IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

30 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

So I read Lori's post about Abbie's article (Working Once the Children are in School Full Time) and it stuck with me for a few days. It bugged me for a reason that I couldn't figure out.

Then today, it hit me.

Missing is any realization that life may have changed for them. We don't know the state of the marriage - perhaps Abbie's mom was fearful of a divorce or separation and wanted to be prepared. We don't know the family financial situation - perhaps her father received a pay cut. We don't know if the market took a dive and caused them to fear they wouldn't have enough for retirement. Perhaps there was a major medical expense. Or hey, maybe Abbie's mother wanted a change in her life.

My point is this: Abbie solely blames having to take more responsibility as a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT on her mother returning to the work force.

She takes nothing about her mother's situation (parents situation?) into this.

This is why I struggle with Lori's "teachings" when they influence women like this.

At the end of the day, we all do the best we can and should try to should others grace because they are probably doing the same thing.

Lori and company believe that women who work to help provide financially are few and far between (with an undercurrent that suggests the men need to do a better job as provider). In their minds, the majority of women who work could stay home if they budgeted better, lived within their means, and weren’t after material things. The men who support women working are all materialistic, and both man and woman have bought into the feminist mindset (insert huge eye roll here). 

Its tiresome, lacks grace, and twists scripture. They’ve added to the Word and they are some of the most haughty and meddlesome women I have ever come across. They’ve created space for MRA’s, misogynists, incels, etc. They exemplify why people are walking away from the church.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Going back to the recycled post on why women "falsely believe they can say no to being intimate with their husband"

Buried in all the comments, one commenter says (talking about Lori) "clearly this lady must have an unsatisfying sex life."  

The ever gallant Ken can't take that one lying down jumps in and said this: " I beg to differ and ought to know. That's pretty unkind. Someone can teach others without having all their faults and problems. For that matter, aren't those the best teachers? With a little true life experience and wisdom like this lady... my wife?"   

Ken wouldn't want people to think he's a bad lover! ?

I doubt either one of them have had that insane, hot, toe-curling, "hot monkey sex". I also doubt Ken could find a clitoris with neon signs and a map. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

@Frog99, it must be nice to be Lori and just know ALL the answers. About everything.

When I began teaching, I had very preconceived ideas about parenting.

5 years later in a variety of school settings, I have come to realize that my cultural values are no greater than anyone else's. I no longer question any one else's parenting style (short of clear, outright abuse of course) because it isn't up to me. Almost every parent whose child I have had is simply doing the very best that they can in whatever situation they find themselves.

It isn't black and white.

Lori, grow up. Realize that the world is complicated.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume men in these circles would never even consider a paraplegic, or a woman with dystrophy, or who was medically incapable of having children. So if the unthinkable (in their world) happened after marriage.... one of those scenarios... Is that grounds for divorce then? What if she's incapable of having traditional sex ever again? Is she doomed to a life of alternate sex acts that she may or my not be comfortable doing? 

Or, let me guess, if you have MS, dystrophy, or are incapable of using your lower body... its clearly a punishment from God.  Ugghh. Why do I even let these questions form in my head?! 

I must be high from staining the floor earlier. 

• Upvote 14

@Imrlgoddess Jill rods’ sister was paralyzed in a car accident. Her husband is still with her. So maybe that’s not grounds for divorce. Doesn’t mean that’s how it is for all. 

• Upvote 9

From what I observed in my church and in reading others' stories later, disability prior to or during marriage is not a disqualifier at all for fundie marriage.  More so it's not a disqualifier for men than women (though there are some notable exceptions, like Joni Eareckson Tada) from what I've seen.   Women I think are assumed to not need sex as much so it's not a big deal if they are "called" to be with a partner who can't have sex in the penis in vagina way (not that that is the end all be all of a satisfying sex life--it's not--and yes I know there are many people with great sex lives after a disability, I know a lot of them.)  If at any time a man might be denied penis in vagina sex by his spouse then I think he is given broad leeway to break up the marriage or stray (and I know of at least one couple while I was in the church that the man was given a lot of shit for staying in a situation /by his own choice and it was what he wanted/ where he would not be able to have penetrative sex with his partner anymore.  It's pretty sad.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

if the unthinkable (in their world) happened after marriage.... one of those scenarios... Is that grounds for divorce then? What if she's incapable of having traditional sex ever again?

"Evangelist" Pat Robertson thinks it's ok for a person to divorce a spouse with Alzheimers: 

I don't know... I've heard stories of people who went to the nursing home every single day to visit their spouses because they wanted to be with them.  They didn't go out of duty or because of what their spouse might give them, but because they wanted to spend time with this person they loved so dearly.  I mean, just look at that couple in minute 2! He goes to the nursing home every night, climbs in bed with her and sings to her. How incredibly sweet is that? 

In fundieland, a woman would be judged for leaving her husband, that's for sure. 

9 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Its tiresome, lacks grace, and twists scripture. They’ve added to the Word and they are some of the most haughty and meddlesome women I have ever come across. They’ve created space for MRA’s, misogynists, incels, etc. They exemplify why people are walking away from the church.

This is the best description of Lori's "ministry".

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

On 6/8/2019 at 10:08 AM, wallysmommy said:

Y'all they have gone way overboard TMI on the IG on sex.  One woman posted how her husband's penis is too large to just pop it in for a quickie, and that Prudently at Home loves quickies.  What is wrong with these people that they'll put personal information out all over the Internet for strangers to read?  Share it with your bff if you must share, not the whole world.  And these fangirls are who Lori refers to as godly modest women.  I don't think the Bible ever refers to quickies or big dicks.

We were getting the poverty olympics.  Now it's the sex olympics.

bbm: Let me introduce you to Ezekiel 23:20, then. 

She remembered her lover with the penis like a donkey and a flood of semen like a horse.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, Briefly said:

A proud look.  Check that off the list, Lori.  A lying tongue.  Yeah, pretty sure you can check that off as well.  I don't necessarily have any reason to think you've shed innocent blood.  But your heart has certainly deviseth-ed wicked imaginations, which goes along with false witness/lies and yes, you have soweth-ed discord among brethren and also non brethren.  

“Shed innocent blood” could sadly be tied to exhorting abused women to remain with their abuser and deleting comments that provide a suicide hotline number.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

@polecat I forgot about that one.  I can thank FJers for introducing it to me.  Maybe that can be added as number 4 of Lori's favorite scriptures.  

Those KJV monks must have had a great time translating that scripture.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I think the post Lori made today is so important- especially now that she's trying to get her "study guide" out to churches, so that she'll have an even larger audience/reach.  

When you're taking advice from someone, you should know who that person is.  Today, Lori tells you who she is.

In her post, Lori says:

We are too quick to label behavior abusive, too. 

This is interesting coming from Lori.  Why?  Because she has admitted that she hit her husband, and immediately followed it with the assertion that she's not abusive.

She has further stated that a "good" husband can hit his wife once, and not be considered abusive. (Don't bother, Ken.  I've got screen shots).  

All of that to say, Lori's readers need to know that she does not consider hitting abusive, a disqualifier for being a "good" spouse, or grounds for divorce.  

Again, I have screen shots of her saying all of those things.

She continues:

Some may be in difficult marriages but their husbands aren’t truly abusing them. 

Many of the women I mentored told me they were being abused but once I began mentoring them, I could see that they really were not. 

Notice that LORI gets to define abuse.  Not the person in the situation.  Lori.  A random woman on the internet. 

Of course, she has a vested interested in not labeling hitting as abusive.  If she did, she'd have to admit that she herself IS an abuser.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 2

The alter ego responded to Prudently on the IG page about her quickies.  Let's see how long before it's deleted and Mary is blocked.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Of course, she has a vested interested in not labeling hitting as abusive.  If she did, she'd have to admit that she herself IS an abuser.

She (and Ken) spanked a toddler for over 4 hours because the kid spilled some raisins, and I'm sure that's not the worst physical punishment she inflicted on her kids. She has admitted to hitting Ken. She frequently speaks of wanting to spank random women she sees wearing thongs on the beach. She tried to KICK her CAT. 

And currently, she gets off on hurting other women looking to her for advice. She recommends they stay in abusive relationships. She insists they don't work, even if their families are hungry. She advises no birth control ever, even if the woman has been told further pregnancies could hurt or kill her.

Lori Alexander is absolutely an abuser.

Also, wow. I now know more about the sex lives of these "discreet, godly women" than I know about Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson's. After watching their video. Lori and her followers are so MODEST, y'all. Paragons of modesty, talking about their husbands endowments and how much they like quickies, and Lori with her "ten minutes and lube".

• Upvote 22

On 6/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, polecat said:

Oh oh oh! This is like those old sermon illustrations about how those good Christian kids were tempted to listen to "rock tapes" just that once, and then they had dreadful car accidents, and when the police pulled up, sure enough, Alice Cooper was blaring out of the 8-track (or some such nonsense). Every. Single. Pastor. during the 80s had one of these tall tales, and they ALL knew that "precious Christian family" personally. 

/thathappened

Wait....I think I know this one....Oh yeah! It's the plot of Footloose!

OMG, I can't believe the pastors tried to pass these events off as a personal friend. 

footloose.jpg.1e9759e90c96312a43e9d9ed4e3ae927.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

"For all who despise what I teach" - ok - that would be me - so her doodle today is aimed at me?

The rest of it is just wrong assumptions about WHY I despise what she teaches.  I despise her teaching because it twists Scripture into something false.

A good Christian woman can be seeking after Jesus and at the same time work unto the Lord outside the home. She can go to college and seek to live a life of righteousness at the same time.  None of your propositions are mutually exclusive to faith and Godliness.

Lori - you are the mouthpiece of Satan because you have taken a poor translation "keepers at home" is NOT what you think it means in the Greek text - nor in any other translation besides your errant KJV only text.  You measure women as Christians not by the fruit of the Spirit (which is what Scripture does), but by legalistic conformity to your ridiculous eisogetical rules that ARE NOT BIBLICAL.

You don't seem to comprehend what it is to have an identity, let alone an identity in Christ.  All you can comprehend is very childlike "roles".  This tells me that you have not grown up in your faith.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was start my day with a prayer, as I do each morning - that the Spirit of God would fill me with each breath, that Jesus would help me know His love for me is real in such a way that I may demonstrate love to others.  I asked for extra measures of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control because the people I work with are aliens and outcasts.  I work with them at their most vulnerable.  They are scared and desperate for themselves and their children. Some have had their former homes destroyed by war.  Some will never see their family again because to do so would result in their deaths.  Lori - you want to tell me again how my job is "about chasing cars, money, houses, vacations, and degrees but not so much the things of God that leads to holiness"?

I take seriously Matthew 5-7 - including these snippets "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God"  "In the same way let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.  Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" "Watch out for false prophets.  They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.  By their fruit you will recognize them."

So once again, I will ask you - which of us is false?  The one who seeks every day to grow in grace and show the fruits of the Spirit, including in my workplace, or you, who sits isolated at your computer and condemns women you do not know for their pursuit of Godliness in college, the workplace, schools, voting, social justice, government, science, and yes, even our marriages which embrace sexual consent.  

Quite frankly, Lori, you need to deal with your heresy.  Are you even active in a church?  Do you have accountability for your theology and teaching apart from an indifferent Ken?  How can you teach when you are openly in rebellion to authorities within the church?  (who, in spiritual matters, outrank your husband, by the way).  You know nothing of submission.  You know nothing of love.  You know nothing of a vibrant, deep spiritual relationship with God.  You have lost your any saltiness or light you may have had, and now simply drive people away from God and to a pale form of religion instead of true faith.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 24

Boom -- MaryMagdelene123 has been blocked for calling Prudently out on broadcasting about her morning quickies.  Hypocrites to the thousandth power.  ?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, refugee said:

“Shed innocent blood” could sadly be tied to exhorting abused women to remain with their abuser and deleting comments that provide a suicide hotline number.

I'd forgotten about that.  I want to change my original comment to include that yes, she could well be considered guilty of shedding innocent blood.  

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I think the post Lori made today is so important- especially now that she's trying to get her "study guide" out to churches, so that she'll have an even larger audience/reach.  

When you're taking advice from someone, you should know who that person is.  Today, Lori tells you who she is.

In her post, Lori says:

This is interesting coming from Lori.  Why?  Because she has admitted that she hit her husband, and immediately followed it with the assertion that she's not abusive.

She has further stated that a "good" husband can hit his wife once, and not be considered abusive. (Don't bother, Ken.  I've got screen shots).  

All of that to say, Lori's readers need to know that she does not consider hitting abusive, a disqualifier for being a "good" spouse, or grounds for divorce.  

Again, I have screen shots of her saying all of those things.

She continues:

Notice that LORI gets to define abuse.  Not the person in the situation.  Lori.  A random woman on the internet. 

And while we're on the subject of abuse, this comment by a man named Michael Thorne (I'm naming names on purpose here) was liked by Lori:

Women always want to talk about abuse as if it's some excuse to disobey God. Not that I'm for abuse, but good grief, Jesus said if a man hits your right cheek, turn to him the left. They always think that Being a Christian should always be fun and happy. If my wife abuses me and treats me like trash, I am still required to Love her Loving her is not because of her but because I love God and want to please him. 

Being a Christian is going to be full of sorrow and sadness. Just as Jesus had himself. 

These women should stop looking at themselves and start looking at Jesus. And what is commanded in the Bible. 

We are commanded to serve and obey him even unto death.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 10

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

(quoting Michael Thorn:) Not that I'm for abuse, but

Oh, hell to the no. This is like "I'm not racist/sexist/anti-Semitic, but" -- nothing good is going to come after the "but". Close mouth, open eyes and ears.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

96780FE2-661C-4DF3-8F47-D1E8EA944E7C.thumb.png.eea4b0524ecc71f2aef96311ab88c302.png

Lori wouldn’t know what constitutes as abuse if it bit her on the nose. I love how a simple question of what’s abuse turns into marital rape wasn’t in this story. 

Spoiler

D76A70A8-EF45-4295-9D8C-D6E9F94750F1.thumb.png.ffbf8296e0f8a2b69c024a36faa79538.png

Lori still hasn’t answered the question. I’ll answer it for you. Go with your gut. Abuse can be physical and emotional. 

If withholding affection is abuse than so is forcing someone to have sex with you that doesn’t really want to. 

Lori if marital rape doesn’t exist, and you believe you are 100% right, then why do you have to keep defending it? Are you just feeling guilt and that’s why you keep bringing it up?  That’s what you say working women do about your post. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

She (and Ken) spanked a toddler for over 4 hours because the kid spilled some raisins, and I'm sure that's not the worst physical punishment she inflicted on her kids. She has admitted to hitting Ken. She frequently speaks of wanting to spank random women she sees wearing thongs on the beach. She tried to KICK her CAT. 

She and Ken have admitted to doing the 4  hour thing "once" with each of their four children and that they never again had a problem with their joyful, godly children.  It is sickening to see this.  She has said many times that children (babies, really) have a strong selfish will that must be broken.   This whole scenario of beating/hitting/inflicting PAIN on a baby (she did it to her infants while nursing, while changing their diapers (if they squirmed around, she smacked them).  she used a foot long flexible leather belt.  Any idea how f******  painful that is and she advised women to do it hard and harder.

She is a massively evil b**** who gets off on inflicting pain.  She did it to her babies/infants/toddlers/children and they could not even understand why!   It takes an evil person .. both of them went at their kids ... each one ... for 4 hour rounds.  These are sick, evil, twisted people.  It is amazing that both she and Ken were never outed by anyone.  They should  have had CPS visit because in 4 hours time, you have GOT to inflict MARKS and bruises on those babies.  They call it spanking, but it is not even hitting ... Hell, it is abuse. 

When abusers can no longer inflict physical pain, they move on to inflict verbal and emotional pain.  Lori does it all the time with her so-called "following".  Anyone with a sense of decency and an ounce of compassion gets banned and/or leaves.  What remains are those who are sick (indoctrinated) into her sick, hateful views on so many things.

How can she say she is Godly?  She is the opposite of Jesus and what He preached.  Love thy neighbor as thyself ... and she breaks that one on a daily basis.  

Makes me sick.  Easier to think that Lori is a very sick person in serious need of psychological help ... but in reality ... she is evil.  She does not love, she does not care.  She has no compassion and empathy.  She just thinks she is obeying the rules.  Her god (made in her own image) is one who hates, and whom she fears.  She confuses fear with respect and love. Nope.  No way.  

To top it off, she reads Scripture literally, gets it wrong, adds to it and argues about what is not in Scripture.  How can you argue one way or another about the absence of something?  Illogical, twisted and crazy.

I found this article about Evangelical Chrianity so helpful: 

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/freelancechristianity/when-christianity-becomes-an-angry-and-fearful-faith/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Progressive+Christian&utm_content=43

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 8

Her post today is a passive aggressive stab over a dispute in the chatroom. I can't share the shots here just know that someone spoke up that abuse can happen and this is Lori's retaliation.  She got the last word in and then shut off comments in her room.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12

Dunno about anyone else, and I might be just be doing the BEC thing here, but Deanna is pissing me off with her YASHUA HAMASHIAC bullshit, and random ALL CAPS. Like she's sooooo holy and all, that the commonly used name of Jesus isn't good enough for her to use? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

From dear Flicka:

“It depends on what is most valuable to a woman....love or a paycheck. Status or love. Freedom from the home or love. It is almost impossible to get close to anyone when we are stretched to the max. Of course women that fear closeness will run in many directions. I choose love and closeness.”

How about the fact that I work because I love my husband and children, and I refuse to let him work himself into an early grave? I am close to my husband and children, and I have some close relationships I’ve established at work. Stretched to the max? Meh. Just because you equate working out of the home as being stressed to the max doesn’t mean we all do. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

"For all who despise what I teach" - ok - that would be me - so her doodle today is aimed at me?

The rest of it is just wrong assumptions about WHY I despise what she teaches.  I despise her teaching because it twists Scripture into something false.

A good Christian woman can be seeking after Jesus and at the same time work unto the Lord outside the home. She can go to college and seek to live a life of righteousness at the same time.  None of your propositions are mutually exclusive to faith and Godliness.

Lori - you are the mouthpiece of Satan because you have taken a poor translation "keepers at home" is NOT what you think it means in the Greek text - nor in any other translation besides your errant KJV only text.  You measure women as Christians not by the fruit of the Spirit (which is what Scripture does), but by legalistic conformity to your ridiculous eisogetical rules that ARE NOT BIBLICAL.

You don't seem to comprehend what it is to have an identity, let alone an identity in Christ.  All you can comprehend is very childlike "roles".  This tells me that you have not grown up in your faith.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was start my day with a prayer, as I do each morning - that the Spirit of God would fill me with each breath, that Jesus would help me know His love for me is real in such a way that I may demonstrate love to others.  I asked for extra measures of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control because the people I work with are aliens and outcasts.  I work with them at their most vulnerable.  They are scared and desperate for themselves and their children. Some have had their former homes destroyed by war.  Some will never see their family again because to do so would result in their deaths.  Lori - you want to tell me again how my job is "about chasing cars, money, houses, vacations, and degrees but not so much the things of God that leads to holiness"?

I take seriously Matthew 5-7 - including these snippets "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God"  "In the same way let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.  Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" "Watch out for false prophets.  They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.  By their fruit you will recognize them."

So once again, I will ask you - which of us is false?  The one who seeks every day to grow in grace and show the fruits of the Spirit, including in my workplace, or you, who sits isolated at your computer and condemns women you do not know for their pursuit of Godliness in college, the workplace, schools, voting, social justice, government, science, and yes, even our marriages which embrace sexual consent.  

Quite frankly, Lori, you need to deal with your heresy.  Are you even active in a church?  Do you have accountability for your theology and teaching apart from an indifferent Ken?  How can you teach when you are openly in rebellion to authorities within the church?  (who, in spiritual matters, outrank your husband, by the way).  You know nothing of submission.  You know nothing of love.  You know nothing of a vibrant, deep spiritual relationship with God.  You have lost your any saltiness or light you may have had, and now simply drive people away from God and to a pale form of religion instead of true faith.

What a beautiful answer. I'm an athiest but I'm always interested in what makes people who they are, what drives them. It's clear that you truly feel the light of your god and that you're a better person for it. More than that, you make the world a better place by practicing your faith through acts of love and kindness. You and Lori aren't even the same species.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic