IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

Dang, those are some heels! I’m a 5’3” Never-Heeler, so I often forget the magical height increasing powers they possess ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

She replied to a comment and said she was wearing heels and she's 5'4-1/2"

Wow! I for some reason always thought of her as fairly tall - must just be how she comes across on screen. Hard to believe she's basically my height.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 4/12/2019 at 4:34 AM, Thorns said:

Janas instagram seems so carefully curated. The other girls' are less so, with the possible exception of Jinger, but there we know why - hipster preacher couple trying to make it in the world. So, what is Jana (and her Instagram) being primed for, and why?

I’d say jinger and Jessa both have INCREDIBLY curated instagrams. Jessa in particular regularly posts walls of carefully crafted texts and her captions and pictures are painfully thought out to be as relatable, “lol motherhood is messy, amiright”, as possible. Even those “lolz my house is so dirty” posts strike me as very carefully crafted to build her image as a relatably overwhelmed mom, ‘just like you!’ 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I’d say jinger and Jessa both have INCREDIBLY curated instagrams. Jessa in particular regularly posts walls of carefully crafted texts and her captions and pictures are painfully thought out to be as relatable, “lol motherhood is messy, amiright”, as possible. Even those “lolz my house is so dirty” posts strike me as very carefully crafted to build her image as a relatably overwhelmed mom, ‘just like you!’ 

The biggest difference between jill and jessa to me is that jessa saw that her "omg abortion=holocaust" posts were not working to build her brand and stopped. Whether it was through TLC, her parents, or herself and Ben, she decided that building the brand was more important than showing the world what they really believe. Jill and Derrick decided that showing the ugliness of their beliefs was more important than the show and building their brand.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

At least Jill and Derrick aren’t fake then.I would rather none of them say anything but if they must let it be their true selves. Jessa is just too manufactured and scripted in everything she does. A crafty, disingenuous media savvy fundie wife is a lot worse than Jilly muffin being awkward and earnest. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

Jill and Derrick decided that showing the ugliness of their beliefs was more important than the show and building their brand.

If they even put enough thought into it to decide.

• Upvote 3

What does FJ know about the "@andreggfamily" who's daughter Jana tagged in her Easter insta story? Tumblr/google tells me that they are very ATI and are speaking at family conference this year, that the ¿dad? helped in the building of the TTH, and that Jana's story features the ¿oldest? daughter. Oh, and what seems to be the paternal grandmother was murdered?

Edit: more searching through the interwebs reveals that these kids (Ashlynn, Lauren, Brianna, Kiersten, Gabrielle, and Jeremiah) show up frequently in local 5k's/races/sports, i'm impressed. Often paired with Duggars, Caldwells, and others. keeping tabs on future potential suitors *bahahaha*?

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Thank You 5

Jana once again working in the garden. not that i think there is anything wrong with that but it seems to be the only thing she talks about. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jana once again working in the garden. not that i think there is anything wrong with that but it seems to be the only thing she talks about. 

You probably shouldn't talk to me much for the next 3 months, or look at my FB then. I bore the crap out of everyone with pictures of my (way crappier) garden. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

You probably shouldn't talk to me much for the next 3 months, or look at my FB then. I bore the crap out of everyone with pictures of my (way crappier) garden. 

I hope you post them here too because I don't have fb but I want to see! 

My garlic's already looking great.  But the artichokes I tried to overwinter didn't make it.  Should be seeing asparagus appear any day I think.  :romance-heart: ?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

I hope you post them here too because I don't have fb but I want to see! 

My garlic's already looking great.  But the artichokes I tried to overwinter didn't make it.  Should be seeing asparagus appear any day I think.  :romance-heart: ?

I only have seven pots so far. We are still in the having to bring them in at night because it still freezes stage.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I only have seven pots so far. We are still in the having to bring them in at night because it still freezes stage.

Haven't had freezing temps the last few nights but that doesn't mean we won't -- we're still a month or so from generally safe time to plant outside without a greenhouse (which I don't have).

I do have a little 6-pack of sugar baby watermelon starts on the kitchen windowsill because last year by the time they got ripe it was autumn and too cold for watermelon!  I'm determined to have a few ripe ones while it's still warm this summer...

• Upvote 2

I gave up on watermelon. They just don't get ripe before the cold gets them. :(

Yeah. Our last snow is usually Memorial Day or so so I'm a patio garden only girl. 

• Upvote 3

In regards to size, a lot of the Duggar girls are small like Michelle, and most of them are taller than her even, I've seen Anna and Jana in real life, and Anna is of average height and not at all overweight. My first thought at seeing Jana in person was that she was very tiny. That could be why you've been thinking Anna was tall or had a bigger frame - not the case. She's just in a sea of tiny sister in laws, haha. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.26ee68f261c0116c7f1d75c4d27bacae.png

Spoiler

image.png.58a5a39d554e472d651e301a757569c4.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

if you follow Laura (Jana's friend) on insta you can see that her and Jana re in Colorado riding an inside  farris wheel

I highly doubt they drove the 14 hrs. to Colorado from Big Sandy. John probably flew them, possibly along with other siblings. Anna along with JB+M & crew are back in AR. 

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic