IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

27 minutes ago, BernRul said:

Also, my comment isn't necessarily about this specific issue, but more broadly about people treating the kids like they automatically have 100% the same views as their parents.  I believe people called Jill a hypocrite for doing a little dance before, too. 

If they are actively selling the cult, and all the danger, oppression, and hate that entails, does it matter if their beliefs differ in nuance ... or if they differ entirely?

if one of the shiny pretty people had protected  sex, or lit up a joint, or didn’t keep sweet in an argument with their headship off camera ...or questioned the existence of God ...but continued to shill for IBLP and continued to allow their children to be used to lure people into their hate culture does it matter?  

It doesn’t matter if their beliefs align completely or a little ...if they are taking the public position of those beliefs they own them.

we judge adults by their actions - not their thoughts. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If they are actively selling the cult, and all the danger, oppression, and hate that entails, does it matter if their beliefs differ in nuance ... or if they differ entirely?

if one of the shiny pretty people had protected  sex, or lit up a joint, or didn’t keep sweet in an argument with their headship off camera ...or questioned the existence of God ...but continued to shill for IBLP and continued to allow their children to be used to lure people into their hate culture does it matter?  

It doesn’t matter if their beliefs align completely or a little ...if they are taking the public position of those beliefs they own them.

No, it doesn't. I don't disagree that they're still apart of a cult. I'm talking about when they Duggar/Bates kids go against their parents' rules, not the cult's rules. I never said that they weren't luring people into a cult, or that their beliefs aren't dangerous, or what have you. I'm specifically pointing out when people claim they are hypocrites for going against their parents, not the cult. That's not juding the adults by their actions--that's assuming that adult children are hypocrites for not following 100% of their parents rules into adulthood. I never once said anything about them not being dangerous or disengenious to the public. 

• Upvote 12

On 7/18/2019 at 2:16 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It is been emphasized here many times that dressing differently or starting to allow dancing does not mean they are changing their evil beliefs. But now that @BernRulmentions that the Bates kids change those shallow rules that are their parents' and not theirs, it is all of a sudden assumed that they mean that the second generation is changing their beliefs.

Yes they are changing some rules and therefore are not hypocrite when they dress according to their own rules, not their parents'. But no, they have not changed their core beliefs away from their parents' as far as we know.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 7

Seeing Carlin's pictures of her great thundering herd of bridesmaids reminds me how very extra she is.

Do you think her Instagram will just be an endless procession of wedding pictures for a couple of months, only to be interrupted by an over the top "We're Expecting" announcement?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

If done intentionally - I'd like to commend Carlin for choosing to only share bridal party photos where Joy isn't super noticeably pregnant. It may be complete coincidence and she may just think she looks the best in the few she chose to share, but during the wedding weekend there were a lot of Joy belly cupping photos shared (so I'm sure there are even more in the thousands taken that day) that I'm sure are very painful for Joy to look back on. Carlin's wedding will probably always be bittersweet for Joy and Carlin seems like a solid, actual true friend (which is rare in fundie world) and if she tried to choose more discreet photos of Joy, I give her credit for being less of an asshole than I thought she was. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 17

8 hours ago, Casserole said:

If done intentionally - I'd like to commend Carlin for choosing to only share bridal party photos where Joy isn't super noticeably pregnant. It may be complete coincidence and she may just think she looks the best in the few she chose to share, but during the wedding weekend there were a lot of Joy belly cupping photos shared (so I'm sure there are even more in the thousands taken that day) that I'm sure are very painful for Joy to look back on. Carlin's wedding will probably always be bittersweet for Joy and Carlin seems like a solid, actual true friend (which is rare in fundie world) and if she tried to choose more discreet photos of Joy, I give her credit for being less of an asshole than I thought she was. 

I was wondering why, when she announced she had her photos back, there were not an immediate flood of photos instantly. Now you mention this, it may have been to give Joy a look first and maybe have her choose a few. Also her wedding photos are now slightly over shadowed by grief/bittersweetness and that is not nice for her or Joy. 

I can imagine there will be a lot of social media comments about it again overshadowing her happy day. Not a major thing in the grand scheme comparing to a loss of a baby but it is a consideration for someone who's only consideration is a wedding and babies.

From what Carlin has shown she seems like a good friend and I do believe that she may not care about the overshadowing of her photos with such a horrific loss. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

On a lighter note:

They did the stupid "all the couples kiss" pose in a picture with all of Carlin's family, and I LOVE how both sets of grandparents were like, "Uhh, no thank you." :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, JillyO said:

On a lighter note:

They did the stupid "all the couples kiss" pose in a picture with all of Carlin's family, and I LOVE how both sets of grandparents were like, "Uhh, no thank you." :laughing-rolling:

Josie and Kelton are right behind Bill and Jane. Kelton is leaning in for a kiss on the cheek and Josie looks like a hostage or something. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Bless Papa Bill and Mama Jane!  I was watching old reruns of "United Bates of America" when I was bored (don't judge too much, LOL!?).  Those poor folks couldn't wait until Gil, Kelly and the kids left their farm when they visited. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Bless Papa Bill and Mama Jane!  I was watching old reruns of "United Bates of America" when I was bored (don't judge too much, LOL!?).  Those poor folks couldn't wait until Gil, Kelly and the kids left their farm when they visited. 

They have never hiden their opinion about having so many grandkids. And not, it was not the famous "you can't have too many flowers". They were clearly horrified when the whole crew went to the farm.

I'm sure it has been very hard for them to watch how every grandkid meant less food for the others. Don't forget Gil and Kelly were really poor. I'm sure Gil has grifted often and his parents were tired of it.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They have never hiden their opinion about having so many grandkids. And not, it was not the famous "you can't have too many flowers". They were clearly horrified when the whole crew went to the farm.

I'm sure it has been very hard for them to watch how every grandkid meant less food for the others. Don't forget Gil and Kelly were really poor. I'm sure Gil has grifted often and his parents were tired of it.

I’m sure his parents were horrified. I think they both worked and his dad was a judge. I have always figured that Zach became a police officer in part because of Papa Bill. Zach seems to be super close to him. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I’m sure his parents were horrified. I think they both worked and his dad was a judge. I have always figured that Zach became a police officer in part because of Papa Bill. Zach seems to be super close to him. 

They do seem to love all the grands and great grands but the Bates kids break something when they visit the farm. It’s probably overwhelming. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

They do seem to love all the grands and great grands but the Bates kids break something when they visit the farm. It’s probably overwhelming. 

My mother came from a largish (not 19 kids) family with a bunch of siblings. Her mother and father were both from rather small families by comparison (one or two siblings each). With my grandmother's family, her parents would invite my mom or siblings out one or maybe two at a time. All of the children were not invited or welcome at the same time (different coasts so they could do that). They also put their feet down about helping my grandparents financially, as they didn't see my grandfather putting forth much effort for such a large family. My grandfather's family lived in the same town. But from my understanding, they would come visit my mother and her siblings. They weren't invited over to the grandparents' house as a group for the very reason that they broke stuff and it was too crowded. 

Most larger families I know would invite Papa Bill and all to their home for holidays and visits, as they wouldn't want to be a burden or inconvenience the grandparents. Even after my mother and her siblings grew up, my grandparents had separate events on holidays so that all 20+ of the grandchildren weren't in the house at the same time. Some went Christmas Eve and others on Christmas Day. We had big family get togethers with all the cousins at state parks and things like that. But I can't imagine converging on someone's house and basically taking over. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Papa Bill and Jane couldn't stand spending the holidays at  the crowded, chaotic, feral dining, up-all-night scene at the Bates. 

I understand that--I have some close family members that I dearly love, but their house is so crowded, littered with toys, and smelly (thanks to lax  cleaning habits and an old, incontinent dog) that I'd rather host them than vice versa. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I don't blame them. Seeing how the kids behave in their own house, grandparents house on BUB and Alyssa's when she was setting up for Allie's birthday I can completely understand being happy when they left. No matter how much they love their grandchildren it can't be easy having 19 unmanned, obnoxious kids running through you house who are also uneducated, brainwashed, filled with all that cult crap, while marrying young and popping out kids like crazy, and smug 'tudes. They have to also know how badly Gil and Kelly have failed and messed up their kids.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Some of those over the top filmed episodes are likely hyperbolized and sensationalised for television. 

I absolutely think they exaggerate for tv. However I think they are likely a chaotic, loud, pain in the butt type of group when they all visit their home at once. 

Gil’s parents remind me of Jimmy Lee Duggar. He also thought his son had way too many kids. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I absolutely think they exaggerate for tv. However I think they are likely a chaotic, loud, pain in the butt type of group when they all visit their home at once. 

Gil’s parents remind me of Jimmy Lee Duggar. He also thought his son had way too many kids. 

I believe in choice, but I also believe in common sense, doing the best you can for your kids and supporting your own. No 2 people can adquately and healthfully care for 19 children, and themselves, as the day is never longer than 24 hours long. JL and Bill were right.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I believe in choice, but I also believe in common sense, doing the best you can for your kids and supporting your own. No 2 people can adquately and healthfully care for 19 children, and themselves, as the day is never longer than 24 hours long. JL, Bill, and Jane were right.

FTFY because Jane definitely doesn’t seem impressed or pleased either. She’s very close with Alyssa, but if I remember right she’s mentioned something on film about how overwhelming and chaotic her son’s family can be.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

FTFY because Jane definitely doesn’t seem impressed or pleased either. She’s very close with Alyssa, but if I remember right she’s mentioned something on film about how overwhelming and chaotic her son’s family can be.

I bet Alyssa likes bringing her family to visit her grandparents without the rest of the family there. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Carlin is eating ice in Evans insta story..... I seem to remember doing that when I was in a certain condition.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Naughty&nice said:

Carlin is eating ice in Evans insta story..... I seem to remember doing that when I was in a certain condition.

I know people hate the speculation but earlier this week I was looking at her insta and thought the same thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I watched it and she seems to be just goofing around and licking the ice cube. But I would never be shocked by a Bates being pregnant.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

While it would surprise no one if she were pregnant, a desire to eat ice is one sign of anemia. I am anemic and when I start feeling compelled to eat ice, I know my iron is low.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

While it would surprise no one if she were pregnant, a desire to eat ice is one sign of anemia. I am anemic and when I start feeling compelled to eat ice, I know my iron is low.

It is but weirdly I have craved ice during all of my pregnancies and I haven’t had any anemia issues during them. Pregnancy is weird. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic