases a year in his Surgical practice. What was quite sobering to me was when he stated that, although those cases reached him for surgery in the 24 hour window after onset, 2 of the 5 never recover their functions.

That could have been me, and had I been in the Bush when it hit, I almost certainly would not have been able to reach a competent Surgeon within 24 hours.

And one wonders who would have paid for the surgery.

God is gracious.

He has allowed me to have this degenerated, diseased and debilitating back problem for thirty years, and similar to the poor woman spoken about in Mark 5, I can also say that I too have "...suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent...and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse."

I tried Chiropractors and Physical Therapists, Inversion Table therapy (owned my own for about 17 years now), and back gadgets too numerous to count. TENS units and essential oils of all types and brands, creams, rubs, lotions, pills, supplements, bed rest (the longest more than two solid months of my back) all to no avail. I have special back pillows and a special "zero gravity" lawn chair, and I had lost the ability to play with and pick up my children.

Fantastic of God to send such suffering.  Who paid for all the gadgets.  And apparently it wasn't affecting his ability to have more children  he could not pick up and play with.

Brokenness:

I had resigned myself to this life, and was continuing forward as much as possible, but the Lord, in His Gracious Goodness, as He has done at other times in the past, was breaking me yet again.

Breaking me in my pride, my self righteousness (not for salvation, but seeing myself as superior to others) in doctrine, duty, direction, decisions, dignity, defense, devotion, and many other areas.

God likes alliteration. 

Our Holy God hates pride (Prov. 6:16,17a), and I sadly confess that too often through the years I have been filled with that, albeit over good and even godly things, and "...those that walk in pride He is able to abase (Dan. 4:37). How true those Words are.

God has been slowly breaking me, in order to tender my heart from the stiff pride which caused me to look down on others, to have a negative and critical spirit towards my wife, our children, and even the precious peoples first in America, and then of Africa that God's has called us to love and labor among.

Now this I agree with.  You behave like an arrogant conceited shit, John.

I have recently seen, I think more than ever before, the tremendous heart damage this Pharisaical Pride, even over right and godly things, causes, both to myself and to others.

I truly thank my God for the blessedness of brokenness. I'm not saying I've arrived, and I sincerely ask you to pray for me, for there are things in my life which can easily call forth that pride, and oh how easy it is, like slipping into a comfortable well-worn leather jacket, to slip back into my "caustic comfort zone." Pray for me dear friends, that I choose to daily be broken by taking up my cross, denying mySELF, and constantly and consistently remembering and reminding myself that I lost my life for the sake of Jesus and His Gospel (Mark 8:34,35).

If these self-flagellating rants didn't happen every six months on average I would be more impressed.

Beauty:

One man in Zambia (that we tried to work with early on but I fear made a false profession of faith), said something to me one day as I visited him after the Lord had been breaking me for a very long time. Although he was out of church and happily living in the filth of the world's mire and muck, he told me that he could see that I "was different" and had "changed."

Was this Roderick.  And now Johnny is back to claiming how wonderful it is that he had already changed.  He's full of it.

This was beautiful to me. Although I still weep and pray for this man's Soul, his statement meant so much because he had observed and interacted much with me when I was filled with self-righteous pride, and it had hurt him. I've asked his forgiveness for that for over and over again.

Apparently he did not believe you.  

I Corinthians 3 has a direct and dire warning for God's Children. Verses 10-15 caution us that our works not founded on the foundation of Jesus Christ are compared to "...wood, hay, (and) stubble;", and when tried by fire, those works will be "burned" resulting in that individual's efforts being described as to "suffer loss".

In my pride, because I was serving God, according to His Word doctrinally right, I would have insisted that MY works were NOT in that category, but that MY works were the "gold, silver, precious stones," because of the CONTENT, but I failed to judge my own CHARACTER.

That's OK, John.  We can all see and judge your CHARACTER.  And no-one gets saved by your Works.  May I remind you that people get saved by Grace Alone in your theology.  And I think you owe Valley Baptist Church and David Rea an apology.

I know now that way too much of my service over the past almost thirty years will most likely be burned up, because of my wicked pride, which is an abomination to my Lord (Prov. 16:5). I am so unworthy to receive, not only God's Grace to save my wretched Soul, but the manifold Grace and Mercy that God has extended to me so many times over the years, even while I was filled with stinking, filthy pride over my right doctrine and positions, and as I looked down on others that had not yet grown to the point I had, or not yet learned what I knew.

What service are we talking about here.  So his "service" started when he was  an obnoxious boy preacher at 12, apparently.   I'd say John has spent 20 years primarily serving his own ego by preaching, and serving his financial needs by taking donations from others.   He's never held down a real job, or even a pastoring job, for very long.

How did God reveal this to me, with a clarity of certainty?

Well, I finally started to learn. To truly learn, from Christ Himself, The Word, through the initial instruction given in His Preserved Written Word, also Living and Powerful (Heb. 4:12), and the convicting Work of His Holy Spirit.

Jesus invited us to learn from Him, almost 2,000 years ago, when He said these incredible words:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matt. 11:28-30).

And John is back on his prideful high horse!  Forget all that confession of unworthiness, John has ALL the answers!

Oh the beauty of these words. Oh the depth and riches of this simple invitation, so despised openly by the world, but sadly oft' despised inwardly by we who are God's own children, maybe not intentionally or even knowingly, but despised in reality nevertheless. The etymology of the word "despised" reveals a simple but devastating definition of "to look down on."

This is how I know I will have many ashes from my sacred but selfish service to the Savior from the past 30 years as I often looked down on others, but here is the blessedness of Hope, from the "God of hope" (Rom. 15:13), Who is able to give "beauty for ashes" (Isa. 61:3), but remember, He only gives that incredible and miraculous exchange to the one who is broken and mourning (Is. 61:1,3).

We've noticed a few of those ashes, Johnny.  Think of the Burundians you screwed over by false promises of a legitimate Bible seminary and student visas.  Think of the guy you persuaded not to get a better job so you could "disciple" him, and then tossed him out and called the cops because he challenged your temper and pride. Think of the donor(s) who gave you 14K to spend on the worthless wingless plane you have lied about again, and again, and again.

So "what exactly are you learning from Christ?" one might ask me.

I seem to still be in the Primary Class, but I am learning doubtless. The answers are found in the passage above, Matt. 11:28-30.

People in the Primary Class should not presume to teach others.  And they should not be pretend missionaries.

The first thing Jesus instructs us to learn from Him is:

1) Meekness

There is no room for Pride in the meek heart. Pride and Meekness are like water and oil, totally incompatible and inhospitable to each other. Pride must be, through the Power of God's Holy Spirit, crucified from the heart and mind before the Meekness of Christ may be learned. This is life-long lesson. Read and be convicted with me from the Bible passages on "meek/ness."

John is going to be meek!  ?

2) Lowly of Heart

Again, pride and self are dealt a mortal (though sadly temporary) blow. A lowly heart is impossible when ANY pride exists, whether clearly of the flesh, or pride over seemingly spiritual positions or doctrines or anything! Pride exalts, lifts up. This is the polar opposite. It is exemplified by Jesus humbling Himself before His own disciples to wash their feet. Peter, on the other hand, was not lowly of heart in his initial response there.

John Shrader, on the other hand, only fakes his lowliness of heart when it is expedient.

3) My Yoke

The third lesson Jesus enunciated was the lesson of the yoke. How often, in my pride, I forgot that Christ is the "Chief Shepherd" (I Pet. 5:4), and I thought I, in my right-ness, was superior or in control or needed to be submitted to.

People who dangle participles are not superior.  And John should never consider himself either in control or require submission.  Plonker.

How foolishly I forgot that, all the while, I was yoked to Christ, but as I took the burdens of ministry upon me, whether as a volunteering Church member, or an Associate Pastor, Senior Pastor, or foreign Missionary, that the reason the burden was not "light" or the yoke "easy," as Jesus promised to teach me, was because of my pride, self-sufficiency, looking down on others, and so many other fleshly manifestations.

I predict how foolishly you will forget again, John Shrader.  We have heard all of this before.

I could tell you many horror stories of those times.

Yes, we are aware that you have left a lot out.

I thank God that they are now under the Blood of Christ, but I deeply desire going forward to, in meekness and lowliness of heart, to daily and cognizantly walk in step with my Jesus, knowing recognising that I am yoked to Him.

That is nice.  But desire isn't enough.

It seems God is removing the "thorn in the flesh" of my back. As I am restored, and able to walk "uprightly" in posture, please pray that the blessedness of the brokenness God has brought to me will bring much Beauty only for His Glory.

Truly, "God ONLY uses broken things." - unknown

I want to be useable by my God for His Glory alone.

If I understand this crap correctly, John believes God has removed the (thorn) back problems because John is now truly repentant and will go forth and sin no more.  

It is humbling to see what God has done in the past 7 weeks. There are more testimonies I should be able to share shortly, and I truly believe that ONLY God can be given ALL the Glory in this marvelous and amazing working in my life.

Truly, "To God be the glory, GREAT things HE hath done!"

Please note all the humble bragging that has gone on in this "transparent" post.

I covet your continued prayers for my Rehab, Return to Africa Sept. 19th, and Recovery to whatever extent the Lord sees fit to give.

Rejoicing in God's Mighty Power, both to break my pride and heal my back,

Bro. John Shrader

(If you feel led to share this post, you may freely do so with my blessing. - js)

Thanks, Johnny, but I don't think I want your blessing.

Dear Rufus.  This shit head annoys me.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

I think if I was ever in his presence and he was yammering away at me someone would have to call an ambulance because my eyes would be permanently stuck in the rolling position. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I think if I was ever in his presence and he was yammering away at me someone would have to call an ambulance because my eyes would be permanently stuck in the rolling position. ?

Pity his fellow passengers if he does fly on September 19.  John is going to hold up every security check.   He'll show everyone in line his Xrays and bore security by telling them all about how God gave him a Bionic Back. 

And he'll preach loudly and endlessly to his seatmates on every single flight!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

The following is fascinating to me.  I can't even imagine how much money he and others like him have thrown at MLM-type schemes, etc., to try to get relief from painful symptoms.  Does anyone know what "TENS units" are?    I actually wish he would go into more detail on this particular subject, because it appears there are a lot of "cures" for back pain out there in the world.

I tried Chiropractors and Physical Therapists, Inversion Table therapy (owned my own for about 17 years now), and back gadgets too numerous to count. TENS units and essential oils of all types and brands, creams, rubs, lotions, pills, supplements, bed rest (the longest more than two solid months of my back) all to no avail. I have special back pillows and a special "zero gravity" lawn chair...

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Does anyone know what "TENS units" are?

https://www.webmd.com/back-pain/guide/tens-for-back-pain

They have been used for a while by legit PTs.  They may help some people but it is probably a placebo effect.  They are not harmful but they are not scientifically proven to be effective,  I give them a negative review (yes, I have tried TENS).  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

bed rest (the longest more than two solid months of my back) all to no avail.

Please don't let anyone try this unless on doctor's orders.  Medically, advising extended bed rest for back pain has been out-of-date for years.  If, after a couple of days, you are still in so much pain you think you can't move out of bed, then get to a doctor.  ASAP.

Extended bed rest won't help.  It will probably make everything worse.  Your muscles lose conditioning and tone.  You will probably get constipation and gain weight.  You can also develop deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the veins of your pelvis and legs).   Pulmonary embolisms are very likely to kill you.

And staying in bed for two months will make nearly everyone depressed as well as physically weak. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

So down in comment town on that...admission...someone remarks that she has Cauda Equina syndrome from a spinal cord tumor, and is going to share his screed on a Cauda Equina Syndrome support group. To which John writes the following:

Oh dear friend, when I first learned of my situation (mid-July) such a flurry of emotions I experienced. I can honestly say that I accepted the fact that this condition may actually be the Lord's Will for me, as maybe He could receive more Glory from my life with me in such condition. I began planning how it would change my ministry in Africa (drastically, obviously), and that I would probably be mostly housebound, definitely not able to go out into the Bush, camp, etc, and that mostly my ministry would just be training men there in our rented house. 

I would say to your dear group, to please not question God's Great Grace and Love, as you clearly seem to understand. I would seek to encourage them with the testimony of the Apostle Paul in II Cor. 12:8-10, who had some form of a physical disease (he uses the word "infirmity," appearing elsewhere as "disease." He asked God "thrice" (three) times for relief and removal of this physical problem, whatever it was, and God's response is truly incredible, and Paul's reply equally beautiful. God essentially explains to Paul that the reason He had chosen to answer with a "no" instead of a "yes" is because, in His Wisdom, He was choosing that, instead of healing Paul, which would have be seemingly more beneficial in multiple ways, God gives Paul the explanation in verse 9a that; "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

This answer blows apart the false teaching that sickness is never God's Will, but Divine Healing always is. Remember, Timothy, Paul's very dear disciple, had a stomach problem that was not healed (I Tim. 5:23), and the ministry team had to leave Trophimus behind in Miletum because he was "sick" (II Tim. 4:20). Paul obviously could not heal his dear friend, so instead here left him behind. Oh how the false teaching of no sickness and all things healed has swept Africa, and the damage is incalculable.

As we return to the great apostle Paul himself, when he understands (this is an amazing study in the Bible, the study of "understand/ing", start in Prov., as understanding is different than wisdom and knowledge) WHY God chose to leave him in that state of suffering, because it was a; 1) a great display of the sufficiency* of God's Grace (*amazing etymology of "sufficient," "putting under to meet the need of"), and 2) a display of GOD'S strength perfected in Paul's weakness!

Once Paul UNDERSTOOD this, his answer is filled not with a Resignation to his Situation, but a Rejoicing in God's Savior! Hear the spiritual triumph in his voice as he responds:

"Most gladly therefore will I rather GLORY in my infirmities, that the POWER of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take PLEASURE in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am WEAK, then am I strong."
(emphasis mine)

Dearest friends, after suffering with my own ailment for thirty years, I can tell you that it was not because of lack of God's Love. Study the word "suffer/ing" in the King James Bible, and your perspective will absolutely change (IF you believe God's Word), as you gain UNDERSTANDING and insight into God's purpose for suffering.

God has taught me more, and drawn me closer to Himself, much more during my times of suffering than during the "good" or "easy" times.

I even wrote a hymn after one such time, called "The Fellowship of Christ" based on Philippians 3:10.

I love you dear friends, may the Suffering of our Savior drawn you closer and closer to Him in true communion and fellowship, and may you make absolutely sure you are IN CHRIST, for this life and it's sufferings are truly short compared to eternity, but the end of those that have not the Righteousness of God, now that is eternal suffering. Please feel free to message me with any questions regarding KNOWING that you are truly Saved/Born Again through Christ and the Righteousness of God.

Praying for you,

With much love and empathy, 

Missionary John Shrader

Here's the link to my song:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php...

Now, I don't have Cauda Equina Syndrome, but I've had more than my fair share of back troubles. And I will tell you, this is the EXACT fucking thing I don't want to see in a support group. I'm GLAD God loved you enough to spare you from that shit, John, but to have the audacity to write about your suffering and your lucky escape is exactly the kind of bullshit I don't want to hear about in a support group. And I don't want to hear about how suffering is going to draw me closer to God--that's the last damn thing I care about. And then the hook at the end about messaging him to be "saved." And a link to his SONG?! What the hell. What in the absolute hell. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 12

22 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What the hell. What in the absolute hell. 

And, excuse my language, but fuck that shit. Sideways. 

And this garbage is quintessential John Shrader for you.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

23 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And, excuse my language, but fuck that shit. Sideways. 

And this garbage is quintessential John Shrader for you.

I'd chalk this up to pain medication, but, well, this is typical John. Just so, so tone deaf that it's cruel. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

OK, so I took a (long) break from following Shrader's goings-on. One question: Did his miracle cure involve actual treatment performed by a legitimate specialist/surgeon? Seeing that cauda equina, if it occurs, requires emergency surgery? And I am sure that, with the surgical correction that would be required, months of recovery will be needed.

Shaking my head.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@apple1,  yes.  The details are in posts at the end of the last thread.  John's miracle surgery was performed by legitimate surgeons in the Cayman Islands because his new spinal implants are not FDA approved.  And apparently these implants have an equally miraculously fast recovery time.

We only have John's word for it that he had cauda equina.  However he has Xrays to prove he has 3 implants in his spine.   I don't know any more about CES than Dr Google tells me, but John seems to think he had a birth defect.  

If so, is it likely to be hereditary, and should he consider spinal screening for his 10 and counting children?  Rufus knows.

And your insights into Shrader's theological twists and turns have been greatly missed by me.  He seems to think he is Saint Paul reincarnated!  

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think he’s lying and/or exaggerating   ?. And he’s an asshat.

I saw lots of BS in Fundyville regarding fake ass sickness that GAWD miraculously healed, you know, cause sky daddy loves them more than you.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I’ve heard of people using TENS machines in labour, for example. 

I barely know anything about Shrader. He just makes no sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Therapy used a tens machine on Mr. Kool’s arm after his stroke.  It did nothing for him but the PT said they have seen it work in some cases.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I was sad to read in John's "confession" that he was an asshole (emotional abuser?) to his long suffering and perennially impregnated wife. 

Jeez, if only this were a true insight on Bro Shrader's part, and he became a much, much nicer person. 

However, I don't believe he has the capacity for  self reflection and true insight; he can only go to the Bible and blather on. 

He could NEVER go to a place where he could see his Biblical interpretation as faulty, because his interpretations are based on his huge ego requiring him to be  more right than anyone else.  

I'd also add that my dentist got a fusion of some type in his lower back and he was a different person after the surgery; apparently he's suffered unrelenting pain for many years that resolved completely with the surgery. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

That's one of the complicated things about this story. John (by his own admission) said that he's suffered from debilitating back pain for 15 years. Nevertheless, he chose to go ahead and have 9 or 10 more kids and move to Zambia as a missionary. A prudent person would have that shit checked out before he went overseas and before he decided to have a bazillion blessings. That is, of course, if his version of events is true. Did he really suffer that long? Who knows? Also, I believe was told he was at risk for cauda equina syndrome; I don't believe he ever actually had it. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Going to go back and read some of John's saga.

It can't be any worse than reading about Trump or Trump's supporters.

If umpteen innocent children, one fundy-ily abused wife and the folk of Zambia who have unfortunately sucked into the vortex of John's evil weren't involved John would be hilarious. Sadly Pa Keller sacrificed poor Esther to this comedic idiot. Pa Keller deserves public humiliation. A week in the Stocks would be a good start. 

Trump is evil to his core. Cruel and evil. John is stupid. A completely pathetic head up his arse plonker. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Welllll... I read (admittedly, skim-read some of it).

For the sake of many people with significant spine issues - I hope the implant surgery John apparently had proves its worth over time and can help many people if its efficacy is proven over time. I would guess the jury is still out on how that will or won't work in the long run. And the website for that Cayman Island spine center (that takes no insurance, cash only) seems really questionable to me.

Mr. apple had anterior and posterior fusion L4-L5-S1 September 2018. He is still recovering. He was all but in a wheelchair by the time he had the surgery (after having PT, oral anti-inflammatories, trigger point injections, epidural steroids, and RF ablations - none of which were effective). We are both very convinced that the fusion surgery was absolutely necessary. No way would I have wanted Mr. apple to have a surgery using non-FDA-approved (or equivalent for non-US healthcare) implants. I realize somebody has to be the test cases, but, really, as aggravating as the FDA can be, FDA approval exists for a reason.

As someone else said, I bet John received a substantial stash of hefty pain meds.

Time will tell.

BTW John, the spine has FACET, not faucet, Joints.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

Hope Mr Apple makes a full recovery.  Back pain is an absolute bitch and I have the rods and screws in my spine as a result.

john was right about having a birth defect—he was born to be the great bloviating bombast he grew into.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 5

@Granwych Thank you, me too. He still has a long way to go. (And his surgeon told us to expect 18 months or more, and was very careful to say the expectation is improvement, not perfection).

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic