IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

NOBODY IS ATTEMPTING TO DELEGITIMIZE THE VALID CLAIMS FOR NOT CIRCUMCISING. I believe many of us in the US are of an age where it just isn’t as common. The truth though, is that overwhelmingly, statistically, it has happened, in hospitals, to men. It picked up in practice and trended to the norm for awhile. Now it may not be necessary. It may cause complications. Babies are humans and feel pain. The penis has nerve endings that can be aroused.

It IS NOT the same as a custom designed solely to destroy a women’s sexual pleasure and can leave her with a hole. Like this.

Sorry, this is a graphic. Not too bad, but still.

Why do we need to equate them? I’m not seeing anyone say that circumcision is necessary. That’s what is frustrating about this conversation.

Spoiler

56F66036-00E3-4DE5-87B6-C91C535BD3B8.png.cdb5dd6637041e1c18fdb19fcdb9a124.png

• Upvote 21
  • Move Along 1

You can't equate male circumcision with female circumcision. You know, you can think two different things are bad without equating them. I personally think it's harmful to spank your child, and I also think it's harmful to beat your child up. I would not do either. But I'm not going to equate parents who spank their kids with parents who beat their kids up, or suggest that spanking your kid is 'just as bad' as beating them up.

• Upvote 33
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

This is why I was overjoyed as a single mom when I delivered a girl (didn't know ahead of time). No daddy in the house, and not a penis owner. I do know single moms of sons who have done great jobs, so they figure it out somehow.

All the circumcised males I have been with (which is all the males I have been with) sure didn't seem like they suffered from reduced sexual pleasure. And how the hell would their circumcision have reduced my pleasure?

Bullshit.

They have nothing to compare to. A vast majority were done as a baby. I have spoken to one man (so not a majority opinion obvs) who was done as an adult and he said there was a MASSIVE difference.

As for women's pleasure, I think there is so many situational variables that it may hard to single out the pleasure difference for a women having sex with a uncut or cut man.

• Upvote 3

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have circumcised my son.  I just did what everyone said to, I didn't have a back bone to say otherwise. That was probably the last thing that I let someone roll over me.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 2/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, SilverBeach said:

All the circumcised males I have been with (which is all the males I have been with) sure didn't seem like they suffered from reduced sexual pleasure. And how the hell would their circumcision have reduced my pleasure?

Here is a forum dedicated to men who were cut and wish they weren't, to the point that they try to restore penile skin to act like a foreskin (which is no easy feat): https://foreskinrestoration.vbulletin.net/forum/in-this-together/for-partners-of-restorers
I personally know someone who wishes he had never been cut as an infant. He says he has little to no physical feeling during sex.

Information about male circumcision and women with countless sources: https://www.circinfo.org/Circumcision_and_women.html

http://www.cirp.org/library/sex_function/bensley1/
An exerpt from this source: `During intercourse, the skin of an intact penis slides up and down the shaft, stimulating the glans and the nerves of the inner and outer foreskin. On the outstroke, the glans is partially or completely engulfed by the foreskin with more skin remaining inside the vagina than is the case with the circumcised penis. This `valve' mechanism is thought to retain the natural lubrication provided by the female because the bunched up skin acts to block the lubrication escaping from the vagina, which results in dryness.'

So, without the foreskin, the female's natural lubrication during sex dries up much quicker. Also, because of the reduced sensitivity to the penis, there is more friction during intercourse. This can lead to vaginal dryness and discomfort. Additionally, an intact penis has a "ridged band" which helps to stimulate a female's G spot and inner labia. This is a function specific to the foreskin.
More detailed insight: https://www.foregen.org/human_foreskin
Also see: http://www.cirp.org/library/sex_function/

The foreskin is an organ and its primary purpose is for sexual function. It does not mean that males or females cannot have a fulfilling sex life without it. However, it is still a fact that the foreskin is a sexual organ and that a lack of it can reduce penile and sexual sensitivity. Recognizing this does not downplay the dangers of FGM, but educates the importance that this organ has.

Edited by Taylurker
Added a comment~
  • Upvote 22
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 3

I've gotta say, I equate circumcision to piercing a baby's ears. Unless there's a medical reason to do it, it's their body and not my decision. When you take religion out of it as a tradition, it makes even less sense to me, and even as a religious tradition I'd prefer a move to something like a ceremonial nick in the skin rather than a complete removal. I boggled at the non-religious friend who told me she'd had her son circumcised just so he'd look like his dad, because that just doesn't seem like a great reason to me. How hard is it to explain that everyone's penis looks different?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Jana with help of brothers and Anna redecoreted her parents bedroom.

Now we can have a poll "who did it better - Jana or Erin?" :D

Spoiler

Edited by miss_batson
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2

I want the poll now! This fundie kids are really obsess with their parents bedroom yuck!!

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Well, it is important to have nice surroundings to conceive those new blessings! :brainbleach:

The good things is these two wont conceive never again ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

23 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Well, it is important to have nice surroundings to conceive those new blessings! :brainbleach:

Help! I will need an extra load of brain bleach now to erase this from my poor brain 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Jana with help of brothers and Anna redecoreted her parents bedroom.

Now we can have a poll "who did it better - Jana or Erin?" :D

Well, here are my (very BEC) two cents:

The main bedroom looked pretty bad before, so I generally like what she did with it. Especially the window area turned out pretty nicely, I think. That said, I don't understand why she left the dark-brown wooden nightstand when everything else is in grey tones. It looks completely misplaced.

The weird corner under the stairwell that Harry Potter may or may not have lived in before he went to Hogwarts looks almost as bad in the 'after' as in the 'before.' Again, the dark brown does not fit in with the rest of the room. And does she really expect someone to sit in that armchair?

While I'm very glad that she got rid of the fake ivy (?) on top of the bathroom cabinet, she actually ADDED to the overall number of tchotchkes. Nobody needs a ton of pictures and inspirational signs and fake plans in the bathroom. Just NO. Also, again, why is the frame of the mirror they added above the bathtub brown and not grey like everything else?

All in all, I'd say it's an improvement - but definitely not something I would expect from a professional (since so many people here have argued she should become a professional interior decorator). I'll give it a 5/10.

Edited by JillyO
A processional is not the same thing as a professional.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

On 2/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I have spoken to one man (so not a majority opinion obvs) who was done as an adult and he said there was a MASSIVE difference. 

Some men who are circumcised later in life report no difference (or an increase) in sensitivity, so hard to draw any conclusions there.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/all-about-sex/201510/does-circumcision-reduce-men-s-sexual-sensitivity

Also, we (e.g. World Health Organization) started calling the female thing female genital mutilation (FGM) some time ago to indicate that yes, it's much worse than male circumcision.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I think it really looks nice, and I think it's sweet that they did this as a surprise for their parents. I don't know why this makes them obsessed with their parents bedroom~ The Duggar kids are a lot more pure in mind than this board, and I doubt their first thought when they think about their parents bedroom is Mom and Dad doing it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@viii is not the first time we see the master bedroom renovation, look also in the Bates tread Erin just redo her parents bedroom for I think the 2 time in 4 years or so. It seems to me (but i'm not really sure) that also the Duggars have already make a redo.

• Upvote 3

I think it is a nice surprise (and hopefully welcome*) and it looks like everyone was involved.  I like the idea of a family project.  Overall they made some nice improvements.  I'm impressed that they did those built-ins themselves.  

As an amateur family project this is nice/decent.

Now, if this is a jumping off point for some kind of professional design/decorating gig, I'd say they need a lot more training.

Also, I kind of like the old bathroom better (minus the frames above the bathtub).  

*Personally, I would hate it if someone totally redesigned my bedroom without any of my input.  

Edited by freshlemonade
spelling
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

They've got a construction management bachelor's program at John Brown University. It will always be incomprehensible to me that the Duggars haven't laid the groundwork for family businesses beyond just the property management. There seems to be enough ability and interest for some of the kidults to do a remodel business. But they always half-ass their "business" stuff. Did the Bates keep doing the tree business, or is that defunct now?

As for Jana, I think she'd probably be decent at home staging. She (and all the bates and duggar women who post these kinds of lifestyle grams) is usually using fairly trendy color schemes and decor. The style is pretty generic and inoffensive and looks pleasant. That's pretty much exactly what you want for home staging. TTH's floorplan and eaves situations have probably pushed her to be creative in defining spaces. The Duggars definitely have enough properties to store a stock of home staging and if they widened it up to Fayetteville/Rogers, then there might be enough of a market. 

• Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

kind of like the old bathroom better (minus the frames above the bathtub

I agree.

The bedroom has been improved, though.

Anyway, this fundie hobbie of redecorate parents bedroom is utterly weird.

• Upvote 6

I also find this a very weird hobby and Jana's IG only confirms what we've been suspecting here all along: She's still sleeping in the girls bedroom with all her much younger sisters and doesn't seem to have much going on for herself except when she gets to go on a little trip with some family members.

The fact that she presumably spends most of her time parenting her younger siblings and doing projects around the house is saddening IMO. It must be so weird to have all the siblings who are close in age married with babies while living that SAHD lifestyle.

But we also know how fast these things can change with fundies. Jana might be married and pregnant as early as next year.

• Upvote 6

58 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

They've got a construction management bachelor's program at John Brown University. It will always be incomprehensible to me that the Duggars haven't laid the groundwork for family businesses beyond just the property management. There seems to be enough ability and interest for some of the kidults to do a remodel business. But they always half-ass their "business" stuff. Did the Bates keep doing the tree business, or is that defunct now?

As for Jana, I think she'd probably be decent at home staging. She (and all the bates and duggar women who post these kinds of lifestyle grams) is usually using fairly trendy color schemes and decor. The style is pretty generic and inoffensive and looks pleasant. That's pretty much exactly what you want for home staging. TTH's floorplan and eaves situations have probably pushed her to be creative in defining spaces. The Duggars definitely have enough properties to store a stock of home staging and if they widened it up to Fayetteville/Rogers, then there might be enough of a market. 

Education and work, surely you jest.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Good Moms have...what?

Guesses please

Clean floors?

Good Moms have big boobs

• Haha 20

Now I'm curious where they got the $$$ to do this, without their parents knowing about it before hand!

Seems they have access to $$$ from somewhere.

Good moms have sticky floors and happy kids, probably. I see similar quotes all the time on social media. You're a bad mom if your floors are clean, you know.

I just noticed they have dual shower heads. Sexy.

Edited by FleeJanaFree
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Good Moms have big boobs

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Good Moms have...what?

Guesses please

Clean floors?

Screenshot_20190301-163119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good Moms have chocolate, wine and some dark twisty humor to keep us sane. :D 

• Upvote 2