IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

Today she's talking about men being providers. Among other things she says ' Older widows are to be taken care of by the relatives and/or churches...' I wonder if that's her attempt to guilt her kids into taking care of her if/when Ken dies.  Seems like an early start, but hey, this is Lori we're talking about here.  

• Upvote 11

Just laying the groundwork. Getting her ducks in a row. If I were her, though, I'd be spending some time being a lot nicer to my children rather than throwing Bible verses and guilt trips on them, but that's probably not what Lori would consider being godly.?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

If God is good, Lori will go first, and Ken will be a swinging widower.  He can hang out at the beach and look at the ungodly, immodest women in bikinis all he wants without his nag.

• Upvote 17

And Lori is teaching men again.  Why is she saying that men are to be providers?  Shouldn't she leave that to her god?  On her FB page someone asks what happens if a wife dies and leaves her husband with children, who is supposed to help, and Lori says 'it would be best if he remarried as soon as possible. Most men do. Just as young widows are told to marry, I would think it would be the same for men.'  Who gave Lori the right to decide what is best for men?  By her own rules she needs to repent of her ungodly ways.  

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Among other things she says ' Older widows are to be taken care of by the relatives and/or churches...'

Yeah, that's how I got blocked from her page.  Though I wasn't an older widow - I still had kids at home and told her no one in my family had the ability to support me and my church only did one time donations and then referred you to services.  She said I should go to church more and find a Godly man to remarry asap.   I said I had tweens and the last thing I was doing was bringing a man into the house till they were much older. Bam!  Blocked.   Lucky thing I had a job because my headship wouldn't hear of me not working ever, and now I have two jobs.  I suck at being a widow and a grifter apparently.   

And she will have zero reason to have her kids take care of her.  You can bet your last buck Ken is heavily insured and they have a retirement fund that makes mine look like nothing.  Her life won't change if he goes.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
clarifying
  • Upvote 19

4 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

And she will have zero reason to have her kids take care of her.  You can bet your last buck Ken is heavily insured and they have a retirement fund that makes mine look like nothing.  Her life won't change if he goes. 

Oh, I think she'll still demand they take care of her. Not financially, but she'll need someone to take out the trash, change her lightbulbs, take her car for oil changes ... She just strikes me as one of those remarkably "helpless" people who insists on everyone dropping everything to help them do even the smallest tasks. No way in hell is she going to give up any control. That fat spider is going to sit in the center of her web and yank strings until she curls up and dies.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

11 minutes ago, polecat said:

Oh, I think she'll still demand they take care of her. Not financially, but she'll need someone to take out the trash, change her lightbulbs, take her car for oil changes ... She just strikes me as one of those remarkably "helpless" people who insists on everyone dropping everything to help them do even the smallest tasks. No way in hell is she going to give up any control. That fat spider is going to sit in the center of her web and yank strings until she curls up and dies.

Yeah, I agree one hundred per cent.   When I think 'help' I always think financial, because that was what I desperately needed.   But, then again, I would realize what to do if a fire was coming and it wouldn't be call the kids or pack my makeup.   And I can change my own lightbulbs and no one has ever taken my cars in for oil changes but me.   Like I mentioned, I suck at being a helpless widow.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Today she's talking about men being providers. Among other things she says ' Older widows are to be taken care of by the relatives and/or churches...' I wonder if that's her attempt to guilt her kids into taking care of her if/when Ken dies.  Seems like an early start, but hey, this is Lori we're talking about here.  

Odds are, unfortunately, very good that I will be a widow by my next birthday. I'll be okay financially for awhile but I'll have to go to work at some point. I sure as hell don't expect my kids or my church to take care of me. I know #2 son plans on living at home until he finishes school (don't wanna hear no shit about that), but I sure as hell don't expect him to support me. #1 son has some stuff set up for me that will make the load lighter and hopefully I'll also have a paid for house. Thing is, I ain't asking anybody for grocery money, bill money or any of that other shit. 

Lori...go fuck yourself. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 37

Can we switch gears and discuss my "favorite" fan girl  Flicka for a minute? Why do I believe most of her stories are in the category of "Things that never happened for $500, Alex?"  Her stories always read like an Aesop's fable with someone dying tragically at the end all because of feminism.  Today she wrote:

" This is sad. I knew a woman that wanted a career and she got one. Her husband also worked until he developed a disability. The wife was very angry at him almost all the time. He would confide in me as a son to a mother. I prayed for them. No relation to me though. 
One day she was super angry because her husband didn't buy the item she wanted from the grocer. She tore out of the house and drove off in a huff. The ice was bad on the road and she couldn't stop at the 4 way. She was killed immediately. When I think of it I can understand her and him. This woman realized she had no choice after her husband was disabled. It hit her hard. Sad happening."

In the past she's talked about raising some non-relative and him dying by falling off a ladder,  about some evil neighbor of hers who wanted her help in kidnapping his kids,  stories about her evil "feminist" mother, etc.. 

she always has the most fantastic stories that I find it hard to be true.   

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, polecat said:

My mother has a friend she knows from childhood who is financially okay since she was widowed, but has been fighting with her adult children for the past 3.5 years because she expects them to do everything for her. She cries about them expecting her to take her own car in for service, plant her own flowers, etc... because that is "men's work" and "God doesn't intend for her to do it" and her sons are required to do it all for her. Not coincidentally, she and her husband became pretty fundamentalist early in their marriage. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Can we switch gears and discuss my "favorite" fan girl  Flicka for a minute? Why do I believe most of her stories are in the category of "Things that never happened for $500, Alex?"  Her stories always read like an Aesop's fable with someone dying tragically at the end all because of feminism.  Today she wrote:

" This is sad. I knew a woman that wanted a career and she got one. Her husband also worked until he developed a disability. The wife was very angry at him almost all the time. He would confide in me as a son to a mother. I prayed for them. No relation to me though. 
One day she was super angry because her husband didn't buy the item she wanted from the grocer. She tore out of the house and drove off in a huff. The ice was bad on the road and she couldn't stop at the 4 way. She was killed immediately. When I think of it I can understand her and him. This woman realized she had no choice after her husband was disabled. It hit her hard. Sad happening."

In the past she's talked about raising some non-relative and him dying by falling off a ladder,  about some evil neighbor of hers who wanted her help in kidnapping his kids,  stories about her evil "feminist" mother, etc.. 

Oh oh oh! This is like those old sermon illustrations about how those good Christian kids were tempted to listen to "rock tapes" just that once, and then they had dreadful car accidents, and when the police pulled up, sure enough, Alice Cooper was blaring out of the 8-track (or some such nonsense). Every. Single. Pastor. during the 80s had one of these tall tales, and they ALL knew that "precious Christian family" personally. 

/thathappened

Edited by polecat
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

She also puts women in a very narrow box and suggests that we try and deny our feminine nature, and says we need to embrace it in order to be truly happy. No, Flicka.  I would not consider myself overly feminine. I’m not overly emotional or sensitive. I’m an INTJ (I think several of us here are). I’m ambitious and task driven. I’m also pretty sure Flicka is the one who said she finds the music in most stores offensive and sometimes has to leave. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My mother has a friend she knows from childhood who is financially okay since she was widowed, but has been fighting with her adult children for the past 3.5 years because she expects them to do everything for her. She cries about them expecting her to take her own car in for service, plant her own flowers, etc... because that is "men's work" and "God doesn't intend for her to do it" and her sons are required to do it all for her. Not coincidentally, she and her husband became pretty fundamentalist early in their marriage. 

Both of my grandmothers became widows within a month of each other. Neither were capable of doing much yard work due to age and health, and my maternal grandmother didn’t drive. Both were left pretty well off financially.

My maternal grandmother found someone to do her yard work (she paid them, of course) and did her grocery shopping when my aunt/uncle could take her. They would also take her to the doctor (we lived 40 minutes away and my mom-an only child- worked). My parents also went to see her about once per month- my dad would make sure the house workings were in order and my mom would write checks for her (my grandmother had very poor vision and arthritis so checks were very difficult for her). I also drove over 1-2 times per month and would take her to do her big shopping and to spend time with her. The thing is- she never expected it. She was appreciative of anything that people did for her, and she was generous with what she had. 

My paternal grandmother wouldn’t pay anyone to do her yard work, and she refused to pay for trash service. My dad has a younger brother (with fewer obligations than my dad) but it was my dad who went over through the week to take food, to haul her trash to the dump, and to do her yard work. She wasn’t appreciative- I never saw her thank my dad or speak positively of all he did for her. She always spoke of my uncle and how hard he had it. When my parents sold our childhood home, my dad specifically picked a retirement neighborhood with lawn care/landscaping, trash removal, and snow removal included. He said that if he passed first, he didn’t want my sisters and I to have  responsibility for those tasks like he did for 16 years. 

5 minutes ago, polecat said:

Oh oh oh! This is like those old sermon illustrations about how those good Christian kids were tempted to listen to "rock tapes" just that once, and then they had dreadful car accidents, and when the police pulled up, sure enough, Alice Cooper was blaring out of the 8-track (or some such nonsense). Every. Single. Pastor. during the 80s had one of these tall tales, and they ALL knew that "precious Christian family" personally. 

/thathappened

Don’t forget the subliminal messages! 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

I find "Our Friend Flicka" is so entertaining.  Not that I believe a word of her stories, but they are fun.

Each new one seems to get a little more outrageous than the last.

However, I hope she never again tells us anything about her sex life with Mr. Flicka. That story of their wilderness love after taking the ATVs to a secluded area was more than I could bear -- full of second hand embarrassment.  Also recommending that 1950s book on how to overcome frigidity -- So you can be a real woman and enjoy sex with abandon. 

Zip it Flicka.    :in_my_humble_opinion:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5

Hey guys! To top Off a semi-crappy week and it’s only Wednesday, I received my new copy of biblical womanhood a study guide in the mail today! It was due on Monday next week, but it came today — what joy. I started reading This suggested 12 week Bible study at 6:18 pm and finished it at 7:28! And I even managed to change out of my work clothes during that period well. I will ponder it a bit and post my thoughts tomorrow. I will tell you this: The book has a lot of white space it’s written like a workbook— for a third grader.  Each chapter starts with three or four paragraphs of her beliefs on the topic (straight from her blog.. nothing new here) followed by some yes/no questions (things like:“are you a loud woman? Yes/no with blank spaces to write answers.  There are also some downright scary passages which Felt very cult like/indoctrination to me. More on that tomorrow 

After I review it for all you ladies, I’m also going to post a review on Amazon. I’m going to be fair. But it isn’t going to be good. And my advice would be that anybody who wants to buy this book and use it to vet it through a bible expert or your church board or a pastor or somebody in authority. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 23

I am proud of my singleness and the fact that I learned how to safely do a burn pile in my yard since we don't have trash pickup for anything except household garbage.  No boxes, etc.  I've always taken my car for service.  When my dad would check anything on my car, he made me stand right there so I would know what to do.  My neighbor was an 80-year-old widow who cut her own grass with her riding lawnmower.  

On to Flicka -- she is the president of the nitwit club, and Dee Ann is the VP.  Severine is the resident racist sergeant-at-arms.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

@SongRed7, I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

I can't believe she thought THAT for 12 weeks. I mean, it is Lori, so I guess I can, but still.....

• Upvote 10

105F249D-FFF2-460A-9770-772873980314.thumb.jpeg.ca47e389b82e662a517925b6bd22200b.jpeg

abortion is never an easy choice. No one I know that has had them did it for the heck of it. It tears them up. 

Spoiler

1A86CDF0-C15F-4106-9F66-461EF858C5EC.thumb.jpeg.94c328148b3b44610c872d662aeadac5.jpeg

Sadly Lori, and most middle class well off people, won’t understand. They assume women get pregnant for the heck of it then get an abortion because they are selfish. That’s not how it is. 

• Upvote 19

@Frog99, My mother can't do her own yard work because she is legally blind. She pays a neighbor kid to do it. He does mowing, weed control, etc... She still plants and takes care of her flowers herself. I go every 7-10 days to help with errands and a few household things. She writes her own checks thanks to tools from the occupational therapist for low vision that allow her to do things like that. She is never demanding about anything she needs. Almost to the point that it is dangerous because sometimes she needs to tell us. 

In return, she is very generous financially with us and always willing to come help us with things like planting our vegetable garden and canning. She spent an entire week here to help us move two years ago. She still does what she can for us and for herself. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

@Frog99, My mother can't do her own yard work because she is legally blind. She pays a neighbor kid to do it. He does mowing, weed control, etc... She still plants and takes care of her flowers herself. I go every 7-10 days to help with errands and a few household things. She writes her own checks thanks to tools from the occupational therapist for low vision that allow her to do things like that. She is never demanding about anything she needs. Almost to the point that it is dangerous because sometimes she needs to tell us. 

In return, she is very generous financially with us and always willing to come help us with things like planting our vegetable garden and canning. She spent an entire week here to help us move two years ago. She still does what she can for us and for herself. 

That sounds very much like my maternal grandmother. I miss her and my grandfather. 

And it’s not that I don’t miss my paternal grandmother- she just wasn’t as involved. My paternal grandfather I miss very much- he was involved and spent time with us like my maternal grandparents. We would go on long bike rides together and he always had the best tomatoes. He also a talented woodworker. 

This exchange brought back some really great memories of my childhood. Time goes by so quickly. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

On the Miley Cyrus post that has 270 comments. Lori is a complete bitch and apparently it's ok because, well, God. 

Ironic she completely disconnects about how God hates sowing discord. 

bitch.thumb.PNG.7ddee40fa613d5706e7baad3679d3be9.PNG

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8

I kind of love Flicka. She is a nutter for sure. I believe she's shared that she had some breakdown at one point and was institutionalized (maybe by choice) for it. Like the rest of you, there's no telling whether any of that really happened. She specializes in drama. 

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, fluffy said:

I kind of love Flicka. She is a nutter for sure. I believe she's shared that she had some breakdown at one point and was institutionalized (maybe by choice) for it. Like the rest of you, there's no telling whether any of that really happened. She specializes in drama. 

I don't know why, but she kind of reminds me of Teryn (can't remember how it was spelled), who used to comment on various fundie blogs.  If I recall correctly, she used a black sharpie to blot the word "magic" out of one of her kitchen appliances.  Anyway, this lady reminds me of her.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Koala said:

I don't know why, but she kind of reminds me of Teryn (can't remember how it was spelled), who used to comment on various fundie blogs.  If I recall correctly, she used a black sharpie to blot the word "magic" out of one of her kitchen appliances.  Anyway, this lady reminds me of her.

With a magic marker?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Don’t forget the subliminal messages

Backmasking!

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Backmasking!

The whole “subliminal messages in rock music” must have been a staple in 1980’s church youth group.  My youth pastor subjected us to what seemed like months of this.  I think we listened to a whole series about it on audio tape.  The two memories that stick out for me are:

1. A sweet, devout girl in our youth group looking ashamed when she admitted to listening to soft rock.

2.  Hearing the words “some of us smoke marijuana” over and over again, supposedly backmasked from some Beetles song.

Good times! ?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic