IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

I’m calling it.   I think she’s pregnant.  The ice, the reclining on the couch on a bed pillow & now the very slight belly pooch.   I’m guessing a March due date.

1B435B7A-761C-4442-85FF-30A40969CCFC.jpeg

I haven’t been following Carlin closely lately. What happened with ice and reclining on a couch?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

I’m calling it.   I think she’s pregnant.  The ice, the reclining on the couch on a bed pillow & now the very slight belly pooch.   I’m guessing a March due date.

1B435B7A-761C-4442-85FF-30A40969CCFC.jpeg

Not gonna lie, I’m about Carlin’s build, shes a couple inches taller than me I think, but if that’s a belly pooch, then I must always be pregnant because that’s how my stomach looks after I’ve eaten anything. I’ll agree that the ice and reclining could be indicators, but that girl is tiny and probably just had eaten lunch before the pics were taken if you ask me. 

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

Dang I’m due with my fifth in early February and JUST started getting a baby bump at 13 weeks. I would be stunned if she was pregnant, due in March and already showing. 

But I also always just assume the newlywed Bates are pregnant because the chances are so high.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Can we please stop with the belly pooch scrutiny? 

Yes!  I mean it's safe to assume that any married Bates/Duggar is gestating at any time.   "Bump or Bloat" is a lose-lose game, just don't play. 

As for Carlin, I'd bet that she's not okaying any pictures where she thinks she looks pregnant, even if she is. 

I personally LOVE pregnancy speculation, but I love it when it's based on weird shit, like eating ice. Not body changes on a newly married, barley adult. 

Edited by Charliemae
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Can we please stop with the belly pooch scrutiny? 

Yeah, in retrospect i think you are right.   Id be at least 4 months pregnant after eating dinner each day if people were speculating about me.  Im certainly not wanting to appear to be bodyshaming another woman.   I do think Carlin will enjoy all the attention she will get when/if she gets pregnant.  And the ice thing still has me wondering.

• Upvote 6

Due to Carlin and Zoolander's age and beliefs, I suppose a honeymoon baby is very probable. But please stop make assumptions based in invisible baby bumps in slim women. 

• Upvote 7

I really hope that Carlin and Evan have a year to get to know each other and to enjoy the freedom of being treated as adults now that they are married. If they are smart (or selfish) they will wait before having a baby. A baby would, IMO, cramp their style at the moment. But, after all is said and done, at their ages unprotected sex will quickly lead a pregnancy. Here’s hoping that they wait awhile. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Ok. I am sure I would have more thoughts on this if I watched it with the sound on (which I never do as, they annoy me). 

Not enough to not watch, just not listen lol. 

So I can totally see Evan as a jerk frat boy and warden as a jerk jock boy.  In another life. Chugging (root) beer. 

Also that shirt Warden is in....

The girls would not get away with that. 

Those shirts (on girls) look quite athletic with a sports bra and workout tights. 

2A5A7E40-F390-44D0-A09D-B84DF8185900.png

DFBEDF86-B831-4B3A-A39E-7B6896314E85.png

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok. I am sure I would have more thoughts on this if I watched it with the sound on (which I never do as, they annoy me). 

Not enough to not watch, just not listen lol. 

So I can totally see Evan as a jerk frat boy and warden as a jerk jock boy.  In another life. Chugging (root) beer. 

Also that shirt Warden is in....

The girls would not get away with that. 

Those shirts (on girls) look quite athletic with a sports bra and workout tights. 

2A5A7E40-F390-44D0-A09D-B84DF8185900.png

DFBEDF86-B831-4B3A-A39E-7B6896314E85.png

I was so confused by this whole thing when I saw it lol Chugging Root Beer, and majorly cutoff tanks! Could the Bateseses be getting less fundy?! ? Doubtful, but this threw me lol

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, elf1590 said:

I was so confused by this whole thing when I saw it lol Chugging Root Beer, and majorly cutoff tanks! Could the Bateseses be getting less fundy?! ? Doubtful, but this threw me lol

Not less fundie, just more naked. And just the guys. They would not post pictures of the women/girls like this. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

It’s so ridiculous how the family goes out of their way to share how pious they are. We don’t dance. We don’t drink. We don’t curse. And then they do all those things, but some how put a holy spin on it. Okay, we dance, but only in marriage.  We chug, but it’s root beer! We use made up swear words. Like quit trying to be some ridiculous version of wholesome mainstream and have a damn beer and let your girls wear tank tops. Clearly, a part of them wants to be mainstream. 

• Upvote 29

My almost 4 year old has taken to pointing out men not wearing shirts in public.  I don’t even notice it, but she definitely says loudly how, “that man isn’t wearing a shirt!”  

Ah hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

The Bateses are really weird about masculinity, in a different way than other ATI families are weird about masculinity. (The way they encourage the boys to be flirty, or even inappropriately aggressive? David Waller’s mom would never.) That probably has some impact on the family’s love of photographing the boys’ bodies in weird ways while giving the girls strict rules about dress.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I don't get how many of their followers aren't more, how can I say...piss off by them, I mean if someone for years proclaim that they don't dance, and just listen to hymns, and then decide that dancing is ok for a marriage, boys should dress modest and then start with mud and wet t-shirt, then shirtless...

We already know that they are hypocrites, but their followers follow them because they believe that are right and do what they preach etc...I just don't get it, if someone "above" me for years tell me something and to follow their teaching, because is better or goodly or what else and then one day just decide to do a 360 and by still declaring all the previous stuff act like everybody else I will ask for some explanation at the very least 

Sorry for the screen text

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

My almost 4 year old has taken to pointing out men not wearing shirts in public.  I don’t even notice it, but she definitely says loudly how, “that man isn’t wearing a shirt!”  

Ah hypocrisy. 

When one of mine was a toddler, he called all men Daddy.  That was a fun stage.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

When one of mine was a toddler, he called all men Daddy.  That was a fun stage.

Conversely - last week she angrily told my husband he wasn’t her daddy (he is). 

• Haha 19

Carlin and even danced before marriage, engagement I think. Trace learned to dance for the trick rider thing he was doing. I think that parents tend to be less strict once a few of the kids have dated/married. It’s not just a fundie thing. 

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Carlin and even danced before marriage, engagement I think. Trace learned to dance for the trick rider thing he was doing. I think that parents tend to be less strict once a few of the kids have dated/married. It’s not just a fundie thing. 

Gil's parents dance and have said they have taught the kids a few steps. While Carlin, etc. may not have experienced formal lessons as kids, they did at least see dancing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 8/8/2019 at 12:20 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Not the Duggars, the Bontragers, the Maxwells, etc 

I think Bates, while having the same beliefs as the previous families, have a different personality. Even in the old videos, when wore frumpy clothes and had no internet etc, they seemed to enjoy music in a more enthusiastic way than others. I dislike Kelly very much, and I think she fakes a lot, but probably she's more cheerful than other fundie mothers. That's why it has been easier for them to accept the kids going (a bit) mainstream, dance, etc. Of course, the TV show has made it easier, too. But they just seem more flexible than others.

• Upvote 4

What separates the Bates from the Duggars is the way their shows are portrayed. TLC is going for the freak factor with the Duggars. UP is going for sweet, quirky conservative Christian for the Bates. That's the nature of the networks. Deep down the only thing that separates these families is the superficial stuff.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

What separates the Bates from the Duggars is the way their shows are portrayed. TLC is going for the freak factor with the Duggars. UP is going for sweet, quirky conservative Christian for the Bates. That's the nature of the networks. Deep down the only thing that separates these families is the superficial stuff.

Yes, but even on the one season the Bates were on TLC they seemed a lot more normal than the Duggars, so its not just the network, its the image they project.

• Upvote 2

I have no idea if she's pregnant or not and I'm not speculating. I chomped ice through my pregnancies incessantly. Drove my husband crazy. Never wanted to when I wasn't....

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, llucie said:

Yes, but even on the one season the Bates were on TLC they seemed a lot more normal than the Duggars, so its not just the network, its the image they project.

Gil and Kelly are grifters, selfcentered and a lot of (bad) things, but in no way their personalities are similar to Jimbob and Michelle. So, even sharing the same beliefs, their output will be different too. I don't know which family is worse, but Duggars are robotic and the fact that their married children (minus maybe Jill) are still following their parents rules, makes me think that JB and Michelle were better brainwashing and controlling, which is not good. In the early videos, when Bates were pictured as fundie rednecks who visited the *superior* Duggars, they didn't look as robotic as them, and at least Gil looked affectionate with the kids. Another big difference is that Bates look genuinely proud of their children, while it always seem that Jimbob wants them to be under his thumb with cheap jobs and no degrees. I bet he would be pissed if one of his daugthers married a congressman son (as Alyssa) who is more succesful than him. Bates have several daugthers with degrees and jobs, but out of all the Duggars, only Joe went to college and it was just 1 year.

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic