IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

anyone else trying to figure out what all pictures she has on her photo-board in her nook? lol I see the sisters voting, Merry, Spurge, and flying with I'm assuming John (though the lighting of that photo makes it look like more hair than John has ever had xD) 

• Upvote 4

The one photo of her with Spurgeon I believe is the photo that Lawson accidentally shared and then removed in Instagram 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

IMG_2161.thumb.PNG.5e2ac439cb17452ec80ee379893a5078.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_2162.thumb.PNG.433f631b8f7d652ba188607d3e4c5583.PNG

So I zoomed. The bottom right picture looks like Jed, Jeremiah, Joy, and James. 

Top left on the second picture of the second board looks like Israel, top right looks like Jana and Felicity. Bottom left looks like Jana with Mac and Merry. The rest I can't really tell. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I noticed in the comments that someone (very tactfully, I thought) asked her if she still shared a room with her younger sisters, and Jana responded that she’d had the opportunity to move to her own room but had decided to still share a room with her younger sisters. It was a very kindly worded response. It was so sweet, as a matter of fact, that I wondered if the exchange might be a plant. 

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 3

I imagine she has the alcove, where Jessa and Jinger originally were and the lost girls are along the length of the room. Does her friend still live with them? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Can, I just say I love this thread title?

Jana loves those kids like her own. I have always suspected Josie holds a special place in her heart, because she was there with her often while Michelle and JB were at the height of travel. I think they were wrong to leave Jana, so young, with a child facing uncertain illness. But not my business. Their household. I wonder if Jana refuses to leave until she knows Josie is stable and seemingly independent. Jana is such a mystery cases because she has been the least vocal of the eldest girls.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

She was probably offered the laundry room bedroom but if shes never been alone then that would be a big jump. Her space is probably the curtain area we've seen on the show before. Alone but not really. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Jana's civil response that @QuiverDance refers to:

It is nice of her to take the question seriously when I assume it's something she's asked all the time and must be tired of hearing. That said, this is another instance where the "we CHOOSE to [do demeaning fundie-gender thing] because we LOVE IT" line falls kinda flat. Though maybe the Lost Girls are scintillating conversationalists. I dunno.

Also, once they're married their views tend to change quite rapidly...

• Upvote 9

Jana even if she did secretly want to take a different room, wouldn't want to upset her sisters, I also think what happened with Josh maybe means she is protective of them. I have always felt Jana was waiting until Josie was around 10 before courting, Jana knows the minute she leaves the more work her sister's have to do. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

As for why Jana is still at the TTH... She seems to admire Michelle so I dunno how concerned she is about the littles' care, especially now that the littles are getting older and more self sufficient. Josie is 9, if Jana married and left there would "only" be 9 kids in the home, with the oldest 3 of those 9 being legal adults. Knowing JB and Michelle, the kids would  get stuck with more housework than the average child, but it's a far cry from teenage Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger taking care of the full group ten years ago when there was a higher ratio of young children and babies. The TTH probably feels downright slow these days compared to circa 2009.

I think Jana is probably just quite shy, has had limited opportunities to meet suitable fundie bachelors, and maybe has a very specific type of guy in mind that no one has measured up to yet.

Jana also seems more overtly religious than her sisters and maybe she struggles with the purity culture internally a little. It's so hammered into fundie women that when you are a virgin, you are valuable and special. Then you find a man, have a wedding where you're suddenly a spectacle and everyone in the room knows you're losing your virginity that night. It's all probably uncomfortable for a lot of these girls, and especially so for a girl that is shy. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

In the youtube vid where they redecorate, I believe it's Jana on the left (one bed, wall you can see behind nook and dresser) and the younger girls in the alcove (multiple beds). Now jing and joy are gone it's what, 5 of them? I guess also the younger girls no longer need bunks, they inherited a bed as each older sister left the house. Still. No thanks!

Edited by HurricaneBells
Source video
  • Upvote 7

I wonder at what Point JB&M will start thinking about moving out and giving the TTH to one of the kids? There are still 11 kids at home, but four of them are technically adults (over 18). James will be 18 in July (no, I didn't know that without asking Wikipedia). There's a good chance that they will have just 4/5 kids living there in just 5 years from now. Will they let Jackson sleep alone in the boys bedroom if it's just him and his younger sisters living at home? Will the house be passed on to the oldest son, whose name should not be spoken, and his (in five years) approximately 7 or 8 kids? 

• Upvote 15

I have no idea if Jana is happy about her status or not. But I don’t think we would get told if she were indeed unhappy.

I also don’t know what to make of all those comments hinting on Jana being the big protecter of her siblings/not wanting to leave them. She admires Michelle and seems to a fundie as it gets- especially because she has no headship that allows/tells her otherwise. What I see is a woman running the TTH as her parents wanted it, a sister that was at least once used as a thread (by Joy to make her siblings obey), the person that had several storylines hopelessly exaggerating her accomplishments. She wether a concert pianist nor an interior designer.

I just hope she gets married and can show her true colours at least.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Why does she need to catch up with her sisters about their days? They spend every day together!

And I'm sorry, but a 29 year old sharing a room with her 9 year old sister is just.... no. That's not a sister relationship, that's maybe an aunt-niece relationship. 

I don't believe for a second she has a choice whether or not she shares her room with sisters 15-20 years younger than her. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 17

I have to agree that for multiple reasons, Jana sharing a room with multiple little girls is an infringement on Janas boundaries. Not that the Duggars know anything about healthy boundaries. I don't have a big problem with Jana living rent free on Duggar property in exchange for childcare. I do and will continue to have a problem with her having to share a room with her little sisters. 

• Upvote 13

I could see JB and Michelle living at the TTH even after their kids have all or mostly grown up and moved out. I think they view it as a home base, a gathering center for all family members. As each Duggar child has more of their own children it'll justify JB and Michelle keeping their large house-- they'll need a big space for holiday get togethers and dinners, birthdays, etc. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, xenobia said:

I wonder at what Point JB&M will start thinking about moving out and giving the TTH to one of the kids? There are still 11 kids at home, but four of them are technically adults (over 18). James will be 18 in July (no, I didn't know that without asking Wikipedia). There's a good chance that they will have just 4/5 kids living there in just 5 years from now. Will they let Jackson sleep alone in the boys bedroom if it's just him and his younger sisters living at home? Will the house be passed on to the oldest son, whose name should not be spoken, and his (in five years) approximately 7 or 8 kids? 

It’s an interesting question. It’s big enough to host the extended family, and if any of the second generation took it over, they would have to be the hosts. It’s possible that the extended family could continue to use it as Duggar HQ even if few of them lived there. Most likely, someday Jim Bob and Michelle will want to downsize, and they will sell it to one of the kids. If no one ends up with a mega family, they might sell to another big family or something like a crisis pregnancy center (which is what Bobbi and Kenny McCaughey did with their big house).

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I have to agree that for multiple reasons, Jana sharing a room with multiple little girls is an infringement on Janas boundaries. Not that the Duggars know anything about healthy boundaries. I don't have a big problem with Jana living rent free on Duggar property in exchange for childcare. I do and will continue to have a problem with her having to share a room with her little sisters. 

Just to remind people , although it’s technically one room - the girls bedroom is 900 square feet and has ( IIRCC ) 2 bathrooms. So the size of an average two- bedroom home. 

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s an interesting question. It’s big enough to host the extended family, and if any of the second generation took it over, they would have to be the hosts. It’s possible that the extended family could continue to use it as Duggar HQ even if few of them lived there. Most likely, someday Jim Bob and Michelle will want to downsize, and they will sell it to one of the kids. If no one ends up with a mega family, they might sell to another big family or something like a crisis pregnancy center (which is what Bobbi and Kenny McCaughey did with their big house).

That, or they could pretty easily divide it into two - four units, for a few of the adult families /siblings to share. It wouldn’t be a bad idea, especially if they were siblings who got on well and they kept some communal living/cooking area - with more private family apartments. 

That house is giant

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

They could do a homeschool co-op where all the Duggar kids would bring their children over to be homeschooled. They could even have a nursery/daycare as well, and a few different classrooms. 

• Upvote 15

23 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

In the youtube vid where they redecorate, I believe it's Jana on the left (one bed, wall you can see behind nook and dresser) and the younger girls in the alcove (multiple beds). Now jing and joy are gone it's what, 5 of them? I guess also the younger girls no longer need bunks, they inherited a bed as each older sister left the house. Still. No thanks!

When you look at the blue wall and the curtain, it looks like the desk on the picture is in the left nook

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

We could all be wrong and this could be time she really values. The girls are older now and don't need her mothering them as much so maybe have a more sibling type relationship these days. They probably adore her... as little sisters do. 

• Upvote 10

56 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

They could do a homeschool co-op where all the Duggar kids would bring their children over to be homeschooled. They could even have a nursery/daycare as well, and a few different classrooms. 

I think the same. At least it would be refreshing for the moms, while children would have more kids to play with.

I wonder if they have thought about it or they are so indoctrinated that consider homeschooling as a private issue where nobody (not even nephews) are welcome. Or just lack of imagination.

In fact, it's Maxwells view. They live together but don't share homeschooling. Every mother has to cope with her own kids and organise herself. They loose time and resources, but maintain privacy. Again, not sure if Maxwells think it's the right way to homeschool or it's just that they have to do everything as Teri did, because they are stubborn. Or maybe NR-Anna and Melanie can't work as a team.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think the same. At least it would be refreshing for the moms, while children would have more kids to play with.

I wonder if they have thought about it or they are so indoctrinated that consider homeschooling as a private issue where nobody (not even nephews) are welcome. Or just lack of imagination.

In fact, it's Maxwells view. They live together but don't share homeschooling. Every mother has to cope with her own kids and organise herself. They loose time and resources, but maintain privacy. Again, not sure if Maxwells think it's the right way to homeschool or it's just that they have to do everything as Teri did, because they are stubborn. Or maybe NR-Anna and Melanie can't work as a team.

It would be so efficient if they combined all their home-schooling at the TTH, because then you could separate them into groups of similar age, making it easier to teach, while someone was watching the little kiddos who were not old enough for schooling, so each mum wouldn't have to deal with a screaming 2 year old whilst teaching the 6 year old to read. 

It could go like: 

Group 1: Jordyn, Josie, Mackynzie, Michael 
Group 2: Marcus, Israel, Meredith 
Group 3: Spurgeon, Henry, Samuel, Mason 
Group 4: Gideon, Garrett, (Felicity), Threewald 

Edited by SorenaJ
Felicity in parentheses because it would be a bit of a commute..
  • Upvote 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic