IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, TatiFish9 said:

Knox News (which broke the story of Erin's 4th pregnancy) listed Kelly as MOH and Erin as bridesmaid just like Michael did on BUB.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2016/02/04/bringing-up-bates-stars-get-married-at-knoxville-church/90839672/

Then my apologies, its my fault for trusting the fundiewiki. I thought they only published things with proven sources, but obviously not. I will be careful to believe anything else from the wiki on the future.

No worries. I think anyone would believe Erin was MOH with Kelly because of the dresses. Honestly, that is just as weird. I would have thought it too if it wasn't for Michael explaining why she chose her mother instead.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

No worries. I think anyone would believe Erin was MOH with Kelly because of the dresses. Honestly, that is just as weird. I would have thought it too if it wasn't for Michael explaining why she chose her mother instead.

I don’t know if this is correct, but I want to say they mentioned on one episode that Kelly thought Erin should wear the same dress as her since Erin had given birth to Carson three months prior. I think she either explicitly said or at least implied that it had something to do with Erin’s postpartum figure, but I honestly don’t remember and could be wrong on that. If I’m right then it kind of just makes me want to roll my eyes because Erin would have looked perfectly fine in the pink dress. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

I agree. Erin looked great at Michael's wedding. The pink dress is more becoming in my opinion.That was gross for Kelly to insinuate especially to a new mom. Smh.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Duggar Data seems to agree that only Kelly was the Matron of Honor.

Of course this is an older entry. Now DD can add Carlin with Tori as the two who have had more than one maid/matron.

I was trying to find the scene where Michael explains why she chose Kelly instead of one of her sisters. BUB seems to only have the newer wedding related episodes online right now.

Anyhow, that still doesn't explain the ever growing mystery of why Kelly and Erin had the same color dress. 

20190626_153317.jpg

LOL! This is hilarious. They just know to get down that aisle. All the other details are fuzzy. Erin couldn't tell the difference between maid and matron?

I will take a look. I have all of the seasons on Amazon Video. I bought them for my mom since she grew up in that area and likes to watch to see if she recognizes places or even people sometimes. When Michaela is talking to her aunt about flowers, she lists everyone in the wedding who will need a bouquet. If I remember correctly, she lists her mother as Matron of Honor and Erin as Maid of Honor at that point. It would be incorrect to list it that way given the distinction between maid and matron meaning. She may have designated her as like chief bridesmaid or something like that to distinguish. 

Even having married women as bridesmaids is considered a no-no from a traditional sense. However, plenty of people do it.  

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Um, I don't think a lot of people like Erin including some of her siblings... The key here, is that Kelly was the actual matron of honor. Michael did not choose one of her sisters for that very important role. Equally interesting is that Michael was not in Erin's wedding (who was married first and before the Bates tv heyday). That never sat well with me.

It's been years, and I could be remembering idle speculation as truth, but I recall Kelly writing on the blog that Michael didn't like a lot of attention on her and so didn't want to be a bridesmaid. There was lots of talk about it here at the time and we discussed Michael's shyness and how it might impede her ability to get married. (Listen, we've gotten a lot of stuff wrong over the years, okay?:shifty-kitty: )

In the end she did walk down the aisle because either Callie or Ellie got scared and she had to hold their hand and walk them down for their flower girl duties.

Then again, even if I'm remembering Kelly's comment accurately, she could have been bullshitting us about the real reason. Eyebrows were raised even at the time about Michael not being a bridesmaid.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

It's been years, and I could be remembering idle speculation as truth, but I recall Kelly writing on the blog that Michael didn't like a lot of attention on her and so didn't want to be a bridesmaid. There was lots of talk about it here at the time and we discussed Michael's shyness and how it might impede her ability to get married. (Listen, we've gotten a lot of stuff wrong over the years, okay?:shifty-kitty: )

In the end she did walk down the aisle because either Callie or Ellie got scared and she had to hold their hand and walk them down for their flower girl duties.

Then again, even if I'm remembering Kelly's comment accurately, she could have been bullshitting us about the real reason. Eyebrows were raised even at the time about Michael not being a bridesmaid.

I also remember Kelly saying that when people asked.  Michaela had helped sewing the bridesmaid alterations if i remember correctly, and everyone thought she was going to be the MOH. So her not being in the wedding party was super weird.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

That is what I recall as well.

• Thank You 1

But then she was in Alyssa's wedding so that made her skipping Erin's even stranger to me.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But then she was in Alyssa's wedding so that made her skipping Erin's even stranger to me.

My theory is that she wasn't in Zach and Erin's weddings because she was self conscious of being the oldest daughter and not being in a relationship. She's been in every wedding since then and those were after her courtship went public. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

42 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

My theory is that she wasn't in Zach and Erin's weddings because she was self conscious of being the oldest daughter and not being in a relationship. She's been in every wedding since then and those were after her courtship went public. 

If I remember right, Alyssa knew or suspected that Michael liked Brandon. I want to say the story is that Alyssa convinced Michael to be a Bridesmaid by pointing out that Brandon would be present at the wedding as an Usher and that as a Bridesmaid she would be front and center in his line of sight. 

Basically, Alyssa was Michael’s wingman. 

• Upvote 13

@VelociRapture Michaela started courting before Alyssa's wedding. She didn't get married til over a year later. Somehow she got over her shyness very quickly after Brandon noticed her.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

What’s most surprising to me is that the Bateses were already playing the idontknowher.gif game with IBLP in their frumper era.

• Upvote 2

I continue to be surprised that Carlin, with college and wedding over, hasn't plunged headlong into being the godlyyoungwifey Instagram influencer--promoting the BatesSistersBoutique, Fabletics, FabFitFun, Lipsense, Plexus, YoungLiving,  Shakeology, and everything in between.

Does #JesusnolongerlovetheMall, Carlin?

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I continue to be surprised that Carlin, with college and wedding over, hasn't plunged headlong into being the godlyyoungwifey Instagram influencer--promoting the BatesSistersBoutique, Fabletics, FabFitFun, Lipsense, Plexus, YoungLiving,  Shakeology, and everything in between.

Does #JesusnolongerlovetheMall, Carlin?

It is kind of surprising, the only advertising I've seen so far is for personalised shampoo - it even comes with your name on the bottle and you can choose the colour ?

Edited by Syriana
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, Syriana said:

It is kind of surprising, the only advertising I've seen so far is for personised shampoo - they even come with your name on the bottle and you can choose the colour ?

If it's the shampoo I'm thinking of, it's overpriced and made my hair greasy. Just in case anyone's tempted to be influenced by Carlin. ?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

If it's the shampoo I'm thinking of, it's overpriced and made my hair greasy. Just in case anyone's tempted to be influenced by Carlin. ?

But did it make you feel godly? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

But did it make you feel godly? 

The God I'm familiar with would never give me greasy hair! Unless He was trying to teach me a lesson about getting taken in by ads on Facebook, which is possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

The God I'm familiar with would never give me greasy hair! Unless He was trying to teach me a lesson about getting taken in by ads on Facebook, which is possible.

The Dog* I'M familiar with gives me greasy hair to show me that I should not only live on dry shampoo and black coffee... which is way too conveniently right now since times are crazy busy (and crazy good) in my little corner of the world right now.

*I wanted to write 'god' but my apple autocorrection changed it to 'dog' so I thought I just stick with it ?

Edited by ophelia
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Carlin's getting laid.

No time for Instagram till the pee stick dries.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Carlin's getting laid.

No time for Instagram till the pee stick dries.

There is so much truth and so much sadness in your post. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Per Instagram Carlin is with Joy Duggar. I'm glad she is able to support her best friend during this difficult time. I like what she wrote but I'm not a fan of the smiling selfie with Joy.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Per Instagram Carlin is with Joy Duggar. I'm glad she is able to support her best friend during this difficult time. I like what she wrote but I'm not a fan of the smiling selfie with Joy.

Agree. Its really nice of her to go to arkansas to be with joy in this dificult time, but taking pictures of her in the hospital bed seems so tacteless.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic