IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

I just saw Joy comment an althought i still think it was super tacky if it helped Joy to take some photos with the baby then its all that matters. Personally i think it would be better to keep the photos private but they grew up in the public eye so i guess for them this is normal.

Edited by llucie
Sorry for the double post, i thought the comments would join together but they didnt
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I'm glad Carlin is there for her, I imagine they're both going to feel some type of way looking back at Carlin's wedding pictures since Joy looks so heavily pregnant in them. I would hope they'd keep those photos privates, but they'll probably use them to push their anti choice agendas. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, llucie said:

I just saw Joy comment an althought i still think it was super tacky if it helped Joy to take some photos with the baby then its all that matters. Personally i think it would be better to keep the photos private but they grew up in the public eye so i guess for them this is normal.

Time will tell, but I would wonder/guess if the actual photos Carlin took of them with the miscarried baby won’t be shared, at least for a while. The pictures in the hospital bed are whatever/that’s what they do. Joy posted a picture of them in the hospital bed crying. Carlin probably got permission, and being the Duggars they are, they were fine with it. I get thinking of sharing a picture along with your sympathy post makes sense if you have the opportunity. I wouldn’t do it, but I get the logic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Maybe it's me but from reading the comments here I thought I'd see her duck lips preening selfies.  What I saw was Carlin and joy heads together.  Joy's smile was larger than Carlins and it didn't seem that out of line considering that as a society we are all taught to 'smile for the camera'  

• Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm glad Carlin is there for her, I imagine they're both going to feel some type of way looking back at Carlin's wedding pictures since Joy looks so heavily pregnant in them. I would hope they'd keep those photos privates, but they'll probably use them to push their anti choice agendas. 

I just thought the choice of photo was really strange. The first one, of the parents clearly posing for the camera in a sad pose.

• I Agree 1

While it’s a tiny bit odd to me, I don’t we should remember everyone grieves differently. If joy wants a few Moments of normalcy, taking a cute picture with her best friend that came to support her, I can’t hate.

Im happy Carlin was able to go see joy. 

I think joys wounds are going to start to heal over the next 2-3 months but be ripped completely open when her sister deliver all those little girls 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

If you haven't been on Instagram....RUN, don't walk, to check our Carlin's latest story. It's Carlin & Evan slow dancing in the yard while everyone apparently takes a break from a house project.

Pregnant Whitney is in a chair and as the camera pans you get a full shot of a shirtless Zach giving a little shake in the background. ?

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, LillyP said:

If you haven't been on Instagram....RUN, don't walk, to check our Carlin's latest story. It's Carlin & Evan slow dancing in the yard while everyone apparently takes a break from a house project.

Pregnant Whitney is in a chair and as the camera pans you get a full shot of a shirtless Zach giving a little shake in the background. ?

Ugh, you weren’t kidding. Modesty, thy name is Bates family. 

D97577D2-C027-4346-A336-F3CE2515764B.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

This picture does not do that video justice (its a little hip/penis thrusting dance move). I am crying with laughter right now at my desk. Is it a fundie mating call or something? Hey wifney, come here a minute...  I am never going to look at him again without thinking of this.

2 hours ago, LillyP said:

I think I love you. This MADE my day. Dying!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Their hypocrisy is really something. We’ve always known that the Bates are quite image conscious in how they present themselves to the world, but I think you can even hear on the video someone saying that they’ll have to blur it out. I could be hearing wrong though.

In all fairness, I wish they had blurred it out. Zach shirtless is not something I ever needed to see. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Scoodilypoop said:

Their hypocrisy is really something. We’ve always known that the Bates are quite image conscious in how they present themselves to the world, but I think you can even hear on the video someone saying that they’ll have to blur it out. I could be hearing wrong though.

In all fairness, I wish they had blurred it out. Zach shirtless is not something I ever needed to see. 

Well, to be fair, Zach and Whitney have never made any of the same statements Mom and Pop Bates have, nor have they stood up as strongly for the same things. Whitney started wearing skinny jeans and shorts several years ago, and it’s not like her second wedding dress fit the typical Fundie standards of modesty. Point being, I’m not seeing where Zach and Whitney in particular are being hypocritical. And I’d just take the blurring it out comment, if it is was said, a joke that I would probably make in a similar situation too. 

Edited by wakeamy
  • Upvote 13

Congratulations, Zach. Your shirtless dancing pic is sure to live in infamy as some FJ'ers avatar.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

I tried to pixelize parts that photo so it's less defrauding but you can't even tell, it all looks the same color. 

• Haha 4

I think they've been at Mama Jane and Papa Bills closing in the porch.  So props to the Senior Bateseses for this happening.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Congratulations, Zach. Your shirtless dancing pic is sure to live in infamy as some FJ'ers avatar.

I finally decided to do an avatar and went with creepy JRod I should have went with "New level of whiteness Zack Bates"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Luckily, I missed the Zack video. Some things can't be unlearned. lol Doesn't surprise a bit, though.

The only shock is that Carlin is the one who uploaded it to her IG knowing Zack's moves would be counterbrand. Then again, she is the Bates who approved a public video of herself dancing in a fundie nightie with several males present. Who am I kidding, here.

It's only a matter of time before this house of cards comes tumbling down.

• Upvote 2

On 7/9/2019 at 7:43 AM, wakeamy said:

Well, to be fair, Zach and Whitney have never made any of the same statements Mom and Pop Bates have, nor have they stood up as strongly for the same things. Whitney started wearing skinny jeans and shorts several years ago, and it’s not like her second wedding dress fit the typical Fundie standards of modesty. Point being, I’m not seeing where Zach and Whitney in particular are being hypocritical. And I’d just take the blurring it out comment, if it is was said, a joke that I would probably make in a similar situation too. 

Yeah, it's a personal pet peeve of mine when posters comment on something the adult children do like "well, that's not very Duggar/Bates brand! Hypocrites!"

Like, kids grow up and do things differently, or slightly differently, from their parents. That's how it goes for everyone, fundie or not. 

People think the Duggars/Bates are the borg. Despite the fame-whoring, controlling parents' best efforts, they are still made up of individual people. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
Edited to remove empty quote box - no content was changed
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 6/24/2019 at 5:58 PM, Kayleigh83 said:

Just went and looked and I actually love that too, I would decorate my house like that.

Where is it?

9 hours ago, sansan said:

Where is it?

If I remember correctly it was on an Instagram story which disappears after 24 hours (unless someone took screenshots of it)

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:29 PM, BernRul said:

Yeah, it's a personal pet peeve of mine when posters comment on something the adult children do like "well, that's not very Duggar/Bates brand! Hypocrites!"

Like, kids grow up and do things differently, or slightly differently, from their parents. That's how it goes for everyone, fundie or not. 

People think the Duggars/Bates are the borg. Despite the fame-whoring, controlling parents' best efforts, they are still made up of individual people. 

These are people with a brand. And this is totally ON-BRAND for the Bates. Kelly has been posting shirtless and "sexy" pictures of sons since before they had a TV show, as old timers here well know. It's hypocritical as hell because modesty has never applied to Bates boys, only the girls. Zach has not changed anything in this regard - Bates boys have always had freedom and always run around in wet tight t-shirts and such.

It's a personal pet peeve of mine when people don't understand that this is patriarchy in its fullest modern expression going on in a little hamlet in backwoods TN.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 7/13/2019 at 8:29 PM, BernRul said:

But Zach and Whitney allow their family to be used to advertise for the cult. Don't you think that is fairly hypocritical if they don't actually believe any of the shit they are selling? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Beware Carlin got her wedding pics back today, be prepared to be spammed for days. :pb_rollseyes:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Beware Carlin got her wedding pics back today, be prepared to be spammed for days. :pb_rollseyes:

Well, tbf you’re only going to be exposed to them if you seek them out.  That’s pretty much the opposite of spamming.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, formergothardite said:

But Zach and Whitney allow their family to be used to advertise for the cult. Don't you think that is fairly hypocritical if they don't actually believe any of the shit they are selling? 

I never said that they don't believe in any of the shit that they are selling. That's putting words in my mouth. The modesty standards have always been up to interpretation among fundies--the Duggars and Bates have been skirts only, but not every family. They can still be part of the cult and have different views from their parents. 

@nelliebelle1197 I guess that's true about Kelly, she has posted shirtless pics of the boys before.

Also, my comment isn't necessarily about this specific issue, but more broadly about people treating the kids like they automatically have 100% the same views as their parents.  I believe people called Jill a hypocrite for doing a little dance before, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic