IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

33 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but men* ROUTINELY fail to provide for and protect their families. A day down at the old circuit court proves that. Hell, sometimes the person they need protection from is the guy himself.*

*Same is true for mothers--but for illustrative purposes, I'm focusing on men here.

Yes! When I visited The Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side of New York City, I saw apartments that replicated those of various past generations. One was the home of a German-American woman of the 1880s, who (IIRC) had been abandoned by her husband and who supported her family as a seamstress. The tour guide told me that newspapers of the time had “missing persons” sections in which women were looking for the husbands who, for whatever reason (hated city life, restlessness, infidelity, etc.), took off and abandoned their wives and families.

And these were the “good old days” for which Lori has such a boner.

(She isn’t alone in her lack of logic. I spent yesterday with a very kind but naive friend of mine who simultaneously talked about the spousal and child abuse in her family of origin and waxed nostalgic about how much better the “good old days” were. I went easy on her because her husband passed away a few months ago and she’s in profound grief.)

• Upvote 21

I guess when you only deem a handful of verses in the Bible as important, you have no choice but to constantly recycle material. And she boosts posts so she can create an uproar and bask in the attention. What an insufferable person she is. 

Please help me understand how it can be that men are logical, controlled, blah blah blah, yet can’t handle being told no sex tonight and need their wives at home to take care of them and any abs every possible need they have.  Quite honestly, that infantilizes men. These “I am a man. Serve me” types are nothing but big, stupid crybabies. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Yes! When I visited The Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side of New York City, I saw apartments that replicated those of various past generations. One was the home of a German-American woman of the 1880s, who (IIRC) had been abandoned by her husband and who supported her family as a seamstress. The tour guide told me that newspapers of the time had “missing persons” sections in which women were looking for the husbands who, for whatever reason (hated city life, restlessness, infidelity, etc.), took off and abandoned their wives and families.

And these were the “good old days” for which Lori has such a boner.

(She isn’t alone in her lack of logic. I spent yesterday with a very kind but naive friend of mine who simultaneously talked about the spousal and child abuse in her family of origin and waxed nostalgic about how much better the “good old days” were. I went easy on her because her husband passed away a few months ago and she’s in profound grief.)

Heck, even in her own comments section there are stories of women who had to go out and be breadwinners because of various shenanigans. If she'd just look past her nose, she'd see that there are plenty of people shirking their Biblical duties, of both genders. I'm sure the retort to this would be "but their not believers!!111!11!"  Well, Papa Keller is a believer--how'd he do protecting his family? Or the Willis patriarch? Or both Alan Smiths? Or John Shrader? Or Josh Duggar? Or David "I refuse to work on a Friday" Rodrigues? I could go on and on, but this site is full of stories of men shirking their duties and failing to protect their wives and children. Ridiculous.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

If we continue with the thought that Lori is throwing shade at her family in her posts, which of the two golden boy children complained that his wife is holding out on him? 

Edited by wallysmommy
Gotta fix the pronoun tense.
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

30 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

If we continue with the thought that Lori is throwing shade at her family in her posts, which of the two golden boy children complained that his wife is holding out on him? 

My guess is Emily (plus for whatever reason, I get the sense that Steven might be more favored). Erin works (more than what Lori would have everyone believe), but she’s had four children and supposedly home schools. She keeps a low profile. Emily, on the other hand, is more social- engaging in FB discussions, posting her nursery, etc. She also plans to send their daughter to public preschool. I can see Emily working to establish herself in that young, well-to-do, SAHM group in her area (not criticizing her in any way). I think she probably has a fairly strong personality. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stopped at 2 kids. Plus she didn’t have the right equipment for einkorn bread... 

You would think that Lori would talk about how she spends time with her son and his family given that they live so close, but there doesn’t seem to be much of a relationship. 

• Upvote 9

Did you all notice that Vicky Brooks Foster who commented shes trying to be a godly woman/wife says she's 62?

That's makes her older than Lori. So VBF is a godly older woman and Lori should STFU and listen to her.

I love it when people's own words come back to bite them.

• Upvote 18

52 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Did you all notice that Vicky Brooks Foster who commented shes trying to be a godly woman/wife says she's 62?

That's makes her older than Lori. So VBF is a godly older woman and Lori should STFU and listen to her.

I love it when people's own words come back to bite them.

How old is Lori? 

• Upvote 3

E3C2CDEE-D674-46C6-A6AA-0325DADE7CF9.thumb.jpeg.22aa0d63f6eb1ac312ee628b3229bb3f.jpeg

i agree. My bf will stop having sex with me or filling around if he knows I’m not feeling it or aren’t feeling good. Decent people will do that. Marriage doesn’t equal consent for life. Consent once doesn’t equal consent again. 

Lori says she doesn’t teach men but she teaches women how to please men. Telling women what to expect from men is what she should be teaching. If she wanted to be a good teacher she would actually teach. Well first she would learn then teach. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

How old is Lori? 

She just turned 60. So, by her standards, I’m a “wiser older woman” than she is, and I hereby counsel her to STFU.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Koala said:

Piece of advice for him?  Be careful who you pick.  Not all of us play nice.

In fact, I come from a long line of women who you wouldn't want to try to lock inside anything.

Back in the fifties, my grandmother had a man threaten her with bodily harm.  One of my mother's earliest memories is of him telling my grandmother what he was going to do to her, and her replying, "Not if I see you first!".

In her younger days, my mom was loss prevention for a fancy department store.  The rule?  Never chase a shoplifter out of the store- it's dangerous.  The problem?  When confronted, the guy called my mom a bitch.  She chased him so far that he literally ran into a lake trying to get away from her.  She was nearly fired, but his ass did go to jail.

The apple doesn't fall far.  We aren't the ones.

I normally love your posts, but this one upsets me.

Saying that a determined, badass woman would be able to escape an attacker/imprisoner just because of how determined/badass she is is victim blaming.

You know what? I’m determined. I’m badass. Yet when a man forced his way into my apartment, threatened me, smothered me, and raped me, that’s not because I was “playing nice.” What an awful, vicious phrase. I was not “playing nice”! I was, despite my determination, self respect, ambition, and skills, dominated by someone cruel and bigger than me.

How nice for your mother and grandmother that their specific challenges worked out for them. That is not the outcome for every strong woman. Your post implies that anyone who is victimized just wasn’t strong enough. That is an AWFUL thing to say.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 27

Y'all they have gone way overboard TMI on the IG on sex.  One woman posted how her husband's penis is too large to just pop it in for a quickie, and that Prudently at Home loves quickies.  What is wrong with these people that they'll put personal information out all over the Internet for strangers to read?  Share it with your bff if you must share, not the whole world.  And these fangirls are who Lori refers to as godly modest women.  I don't think the Bible ever refers to quickies or big dicks.

We were getting the poverty olympics.  Now it's the sex olympics.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Y'all they have gone way overboard TMI on the IG on sex.  One woman posted how her husband's penis is too large to just pop it in for a quickie, and that Prudently at Home loves quickies.  What is wrong with these people that they'll put personal information out all over the Internet for strangers to read?  Share it with your bff if you must share, not the whole world.  And these fangirls are who Lori refers to as godly modest women.  I don't think the Bible ever refers to quickies or big dicks.

We were getting the poverty olympics.  Now it's the sex olympics.

Why did I have to go visit the comment section?!? I am no prude, but there are some things I just don’t want to know about people. 

I hate how dense these women are and their promotion of rape culture. And despite the statements that sex isn’t transactional, they absolutely reduce it to transaction. 

The stupidity of Lori and her fan girls is astounding sometimes. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

1394494177_Loribchingagain.JPG.11b0f9b0a831a07639f50757adf13213.JPG

Lori is obsessed with feminists .. actually with any woman who does not believe and think as she does and Lori's  "thinking" leaves a lot to be desired.  Lori you would not even be able to write the "books" you have in the past.  Women had to write under a male pen name.

Lately, it is one post after another with the same theme.  Stay home. Stay home. Stay home forever.  Stay home before, during and even after your children are grown and gone from your home.  Stay home if you never get married.  Stay home if you dont have kids.  Just stay home.  WHY?????   It's such bullshit. 

The truth is Lori has very little to say so has to keep recycling the same old, same old.  Unfortunately, none of what she says makes any sense to most people nor does it really have anything to do with Jesus.  But, Lori has nothing better to do than rant and most of her rants are borrowed from other peoples' writings.   Often people think she wrote it because Lori does not know how to preface something written by someone else except to throw in a link or  to put something in quotes.  Lori, learn how to write for starters.  

EG:  "According to xxx, from xxx xxxx, women today are ....."  Here is a link from her article."   Then tell us what you think about it.  

I wonder if Alyssa will continue to teach barre classes and model for Toe Sox after the baby comes.  My guess is that she isn't going to give it all up.  

• Upvote 15

Who in the heck are these leftists who are denigrating motherhood? Seriously, I'm in a profession made up of people who range from moderate Democrat to flaming liberal, and I've never once heard a conversation putting down mothers or motherhood. Quite the opposite, we frequently have kiddos sit in on meetings when a babysitter can't be found or hang out in the office with mom during the summer. And we frequently have baby showers for our co-workers and friends. So...what? What am I missing? Unless the belief that you shouldn't have a child unless you want a child and it's your choice if you want to be childfree or have ten kids that's so appalling? Because I'll cop to that, but that's hardly an attack on motherhood. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Who in the heck are these leftists who are denigrating motherhood?

They exist in Lori's mind.  Lori makes inaccurate gross generalizations about entire groups of people.  And ... then ... she continues from there.  Since her initial statement is fact-free, the rest cannot be understood by most people who are able to reason.

Lori can only appeal to people who, like her, lack critical thinking skills.  Example:  is the premise true?  If not, nothing that follows is.  I think that is why it is so difficult to understand what she is saying.  

It's kind of like she blurts out some overgeneralized, made up thing ... eg:  feminists are leftists.  All leftists are evil and think the same way.  Therefore  >>>>> fill in the blank ----- this is true.  To a reasonable person really trying to understand her, it is impossible and she loses all credibility. 

BUT:  If you disagree with her or try to reason with her, you hate God and His perfect ways (even though she is way off base in her thinking).  So, it is never Lori who is wrong because she speaks for God.   Lori has some serious problems in logical thinking.

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

I work in an office of mostly women. We range from pretty conservative to pretty liberal. None of us put motherhood down. In fact, one of the more liberal ones recently found out she's pregnant and is super excited because her and her husband have been wanting one. Those that have children are supported and we love it when coworkers bring their babies/kids for visits. Everyone piles into the hallways for hellos and such. For heavens sakes I help moms become better moms as part of my job. Anyone in mental health, often a social justice left leaning field, will tel you parents are important. She probably intentionally looked up searches on women hating on motherhood, of which I'm sure there are, and then used it to apply to all women. She's done that several times. 

side note: has she seen the Obamas with their children? They seem totally invested. On the other hand, you got Trump who cheats on every wife and makes sexual comments about his kids.  How these people hold him up as being a good Christian man I have no idea. I won't comment on Melania's parenting because I'm not familiar with it. I think I feel bad for her. I know she married him but I can't help but feel like there was a power difference there made it all kinda sketchy. I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

side note: has she seen the Obamas with their children? They seem totally invested. On the other hand, you got Trump who cheats on every wife and makes sexual comments about his kids.  How these people hold him up as being a good Christian man I have no idea. I won't comment on Melania's parenting because I'm not familiar with it. I think I feel bad for her. I know she married him but I can't help but feel like there was a power difference there made it all kinda sketchy. I could be wrong. 

This is only a thought, as I don’t know a great deal about  the relationship between Trump and Melania. I think he saw her as a beautiful item to acquire and she saw him as a mean to an end (more money, fame, citizenship, etc- maybe something else). Maybe they once loved one another- now it seems as though she barely likes him. 

I know she took a lot of flak for staying in New York to allow their son to finish school (I know there has been a lot of speculation that he is on the spectrum and to me that’s irrelevant) she did what she felt was in his best interest. I won’t criticize her for that. She also stays out of the limelight (and keeps their son well protected) from what I see. Of course, Trump loves the spotlight and commands so much that there may not be any left. 

As far as Christians loving him and so quickly excusing his behavior, I honestly don’t understand. I saw a comment from someone on the page Lori tagged in her 2nd post of the day who answered a similar question by saying that we all sin and no ones sin is worse than anyone else's (all while condemning LGBTQ folks). 

I think many Christians live in fear and Trump plays on that fear. I had an opportunity to see him speak at a conference I attended and he knows who his  audience is and he knows how to tailor his words. The conference was a mixed group- it was related to the opioid crisis- with  law enforcement, attorneys, treatment professionals, public health, social workers, etc (a mixed bag, politically). I know that’s part of politics, but o think he’s a next level chameleon. 

• Upvote 17

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

side note: has she seen the Obamas with their children? They seem totally invested.

Oh, but Obummer is a Kenyan-born Muslim, and Michelle is really a MAN!

(I wish I could say that I made that up.)

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I work in an office of mostly women. We range from pretty conservative to pretty liberal. None of us put motherhood down. In fact, one of the more liberal ones recently found out she's pregnant and is super excited because her and her husband have been wanting one. Those that have children are supported and we love it when coworkers bring their babies/kids for visits. Everyone piles into the hallways for hellos and such. For heavens sakes I help moms become better moms as part of my job. Anyone in mental health, often a social justice left leaning field, will tel you parents are important. She probably intentionally looked up searches on women hating on motherhood, of which I'm sure there are, and then used it to apply to all women. She's done that several times. 

I think a lot of people refuse to see the Obamas as anything positive, and quite a bit of it is probably racism.  I see them as a strong loving marriage, committed and loving parents and genuinely nice people.  I don't see that with the idiot in office now, but he is white and I do think he plays up the Christianity angle.  Both of those things, skin color and faith, will get him very far with a lot of people.  I don't actually believe that he is truly Christian, by the way.

3 hours ago, Frog99 said:

This is only a thought, as I don’t know a great deal about  the relationship between Trump and Melania. I think he saw her as a beautiful item to acquire and she saw him as a mean to an end (more money, fame, citizenship, etc- maybe something else). Maybe they once loved one another- now it seems as though she barely likes him. 

I know she took a lot of flak for staying in New York to allow their son to finish school (I know there has been a lot of speculation that he is on the spectrum and to me that’s irrelevant) she did what she felt was in his best interest. I won’t criticize her for that. She also stays out of the limelight (and keeps their son well protected) from what I see. Of course, Trump loves the spotlight and commands so much that there may not be any left. 

As far as Christians loving him and so quickly excusing his behavior, I honestly don’t understand. I saw a comment from someone on the page Lori tagged in her 2nd post of the day who answered a similar question by saying that we all sin and no ones sin is worse than anyone else's (all while condemning LGBTQ folks). 

I think many Christians live in fear and Trump plays on that fear. I had an opportunity to see him speak at a conference I attended and he knows who his  audience is and he knows how to tailor his words. The conference was a mixed group- it was related to the opioid crisis- with  law enforcement, attorneys, treatment professionals, public health, social workers, etc (a mixed bag, politically). I know that’s part of politics, but o think he’s a next level chameleon. 

I don't care for Melania, but I do think a lot of criticism of her for staying in New York so their son could finish school was unfair.  He was in the middle of his school year and it would make sense that he would want to finish out that year.  But I do think she is a trophy wife, and she may have been looking for a meal ticket, money, citizenship, etc. plus her parents are also very much chain migrants - she was their ticket into America.  Which is something he claims needs to be stopped...

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Going back to the recycled post on why women "falsely believe they can say no to being intimate with their husband"

Buried in all the comments, one commenter says (talking about Lori) "clearly this lady must have an unsatisfying sex life."  

The ever gallant Ken can't take that one lying down jumps in and said this: " I beg to differ and ought to know. That's pretty unkind. Someone can teach others without having all their faults and problems. For that matter, aren't those the best teachers? With a little true life experience and wisdom like this lady... my wife?"   

Ken wouldn't want people to think he's a bad lover! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

Ken's measure of a satisfying sex life consists of him being on the road 40% of the time (his estimate), 5-10 minutes and some lube.  

ETA: I just looked at the IG post again, and the "my husband is too large for a quickie" comment seems to be gone, but Prudently's comments about liking morning quickies are still there.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 8

Sorry for the back-to-back, but I wanted to make sure this was retained for future reference when the holier-than-thou cloak of righteousness comes out to cover the fangirls.

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.22.38 PM.png

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I beg to differ and ought to know. That's pretty unkind.

That's pretty rich coming from a man who defends his wife's general bluntness and lack of kindness because she has "a prophetic ministry"and "others speak with kindness, she is more direct" (I'm paraphrasing here).  Lori is blunt, unkind and critical. She can expect bluntness, unkindness and criticism in return.  You reap what you sow. 

7 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Sorry for the back-to-back, but I wanted to make sure this was retained for future reference when the holier-than-thou cloak of righteousness comes out to cover the fangirls.

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.22.38 PM.png

Discreet indeed, Prudently. Just like your discreet mentor :snooty:

• Upvote 11

@Ken, most men would think they are satisfying their women when they are being satisfied. 50-70 percent of women never orgasm. The article below talks about why this is a thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/all-about-sex/201602/why-so-many-women-don-t-have-orgasms%3famp

most men don’t know how to please a women. If a women isn’t allowed to communicate with her husband and leave it all up to god how can she have a good sex life? Stay a virgin until marriage. Never talk about what your husband isn’t doing in the bedroom because god. Sounds like the equation for an amazing sex life, for the man. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

So I read Lori's post about Abbie's article (Working Once the Children are in School Full Time) and it stuck with me for a few days. It bugged me for a reason that I couldn't figure out.

Then today, it hit me.

Missing is any realization that life may have changed for them. We don't know the state of the marriage - perhaps Abbie's mom was fearful of a divorce or separation and wanted to be prepared. We don't know the family financial situation - perhaps her father received a pay cut. We don't know if the market took a dive and caused them to fear they wouldn't have enough for retirement. Perhaps there was a major medical expense. Or hey, maybe Abbie's mother wanted a change in her life.

My point is this: Abbie solely blames having to take more responsibility as a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT on her mother returning to the work force.

She takes nothing about her mother's situation (parents situation?) into this.

This is why I struggle with Lori's "teachings" when they influence women like this.

At the end of the day, we all do the best we can and should try to should others grace because they are probably doing the same thing.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic