IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, ariel9 said:

Keen eye to the ice spotters! 

My friend when she got pregnant only wanted ice. Apparently it’s a pica symptom that comes from pregnancy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

My friend when she got pregnant only wanted ice. Apparently it’s a pica symptom that comes from pregnancy. 

I’ve known quite a few pregnancy ice chompers. I wanted toothpaste ?

So now carlin gets to receive injections every day during her pregnancy just like Erin. I bet that will get really old after the fourth pregnancy. I have a feeling these two will limit their family size in the future. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I'm not a big follower of the Bates, but I'm popping in for some BEC because Carlin has always gotten on my nerves and so did the hinty-hint #maternityfriendly post on the boutique instagram. Evan has a sex trophy and Carlin is fulfilling her "God-ordained" purpose as a woman. What could be better than that? I'm sure she's very happy to be in the "mom" club now that she's out of the "virgin" club, because apparently those are the only things that make a woman special. Plus, now she can look forward to posting all those oh-so-precious birth photography pictures* on Instagram! 

*I'm aware that some people are much less weirded out by birth photography than I am and I respect that but man, I am just SO weirded out, especially when fundies do it because they're basically all in a creepy-ass fertility cult. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I guess I'm not surprised Carlin is pregnant already.  To add to the posters above, I have heard of women wanting to eat REALLY strange things during pregnancy..not mostly normal stuff like ice, pickles and ice cream, etc.  I mean REALLY out there like dirt, chalk, cornstarch, etc.  (This is not to put down anyone who had these cravings during pregnancy).  I once knew a woman who craved fountain soda.  She didn't really want soda from a can, bottle, etc.  She HAD to go through a drive-through to get it from a fountain.  Bless her!  I've never been pregnant but I feel for all of you folks that have had these powerful cravings, especially in the middle of the night.

Poor Michaela (I know, terrible beliefs and all).  I wonder if each sister calls Michaela privately before they announce.  Of course, they're not obligated to do this, but I'd like to think they give her this heads up.  So many pregnant Bates all at once - Carlin, Erin, Whitney, and probably Tori soon.  I wish her well in her nursing career.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

How long do you think that bright white living room decor will last once she has the kid?

She might be like Erin with strict rules and a wobbly ladder in the nursery. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Here's a strange thing I noticed.  In the second Instagram pic in the series the heart in the top right of the picture says "Stewart est. 2020" (which is weird because that's in the future so nothing is established then yet) and then in the third picture, the same heart says "Stewart est. 2019." What is going on????

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, ModestisHottest said:

Here's a strange thing I noticed.  In the second Instagram pic in the series the heart in the top right of the picture says "Stewart est. 2020" (which is weird because that's in the future so nothing is established then yet) and then in the third picture, the same heart says "Stewart est. 2019." What is going on????

I saw several commenters asking the same thing. They probably changed it because now that they’re having a baby, they’re “really” establishing a family or some crap like that. Because obviously it’s not a family without a kid. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I saw several commenters asking the same thing. They probably changed it because now that they’re having a baby, they’re “really” establishing a family or some crap like that. Because obviously it’s not a family without a kid. 

Ahhh yes, you're probably right. They would think that.  I thought I'd uncovered some kind of weird new Photoshop-gate!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Wow. Carlin's pregnant. Definitely did NOT see that plot twist coming! ?? That living room though. Someone is in LOVE with white, biscuit, buff, ecru, oatmeal, sand, cream, taupe, etc. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, ModestisHottest said:

My guess is they didn't know what est. meant. 

• Haha 28
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

I'm not a big follower of the Bates, but I'm popping in for some BEC because Carlin has always gotten on my nerves and so did the hinty-hint #maternityfriendly post on the boutique instagram. Evan has a sex trophy and Carlin is fulfilling her "God-ordained" purpose as a woman. What could be better than that? I'm sure she's very happy to be in the "mom" club now that she's out of the "virgin" club, because apparently those are the only things that make a woman special. Plus, now she can look forward to posting all those oh-so-precious birth photography pictures* on Instagram! 

*I'm aware that some people are much less weirded out by birth photography than I am and I respect that but man, I am just SO weirded out, especially when fundies do it because they're basically all in a creepy-ass fertility cult. 

I am super weirded out by birth photography. My MIL tried to bully my husband and I into doing that (or maybe it was videography? It felt invasive either way) and both of us told her not just no, but hell no. I don’t want pictures of myself in pain or looking like a hot mess, personally. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Apparently she’s got a clotting disorder. Isn’t that what Tori had? 

Its what Erin has. Tori also had some complications with her pregnancy but i dont think it was the clotting disorder, low estrogen i think?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, llucie said:

Its what Erin has. Tori also had some complications with her pregnancy but i dont think it was the clotting disorder, low estrogen i think?

Low progesterone. Not uncommon. It can be indicative of a future miscarriage so doctors will prescribe it in medicine form. Kelly Jo went through the same thing with later pregnancies. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I once knew a woman who craved fountain soda.  She didn't really want soda from a can, bottle, etc.  She HAD to go through a drive-through to get it from a fountain.  Bless her!  I've never been pregnant but I feel for all of you folks that have had these powerful cravings, especially in the middle of the night.

Poor Michaela (I know, terrible beliefs and all).  

This is my one addiction and I haven’t been pregnant in years. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink (occasionally I enjoy a whiskey sour in a social situation but I’m not a big drinker), but I drink fountain Diet Coke like I’ll never be able to have it again. I will drink it from a can or a bottle in an emergency, like a blizzard where I can’t leave my house for days, but otherwise I drink roughly 100 ounces of fountain Diet Coke every day. I don’t like coffee or tea, but love a fountain drink with ice. I even have a certain kind of ice that I prefer. The people at our local convenience store know me and they know my refillable mug. 

As far as Michael, I just watched the UP special on her marriage to Brandon. My husband was home and started asking all kinds of questions about the Bates family. Once I started talking about the quiverfull movements and babies for Jesus he said, “Like ‘The Family on Netflix!’”

Anyway, I completely understand what you’re saying- I feel bad for her that she hasn’t been able to have children yet because I don’t wish infertility on anyone, but their beliefs are still horrible. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow. Carlin's pregnant. Definitely did NOT see that plot twist coming! ?? That living room though. Someone is in LOVE with white, biscuit, buff, ecru, oatmeal, sand, cream, taupe, etc. 

I can’t believe it. That living room is as boring as these two! I guess it matches them well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ModestisHottest said:

Oh that is weird! Maybe they’re cheekily saying their family of 3 is established 2020 but they executed it poorly?

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Before I miscarried, I craved mayonnaise. I couldnt have enough of it! I liked it in general,but this was an intense craving. I ate a spoonful from the jar! Also the smell of bananas sent me to the toilet bowl which I loved bananas! That one was difficult to hide from my mom, who always was eating bananas. Pregnancy is just weird.

As for carlin and evan, disappointed but not surprised. New thread title should be: Carlin is pregnant y'all! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

Before I miscarried, I craved mayonnaise. I couldnt have enough of it! I liked it in general,but this was an intense craving. I ate a spoonful from the jar! Also the smell of bananas sent me to the toilet bowl which I loved bananas! That one was difficult to hide from my mom, who always was eating bananas. Pregnancy is just weird.

As for carlin and evan, disappointed but not surprised. New thread title should be: Carlin is pregnant y'all! 

All smells made me feel sick to my stomach except mint. It was the only smell that didn’t bother me. Everything and I mean everything else did. You name it, the smell made me sick. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I’ve never been pregnant for long, but the smell of eggs cooking makes me nauseous when I’m pregnant. My nutritionist said that giving up coffee during pregnancy should be easy because the smell is nauseating, but not for me.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

So in regards to the sign having the wrong date, according to comments by the Bates Family on Carlin’s post, the photographer decided to surprise Carlin by changing the date to when the baby was due not realizing that the 2019 was supposed to mean when they got married. Apparently Carlin didn’t even realize it when she posted it

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 3

surrrrrrprise! another pregnant fundie. one of these years, there's going to be a new fundie baby born every month O.o ....so many "exciting news!" announcements, yet no one but the leghumpers give a fuck lol. 

I am a little surprised to see a Stewart baby before a 2nd Smith baby. I'm still definitely expecting Tobby#2 to be announced around Kade's first birthday. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

So how many does that make in the Duggar/Bates baby zone? 8? That’s a lot of fucking babies born within a few months span. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Every time this happens I can’t get over how unappealing it sounds to get pregnant on your honeymoon and have to deal with first trimester grossness as a  newlywed discovering sex. I just feel bad...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic