IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

8 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

"For all who despise what I teach" - ok - that would be me - so her doodle today is aimed at me?

The rest of it is just wrong assumptions about WHY I despise what she teaches.  I despise her teaching because it twists Scripture into something false.

A good Christian woman can be seeking after Jesus and at the same time work unto the Lord outside the home. She can go to college and seek to live a life of righteousness at the same time.  None of your propositions are mutually exclusive to faith and Godliness.

Lori - you are the mouthpiece of Satan because you have taken a poor translation "keepers at home" is NOT what you think it means in the Greek text - nor in any other translation besides your errant KJV only text.  You measure women as Christians not by the fruit of the Spirit (which is what Scripture does), but by legalistic conformity to your ridiculous eisogetical rules that ARE NOT BIBLICAL.

You don't seem to comprehend what it is to have an identity, let alone an identity in Christ.  All you can comprehend is very childlike "roles".  This tells me that you have not grown up in your faith.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was start my day with a prayer, as I do each morning - that the Spirit of God would fill me with each breath, that Jesus would help me know His love for me is real in such a way that I may demonstrate love to others.  I asked for extra measures of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control because the people I work with are aliens and outcasts.  I work with them at their most vulnerable.  They are scared and desperate for themselves and their children. Some have had their former homes destroyed by war.  Some will never see their family again because to do so would result in their deaths.  Lori - you want to tell me again how my job is "about chasing cars, money, houses, vacations, and degrees but not so much the things of God that leads to holiness"?

I take seriously Matthew 5-7 - including these snippets "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God"  "In the same way let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.  Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" "Watch out for false prophets.  They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.  By their fruit you will recognize them."

So once again, I will ask you - which of us is false?  The one who seeks every day to grow in grace and show the fruits of the Spirit, including in my workplace, or you, who sits isolated at your computer and condemns women you do not know for their pursuit of Godliness in college, the workplace, schools, voting, social justice, government, science, and yes, even our marriages which embrace sexual consent.  

Quite frankly, Lori, you need to deal with your heresy.  Are you even active in a church?  Do you have accountability for your theology and teaching apart from an indifferent Ken?  How can you teach when you are openly in rebellion to authorities within the church?  (who, in spiritual matters, outrank your husband, by the way).  You know nothing of submission.  You know nothing of love.  You know nothing of a vibrant, deep spiritual relationship with God.  You have lost your any saltiness or light you may have had, and now simply drive people away from God and to a pale form of religion instead of true faith.

This!  A 1,000 times ... thank you so much for writing it!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

Did anyone else see this in the comments on Lori's doodle today and want to scream?  A woman whose husband leaves her isn't a victim?  I would have given this Ali a piece of my mind.

scream.thumb.JPG.94f1b7f958b34ee5eaf09121e9e31622.JPG

• Angry 6
  • WTF 18
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Did anyone else see this in the comments on Lori's doodle today and want to scream?  A woman whose husband leaves her isn't a victim?  I would have given this Ali a piece of my mind.

I did see it and took a screen shot. Doesn’t matter why she is a single mom. Had kids out of wedlock? Doesn’t matter. Cheated on your husband and he left? Doesn’t matter. God is all about forgiveness. Aren’t we supposed to forgive 70x7 times? This women is raising her kids alone, for non of anyone’s business reasons. She is being scrutinized by “Christians” for having to work outside of the home. That’s not Christ like at all. Jesus never spoke about women not working outside of the home. I feel sorry for this mother. I hope someone reaches out to her and tells her she is doing a great job and points her in the direction of a true godly older women to mentor her. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Ali is a fucking bitch. She is like an annoying yapping little dog. She also stated today that if you didn't believe all the crap Lori peddles then you are practicing witchcraft. She seems to spend a ton of time online and I get the feeling that, like Lori, her world is very limited and she has zero real-life friends.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Alisamer said:

She (and Ken) spanked a toddler for over 4 hours because the kid spilled some raisins, and I'm sure that's not the worst physical punishment she inflicted on her kids. She has admitted to hitting Ken. She frequently speaks of wanting to spank random women she sees wearing thongs on the beach. She tried to KICK her CAT. 

And currently, she gets off on hurting other women looking to her for advice. She recommends they stay in abusive relationships. She insists they don't work, even if their families are hungry. She advises no birth control ever, even if the woman has been told further pregnancies could hurt or kill her.

Lori Alexander is absolutely an abuser.

Also, wow. I now know more about the sex lives of these "discreet, godly women" than I know about Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson's. After watching their video. Lori and her followers are so MODEST, y'all. Paragons of modesty, talking about their husbands endowments and how much they like quickies, and Lori with her "ten minutes and lube".

I started watching the "Call the Midwife" series on Netflix and watched Season 2: Episode 1 (The Christmas Special) today. I am a history nut and have studied the workhouse era of England. Every time Lori yammers on about those good old Victorian days I shake my head because she assumes she would have had the same privilege then, that she has experienced her whole life. She doesn't understand that she could just as likely have been one of those souls who were poor and indigent. 

This particular episode was very moving and I found myself a bit weepy as I watched the characters lovingly care for Mrs Jenkins - a woman who lived in unimaginable poverty. The tenderness that was given in bathing her was beautiful. Mrs. Jenkins represented the poor and the vulnerable. I couldn't help but think about how Lori would never, ever, ever help to bathe a woman in such pitiful condition, never mind give her dignity while doing so.

Lori's version of Christianity is wretched and void of love and compassion. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

@AuntKrazy, your whole post is excellent and spot-on. For a Christian like myself who is working on her faith and who wants to actually follow Jesus, your post is like a glass of fresh water.  I want to comment on this: 

16 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

You measure women as Christians not by the fruit of the Spirit (which is what Scripture does), but by legalistic conformity to your ridiculous eisogetical rules that ARE NOT BIBLICAL.

You don't seem to comprehend what it is to have an identity, let alone an identity in Christ.  All you can comprehend is very childlike "roles".  This tells me that you have not grown up in your faith.

because I have sought for words to explain what is so wrong with this idea that we fulfill "roles" in life.  Lori is not the only person who teaches this legalistic conformity to roles above understanding our identity in Christ.  Lori, like many, will tell you that she believes we are saved by grace, through faith in Jesus, but she teaches something else.  She will tell you that we are free from the bondage of sin, but she teaches that women are inherently more cursed than men and it takes more than trusting Jesus to break free from that bondage. It takes adherence to a strict role. Since adherence to that role is viewed as more important than seeking our life in Jesus, that's what she teaches. 

Along these lines, you have the teaching about marriage being an image of Jesus and the Church, even a witness of this relationship to the watching world.  As they teach this, and inevitably focus more on a wife's role to "be submissive" to her husband, actually following Jesus and his leadership is forgotten.   There's a lot of talk about how husbands are supposed to be the leaders, or else marriage won't work, and forgotten is Jesus, the one who holds the Church together and causes her to grow.

Ah, I could rant on and on!  As an aside, to anyone who loves the Church and is interested in living faith on a daily basis, I highly recommend the book Liturgy Of The Ordinary , by Tish Harrison Warren. It's the free audiobook for this month and you can get it by simply signing up to Christian Audio. 

Here's a quote that fits to the topic: 

“But here's the thing: pretty good people do not need Jesus. He came for the lost. He came for the broken. In his love for us he came to usher us into his foundness and wholeness.” 
― Tish Harrison Warren, Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

It should come as no surprise that Lori “liked” Ali Ch’s comment. Along with that creep Kenneth Shock and some others. 

3CB485CC-55CC-44A2-B8DF-25A9E5022751.png

Also- Mary Katherine Backstrom shared her story about her church experiences on her FB page. (Trigger warnings for abuse and church abuse)

It was real and raw. I suspect Lori and her minions would have responded to what happened in the same way. 

• Upvote 9

While we're on the subject of Ali, Lori 'liked' this comment by her (him? I can't be bothered to go find out):

No disrespect to The Transformed Wife or to God and His Word will be tolerated on this page. If you do not agree, MOVE ON! Nobody's forcing you to be here.....Capisce?

This person has only just recently started to comment on Lori's FB page. Does anyone know if she's a member of the chat room? Is she a moderator on the FB page? Who the hell does she think she is, Tony Soprano? And yet, Lori 'liked' the comment. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

She also stated today that if you didn't believe all the crap Lori peddles then you are practicing witchcraft. 

OK, wait. So working outside the home = witchcraft. Not beating your kids = witchcraft. Not "submitting" to sex any time your husband wants it = witchcraft. Using regular butter and making non-einkorn bread = witchcraft. Doing whatever it takes to keep you and your kids safe and fed, even if it means leaving an abusive husband = witchcraft. Dressing "immodestly" = witchcraft. Sure.

I've got two reactions to that. 1) Lori must be the witchiest witch ever, since she did the opposite of all that stuff she preaches about. (I think replacing those 'w's with 'b' would be more accurate...)

2) Smearing black salve on a sore = not witchcraft! All the random woo = not witchcraft! Those sound a lot like old-time herb lore and similar to me. Which is not witchcraft, but closer to it than any of the things Lori rants about.

Lori and her minions are vile people. It's absolutely impossible to live up to Lori's standards, and she's designed them that way. She didn't even live up to them, when she was the age of the women she's claiming to mentor! If you tell Lori all about your life to show you're doing all she asks, she'll find something - anything - that you are doing wrong. If you are forced to break one of Lori's rules (see the single working mom who posted), they'll find a way to blame you for it. I've actually seen someone like them say that a woman whose husband died should have chosen better before getting married! What?

Lori Alexander doesn't mentor women. She blames them for anything and everything.

Oh and all the witches I've met are really nice, kind people. Totally unlike Lori. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Ali is a fucking bitch. She is like an annoying yapping little dog. She also stated today that if you didn't believe all the crap Lori peddles then you are practicing witchcraft.

she has such a collection of "amazing" fan girls.  Meanest girls ever....don't you all *KNOW* the woman is *ALWAYS* at fault. ALWAYS.....

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

This person has only just recently started to comment on Lori's FB page. Does anyone know if she's a member of the chat room? Is she a moderator on the FB page?

Looking at FB profile or what there is...I'm thinking fake...probably one of the loser men who typically post. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

what's disturbing to me is that the men who comment on the posts on the FB or blog are so disturbing, yet these women do not question their faith over them.

For example, if the men were commenting things like "oh, I always snuggle with my wife and arouse her so that she's no longer ' not in the mood '" or "I would never hold my wife down" or "I always make sure my wife really enjoyed sex too" or "I do know female anatomy and trust me my wife is turned on by my advancements" or "communication about sex is key if you want to have it a lot" or "sometimes I understand where my wife is coming from because I've been really tired too some nights" then it would still be kool-aid drunk fundie husbands missing the point, but at least they would appear to be cherishing and loving their wives. I could see how fundie women might think, oh yes, I have to submit, but no worries, because my husband always ensures we have awesome sex and also respects my wishes most of the time. 

But no, we only get posters claiming marital rape is a myth, women are just claiming victimhood if they think dry, painful sex is abuse, women owe giving sex to men regardless of the circumstance, and that any woman who turns down sex for any reason is a sinner, women should fake pleasure to boost their man's ego, and that men have daily needs that need filled. 

How do women read this and NOT have a tiny crisis of faith? It's SO sad that they have been so beaten down and taught they are worthless and that a husband with a job vs. a slave wife in all ways is an equal trade-off that they don't even somewhat question their beliefs to hear men act/speak this way. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

For example, if the men were commenting things like "oh, I always snuggle with my wife and arouse her so that she's no longer ' not in the mood '" or "I would never hold my wife down" or "I always make sure my wife really enjoyed sex too" or "I do know female anatomy and trust me my wife is turned on by my advancements" or "communication about sex is key if you want to have it a lot" or "sometimes I understand where my wife is coming from because I've been really tired too some nights" then it would still be kool-aid drunk fundie husbands missing the point, but at least they would appear to be cherishing and loving their wives.

And Lori would delete those comments, because she simply cannot allow one human being actually caring about a woman's needs/wishes to interfere with her rigidly applied Law of Lori.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Re: today's FB post about "trusting God with her fertility": what exactly do these people mean?  I know it means don't practice birth control and "let God decide your family size," but where does our God-created reproductive system fit into that?  Do they really believe that every month, God looks over all the women and decides, "you get a baby, you don't get one, and you're pregnant but sorry you're going to lose it this month"? Does He pay no attention to His reproductive system in deciding who gets pregnant?  If so, what was the point of creating it?  And if, as they believe, He is all powerful, can He not overrule birth control and make a woman pregnant if that's what He wants?  It's not "trusting God with your family size," it's "ignoring God's reproductive rules and letting whatever happen."

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Oh and all the witches I've met are really nice, kind people. Totally unlike Lori. 

I agree, I know a couple of them and have never worried about them.  Lori and her ilk?  Yeah, I would be worried if I came across any of them.

@Foursquare, as far as Lori trusting God with her fertility - she was pretty much past childbearing before she suddenly decided that was the way to go.  But of course she isn't a hypocrite, at all...

I am not normally violent.  But I would punch Ali, if I had the chance.  Ali is a name that can be used for either male or female but I've most seen it used for females so I am assuming that Ali is a woman.  But, either way, Ali is a disgusting piece of work.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

The first paragraph of today's post:

"When I got married, I went on birth control. It is “the responsible thing to do.” It is what we are taught to do. Honestly, I had NO IDEA there was even another option. I was told to live life for my dreams, plans, and desires. And I never questioned it. Being raised in a Christian home and going to Bible college, why would I question what was so easily taught and accepted in the church?"

So we're supposed to take the advice of a blind follower with absolutely no ability to question and make choices for herself?

The whole story is an idiotic tale of someone who is unable to make choices on their own but instead bumbles from one bad decision to another. I hope for her sake there is a god watching out for her because I wouldn't trust her to cross the street alone.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Foursquare said:

It's not "trusting God with your family size," it's "ignoring God's reproductive rules and letting whatever happen."

I never understood that argument as well. I always believe that if God gave a complex brain that can discern, discover and invent, then he absolutely wants us to use it.  So women have cycles that are more or less (on average, not everyone) on a pretty routine monthly cycle that we can figure out.  Then why are we just supposed to leave things up to chance, when we were given the brain in the first place.  Same argument with women being told they are "less than"...if we were just meant to be servants having babies, I don't believe we would be given the capacity to think and do more.   It can't be both ways....we were made in Gods image vs. we can't use any of the gifts we were given (intelligence) at all. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

On a different note, for anyone who follows the Duggars, Grandma Mary died suddenly this week. In all the tributes from the Duggar kids (Jessa, Jinger, Jill, cousin Amy)...they are all praising Grandma for being a wonderful wife, grandmother and BUSINESSWOMAN.  Even the Duggar Family Official site listed her achievements in business along with all of her other positive traits.  By all accounts, she was still involved in Real Estate even late in life and maybe recently -- providing guidance and advice.

Lori is always holding up the Duggar family as the ideal (based on what she she's on TV). I wonder what she thinks about this woman who only had 2 children, worked and was still a great mother/grandmother by all accounts.  I may not agree with everything the Duggars believe, but Grandma Duggar is a much better role model and Godly mentor than Lori. Hands done. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The first paragraph of today's post:

"When I got married, I went on birth control. It is “the responsible thing to do.” It is what we are taught to do. Honestly, I had NO IDEA there was even another option. I was told to live life for my dreams, plans, and desires. And I never questioned it. Being raised in a Christian home and going to Bible college, why would I question what was so easily taught and accepted in the church?"

So we're supposed to take the advice of a blind follower with absolutely no ability to question and make choices for herself?

The whole story is an idiotic tale of someone who is unable to make choices on their own but instead bumbles from one bad decision to another. I hope for her sake there is a god watching out for her because I wouldn't trust her to cross the street alone.

I'm actually really glad that she had a nanny and a housekeeper, and that Ken knew enough to be able to cook some actual food for himself and share it with the kids. I'm amazed Lori can find her butt to wipe it at this point. She can't be trusted with a cat, and they are highly independent. Maybe Ken agreed to the nanny and housekeeper because he worried for his kids safety with no one but Lazy Lori Alexander to watch them. I'm glad none of them had a medical crisis while locked in their rooms so Lori could nap.

She seems actually proud of how incredibly stupid she is.

• Upvote 18

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm actually really glad that she had a nanny and a housekeeper, and that Ken knew enough to be able to cook some actual food for himself and share it with the kids. I'm amazed Lori can find her butt to wipe it at this point. She can't be trusted with a cat, and they are highly independent. Maybe Ken agreed to the nanny and housekeeper because he worried for his kids safety with no one but Lazy Lori Alexander to watch them. I'm glad none of them had a medical crisis while locked in their rooms so Lori could nap.

She seems actually proud of how incredibly stupid she is.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that this was a guest post written by Karissa Collins, a woman who blames MS on her birth control and has baby number eight on the way. But yeah, I agree with everything you said about Lori.

• Upvote 10

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I never understood that argument as well. I always believe that if God gave a complex brain that can discern, discover and invent, then he absolutely wants us to use it.  So women have cycles that are more or less (on average, not everyone) on a pretty routine monthly cycle that we can figure out.  Then why are we just supposed to leave things up to chance, when we were given the brain in the first place.  Same argument with women being told they are "less than"...if we were just meant to be servants having babies, I don't believe we would be given the capacity to think and do more.   It can't be both ways....we were made in Gods image vs. we can't use any of the gifts we were given (intelligence) at all. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

On a different note, for anyone who follows the Duggars, Grandma Mary died suddenly this week. In all the tributes from the Duggar kids (Jessa, Jinger, Jill, cousin Amy)...they are all praising Grandma for being a wonderful wife, grandmother and BUSINESSWOMAN.  Even the Duggar Family Official site listed her achievements in business along with all of her other positive traits.  By all accounts, she was still involved in Real Estate even late in life and maybe recently -- providing guidance and advice.

Lori is always holding up the Duggar family as the ideal (based on what she she's on TV). I wonder what she thinks about this woman who only had 2 children, worked and was still a great mother/grandmother by all accounts.  I may not agree with everything the Duggars believe, but Grandma Duggar is a much better role model and Godly mentor than Lori. Hands done. 

Sorry to hear that. I liked Grandma Mary. Prayers for the grandchildren, I know Cousin Amy was really close to her.

• Upvote 7

God does not lock someone into a single role. Over time, we have different "seasons of life" (I know y'all hate that but hang on here). I was a young SAHM at one time. That was my job, my calling. Then life changed and I became a working mom...it didn't change my dedication to my children, but there were other things I needed to take care of...and in my opinion, God sent me opportunities to do so. Now, I'm a SAHW, dealing with my husband's cancer. Again, God made it possible for me to do this without really taking a financial hit. 

I believe, as it says in the bible, that God's ways are far above human understanding. Fundies don't seem to understand this. The God I worship is infinitely wise, infinitely just, infinitely merciful, beyond what we can comprehend. All the rules that the people make up have nothing to do with what God wants. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, God's rule 1 is to love the Lord your God with all your mind, all your soul and all your strength. Not follow a bunch of man-made rules. Following them or not following them does not determine your eternity. 

For me, I am a Christ-follower because He loved me first. As a result, I try, and fail often to emulate that love to others. But, see, it's the trying, not the succeeding or failing, that is important. God's not keeping a scorecard. He doesn't care that I'm currently wearing shorts and a t-shirt (no bra). He doesn't care that i wear my hair long (or short) or dyed some crazy color or have tattoos. Being a Christ-follower is who I am. Am I good at it? Not really. Do I keep trying? Yup!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 25

32 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I believe, as it says in the bible, that God's ways are far above human understanding. Fundies don't seem to understand this. The God I worship is infinitely wise, infinitely just, infinitely merciful, beyond what we can comprehend. All the rules that the people make up have nothing to do with what God wants. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, God's rule 1 is to love the Lord your God with all your mind, all your soul and all your strength. Not follow a bunch of man-made rules. Following them or not following them does not determine your eternity. 

For me, I am a Christ-follower because He loved me first. As a result, I try, and fail often to emulate that love to others. But, see, it's the trying, not the succeeding or failing, that is important. God's not keeping a scorecard.

I love your post, @feministxtian, especially this part, and most especially, the parts I bolded. In my opinion, you get it.  Thanks for sharing that and a big hug from me. Hang in there, sister. 

ETA: funny, how Lori would say that she teaches the same thing... she just gets it backwards! To her, loving God means keeping a bunch of (selected) commandments.  God's ways are above ours, but she understands them and interprets them for us. I just noticed that after adding the bold to your text. 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that this was a guest post written by Karissa Collins, a woman who blames MS on her birth control and has baby number eight on the way. But yeah, I agree with everything you said about Lori.

It still applies to Lori, I think. This IS the woman who couldn't figure out what to do when she had to evacuate her house due to an approaching fire. She had to call someone with a penis to tell her to throw the necessities in a bag (not the einkorn flour, Lori...), grab the cat, get in the car and drive AWAY from the smoke.

She also has used grilled cheese grease as moisturizer. 

Her salads are made at once for the week, as is her dressing. Both are science experiments, and she's lucky not to have gotten salmonella or food poisoning.

She's proved over and over again that she is dumb as a box of rocks.

This Karissa Collins woman sounds like she's at least as dumb as Lori.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

18 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It still applies to Lori, I think. This IS the woman who couldn't figure out what to do when she had to evacuate her house due to an approaching fire. She had to call someone with a penis to tell her to throw the necessities in a bag (not the einkorn flour, Lori...), grab the cat, get in the car and drive AWAY from the smoke.

And don't forget that one of her "necessities" was her makeup bag!  What a silly, helpless piece of work she is.

• Upvote 7

This just further proves that Lori doesn’t know anything about what she post. Does it fit her agenda? If the answer is yes she post it. It would be funny if it was this episode. 338CC8BA-18EB-462C-8B87-C93AD6C31F70.thumb.jpeg.9e828dc900844739cf4c25681ac6de31.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I just read the article by that Karissa chick that Lori posted, and I want to call BS.  Does she have proof that her health problems were caused by birth control?  I know MS can go into remission, but I’ve never heard of it spontaneously disappearing.  Did the money for all their new stuff when her husband lost his job come from outright grifting, or did God miraculously change the numbers in the bank account?  Oh, and she experienced no pain using no drugs with the birth of her sixth child.  Sure, Karissa.  I think she has the same relationship with the truth as Our Friend Flicka.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic