IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

@OyToTheVey the country goes up to 10 if you also count Sierra's one and Cousin Amy...all between October and February with a high peak on November.. geez is gonna be a busy winter this year. 

I wonder how we will manage in Nov, will we broke Fj once again? Like with Nurthans courtship announce? 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

So how many does that make in the Duggar/Bates baby zone? 8? That’s a lot of fucking babies born within a few months span. 

I agree it’s pretty riduculous. The more these fundies get married, the more this will happen. Trace will probably get married in 2020. That’s yet another couple that will be announcing a pregnancy every 18 months.

• Upvote 8

I can't help feel more sorry for Joy, I'm sure she will obviously be happy that her best friend is pregnant but it's another announcement so soon after the loss of Annabell. Carlin was a great support to Joy and I hope he told her before it was announced everywhere.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Yes Joy congratulated Carlin on her post, and Carlin said "love you, Joy! We are so excited and nervous! Give me all the tips!" 

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Carlin made more jokey comments about being a parent to the other Duggars/Bates who commented, and only mentioned nerves to Joy. I don't think she necessarily means nervous about a healthy pregnancy, but she could. 

Also Lauren, "Growing a little life is truly a miracle!" ? I mean, it may be, but she also seems to always make everyone else's news about her.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Funny to come to FJ and see this thread isn't hot - I'm almost surprised but then again at this point there's nothing exciting about yet another young fundie impregnated 2 seconds after the wedding.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

The long term question will be whether injections are worth it to get the attention being pregnant brings - not that there will be much attention to go around in a few years when there is a Bates/Duggar pregnancy/birth announcement practically every week.

• Upvote 3

On 8/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, VelociRapture said:

As a former NICU mom, thank you for this. Our daughter was kept warm during her week in NICU thanks to the blankets and hats that volunteers like you lovingly made for the babies to use. We actually still have two of the hats she used while there (they look so small now!) and just looking at them makes my husband and I remember how loved and well cared for we felt during that time. 

I just buried mine in a box, but hey, who gives a fuck, right, i just want babies to die, apparently.

• Move Along 6
  • Fuck You 7
  • Downvote 14
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 6

Aside from the photo shoot I actually thought this announcement was low-key for Carlin. Pretending to be a 30 year old in a 20 year old's body is Josie's forte and I think she has really paved the way for Carlin. The Carlin we've watched growing up on TV is obnoxious and loud. This is too understated for her.

• Upvote 7

53 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

Aside from the photo shoot I actually thought this announcement was low-key for Carlin. Pretending to be a 30 year old in a 20 year old's body is Josie's forte and I think she has really paved the way for Carlin. The Carlin we've watched growing up on TV is obnoxious and loud. This is too understated for her.

In fact, Carlin's home decoration  is not what I expected her to set. Don't get me wrong, I think the house is nice and tasteful, but also very neutral/classy looking for the Carlin we know. Her wedding was very neutral/classy, too, which surprised me a bit. Maybe she's trying to look more mature, but maybe she's being herself (AKA less obnoxious) now that she's "free". 

• Upvote 7

Maybe this is low key announcement but will the gender reveal be? Should we run a tab on what we think it will be. Possible in the baby naming thread or do we only have that for Duggar’s? 

• Upvote 3

Should we take bets on an -aden or -axton name for a boy or -lyn or -ly for a girl?  There's nothing wrong at all with names like that (I'm still in the "jury's out" group for Amy and Dillon's baby name), but I'm thinking she might follow trends or her sisters' baby name choices.  I could be completely wrong and she might choose a biblical name like Ruth or Matthew.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think the house looks nice. A bit country home paired with the currently popular 70s retro look. I didn't expect Carlin to remain obnoxious forever but I did not like her attitude in the past. We all have been at some point an obnoxious teenager, so I guess we should allow her to grow up and mature, and leave some of the obnoxiusness behind now that she's married and becoming a mother. ETA: Thinking about it, Tori grates on me more than Carlin does. Maybe I've become a little less snarky of Carlin since she's taken great care of Joy during and after the loss of Annabell.

I'm voting girl and say her name is gonna be Heavenly Joy(ce) to honor Joy Anna. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I'm voting girl and say her name is gonna be Heavenly Joy(ce) to honor Joy Anna. 

I like this this idea but I think it needs to be more tryndy: Heavynli

How many cutsey " Blessed Mommy to be"  tshirts and mugs do you think Carlin has aquired yet?

Also, the future Carvan sex reveal pinterest extravaganza is going to be off the charts extra.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, bal maiden said:

This pregnancy is vexing to me; I just miscarried my baby due Feb 21 next year. I thought I was feeling okay about it, but now knowing Carlin is going to be marking all the milestones I would have been, I think it's going to rub it in for me. 

I'm very, very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family find peace. I will light a candle for your lost angel. ❤️

• Upvote 10
  • Love 7

I saw she was pregnant when someone was snarking on the IG story Joy shared of the post and my first thought was "of fucking course she is." :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3

I see they are going with the story that she learned of her blood clotting disorder/condition at her first appointment. If that was the case, that was playing fast and loose with the statistics. Erin has said her condition was hereditary (an aunt has it) and that it caused early miscarriages (before even 10 weeks). They would have to be extremely bad at math to think that out of 10 girls only one would develop the condition. 

It would be foolish for any of those girls to not be tested prior to becoming sexually active. I also strongly remember an interview or blog post where Kelly Jo said that after learning of Erin's condition that all of the girls were tested, which I thought was a smart move at the time. Miscarriages are hard on a woman physically and emotionally. 

Additionally, the way that they showed it with Erin, she and Chad went for a follow-up appointment after testing. Days or a week had passed. That's when they got the news that it was something treatable. As someone going through a lot of medical testing (including a genetic counselor) at the moment, few conditions can be diagnosed during the same appointment.  Maybe that one can be, but it seems a bit odd and reckless to me. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, bal maiden said:

This pregnancy is vexing to me; I just miscarried my baby due Feb 21 next year. I thought I was feeling okay about it, but now knowing Carlin is going to be marking all the milestones I would have been, I think it's going to rub it in for me. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sending healing thoughts your way.  ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I see they are going with the story that she learned of her blood clotting disorder/condition at her first appointment. If that was the case, that was playing fast and loose with the statistics. Erin has said her condition was hereditary (an aunt has it) and that it caused early miscarriages (before even 10 weeks). They would have to be extremely bad at math to think that out of 10 girls only one would develop the condition. 

It would be foolish for any of those girls to not be tested prior to becoming sexually active. I also strongly remember an interview or blog post where Kelly Jo said that after learning of Erin's condition that all of the girls were tested, which I thought was a smart move at the time. Miscarriages are hard on a woman physically and emotionally. 

Additionally, the way that they showed it with Erin, she and Chad went for a follow-up appointment after testing. Days or a week had passed. That's when they got the news that it was something treatable. As someone going through a lot of medical testing (including a genetic counselor) at the moment, few conditions can be diagnosed during the same appointment.  Maybe that one can be, but it seems a bit odd and reckless to me. 

I also remember Kelly saying that, and i think Carlin has known since them. And if you think about it doesnt make sense for them to risk a misscarriage when its preventable and they think its equivalent to a born baby death.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I see they are going with the story that she learned of her blood clotting disorder/condition at her first appointment. If that was the case, that was playing fast and loose with the statistics. Erin has said her condition was hereditary (an aunt has it) and that it caused early miscarriages (before even 10 weeks).

It would be foolish for any of those girls to not be tested prior to becoming sexually active. I also strongly remember an interview or blog post where Kelly Jo said that after learning of Erin's condition that all of the girls were tested

Additionally, the way that they showed it with Erin, she and Chad went for a follow-up appointment after testing. Days or a week had passed. That's when they got the news that it was something treatable.

I'm sure theyre just telling the story that way to make it more click-bait-y. I do think all the older girls have been tested, and that the 3 little girls will when they're adults - the Bates have never shied from medical testing/interventions when it comes to Babies for Jesus. I'm sure at Carlin's first prenatal appt is when she and Evan were taught to administer the heparin shots. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

You even test for factor V Leiden (i guess that's what she has?) before you prescribe the pill an there is a family history (not even talking siblings).

Multiple siblings have it as we know- the docs would have told them to inform relatives

With them believing conception begins at birth it would be reckless.

Yep, clickbait.

Edited by squiddysquid
hell, our Gyn Prof told us to get to get tested even without a family history if we think about taking the pill - blood clot risk is high - a friend had a stroke at 20 because of it - test is like 15$
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, Jody said:

I just buried mine in a box, but hey, who gives a fuck, right, i just want babies to die, apparently.

I know I should just let this go, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Not only are you trying to disrupt different threads, now you attack the mother of a baby born early? Fuck you, @Jody and more importantly, fuck off. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

And yet another poor child to be born into this evil cult. No child deserves that. Give 'em hell and break away Baby Stewart. I hope you and all children born into this cult will grow up to be strong-willed, free-thinking individuals.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

On 9/4/2019 at 6:15 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

I can't help feel more sorry for Joy, I'm sure she will obviously be happy that her best friend is pregnant but it's another announcement so soon after the loss of Annabell. Carlin was a great support to Joy and I hope he told her before it was announced everywhere.

Depending on how far along Carlin is (I may . have missed the due date?) It is possible that she knew she was pregnant and shared with Joy even before her loss. I mean, she is one of her closest friends and based on pregnancy rumors it seems to me they share with their family and close friends much earlier (which makes total sense). I also hope that she had a chance to tell Joy quietly and privately.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic