IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

13 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:
  Hide contents

One man, who told me his name was Andrew, was identified as a "preacher" by one of the others, yet he had committed some offense to warrant his arrest and incarceration. I honestly but gently tried to show him the contradiction of "preaching" to others, when he himself was living a life contrary to the Word of God, and of his need to have not just a head knowledge of God, but to know the very heart changing power of God. 

I have seen enough worldly sorrow to break my heart for a thousand lifetimes. Satan has such a powerful grip here. He has brought counterfeit religion to the masses, but as we are "holding forth the Word of Life," please pray for God's Power to be upon us, for without Christ we "can do nothing."

@DarkAnts Preaching in Prison 

Oh, Johnny, you old ass. Someone preaches a life contrary to Jesus’s standards...hypocrisy, much? And gotta love that judgmental attitude toward his literally captive audience. 

And Johnny, despite all your beseeching your lord, it doesn’t look like you’ve done anything at all. Could it be that your savior is sending you a message you choose to ignore time and again?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

The inmates probably took those copies of Romans thinking “ toilet paper!”

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

John has posted an update on his back. No mention of PT/rehab, just 'bouncing' on his mini trampoline to loose all the weight he gained back. It's long, so I posted it in the spoiler box.

Spoiler

3 Month Post-Op Recovery Update:

Dear friends, I was literally blown away by the kindness of so many of you and your outpouring of prayer support and encouragement when I had my major back surgery and three-level disk replacement procedure just a little over three months ago.

As so many were very kind to show the love of Christ and pray for me, and several have asked me recently, I thought I would post an update on how things are going.

I returned just one month after surgery to Africa, to some very difficult developments in our ministry in several aspects. This made the recovery all the more challenging, but God has continued to pour out on us so much of His needed Grace.

I have just recently been able to completely stop taking all medications, not only the gabapentin but also over-the-counter pain medications, which is a huge specific answer to prayer. I was originally taking meds 6x daily, mostly for the muscle spasms, nerve pain and general pain, which required eating something each time, so I had also put back on all the weight I had previously lost (there is still some residual, but manageable pain that I believe will eventually go away, Lord willing).

I'm praising the Lord for this development, because it has allowed me to get back to my "Books, Bouncing, and Beans." This is how I previously lost the around 40 pounds before.

Enoch also did an amazing and awesome job creating, building and installing a strong galvanized iron pipe handle for me for our "rebounder," which required him measuring, cutting, going into town, getting the threads cut where needed for the 90's, painting, and installing it, all on his own. What a thoughtful, skillful, resourceful, and helpful son he is to us!

The provision of the support handle is now facilitating my working back into more exercising than just walking, and I'll hopefully also be starting my back and core specific exercises in the next few days.

As you can imagine, just the weight gain itself was discouraging, but praise the Lord, I have now lost 8.2 pounds so far in the last two weeks with my "Triple B" approach, so that's very encouraging, as my total goal is 42 pounds. It's not easy, but boy is it worth it!

I am seeing clear progress weekly now, and, just like the Balanced Back Team promised, I have seen a significant difference having reached the three month mark. I'll be going shortly to the Capitol for my X-Rays to send back for my 3 month report.

I am still just so humbled and amazed that God supernaturally, graciously, and marvelously revealed that I was on the verge of paralysis when I was back in the States, so clearly guided in this incredible provision and restoration of my health. It's nothing short of miraculous, and only God can receive the Glory alone. Truly, what a Mighty God we serve. What an Abba.

Grateful for God's Grace and your prayers and encouragement,

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

• Thank You 6

Repeating myself; John gets meds, regular X-Ray check-ups in the "Capitol" and a fucking trampoline?

What about his kid with recurrent seizures? *crickets*

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Repeating myself; John gets meds, regular X-Ray check-ups in the "Capitol" and a fucking trampoline?

What about his kid with recurrent seizures? *crickets*

A long, multi-paragraph, detailed read about his recovery at three months — not the first update, and definitely not the first time he’s mentioned how laborious and trial some his recovery has been. Yet he perseveres the the lord! Definitely not good works, nor doing good unto others. But he’ll regale is soon again with stories of his great and glorious gains against pain! Defining poetry, alliteration, rhyme schemes, and art overall, once more.

The health of his child, with terrifying, lengthy, dangerous seizures — John will get back to you as needed!

Esther going overdue, once again (though it may be a math issue—but she also has many risk issues at this point) with a mutilpara pregnancy far from a hospital — crickets. She’s fine! Nothing to worry about!

I think John’s self-centeredness is such that he now revolves around his ego. He’s certainly remade god in his own image.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

John lost 8 pounds in two weeks? That's either water weight or he is starving himself. That's not a healthy weight loss.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, gustava said:

Jumping on a trampoline after major back surgery????  Is that  recommended?

Although it's 'soft ' landing, he could still hurt  himself. I was told NO impact sports. Trampolining, skipping, racket sports etc for a good year. I was banned then at my check up. John has had new bits implanted. Me thinks he is stupid. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Maybe he should check into getting a new brain implanted, too. His kid needs to be seen by a doctor immediately.

• Upvote 6

It's a fairly small trampoline with a handle, so I don't think he's doing acrobatics. Probably mostly walking and mild bouncing (alhtough even the thought of bouncing after back surgery sounds painful to me). You can see the pipe handle that Enoch made for the trampoline here.  

78255403_10214895145682373_7489864360777482240_o.jpg

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

21 hours ago, apandaaries said:

A long, multi-paragraph, detailed read about his recovery at three months — not the first update, and definitely not the first time he’s mentioned how laborious and trial some his recovery has been. Yet he perseveres the the lord! Definitely not good works, nor doing good unto others. But he’ll regale is soon again with stories of his great and glorious gains against pain! Defining poetry, alliteration, rhyme schemes, and art overall, once more.

The health of his child, with terrifying, lengthy, dangerous seizures — John will get back to you as needed!

Esther going overdue, once again (though it may be a math issue—but she also has many risk issues at this point) with a mutilpara pregnancy far from a hospital — crickets. She’s fine! Nothing to worry about!

I think John’s self-centeredness is such that he now revolves around his ego. He’s certainly remade god in his own image.

I think while nothing's happening with the seizures (they're waiting on an MRI, right?) and while Esther still gestates John doesn't see it as worth talking about. Why he thinks anyone is interested in his weight gain or loss I honestly don't know. That letter could have been condensed significantly (well, OK, all of them could.)

How overdue is Esther? I've lost track.

• Upvote 3

I’m off to the baby thread to check her expected sue date. I thought Esther wasn’t due until about February. 

Eta: I just checked the baby thread. Esther’s listed as due in February. 

Edited by Giraffe
Adding due date
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

On 12/4/2019 at 2:35 AM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

One man, who told me his name was Andrew, was identified as a "preacher" by one of the others, yet he had committed some offense to warrant his arrest and incarceration. I honestly but gently tried to show him the contradiction of "preaching" to others, when he himself was living a life contrary to the Word of God, and of his need to have not just a head knowledge of God, but to know the very heart changing power of God

Someone needs to honestly but gently point out the log in your eye, John.

Please pray for the hearts of these men. How I long to see them come to Saving Faith only in the cleansing Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, unadulterated by a trust in baptism or their attempt at good works, as so very very many do here.

Because only John Shrader Brand Christianity truly saves!

The day left me utterly exhausted, but it is good to be getting more and more back into the rigors of ministry here as I continue to recover from my major back surgery.

Rigors, my ass.

There at the jail waiting to pick up one of the inmates were two men, Innocent and Obvious. They heard the preaching and I was also able to speak to them about the Word of God. They actually live about 30-45 minutes South of Kafue, but we spoke of the Word of God as we went back to town together so they could find their transport back to what is called Kafue Gorge. They showed some interests, but as we often say here, "time will tell."

I think you are Innocent, John, because it is Obvious to me that they were just trying to be polite, since they were a captive audience as you traveled together.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/12/06/along-ky-death-row-nothing-but-love/c7220df0-6590-4f37-8bdd-7b4c465bd93e/

Paul Stevens, the man in the attached article was a true minister to  people in prison, including on Kentucky's Death Row. Harold McQueen, the man mentioned in the article as being executed in 1997, was my client and my friend.

I saw the difference Paul Stevens made in his life. I experienced it--the last six months Harold walked this earth, he made sure that those of us who cared about him would be okay if we were unsuccessful in saving his life. Paul Stevens started that change, the change I experienced from the first time I met Harold in 1990 until the last day I saw him (June 29, 1997) and the last time I talked to him (June 30, 1997).

What the article doesn't say is that the night the Commonwealth of Kentucky carried out Harold's death sentence, Paul Stevens was with him, praying. He walked Harold into the death chamber. Harold's last words were to Paul Stevens: I love you, my father.

That's what a true prison ministry is.

THIS is my friend, Harold:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

18 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I think while nothing's happening with the seizures (they're waiting on an MRI, right?) and while Esther still gestates John doesn't see it as worth talking about. Why he thinks anyone is interested in his weight gain or loss I honestly don't know. That letter could have been condensed significantly (well, OK, all of them could.)

How overdue is Esther? I've lost track.

This is more of a long term complaint/issue. Esther was way overdue with the last “blessing,” and we got crickets from John until she birthed. Likewise, he usually forgets or undervalues her in his missionary missives, even as she’s working to keep the entire brood and ministry alive...not by bloviating, but by actually working and providing for her family. Just feeding them alone is a huge task.

John, however, gets expensive medical procedures and an island vacation. We are treated to every detail of the procedure and his recovery. 

His son continues to have life-threatening seizures. With the time implied by John’s reporting, this child could actually die or become incapacitated. Do we hear updates? Do we know how they are “curing” his epilepsy? John got qualified doctors, but his son gets his highly educated (cough) parents with dr google determining his care plan.

John is just so amazingly, astonishingly self-centered. His “mission” is really “The John Show,” with his supporting cast of wife and kids. He doesn’t appear to actually care for any of them in any capacity, and his writing reflects that.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

On 12/8/2019 at 5:18 AM, apandaaries said:

John is just so amazingly, astonishingly self-centered. His “mission” is really “The John Show,” with his supporting cast of wife and kids.

I don't think other people really exist for John as actual human beings with thoughts and desires not aligned to his. They're just supporting cast in the Wonderful Story Of His Life, and vanish back into the shadows when not needed.

His son having seizures?  Is terrible for John. Esther being overdue? Mildly concerning for John. Inmates in a prison exist for as long as he needs them to exist as examples of his Good Work - I doubt he even thinks of them as individuals unless they show interest in his "church", at which point they become examples of John's Wonderful Ability To Save Souls (well until they see through him and scarper, at which point they become examples of Satan's Constant Attacks On John.)

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

When internet strangers are more concerned about one’s wife and son than the person who vowed to love them before all else/helped bring them into the world, usually one would reassess one’s life choices.

For John, introspection and humility are somehow absolutely anathema. He’s completely unable to see how horribly he treats those around him, constantly.  

How do people willingly give him money for this shit show? It’s infuriating.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I take gabapentin for nerve pain. One does not need to eat with taking it. Some OTC pain relievers can upset the stomach, so yes, a bit of food can help. That means a small bit of something like yogurt, not a meal.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 12/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, apandaaries said:

How do people willingly give him money for this shit show? It’s infuriating.

It is like Jill Rod. People feel so sorry for the kids that they give money to the moronic parents. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

I take gabapentin for nerve pain. One does not need to eat with taking it. Some OTC pain relievers can upset the stomach, so yes, a bit of food can help. That means a small bit of something like yogurt, not a meal.

I take gabapentin, too. It's never upset my stomach. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 12/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

John has posted an update on his back. No mention of PT/rehab, just 'bouncing' on his mini trampoline to loose all the weight he gained back. It's long, so I posted it in the spoiler box.

Hide contents

3 Month Post-Op Recovery Update:

Dear friends, I was literally blown away by the kindness of so many of you and your outpouring of prayer support and encouragement when I had my major back surgery and three-level disk replacement procedure just a little over three months ago.

As so many were very kind to show the love of Christ and pray for me, and several have asked me recently, I thought I would post an update on how things are going.

I returned just one month after surgery to Africa, to some very difficult developments in our ministry in several aspects. This made the recovery all the more challenging, but God has continued to pour out on us so much of His needed Grace.

I have just recently been able to completely stop taking all medications, not only the gabapentin but also over-the-counter pain medications, which is a huge specific answer to prayer. I was originally taking meds 6x daily, mostly for the muscle spasms, nerve pain and general pain, which required eating something each time, so I had also put back on all the weight I had previously lost (there is still some residual, but manageable pain that I believe will eventually go away, Lord willing).

I'm praising the Lord for this development, because it has allowed me to get back to my "Books, Bouncing, and Beans." This is how I previously lost the around 40 pounds before.

Enoch also did an amazing and awesome job creating, building and installing a strong galvanized iron pipe handle for me for our "rebounder," which required him measuring, cutting, going into town, getting the threads cut where needed for the 90's, painting, and installing it, all on his own. What a thoughtful, skillful, resourceful, and helpful son he is to us!

The provision of the support handle is now facilitating my working back into more exercising than just walking, and I'll hopefully also be starting my back and core specific exercises in the next few days.

As you can imagine, just the weight gain itself was discouraging, but praise the Lord, I have now lost 8.2 pounds so far in the last two weeks with my "Triple B" approach, so that's very encouraging, as my total goal is 42 pounds. It's not easy, but boy is it worth it!

I am seeing clear progress weekly now, and, just like the Balanced Back Team promised, I have seen a significant difference having reached the three month mark. I'll be going shortly to the Capitol for my X-Rays to send back for my 3 month report.

I am still just so humbled and amazed that God supernaturally, graciously, and marvelously revealed that I was on the verge of paralysis when I was back in the States, so clearly guided in this incredible provision and restoration of my health. It's nothing short of miraculous, and only God can receive the Glory alone. Truly, what a Mighty God we serve. What an Abba.

Grateful for God's Grace and your prayers and encouragement,

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

He really doesn't mention his wife and children does he?  I peek on this thread here and there. Not a real follower of this family but aware of them.  Every time it's John going on about himself as if he has no wife and what now? 11 or 12 kids.  In my world, a man gets surgery and IF he choses to post about it, it's heavy on the wife/gf/bf/kids helping during this time.  Nada with this one. I mean, he's droning on about his medication, his weight, his recovery, his.....everything John.  Esther and the kids must have a difficult life with him and the whole fundie station in life.  I literally cannot imagine it.  I can imagine Anna's and Pris's life to a degree,  but, this!  Good Lord Almighty! ???

• Upvote 13

18 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Esther and the kids must have a difficult life with him and the whole fundie station in life.  I literally cannot imagine it.  I can imagine Anna's and Pris's life to a degree,  but, this!  Good Lord Almighty! ???

I’m with you; I can’t imagine Esther waking up every morning excited for a new day and genuinely grateful for the life she lives. I wonder how many fundy wives are in Esther’s shoes and are so beat down* they stay and go through the motions while inside they’ve long since become atheists. 

* abused and also undereducated so that finding employment (that would pay enough to support all of their children) is too overwhelming to even remotely consider. So they stay. 

Edited by Giraffe
Riffle
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic