IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Seriously, they TRY to be boring, right? I couldn't even finish the most recent post. Someone needs to get pregnant or engaged. Too dull.

Nooooooo! No more babies for awhile! I feel so sorry for those kids.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

NR Anna is pregnant with her sixth. Elissa may well get pregnant again soon but they won’t make a whole post announcing it because that particular subsection of the Maxwell family seems to be quite private. They may well slip in a subtle photograph like they did when Elissa was pregnant with Kyle, but that was when Elissa was quite far along and had a noticeable bump. Axton is less than a year old right now and it remains to be seen when Chelsy will get pregnant again. 

As for marriage, Jesse is 25 next month and still a little young for marriage by Maxwell men standards. Maybe in the next year or two. After all, he does have a house...  The girls I don’t see marrying any time soon sadly. 

• Upvote 12

21 hours ago, Hane said:

@Black Aliss, you are obviously not from Connecticut, where a true lobster roll is brushed in butter, toasted, and filled with warm, buttery lobster meat. That other kind of roll is a lobster SALAD roll, which has its own distinct charms.

Hane, my late mother would have loved you, just like she loved butter, lobster, and fried clams with bellies.

I am one of the few new Englanders who don't like lobster, crabs, or any clams except those in strips and Rhode Island clam chowder (clear).  And I'm also one of the few people of Polish descent who doesn't like kielbasa.

those poor Maxwell kidults--will they ever be able to try any really good food?

Edited by Granwych
Stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 7

On 9/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I think the Maxwells really like Colorado for hiking, even though Sarah is starting to get sick on these trips. But, still I don't understand why they don't expand their hiking horizons. I am from the northeast, there are several trails they could climb up around here like Mount Washington and the Adirondack trail. But, the Maxwells are going to continue on with Colorado.

I'm guessing it's because Colorado is easily drivable from Kansas. Airfare for the whole Maxclan would be prohibitive.

• Upvote 9

Wasn’t there a time when Uriah (rip) took them near to the Grand Canyon ..... then Stevie stopping it ? And had them all go home to tits HQ.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

@Granwych, if your mom were still with us, I would take her to my favorite seafood shack for a lobster roll and a side of whole-belly fried clams, in memory of my dad, who loved them, too!

• Love 6

1 hour ago, VVV said:

I'm guessing it's because Colorado is easily drivable from Kansas. Airfare for the whole Maxclan would be prohibitive.

They could still drive. It'd take longer but it's doable. Utah's only a couple of hours further on, and roughly the same as going to Virginia. Alaska and Maine I could see being out of range for driving though.

Having said that there are so many mountains in Colorado and they seem to return to the same place each year, so guessing nothing will change. As per usual in Maxhell.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I don't mind that they go to the same place every year. I actually rather like their hiking posts, although I wish she would use the internet to read reviews of the trails they hike, to get an idea of how to write a trail review. Some of us found a spot that we like and we like to revisit it. I prefer posts about their vacations and daily life stuff over the announcements of another pregnancy, another courtship, another birth, another staged photo shoot, another remodel. But that's me. 

It costs them probably $100 in gas to drive to Denver, CO,  per vehicle. It's more than that per person if they flew. 

• Upvote 7

I am SOOOOOO not outdoorsy but have we discussed the bare legs while hiking? It seems that would be dangerous. A fall would result in a lot of scraped skin. What about thorns and other prickly things? 

I know the women always hike in skirts but it seems like it would be much safer to at least wear heavy, tall socks; if not leggings. 

• Upvote 3

In the post about Handies Peak, Teri appears to be wearing leggings, or at least long socks. 

The thing I found boring about the hiking posts is that they’re all so samey. Early wake up time, often setting off in the dark, hike, reach the summit, descent. We don’t hear much about anything else they do in Colorado, like what they do in the afternoon/evening after a hike. Going to the same place every year isn’t my kind of thing but I understand that a lot of people do it. It’s just indicative of the whole Maxwell lifestyle where nothing ever changes except the number of grandkids. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I am SOOOOOO not outdoorsy but have we discussed the bare legs while hiking? It seems that would be dangerous. A fall would result in a lot of scraped skin. What about thorns and other prickly things? 

I know the women always hike in skirts but it seems like it would be much safer to at least wear heavy, tall socks; if not leggings. 

They don't seem to be doing a lot of technical hiking, and at least in this last one, they started above the tree line. In my area, which is not colorado, the biggest concern would be alders and cow parsnip, which is easily avoidable. Most of the time. The thing with hiking is that you are moving around, uphill, and it's exercise. Exercise makes you warm. Then the weather changes. It could be sunny and warm when we start, but once I get up to 3,500 ft, the wind might pick up, there might be snow, etc. For a 14er, they wouldn't start at 0 elevation, but it's still going to be chilly at the summit. Which is why they have packs that likely have tights for the girls to put under their skirts and coats and maybe a hat and gloves. 

They are wearing socks. They are also wearing trail running shoes, instead of hiking boots. Which is all fine, there's good tread and they are in good physical health. Terry's post was much more interesting than Sarah's, she should do more of the blogging.

They also seem to know people in Colorado which is probably why they go back. We go to Hawaii most years, our friends parent's live there and a bunch of people I know go for the same event. We also go elsewhere, but I just love Hawaii so much and hate missing the trip if we can't fit it in. So I totally get it. They probably feel at home in the mountains like I do on the beach.  

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

In the post about Handies Peak, Teri appears to be wearing leggings, or at least long socks. 

The thing I found boring about the hiking posts is that they’re all so samey. Early wake up time, often setting off in the dark, hike, reach the summit, descent. We don’t hear much about anything else they do in Colorado, like what they do in the afternoon/evening after a hike. Going to the same place every year isn’t my kind of thing but I understand that a lot of people do it. It’s just indicative of the whole Maxwell lifestyle where nothing ever changes except the number of grandkids. 

I just don't care about the grandkids. I don't even know which one goes to which maxwell son, nor do I care. I know that one SIL is still dressing like it's 1980 and i find it weird. They will be brainwashed, it will be sad, and they will have a close knit family with lots of aunts and uncles to make sure they don't stray from their pre-determined path. 

They likely don't do anything after the hike. They go back to their cabin (which looks lovely) and eat dinner and have bible time and fellowship. Then they go to bed early because they are exhausted and don't drink. 

Non fundies go out to the local craft breweries, get a bite to eat and a beer, talk about the hike, maybe go back to the VRBO or to a local place for entertainment and then go to bed. Or they play board games/cards/whatever. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I am so confused, I feel like that latest post was a direct repeat of Part 1. How pathetic - do they really expect people to buy their new books with such a dull blog?

• Upvote 5

I'm sure Sarah is taking the piss with her writing now.

"One night, when I walked around at the fair, it seemed I saw a lot of octopus creations. You don’t exactly hide with them."

"Kids were often very much interested in their balloon creation."

Maybe this is just the way they talk, but it's clear that Sarah has no real writing experience.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, terranova said:

I'm sure Sarah is taking the piss with her writing now.

"One night, when I walked around at the fair, it seemed I saw a lot of octopus creations. You don’t exactly hide with them."

"Kids were often very much interested in their balloon creation."

Maybe this is just the way they talk, but it's clear that Sarah has no real writing experience.

She hardly even tries these days. Honestly, that’s some seriously tortured prose.

I’ve said it before but it bears repeating that, in another world, Sarah and Mary could make a killing as children's party entertainers. They’re very talented. Just leave the bait and switch witnessing at home, k?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

It's sad that the "girls" look so happy doing the face painting and interacting with NEW people. Go on Steve--kill the joy. Surely it's time to clean the bathtub grout or something.

• Upvote 9

It's nice that they do face painting and balloon animals to make the kids feel loved.  I would have really liked that as a kid and it would have made me feel special.  And they do a great job.

But, then they have to hand out those %$&#! tracts.  As sparkles said above, bait and switch.

And i wouldn't want any creepy adult man walking around any fair I was at handing out tracts, interacting with young people.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

For what it is worth I love all kind of lobster rolls, whether they are hot or cold or filled with butter. Being from Connecticut you get the option. I do enjoy both. As for the Maxwells apparent dislike of lobster, they probably don't have much exposure to REAL lobster. But, reading that Steve nuked the lobster most likely it came out tasting awful. I think someone should send them a lobster cookbook. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

For what it is worth I love all kind of lobster rolls, whether they are hot or cold or filled with butter. Being from Connecticut you get the option. I do enjoy both. As for the Maxwells apparent dislike of lobster, they probably don't have much exposure to REAL lobster. But, reading that Steve nuked the lobster most likely it came out tasting awful. I think someone should send them a lobster cookbook. 

Now, no sense wasting anything tasty on any adult Maxwell. But...

hopefully Chelsy will continue to work on John’s poor deprived taste buds,

• Upvote 8

On 9/4/2019 at 1:41 PM, kpmom said:

It's nice that they do face painting and balloon animals to make the kids feel loved.  I would have really liked that as a kid and it would have made me feel special.  And they do a great job.

But, then they have to hand out those %$&#! tracts.  As sparkles said above, bait and switch.

And i wouldn't want any creepy adult man walking around any fair I was at handing out tracts, interacting with young people.

The ones I feel sorry for are Christopher's kids. He drags them to the fair, where they hand out tracts and say hello to the aunties and that's it. It's downright MEAN to make little kids stand there and hand out tracts when you just know they would rather be riding a Ferris wheel, eating a candy apple, or petting the goats. Hopefully, Calia got to do something fun and they just didn't tell the rest of the family.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

On 9/4/2019 at 10:03 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

No. I’m just bitter enough about the Maxwells that all I’d suggest is that someone writes them to saythat they could Google lobster recipes. Y’know, like they have dismissed reasonable questions for info with a terse, “You could look it up.”  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

The ones I feel sorry for are Christopher's kids. He drags them to the fair, where they hand out tracts and say hello to the aunties and that's it. It's downright MEAN to make little kids stand there and hand out tracts when you just know they would rather be riding a Ferris wheel, eating a candy apple, or petting the goats. Hopefully, Calia got to do something fun and they just didn't tell the rest of the family.

Free the Maxwell grands! Seriously, though, there are enough grandkids at this point that somebody has to make a break for it eventually, right? Right?? ?

• Upvote 11

40 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Free the Maxwell grands! Seriously, though, there are enough grandkids at this point that somebody has to make a break for it eventually, right? Right?? ?

Based on what I am seeing now, Christopher's kids are the least likely to rebel. They won't get a chance. Abby also seems headed down the same path as her aunts. That poor kid has "I have resigned myself to my fate" written all over her face. Hopefully, this is only how she feels/behaves when in the company of Steve and Teri and there is another side to her that we don't see. Bethany, Christina, and Drew still show plenty of spunk, so my "most likely to rebel" money is on those three. Maybe they will form a pact and get out together. The rest of the Maxgrands are babies and toddlers, so it's too early to tell with them.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

I was reading NR Anna’s post on the Maxwell blog. I didn’t care for the content; having little kids memorize bible verses, however, I could not help but notice she is a much better writer than any of the Maxwells. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic