IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

This whole discussion is making me hope that Flicka is a punny Poe who is regurgitating bad Christian movie plots as stories about friends - i.e. the plot of Without Reservation about the teens in a car accident after a party. 

• Upvote 7

I hope someone's keeping an eye on this guy who's commenting on the Miley Cyrus post. He seems a little unstable. 2056715417_Screenshot2019-06-06at12_16_18PM.png.00baee641d6391c588d694878a92961c.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 15
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I find "Our Friend Flicka" is so entertaining.  Not that I believe a word of her stories, but they are fun.

Each new one seems to get a little more outrageous than the last.

However, I hope she never again tells us anything about her sex life with Mr. Flicka. That story of their wilderness love after taking the ATVs to a secluded area was more than I could bear -- full of second hand embarrassment.  Also recommending that 1950s book on how to overcome frigidity -- So you can be a real woman and enjoy sex with abandon. 

Zip it Flicka.    :in_my_humble_opinion:

Can you please find me this post? I feel like it's something I need to read. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Ok gals...here's my review of the book. I'm going to follow with a series of pictures (behind spoilers from the book itself so you can get a better idea.)

I could do a long version or a short version about everything that is wrong about it, but my explanation would be longer than the book itself. 

• As you know, it's a very slim volume (100 pages broken down into a dozen or so chapters). Each chapter has some narrative then followed by questions and areas to write a response -- and also some long lists of scripture passages followed by lines in which you are either instructed to write out the whole verse or list portions that support Lori's theory/teaching in the introduction.   
  • Throughout the book (after presenting her 1-3 paragraph "instruction" (straight from her blog...no new topics or words. Just a rehashing of everything she says on her own blog/social media sites) she has  a lot of leading questions that are meant to sway or convince the reader why she is correct.
  • There is no in depth digging into scripture, or discussion.  Just things like "list the five ways you must be submissive" and things like that.  The whole thing is like a weird Jeopardy game version of Lori Alexander, where she gives the answers and you have to parrot back the response in question form.  It's one big exercise in proof-texting. 
  • Lori is cute in trying to use her "teaching" skills which she never learned in that darn college she was made to attend.  The book comes off as someone trying to "play school" but the book seems amateurish and uneven throughout.  I think she thinks she is being "neutral" but her bias towards her own views is loud and clear. 
  • The book has no footnotes, references or bibilography (except in the beginning where she states which Bible and which dictionary she used...) and comes off as pure opinion...not a scholarly piece. Of course, we knew this going in. 
  • I think the book could be very dangerous used in group settings with new beleivers and otherwise young women not equipped to question the material presented.  In fact, I could see how using this to coerce certain beliefs is actually spiritual abuse.   The book would be almost funny if not for this possibility. 
  • I would hope any group or church who uses this would vet it first through their pastor, church board or some other CREDIBLE Biblical scholar or leader. 
  • Also do we know for a fact or not that "Trey" is Ken?  I posted a review on Amazon (not posted yet) but there is a 5-star review there from Trey and it sure sounds like Ken.

Here are some images:

book 7.jpg

book 1.jpg

book 2.jpg

book 3.jpg

book 4.jpg

book 5.jpg

book 6.jpg

And I have no idea how to use spoilers.   Sorry for previous long post. 

Edited by SongRed7
uploading pictures
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 23

Thanks for the review and the pictures @SongRed7.  That booklet looks like the final exam after a 30-day challenge reading Lori's blog: women, now you've sat under my teaching for 30 days, let's see if you can fill in the gaps with the words I use and let's see if you remember how to interpret the Bible the way I taught you.  Seminary professors include that sort of question in their final exams, but they are careful to explain that it is the view they have arrived at after careful study, not the only valid understanding of a given passage or verse. 

I'm sad to see her encouraging her students to be judgmental, but I'm not surprised. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, polecat said:

I hope someone's keeping an eye on this guy who's commenting on the Miley Cyrus post. He seems a little unstable. 2056715417_Screenshot2019-06-06at12_16_18PM.png.00baee641d6391c588d694878a92961c.png

An invitation to visit isn't an invitation to stay. You also made the choice to invite them and to let them stay. You also have the choice to make any visitor leave at any time of your choosing. If you invited them over and they refused to leave and you could not make them leave by law for about 10 months and they wrecked your house and maybe even nearly killed you as a result, then we might be able to compare. This dude doesn't logic very well. 

Spoiler

forrestgumpareyoustupid.gif.03e8997d6dbef15dab35452da29d57a9.gif

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I remember that case. It was awful in every particular and I don't think Jake is a stable guy.

It takes me to his FB page but if you google him, you get quite the history. I don’t think he’s stable either. And I worry about his wife’s stability- if I recall correctly, she met him while he was serving time and married him pretty quickly after release. 

I wonder if he is an abolitionist in an attempt to atone for his sins. 

I know people can change but...

• Upvote 6

Her book looks like a second grade reading workbook. I love that she thinks she is more capable of writing a better bible study guide than tens of thousands of theologians who have actually studied the Bible and not three verses in isolation.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, polecat said:

Piece of advice for him?  Be careful who you pick.  Not all of us play nice.

In fact, I come from a long line of women who you wouldn't want to try to lock inside anything.

Back in the fifties, my grandmother had a man threaten her with bodily harm.  One of my mother's earliest memories is of him telling my grandmother what he was going to do to her, and her replying, "Not if I see you first!".

In her younger days, my mom was loss prevention for a fancy department store.  The rule?  Never chase a shoplifter out of the store- it's dangerous.  The problem?  When confronted, the guy called my mom a bitch.  She chased him so far that he literally ran into a lake trying to get away from her.  She was nearly fired, but his ass did go to jail.

The apple doesn't fall far.  We aren't the ones.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 24

D2D3C7C9-B39C-4B0D-8E30-0EDEC9B3304D.thumb.png.1fc1e3b82226a38a437373d1b4954ae1.png

what a rude thing to say about your mom Lori. Just because she wasn’t lazy like you doesn’t mean she wasn’t godly. Vicki you don’t want to learn from Lori. She went to school to be a teacher and learned nothing. She doesn’t like bible studies because it’s peoples opinions and not just studying the Bible. Lori doesn’t know anything except for how to twist scripture. 

Spoiler

EC581EA3-BCFC-4C51-8B86-B1360724DB01.thumb.jpeg.9ef4e402c7acf2b274df8af3b7d94467.jpeg

It’s not the ways of the lord that people hate Lori. It’s your judgmental lazy attitude and the way you twist scripture.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

Dear Lori, a godly woman is one who makes sure her family is cared for at all times, whether she is at work or home. She cares for her husband in sickness and in health. She picks him up off the floor in the middle of the night when he falls trying to go to the bathroom. She holds his hand at the inpatient hospice when he is dying. She comforts him when he is so confused he doesn’t know her name. She drives 40 miles round trip to get his favorite gumbo because it makes him happy. And she does it without boasting or bragging about how wonderful godly she is.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 19

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

She cares for her husband in sickness and in health. She picks him up off the floor in the middle of the night when he falls trying to go to the bathroom. She holds his hand at the inpatient hospice when he is dying. She comforts him when he is so confused he doesn’t know her name. She drives 40 miles round trip to get his favorite gumbo because it makes him happy.

And this is a relationship you cultivate over the years. If you shut up and put up with bad behavior, you'll do all that with clenched teeth, in the name of "submission".  Or you'll let someone else do it. 

And, people, JEN HATMAKER agrees with Lori on one issue!!!!!!

Jen Hatmaker - leggings

Well... sort of. 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 9

Spoiler

image.png.3346de77cc6c1fc94f84a2629566c0f9.png

Her doodle today - same recycled "women have to be intimate even if don't feel like it" lie and calling it "Biblical".

She is such an imbecile without any comprehension whatsoever.  Every time I read these posts, all I can think is that she has never known great sex in her entire life/marriage.  When one has real intimacy in marriage, both partners do not want to settle for less.  I believe it is depriving a husband to go through the motions of sex and "think of England" rather than to cultivate true connection and intimacy.  

I've got news for you, Lori.  Sex is emotional - and therefore "feeling like it" is essential.  What you talk about - biological function and no feelings - that is violence to yourself and a mental self-rape because you are basically telling women that their consent and participation does not matter at all. 

Feelings matter when someone is entering your very body.  What a person wants and agrees to matters.  Let your "yes" be "yes" and your "No" be "no".  (that's something Jesus Himself said, in case you didn't know where it came from)  You are the false teacher the Bible warns everyone about here.  You are the wolf.   Women are in the image and likeness of God.  Just like we get to consent to God to be in prayer with Him, so also we have the right to consent to sex within marriage.

The problem with what you do here is that "deny yourself" is about one's relationship with God, not one's husband.  "living sacrifices" is about not standing in the way of other's knowing God, no about our sex life.  Get your dirty, sex obsessed mind out of my Bible.  You've been spending too much time with the MRAs who want to force women into sex and not enough time in the church with actual believers who might sharpen you with regard to your infantile (if it really exists) faith.  I mean, I've never seen you articulate the gospel or your conversion.  

Whatever this is, Lori, it is NOT Christian.  Please stop polluting the name of Christ this way.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 18

18 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

She is such an imbecile without any comprehension whatsoever.  Every time I read these posts, all I can think is that she has never known great sex in her entire life/marriage.  When one has real intimacy in marriage, both partners do not want to settle for less.  I believe it is depriving a husband to go through the motions of sex and "think of England" rather than to cultivate true connection and intimacy.  

I've got news for you, Lori.  Sex is emotional - and therefore "feeling like it" is essential.  What you talk about - biological function and no feelings - that is violence to yourself and a mental self-rape because you are basically telling women that their consent and participation does not matter at all. 

Feelings matter when someone is entering your very body.  What a person wants and agrees to matters.  Let your "yes" be "yes" and your "No" be "no".  (that's something Jesus Himself said, in case you didn't know where it came from)  You are the false teacher the Bible warns everyone about here.  You are the wolf.   Women are in the image and likeness of God.  Just like we get to consent to God to be in prayer with Him, so also we have the right to consent to sex within marriage.

You know, if you (general you but largely aimed at Lori and her ilk) want to believe that God created everything, then you have to believe that God created woman just as she is -- which means that he created us with an organ that has literally no other function than to provide sexual pleasure. If our job is to simply lie back and be a masturbatory aid for our husbands, then why on earth would God have placed an organ that has 8,000 nerves in the tip alone, nerves which are connected to another 15,000 in the rest of the pelvis, all designed to bring us toe-curling, body-melting, breathtaking, memory-making pleasure? AND minimal or no refractory period so that we can go right back and do it again as much as we want or are physically able to before our bodies give out in utter, pleasurable exhaustion? 

Seems to me that god messed up if women were just basically holes to stick stuff (and by stuff, of course I mean penises) in. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

@AuntKrazy, I wish I could love your post many times.  You hit the nail right in the head with this post.  Lori doesn't teach women to love their husbands as you love a dear friend. She doesn't invite young women to communicate, which is essential for a relationship to grow in real intimacy so that sex is something they will want.  She doesn't teach younger women to cultivate a relationship of grace, starting with accepting the grace God freely gives us and living from that place of peace with God.  Lori doesn't preach the Gospel, she teaches law and condemnation with each post she writes. There's no grace, no living in the Spirit, no joy. It's all duty and worse, comparison and pride. Lots and lots of pride.  Sadly, there's enough mangled Scripture in there to make it sound like truth. I just hope more women realize how abusive Lori is.  I pray Lori finds grace and the truth that will set her free.  

No matter what she writes about, someone else has done a much better job at it. I wonder why? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

No surprise there.  The only person who actually reviewed the book - and not Lori- gave it one star.  If I were an author, I'd ask my fans to read the book before reviewing it, pretty please. A few free copies, or making it available on a site like Netgalley before releasing it, is a much better way to get honest opinions rolling in and help the book sell better.  Lori has much to learn.  I think she should drop her "transformed wife" writing and go back to her natural state of "always learning" and then, actually learn something! 

• Upvote 7

Dear Mik, 

You make me want to fully convert to being a lesbian. 

You're an asshole, 

Sarah 

Conflating protecting and providing for your family, which should you fail to do so might result in death is wholly different than using a woman as a masturbation device. Your words are an arousal killer. 

I've learned more about loving a future spouse from this form and more secular women than I ever had from reading her lunacy. 

image.png

• WTF 12
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, onemama said:

A few free copies, or making it available on a site like Netgalley before releasing it, is a much better way to get honest opinions rolling in and help the book sell better.

Lori doesn't give a damn about honest opinions.  She only wants ass-kissers to comment. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Lori doesn't give a damn about honest opinions.

Her loss. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but men* ROUTINELY fail to provide for and protect their families. A day down at the old circuit court proves that. Hell, sometimes the person they need protection from is the guy himself.*

*Same is true for mothers--but for illustrative purposes, I'm focusing on men here.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

On 6/5/2019 at 10:21 PM, livinglongerthanyou said:

On the Miley Cyrus post that has 270 comments. Lori is a complete bitch and apparently it's ok because, well, God. 

Ironic she completely disconnects about how God hates sowing discord. 

bitch.thumb.PNG.7ddee40fa613d5706e7baad3679d3be9.PNG

A proud look.  Check that off the list, Lori.  A lying tongue.  Yeah, pretty sure you can check that off as well.  I don't necessarily have any reason to think you've shed innocent blood.  But your heart has certainly deviseth-ed wicked imaginations, which goes along with false witness/lies and yes, you have soweth-ed discord among brethren and also non brethren.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic