IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

Good suggestion, "big boobs" HereticHick!

I wonder if Jim Bob and Michelle were happy with their kids emptying and clearing out all their drawers and cupboards.

You never know what kind of sexy underwear might be stashed away.

Likewise haemorrhoid cream in bathroom cupboards

• Haha 19

7 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

You never know what kind of sexy underwear might be stashed away.

That old cheerleader uniform is still there for sure.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 8
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

I don't like the redo, except the window seat and shelving which is nice. The rest of it is horribly bland. Why not put some art up on the massive blank wall above the bed? Or get a comforter or bedspread with a splash of colour?

The Bates' did it waaaay better.

And there is zero chance we would have ever done a makeover of our parents' room. It's super weird. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Good Moms have...what?

Guesses please

Clean floors?

Screenshot_20190301-163119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good moms have closed doors

(for sweet fellowship)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

Seriously though, what sort of electronic device was that mounted on the wall in front of the bed in the before pictures? I zoomed in and couldn't figure it out. Whatever it was, they didn't put it back. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 2/21/2019 at 4:53 PM, AussieKrissy said:

They have nothing to compare to. A vast majority were done as a baby. I have spoken to one man (so not a majority opinion obvs) who was done as an adult and he said there was a MASSIVE difference.

As for women's pleasure, I think there is so many situational variables that it may hard to single out the pleasure difference for a women having sex with a uncut or cut man.

They don't really need anything to compare it to. The men I knew, if they had any more pleasure, their heads would have blown off.  Why would someone choose to circumcise as an adult anyway?

As for women's pleasure, clitoris stimulation is the key and actually a penis is optional. It's pleasant, but many women do not orgasm by PIV sex alone, cut or not.

Look, cut if you want to, don't cut if you don't want to. But don't try to make some big sexual thing out of it, or compare it to the real mutilation that is female circumcision.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Good Moms have big boobs

Good moms spend time with their children and know all their names. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Do the Duggars/fundies have sex if the wife is pregnant? Do they see sex solely for procreation or also as a special bonding thing between husband and wife? Can they have sex even if they know the wife is not getting pregnant, because she is already pregnant? 

Hypothetical scenario, what if the wife had a hysterectomy, would they still be allowed to have sex, when there was no chance of conception? 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Good moms have sticky floors and happy kids, probably. I see similar quotes all the time on social media. You're a bad mom if your floors are clean, you know.

I just noticed they have dual shower heads. Sexy.

Both points I wanted to say as well! I am a SAHM and I swear the message is both: "if you have a clean home you are a terrible mother because you are not spending every second with your kids AND you are a terrible mother if your home is not perfectly clean". Drives me crazy. I like my home clean and my 10 month old can only "play" so much. Also sticky floors are gross.

YES the shower heads, I only just saw the rest of the photos and my first thought at the bathroom was "where any of the younger kids conceived there?" Brain Bleach please. I like the bathroom though and could live with it, especially the size.

• Upvote 10

I like it. The "before" was too '80's, imo. It must be a nightmare to try to decorate that house though. All those weird angles and layout. Btw where were the parents?

I like it that she is able to get her siblings to work on projects with her. She even organized that Valentine's Day thing, and most came to it. 

While it is not a life I would choose, she seems content.

I also want to see more of the garden and chickens. For the love of Rufus I would rather have the garden and the chickens on their show than most of what is on it currently.*

*I don't actually watch, I just read Buzzards recaps.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I think the sign in the bathroom looks like this one. It suspiciously looks like they had a TV hookup. I wonder if they just watched movies or....am I wrong in remembering mention of a video surveillance system? 

PSX_20190302_083638.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I must be a bad mom because sticky floors are never okay in my book.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Firebird said:

I think the sign in the bathroom looks like this one. It suspiciously looks like they had a TV hookup. I wonder if they just watched movies or....am I wrong in remembering mention of a video surveillance system? 

PSX_20190302_083638.jpg

I hate this tacky passive aggressive mommy decor.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Do the Duggars/fundies have sex if the wife is pregnant? Do they see sex solely for procreation or also as a special bonding thing between husband and wife? Can they have sex even if they know the wife is not getting pregnant, because she is already pregnant? 

Hypothetical scenario, what if the wife had a hysterectomy, would they still be allowed to have sex, when there was no chance of conception? 

In the first season, when Michelle was pregnant with Jordyn, they went to childbirth classes and were taught that sex during pregnancy is healthy, and if you're overdue, that it can help stimulate labour.

As for hysterectomy, in fundie circles that seems to still be as taboo as periods and menopause and all that's in between. Off to research post-hysterectomy sex because I heard different things about how possible it it; but not from fundies.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Do the Duggars/fundies have sex if the wife is pregnant? Do they see sex solely for procreation or also as a special bonding thing between husband and wife? Can they have sex even if they know the wife is not getting pregnant, because she is already pregnant

Michelle has mentioned more than once that sex is a gift from the lord to married couples. She never said it was solely for procreation. Sex is something married couples engage in and god chooses who and when to bless with babies. Sex should be pleasurable for both men and women (but only within marriage.) 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

The remodeling project turned out nice. They did a pretty good job considering what it looked like before. Not the best of colors but I have to say it's impressive that they did the cabinets from scratch. The praise that Joanna Gaines Jana is getting on Instagram blew up my leg humper meter. She said it herself, she didn't even do any of the work! The brothers did it all, she just told them what to do. I'm not saying she's a bum but people need to calm down. 

Her Instagram is only confirming what's been spoken here and how she's been portrayed on the show. She loves her family, she organizes family get-togethers, she loves doing home remodeling alongside her family, enjoys gardening, she shares a room with her little sisters, still seems content with continuing to "wait for the one God has for her" and overall content with where she is in life. IMO I don't think she's faking any of this but is genuinely happy and enjoying this stage of her life despite her desire to be married. Don't know about you all but she seems to be right on track on becoming Michelle 2.0 someday. I think she'll be the most faithful one to hold onto the convictions and biblical conservatism JB and M brought the family up with.

Edited by AnnaRuk09
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Jana posted the reveal on Instagram. It sounds like those are not the final nightstands.  Something about them being on the way.  They also added a closet in the former crib nook.  And the desk top raises

• Thank You 2

On 2/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, anjulibai said:

Female genital mutilation is absolutely NOT the same as circumcision. It's just not, for oh so many reasons. 

Yes it is. It absolutely is. 

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 5
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 12
  • WTF 1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:33 PM, Taylurker said:

Male circumcision DOES take sexual pleasure away, for both males and females. The foreskin has over 20,000 nerve endings on it! The female clitoris has less than half of that, in comparison.

The foreskin is a major part of sexual function. Not only is it highly sensitive, but it protects the glans and also keeps it lubricated for sex, which makes it more pleasurable for the woman. Many men who were circumcised as infants have issues as adults, including lack of sensitivity and numbness on their penis, which leads to sexual issues. There is also evidence that circumcision can cause emotional trauma for those babies as adults, even though they do not remember the procedure. 

I highly recommend you watch this presentation on youtube; An Elephant In The Hospital.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I

Male circumcision is just as harmful as female circumcision. To say it is a "little procedure" or "unnoticeable" is factually incorrect and belittling to men who have suffered as a result of RIC.

I totally agree. I was an OB nurse who witnessed countless circumcisions. They did NOT use anesthesia at that time and would strap the baby to a board long before the doctor was ready and let them scream and scream until they passed out or became too exhausted to continue their cries for help. If it were truly medically necessary then do it, but it's not. 

Edited by dsjbeam
  • Upvote 5
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

I would disown anyone who did that to me. As in: "Don't go into my bedroom, while I'm away! Don't change anything! Don't touch my stuff!". I would feel that my boundaries were violated. Other people may feel differently, but to me, personally, that would be a bridge too far.

45 minutes ago, dsjbeam said:

I totally agree. I was an OB nurse who witnessed countless circumcisions. They did NOT use anesthesia at that time and would strap the baby to a board long before the doctor was ready and let them scream and scream until they passed out or became too exhausted to continue their cries for help. If it were truly medically necessary then do it, but it's not. 

Is that still common practice? (Asking, because you spoke in past-tense in your post. No judgement, just want to know.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I'm in the US and we didn't circumcise our son (born in 2017).  My husband is from Western Europe so, to him, circumcision is not the norm.  Our son was born at a Jewish hospital (we're not Jewish) and our doctor said only about 50% of baby boys born there were circumcised (although it was in a very large Northeastern city where probably people tend to not circumcise.)  A lot of you all have summed up my thoughts on it perfectly; its unnecessary so why put him through it?  If he wants to do it as an adult, more power to him!   

I actually had weird pre-birth anxiety that someone was going to circumcise him at the hospital without my permission.  Pretty crazy and obviously didn't happen but that was what my brain was obsessing about. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

@samurai_sarah  I would feel violated too if my grown kids came in and did that. There is stuff in our room that is totally private. Plus, I love to decorate and would want to pick out my own stuff, not have someone else do it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic