IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

I don't think it's really been long enough for Carlin to be holding back on an announcement. They've only been married 3 months. According to Duggar Data, even if Carlin got pregnant very quickly after the wedding, we shouldn't expect an announcement till Sept. 16th. (https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/187169237879/is-it-still-possible-for-carlin-bates-to-have-a)

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

My doctor adviced me it was better not to announce pregnancy until 12 weeks. Early miscarriages seem to be very common. I couldn't wait 12 weeks, I told my mom immediately and my friends at 8 weeks I think, after my first ultrasound.

Despite fertility is not a science, I wouldn't be surprised if Carlin has a honeymoon baby. They are a young couple and age usually helps a lot. Isn't Willow a honeymoon baby, too? Carlin is soooo competitive, she MUST win the quick pregnancy contest! Her honeymoon was the hottest y'all know!!!!!11!!!!1

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Wishful thinking I know but I hope that Carlin and Evan are really enjoying just being the two of them and answerable to no one. I know that it is extremely unlikely, but I think it would be lovely for them to have a year without a pregnancy announcement like Jinger and Jeremy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Wishful thinking I know but I hope that Carlin and Evan are really enjoying just being the two of them and answerable to no one. I know that it is extremely unlikely, but I think it would be lovely for them to have a year without a pregnancy announcement like Jinger and Jeremy.

Its not like they have a choice in the matter. No birth control means is all down to luck. For all we know Jeremy and Jinger were really worried for that year that they may had fertility problems.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Its not like they have a choice in the matter. No birth control means is all down to luck. For all we know Jeremy and Jinger were really worried for that year that they may had fertility problems.

They do have a choice.  They're married adults, no one is forcing them not to use birth control. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

They do have a choice.  They're married adults, no one is forcing them not to use birth control. 

Well obviously, but as far as we know none of them uses birth control, not even Jinger even if people would love her to. I remember the first year of marriage of Michaella people were also happy they were waiting to have a child...With this people its never because they are waiting and enjoying their time as a couple.

• Upvote 4

But is Evan quiverful and no birth control? He only has five siblings and his two married sisters do not have huge families. Maybe there is hope for Carlin having a more manageable number of children. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Angelface said:

When they discover how great it is being an adult out of mom's home, they are already pregnant. So no time enough for consider other options.

It was very evident with Josie. She and Kelton enjoyed very much their first 9 months married, with nice trips and a job she loves. I have no doubt that they wanted a baby but I can't avoid thinking that they are so young and obviously needed new experiences and time as a couple, and I think that a few months is not enough when you are just 20 and have been so controlled before mariage.

Motherhood has been the best for me. So by no means I want to imply that having a baby is different for the Bates girls. I just think that a couple years with no kids would be great for them especially at their ages. But even if one of them would decide to wait, Kelly and Gil pressure would be a nightmare, and it's not something an isolated 20 year old can cope well with.

9 hours ago, Angelface said:

But is Evan quiverful and no birth control? He only has five siblings and his two married sisters do not have huge families. Maybe there is hope for Carlin having a more manageable number of children. 

They may have only 6 kids because their fertility is not great. Or have developed a physical condition that naturally prevents pregnancy. But they can still be quiverful.

Even if CarVan decides to keep their family small, I can see them having a couple kids close in age. Carlin seems to genuinely like little children and also looooves attention. Being pregnant is the main way to receive Kelly and Gil's attention and also pregnancy leads to beautiful photoshots for instagram haha.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

The face Carlin made in Evan’s Instastory when Evan says Carvan for a possible couples name. She would be horrified if she read here. ?

33C646DB-7322-4DBE-AF98-9927836CE2F6.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

When I quickly looked at Carlin’s newest post from the boutique I thought for a second that she was doing the belly cradling pose. I was very shocked on how all of a sudden she had a baby bump.

But then I looked again and the pose was very different then I thought ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Another honeymoon baby. All of the Bates have had babies under their first year of marriage except those with fertility issues. Not even the Duggars have done that ?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Another one, people are clearly over Babygeddon - only an article in Romper - not US or People, bet Carvan is pissed.

• Upvote 6

I'm not surprised. Like many on here I suspected she was pregnant.

And the news is more than an hour old and this thread is not hot on freejinger. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

It’s not surprising or interesting. The Duggars and the Bateses are so predictable and boring. I wish one of them would surprise us. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

All the Bates threads have been super dead lately, maybe when the show returns in a couple weeks they will return to life but i doubt it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Per Romper Carlin and Evan are expecting their first due in February 2020

I’m due in February 2020 as well. I’m thinking she is probably due in late Feb. they kept referring to it being early in her pregnancy. I’m 18 weeks due the first week of Feb.

This news is thoroughly un-surprising. I got pregnant in mid May so they basically got preggers right away.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, llucie said:

All the Bates threads have been super dead lately, maybe when the show returns in a couple weeks they will return to life but i doubt it.

I suspect it is because like @JermajestyDuggar mentioned, everything is boring and predictable. 

I think they only Bates pregnancy at this point that would be news would be Michaela. Or maybe a twin pregnancy. Everything else is just expected at this point. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

That was a pretty quick announcement, definitely quicker than Josie and Kelton, and maybe quicker than Tori and Bobby too.  Although I guess we don't know exactly how far along she is. 

I'm also always sad for these kids who don't even get a month to discover how sex works before getting pregnant.  I know that's not a priority for them, but still. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

11 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I’m due in February 2020 as well. I’m thinking she is probably due in late Feb. they kept referring to it being early in her pregnant. I’m 18 weeks due the first week of Feb.

This news is thoroughly un-surprising. I got pregnant in mid May so they basically got preggers right away.

I'm also 18 weeks and due the first week in Feb! I got married 2 weeks before Carlin and got pregnant on my honeymoon. Just based on her and my similar wedding timing I wondered how closely we would line up with first pregnancies. Turns out very.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Carlin said in the People article that she has the same clotting disorder as Erin. I’m glad she didn’t have any miscarriages. Back when Erin was pregnant with carson I thought the condition would limit her pregnancies but so far it hasn’t. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

Another one, people are clearly over Babygeddon - only an article in Romper - not US or People, bet Carvan is pissed.

They did get a People article. It talks about how she found out she has the same clotting disorder as Erin. Evan has to give her shots every day.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic