IGNORED

Seewalds 38: Waiting on Seaweed Three

Coconut Flan

47 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

My main take away from this is that she took two toddlers out to shop for paint at 7pm.

They probably live on Duggar Time. Remember when the little Duggars used to   Stay up until all hours of the night? And wasn’t broom hockey played very late at night? Also, IIRC, Jessa was the one  ( or maybe it was Jinger) who once said, “if God had wanted us to see the sunrise, he would have made it later in the day”.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

That couch on the right always gives me the heebie jeebies. I don't even know why but I just think that it's a bacterial breeding ground.

is that one she gave birth on ...i think she will keep it forever... 

and i smell a flat tire  - did a woman who is 6 months pregnant move all that furniture...

storyline ..

33 minutes ago, nst said:

is that one she gave birth on ...i think she will keep it forever... 

and i smell a flat tire  - did a woman who is 6 months pregnant move all that furniture...

storyline ..

She’s nesting. Nesting women are very determined. And it sounds like Ben got home before the furniture-moving part.

3 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

She’s nesting. Nesting women are very determined. And it sounds like Ben got home before the furniture-moving part.

i was going to say she was nesting as well.. but hell what do i know

50 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

..and get on a ladder to tape around the ceiling. 

I’ll buy this one...I stood on the back of my couch (in hindsight, like an absolute moron) and hung curtain rods because I HAD TO have them mounted that day. I was 6 months pregnant. 

My son is a night owl so my husband and I would think it was normal to be out with him at 7pm. My guess is that Spurgeon and Henry are likely night owls like the rest of the Duggar. 

12 hours ago, Moogritt said:

I’ll buy this one...I stood on the back of my couch (in hindsight, like an absolute moron) and hung curtain rods because I HAD TO have them mounted that day. I was 6 months pregnant. 

yep! We completed on our doer-upper when I was 7 months pregnant, and I spent the whole of my third trimester up ladders and on furniture stripping wallpaper, painting walls, and putting up new ceilings. Didn't give it much thought tbh. My partner designed our kitchen and when I was 38 weeks the pre-cut pieces got delivered  on a palette when only I was home, so I carried a lot of huge bits of wood too. I'd have preferred not to do that if I could have helped it, and I generally avoided too much lifting/carrying, but if a thing's got to get done it's got to get done. I just listened to my body and wasn't shy about saying no to particular tasks. 

Painting one room with one-coat paint wouldn't be beyond many pregnant women if they were sensible. We're not made of glass.

EDIT - with the usual caveat that every pregnancy is different and can really take it out of you, SPD is a doozy etc.

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

But that's the thing - where would I pile all my useless stuff?! :pb_lol:

But seriously, I thinking more like where do you put drinks down and stuff like that, especially if you have visitors. And toddlers that are going to knock over any glasses placed on the floor...

Toddlers are also going to knock over any glasses on the table, just FYI. ? Not trying to be snarky in the least... but we have learned SOOOO much from our super spirited 3.5 year old ever since she became mobile. She can get into ANYTHING. She was DANCING on our table at 16 months old (no one helped her get up there, either...) so the table was definitely more of a nuisance / danger for us.

We just hold drinks now or don't have them where she can reach them period. It's annoying sometimes, but I know she (and little sister) will be over this phase in a few years, and we can always buy another table when that time comes! :)

We actually ended up selling ours for $10 more than we paid for it when we first got married, too! 

17 minutes ago, twoandthrough said:

Toddlers are also going to knock over any glasses on the table, just FYI. ?

No way! Toddlers, knock things over?! ;)

I think glasses and such are at far more risk on the floor, where toddlers, adults, and animals are even more likely to knock them over. And it would drive me crazy to not have anywhere to put mugs, books, phones, etc., especially when entertaining. But hey, that's just me. No judgement here. Whatever works for you, do it! Just let me keep my end tables. :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

No way! Toddlers, knock things over?! ;)

I think glasses and such are at far more risk on the floor, where toddlers, adults, and animals are even more likely to knock them over. And it would drive me crazy to not have anywhere to put mugs, books, phones, etc., especially when entertaining. But hey, that's just me. No judgement here. Whatever works for you, do it! Just let me keep my end tables. :pb_lol:

I used to think that, but if it spills on the floor, you only have to clean up one thing, and on a table, two (usually spills to the floor). I honestly was really skeptical of getting rid of it, thinking how would we entertain guests (because we do a lot!), but we haven't had any issues in over a year. I wouldn't say we'll never have one again, though - just not till they're a bit older! :)

Pregnancy does not make you a fragile flower, well normal non complicated pregnancy. She's a healthy 20 something woman pregnant with her 3rd baby, pushing a few couches across hardwood floors isn't that strenuous. Remember she's got a 2 year old a 3 year old, they didn't get in that cart by themselves.  

Jessa has a habit of using big words in the wrong context, or just plain wrong.  She's thinking minimalist but that isn't what it is. She freshened up the room and sold the bulky coffee table. I have a feeling they are getting ready to sell the house, and removing things and a fresh coat of pain can make that small living room look bigger.   

The Duggars to go bed late and sleep in because almost none of them have typical jobs or attend school. Most toddlers would be getting ready for bed around 7-8, but they probably need to be up to go to daycare, preschool, etc. None of the Duggars have ever had to adjust to anything close to resembling a 9-5 schedule so I'm not surprised that Henry and Spurgeon would be up and seemingly unbothered at that hour.

I have a couple of friends who were SAHMs before their kids started kindergarten and the kids would routinely go to bed at 9-10 pm and then sleep until 9 am. Getting them off to school was a thing of nightmares for YEARS because all of a sudden they had to be up 2-3 hours earlier and they had a really tough time adjusting. But since Jessa's boys won't be going to school, except to maybe SOTDRT where their father will teach them how to make enough food for 40 people, they won't have to deal with that.

That looks awful. What the hell. I didn't like the old bed but this like college apartment poverty-line type stuff.

Also that mirror propped up against the wall with 3 toddlers is a terrible accident waiting to happen.

7 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

college apartment poverty-line type stuff.

?

Nearly all of my friends have their apartments decorated like this, so I laughed out loud at your comment. (I brought my bed frame from home bc I am a high maintenance only child, so my apartment lacks the typical college theme :P

1 minute ago, Belugaloo said:

?

Nearly all of my friends have their apartments decorated like this, so I laughed out loud at your comment. (I brought my bed frame from home bc I am a high maintenance only child, so my apartment lacks the typical college theme :P

It's exactly how my apartment looked for 3 years of law school!

Ugh, I hate having the mattress on the floor, I don't care how high the mattress is. That changing table is very nice, though.

The mattress is not on the floor, they have a boxspring.

I like it like that and I see it a lot lately. But then again, I think head- and footboards are mostly ugly.

44 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

The mattress is not on the floor, they have a boxspring.

I like it like that and I see it a lot lately. But then again, I think head- and footboards are mostly ugly.

This. I found a frame I liked made by a local company but with their policy that they will not assemble on site and my stairs were too narrow for anything but flat pack means, I stuck with the mattress on a box springs on the floor.

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

removing things and a fresh coat of pain

My favorite auto-correct of the day!! ?

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have a feeling they are getting ready to sell the house, and removing things and a fresh coat of pain can make that small living room look bigger.   

Came here after seeing all of Jessa's posts to see if anyone else had this thought as well.  Time will tell of course but I won't be surprised if that's where this is heading. 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have a feeling they are getting ready to sell the house, and removing things and a fresh coat of pain can make that small living room look bigger.   

I would imagine that they are getting ready to sell. They have been there a while and well, with a new baby they are outgrowing that house for sure. 

Our bed is low like that, and it's a great height for us. We do have the boxspring and mattress in a mission-style sleigh bed though. I am so short that normal beds are hard for me to get on and off of. Totally agree, mirror is an accident waiting to happen. And I feel like the room needs some artwork on the walls. Surprised they don't have the Hobby Lobby crap hanging, "always kiss me good night" and sappy goop like that.  We have a little 5x7 photo of us as a couple at the beach sitting on a dresser, but pics of us hanging on the walls? I know what we look like, don't need it hanging over my bed. ??

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived