IGNORED

Seewalds 38: Waiting on Seaweed Three

Coconut Flan

23 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Now I really think they are getting ready to sell/move, and getting rid of as much bulky furniture before hand is brilliant.  Honestly, I think the bed & box spring on the floor is brilliant for her, getting in and out of bed will be easier right now, and I agree that the little getting in and off the bed is just a plus.  I don't think it will be like that for long, a few months for sure. I would bet they list the house after Threewald is born. 

I do like the wall color she's chosen and the changing table looks good too.  I'm not a fan of the mirror, my daughter has one of those, but it is mounted behind her bedroom door, she's had it since she was 5.  

One of my friends is getting ready to sell her house, and she's been going on about how the specific paint color Jessa used (Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore) is the color stagers and designers use to stage houses to sell more quickly. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

I see a lot of people in my mom groups switching to floor beds for co-sleeping. It makes sense in that regard as it is safer than having a baby/child fall to the floor from a high mattress. I could never go for it though. I need my under the bed storage and I feel like if my child could roll off the bed then they belong in their own safe space. We did recently though get rid of our old large wood heardboard/footboard combo with boxspring and switched to a simple upholstered headboard/platform bed. It's pretty cool- all the parts came packaged so they fit in the headboard for moving and it only cost $160 on amazon for a king size.

Jessa responded to someone in her comments that she did order an upholstered bed frame from Amazon but then sold it because she liked the way the bed looked on the floor. 

• Thank You 2

I was almost convinced that Jessa and Ben were staging their house to sell it, but apparently not:

dwc4l663rip21.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Well there goes that idea! I am now stopping trying to make sense of fundies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Depends on her definition of "the time being", notice she said IF we are still here in 2 years.  They aren't listing now, but are looking to probably fairly soon. I'm guessing it will depend on if the next baby is a boy or girl, if it is a girl they will want a 3rd bedroom. 

**ETA, sorry for being a PITA, I realize I'm sounding really difficult here, I don't HAVE to be right, I guess I just have to be difficult. :confusion-shrug: ?

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 4

It seems like the Seewalds have a decent sized yard. I wonder why they don’t just initiate the Duggar Barking Tree and have a house add on party, ala the Amish. With all the free hands, an addition could be light work. Frankly, if I was the Seewalds, I’d want to move as no one wants a freeway outside their front  window/door, or a garbage dump either.

I’m thinking Seewald3 is another boy. It seems like there might be a bit more activity if a girl was on the way. Beyond the changing table, which she may still be using for Henry, but probably not, there hasn’t been much talk of procuring or readying baby stuff. But with the way Jessa likes to screw with the media/public, and the inherent Duggar Time gene, one never knows.

• Upvote 8

They seem to co-sleep, and the bed on the floor works much better for that. My guess is they are trying to transition Henry to his own bed before the baby comes, but are realistic that he’ll still crawl in a lot. 

Likely also wisely avoiding specifically saying co-sleep to avoid a swarm of judgey mom comments. 

A 2 bedroom house with three little ones seems big enough,   especially if babies/toddlers/pre-schoolers mostly hang with mom and dad. 

And there’s really no need for new “stuff” , boy or girl, she might be avoiding big showers to spare Lauren, with the really sad coincidence of birth dates. 

She has Felicity for baby clothes hand-me downs for cutsey things  if it’s a girl, 4 million little boys for everything else. Plus, she has a tv show, and her family has 300+ real estate holdings. She can hit Target for pink fluff if she wants.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

They seem to co-sleep, and the bed on the floor works much better for that. My guess is they are trying to transition Henry to his own bed before the baby comes, but are realistic that he’ll still crawl in a lot. 

Likely also wisely avoiding specifically saying co-sleep to avoid a swarm of judgey mom comments. 

A 2 bedroom house with three little ones seems big enough,   especially if babies/toddlers/pre-schoolers mostly hang with mom and dad. 

And there’s really no need for new “stuff” , boy or girl, she might be avoiding big showers to spare Lauren, with the really sad coincidence of birth dates. 

She has Felicity for baby clothes hand-me downs for cutsey things  if it’s a girl, 4 million little boys for everything else. Plus, she has a tv show, and her family has 300+ real estate holdings. She can hit Target for pink fluff if she wants.

Yes, necessity is the mother of all inventions. The only Duggars who ever needed a plan were JB and Michelle when they had about 14 kids, a troubled son, a 3 BR soon to be demolished home and little else. TLC filled that necessity and the rest is history. I doubt Jinger will be sharing too many items from CA, probably easier to drive over to the Duggar storage unit and pick up what you need.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, necessity is the mother of all inventions. The only Duggars who ever needed a plan were JB and Michelle when they had about 14 kids, a troubled son, a 3 BR soon to be demolished home and little else. TLC filled that necessity and the rest is history. I doubt Jinger will be sharing too many items from CA, probably easier to drive over to the Duggar storage unit and pick up what you need.

Definitely easier - but would you rather dig through musty boxes of decades old frumptastic  jumpers, or cajole your fashionista sister to send you her insta ready baby girl wardrobe ? ???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

Perhaps there is a courtship on the horizon, and they might need to hand this little starter home over to a new couple?  Or, is there a chance that Ben might need to move to Moody's to finish his degree? Or perhaps after he graduates he hopes for a church internship somewhere?

Edited by HereticHick

I like the wall color. Especially in the living room. That green before was so dark and made the room look/feel dark. I think though that "minimalist" is now the word she is looking for. A lot of this looks like it would fit under the "scandi" hashtag on Instagram. I personally like that look. I do not think the bed on the floor looks nice, especially with the blanket hanging over the side, it makes it look messy instead of simple.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

It's one thing to put your box spring and mattress on the floor as a student-- you're probably moving apartments every year or two and maybe you don't want to take apart and move a bed frame every time, you don't have a lot of money, and you're just starting life out with not a whole lot of furniture on your own. It just seems strange to me to go from having a bed frame to putting a mattress on the floor. It's like moving backwards. Ikea sells beds that are low-profile, inexpensive, and would work well for Jessa's setup if she is over having bulky furniture. They have wood slats instead of a box spring. 

I have the bed frame from Ikea that she probably wants. I think it was the Malm one (that it looks like they don't sell anymore). No headboard, the "foot board" is really just the end and has minimal detail, just a smidge to make it interesting. Looks low to the floor, but now too bad and the best is that there is still storage. I don't get how she was not making use of that under bed storage. That house is not that big. I have have the cheap fabric storage boxes they sell under ours for storing off season clothes, extra shoes (ok ok it is my wholly unnecessary flip flop collection because I live where it almost never warm enough for them), wrapping paper for birthdays and the rest of the year, a separate box for the Christmas paper. I could not live without under bed storage anymore. Where does she keep these things!?!?

On 3/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, mpheels said:

Their nearest IKEA is 7ish hours away by car (either Memphis or St Louis), and delivery fees are outrageous if you don’t live near the store. They could probably get a similar platform bed frame from a different store, but may not have even considered it before seeing the mattress plus box spring without a frame and realizing they liked the style. 

Not being snarky, more BEC, but the closest one is in Memphis and that is under 5 hours. The St. Louis one is a bit over 5 hours, but it also is probably due to all the construction. In AR that is not a huge deal to drive a while to get to anything, at least that was the impression I got growing up. Once my mom was bored on a Saturday and was like "lets go have lunch" and we just randomly drove from Little Rock to Branson for lunch and back, didn't really do anything else. That is a three hour drive. I think far away is matter of what one is used to (my husband disagrees with my definition of "down the street" so I hear this a lot). I do AGREE thought, that there is no reason she has to go to Ikea with plenty of nice alternatives on Amazon for example or other online places that have way cheaper delivery costs.

• Upvote 4

I love low beds, but a mattress needs to breath (or you get mold and dust problems).  Instead of a boxspring she should have a slatted frame.  Also, the low mattress really only looks good with duvets.  Sheets are too fussy for the truly minimalist/scandi look.  And yes, I know, the duvet/sheet debate is almost another peanut butter war.  

Eta... I just went the back and looked at the the picture again.  She does have a duvet.  But all the extra bedding dragging on the floor is giving me the heebie jeebies. That would be impossible to keep clean.  

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

@Denim Jumper your remark about boning in your bunk bed made me think of this:

Grandma got the guest room! Hahaha, go Grandma!

• Haha 4

On 4/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, Whatthefundie said:

Jessa responded to someone in her comments that she did order an upholstered bed frame from Amazon but then sold it because she liked the way the bed looked on the floor. 

Reminds me of being a poor college student or new graduate just starting out.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The ”malm” series from Ikea is the furniture my now husband had when we moved in together. We had de bed, with night stands, but today we only have the dressers.

(I give you this mid night picture taken from our not Malm bed.)

65d7738e139bacdedebea12624982145.jpg&key=2f047b8e087e240b8401274d861043489822d8d512880bc33d71f6981d02823e

The Malm furniture is great for storage, but the reason we got rid of the bed was that it hurt so bad when I 1) walked into it [emoji37] 2) took a large step and stepped on the corner [emoji30] 3) when I fell off it onto the frame [emoji2959]. We used to say it that the bed frame was attacking us!!

d2afe52ed4b7a51d685c7e4eb045028e.jpg&key=0a10582751dcc870fcc9a0b354ff1d757bbe15ecd3e2e80a349a636393527265

I am now working on getting the dressers out of our bed room, but I wouldn’t get rid of them, since they are marvelous for storage. I will however paint them, and also put wallpaper on the front in order to make them more fun

1e5e8cfa0a55a6f14baaae6f749ab8eb.jpg&key=e6e3919ae148d81c0c201c89f27417707c7cf654ce37a375011061e2dc7303f0

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, is.it.real said:

I am now working on getting the dressers out of our bed room, but I wouldn’t get rid of them, since they are marvelous for storage. I will however paint them, and also put wallpaper on the front in order to make them more fun

I get the love a dresser too much to get rid of it. I've got the tall Hemnes, which stores quite a good amount of stuff for it's size. I hate dressers with shallow drawers!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Agree with the above for Malm storage. We have two in our bedroom and it when Little Outta 2 was on his way it was really the best option for amount of baby stuff you need to store. I have two in there (1 4 drawer and 1 3 drawer) and could honestly get away with using no other furniture in his room (besides a crib of course) if we did not have a million children's books for him already. I am amazed at home much they hold. Also that the Skubb (?) organizer boxes fit so perfectly to make two rows. Seriously I am sounding like an Ikea commercial now. ? Can we tell I am a "typical millennial"?

• I Agree 1

Hubby and I have the black Malm bed that it.is.real linked to, and we really like it. Especially the storage under the bed! But we have a quite large bedroom and no kids, so no bumping into corners or kids running into them. 

IKEA + some old furniture that my grandfather made (he was a painter and carpenter) = great mix, and it doesn't look like a showroom from IKEA :)

• Upvote 2

I had an IKEA Malm bed all through law school and it is now in my guest bedroom. That was exactly the bed I had in mind in my previous comment that Jessa could get a way better setup at IKEA than just putting a box spring on the floor! 

• Upvote 3

All this Ikea talk makes me feel some sort of weird Swedish pride. ??:banana-dance:

Our house does have a decent amount of Ikea furniture too. They really are excellent at storage. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I get the love a dresser too much to get rid of it. I've got the tall Hemnes, which stores quite a good amount of stuff for it's size. I hate dressers with shallow drawers!

I have the tall Hemnes too.  I love it, it's a fantastic dresser, beautiful and big drawers. I put a mirror on top of it and now I use it as a vanity as well.  Sometimes I even use it as a standing desk when I get tired of sitting. 

• Upvote 2

I have an IKEA bed too!  I have long-forgotten the name, but it’s curved white metal and looks like an old-fashioned wrought iron head and foot board. I picked it because it doesn’t hog floor space in my tiny bedroom like the inherited Ethan Allen cannonball frame that preceded it. And the tiny room means that of course all manner of seasonal items are stored under it. 

My friend has a metal spring  frame that eliminates the box spring but still keeps the mattress at a standard height while also giving space for a lot of storage underneath. We both have small older houses with tiny closets, so neither of us is willing to forgo the storage. 

• Upvote 4

I love the Malm bed frame. I like the Ikea look - not fussy, but not chrome and glass. I would love to replace my bed frame with that one, but the one I have is an inherited antique. It's kind of gothic looking (which suits me) but the mattress slides around because the bed was made for my grandfather who was tall. I have the whole bedroom set and don't want to give it up, but I'd love to switch out for something simpler with more storage since my house is so tiny. But of course, I have no place to store the set if I did switch out, so I'm torn. 

My sister is building a house, but she won't have room for this set either. We did, however, spend a good 3 hours in Ikea last Saturday. Ikea rocks. 

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic