IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

Just when you think that the Maxwells could never top themselves: a post of cleaning out the freezer. Something most of us do regularly but never thought to brag about. And why can't Sarah make her own meals when her siblings aren't there? Maybe she likes something no one else does and this is the opportunity for her to enjoy herself? When my parents/siblings went out of town, I made cheesecake since I'm the only one who likes it.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, jegfile said:

Just when you think that the Maxwells could never top themselves: a post of cleaning out the freezer. Something most of us do regularly but never thought to brag about. And why can't Sarah make her own meals when her siblings aren't there? Maybe she likes something no one else does and this is the opportunity for her to enjoy herself? When my parents/siblings went out of town, I made cheesecake since I'm the only one who likes it.

It's hilarious, they have really outdone themselves with this post.

"Sometimes our freezer gets stuffed with odds and ends so we have a clean out gathering."

I can't even

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Oh my! Those disgusting leftover meals that Anna makes are back!

They really don't give a damn about food safety do they? you can't leave things in the freezer for months

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, jegfile said:

What are Steve and Terri going to eat when Jesse, Mary, and Anna are away?  Will they be fasting? Terri's latest "Corner" talks about how physically difficult it is for her to fast but she forces herself to refrain from eating all day, until she just has to have a bedtime snack so she can "function" the next day. Steve, of course, breezes through his fast and can sometimes even prolong it for multiple days. I hate that she is not listening to her body's signals for food. She says fasting gives her time to pray but she could easily pop one of those single-serving freezer creations in the microwave and pray the whole time that she's heating it and eating it. I can't believe how many ways these people come up with to punish themselves and each other. 

Does anyone else feel that her three single siblings get to do more out-of-the house activities than Sarah gets to do?  It seems to me that Sarah is always the one consigned to stay home. I wish she could go to the "conference" also. Presumably, the attendees would be provided with better food than months-old single-serving freezer meals.  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I am not going to complain about them saving leftovers and repurposing them for new meals.  However, I am going to complain about two things:  1. their recipes are gross (and I am not a picky eater) and 2. it would make sense (to me) to invest in a food saver (or a similar device) and put the food in bag and freeze and once frozen (i.e. within 12-24 hours) seal it up so no air gets in to it.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Alcyone said:

What are Steve and Terri going to eat when Jesse, Mary, and Anna are away? 

Aren't they on a special diet now?

"...a fried rice meal that Mary volunteered to make although she hasn’t made that before but said she would learn how."

HOW BRAVE! Learning to make fried rice! I hope her parents had WISDOM to impart on this task. And a time-frame! Gosh, she's like, what? 20 now. Is she allowed to turn the stove on or must a man do that? Can she trust her own interpretation of the written recipe? Mind you, my 9 year old gr-niece and 6 year-old gr nephew do this sort of thing all the time. [Safety squirrels, relax, the parents are home and in the kitchen!] Gosh, Mary--I'll be praying. It's really difficult to learn something like that.

Oh Sarah--you are an author for the ages and that sentence I just quoted proves it. NOT.

[We need a head banging against the wall emoticon]

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Have we heard the details of how the special diet works? Does Terri make three meals a day for herself and Steve and then the "children" make their own meals?  If so, what did she have to cut out of her schedule to find the time to make the special meals without her helpers? Why does she have to eat the same diet as Steve but the kids don't? 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

"...a fried rice meal that Mary volunteered to make although she hasn’t made that before but said she would learn how."

HOW BRAVE! Learning to make fried rice! I hope her parents had WISDOM to impart on this task. And a time-frame! Gosh, she's like, what? 20 now. Is she allowed to turn the stove on or must a man do that?

:5624797b0697e_headbash:This is as close as I can find.  And when it comes to the Maxwells it comes in  handy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

How do families like the Maxwells justify their hypocrisy of their daughters not marrying? It’s ok for women from other families to marry into the Maxwell clan but somehow wrong for the Maxwell women to marry i to someone else’s. 

It’s a rhetorical question. I have no doubt they’d blow it off and say “it’s not hypocrisy, we simply haven’t met the person God has for us yet.” 

Edited by Giraffe
Riffle
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

:5624797b0697e_headbash:This is as close as I can find.  And when it comes to the Maxwells it comes in  handy.

There's also this one  :bangheaddesk: and this one :angry-banghead:. (If you don't want to search through all the emojis, you can type a colon, then a word. I found those by typing  :bang  .)

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

Did it really take all of them to tackle this job?  Lord help them all, no wonder none of the "girls" can marry.  Nothing will ever get done if they do.

• Upvote 14

4 grown women to sort through freezer odds and ends.  

Sarah can only have the single serving meals when the siblings are gone. I assume when they’re all home they must all eat the same thing. 

Shouldnt Terie have said that they just “know” they’ll remember whatever it is they stick in the freezer? The way she worded it made it sound like a fact. Then she states the opposite. 

But of course there will be followers who praise them for this post since they can’t even think of simple tasks like this themselves. 

• Upvote 11

This is something you do with roommates when you’re broke until it’s time to go to the grocery store. That’s the only scenario I can think of for a “picking party” I’m also a heathen who eats what I’m craving when I’m craving it and doesn’t live with my parents at Sarah’s age...

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Oh Sarah--you are an author for the ages and that sentence I just quoted proves it. NOT.

Teri wrote this particular gem of a blog post.

I'm surprised that Teri didn't mention how they scheduled this into their day. How will I know when I can do it? Does it take more than 15 minutes? How many 15 minute intervals will I need to find?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

I think the real reason the maxwell daughters aren’t married is because they aren’t good homemakers. They can clean and organize but that’s about it. They can kind of cook. Sarah isn’t really into kids and they could be afraid she wouldn’t want/have any and that would look bad for them. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

My only question is how long some of the stuff Teri mentioned was in freezer like the stew veggies and meat. Some stuff after remaining in a freezer can lose flavor and get bad freezer burn. So, I wonder how Mary's fried rice and Anna's upcoming soups turn out.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think the real reason the maxwell daughters aren’t married is because they aren’t good homemakers. They can clean and organize but that’s about it. They can kind of cook. Sarah isn’t really into kids and they could be afraid she wouldn’t want/have any and that would look bad for them. 

I love it. They’re not particularly good at what they do. Their menus are depressing and uninspired and their recipes unappealing, I have a feeling none of the men who have come a-courting are addicted to bean burrito slurry that’s been sitting in a freezer for four months. And that seems to be the Maxwells big thing. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

My only question is how long some of the stuff Teri mentioned was in freezer like the stew veggies and meat. Some stuff after remaining in a freezer can lose flavor and get bad freezer burn. So, I wonder how Mary's fried rice and Anna's upcoming soups turn out.

I can guess... They turned out bland. Like everything Maxwell... bland and uninteresting. ?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Erin and Tori Bates were awful homemakers before marrying. It's not that important for fundies, no matter what they say.

Anna and Mary aren't married because they are isolated and, what is worse, brainwashed to keep them childish and afraid of getting in contact with men. And their parents are to be blame for that!. I have no doubts that they have been asked for courtship or for pre-courtship or whatever, but Steve had to "pray about it" and brainwashed them to say no.

One may say that once you are over 18 years old, you are free, can get a job, etc. But these are not normal people. It's a cult! Breaking free from a cult is not easy. Maybe Joseph, John or Jesse, who are travelling and interacting with heathens, may take a (slighty) different path, but not the girls.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

I was just poking around the Tits2 blog because reasons, and have 2 comments:

Their schedules that are provided for download (so we may emulate their godliness) show that they in fact have thirty minute blocks not fifteen, so cut them some slack guys; and

Their statement of faith puts “bible” before “god” and I just find that... telling!

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 3

22 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

One may say that once you are over 18 years old, you are free, can get a job, etc. But these are not normal people. It's a cult! Breaking free from a cult is not easy. Maybe Joseph, John or Jesse, who are travelling and interacting with heathens, may take a (slighty) different path, but not the girls.

I’ve come to realize I don’t have a concept of how brainwashed the women are. I had Oprah & Dr Phil* and a feeling that things weren’t right and so many other things to help me move in a different direction. I believe even if Steve were to “free” Sarah tomorrow, she’d be incapable of making her own decisions on things. She’s in a prison she doesn’t know exists. 

*I haven’t watched him in years because I grew tired of the sensationalized episodes, but when he first came on I found him really helpful and I will forever be grateful. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic