IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

14 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Hey, what about Jana for this guy? They both have things they like to do and could give each other space?

Jana is idolized by so many guys and has her pick of the litter. I don't think a week goes by where she doesn't get fan mail from suitors or moms trying to hook up their sons. I truly doubt she would choose James Staddon. I think she wants a Chip Gaines kind of guy - mainstream Christian, handy, strong and silent type, good looking. 

(ETA: I think we can definitively rule out Lawson. I don't think Jana wants a guy who spends more time in front of the mirror than she does.)

Edited by usedbicycle
grammar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 9/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, Sops2 said:

James and Jonathan share a house that was bought with some of Mr Staddon's retiral money.

I think an elderly person at church had died and it seemed to happen "at just the right time" to make an investment in a property for the boys.

James meets a lot of fundie maidens, and I agree that he is probably the next in line to find a wife.He just doesn't seem that keen about it. 

He is too engrosssed in his photography. He seems to do quite a number of photoshoots and projects with Lydia Bennett. There seem to be quite a few daughters in the Bennett family ( who are based in Connecticut.) but it's Lydia who pops up most , either in shoots or blogs on Lenspiration

I didn't realize that James and Jonathan had moved out. I thought they were still living at home. I picked up on James Staddon doing a lot of photography seminars in CT, mainly because I live in the state and enjoy photography as a hobby myself. His name has popped up here and there for seminars for photographers in CT that he has hosted in the past on posters. How they got where I am is beyond me since the locations are an hour, maybe two hours, depending on traffic from me. Maybe there is a courtship blossoming between James and one of the Bennett girls. Lydia does seem to be the most active with him when he is doing a seminar up this way judging by the blog posts. But, we shall see.

The real question is, is James willing to give up the constant traveling bachelor life to settle down and be a husband? Yes, I do think he is next in line. However, he does seem to genuinely enjoy the pleasures of traveling and hosting seminars all over the country. Getting married and starting a family means he would have to stop some of the traveling and seminars. Plus, he may have to go out and get a job outside of being an independent photographer since most of his money comes from the seminars and weddings. If James does decide to settle down and have a family, then he may have to put Lenspiration on the back burner, so to say, in order to support a family.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

We usually mention the Parfitt family here , as they are very good friends of the Staddons, so for the want of anywhere better to put this, here is Baby Parfitt, Reese and Stacy's first child.

They married July 19 and are missionaries in PNG., though it looks like they are in Michigan at the moment 

I haven't kept up with what Mrs Parfitt and the daughters are doing as you need Wordpress to access their blog.The last sighting was at a Staddon Frazer wedding last year.

parfir-1.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I really loved their courtship story and she seems like a trip and a half. I tried to subscribe to their updates but they eventually sent an email asking for church name to weed out, well, essentially me. Well played fundies. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

I really loved their courtship story and she seems like a trip and a half. I tried to subscribe to their updates but they eventually sent an email asking for church name to weed out, well, essentially me. Well played fundies. 

Some friends and I used to attend The Church of Pan-Ethnic Cuisine. Services were usually conducted in restaurants, though we did do a few potlucks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

I had to look them up because I love reading courtship stories. I’ve read so many, but it finally hit me how GENERIC they always are! Girl meets boy/boy meets girl— they notice that the other is a DECENT human being with manners (under the guise of they had a servant’s heart, loved their siblings, respected their parents, blah blah), and suddenly they’re begging God to show them if they should get married or not. They really try to make it sound like a nice person is hard to find and then overcomplicate it by talking to several people & God about it. It’s just funny to me. They think it sounds deep, but it’s not. Haha

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

Are the Parfitts the ones with the gay son who they disowned? Or am I thinking of another family?

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Marionette said:

I had to look them up because I love reading courtship stories. I’ve read so many, but it finally hit me how GENERIC they always are! Girl meets boy/boy meets girl— they notice that the other is a DECENT human being with manners (under the guise of they had a servant’s heart, loved their siblings, respected their parents, blah blah), and suddenly they’re begging God to show them if they should get married or not. They really try to make it sound like a nice person is hard to find and then overcomplicate it by talking to several people & God about it. It’s just funny to me. They think it sounds deep, but it’s not. Haha

You forgot the part where they are not really interested in or barely  noticed each other until the Lord  laid it on their hearts to see each other as future spouses . 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Are the Parfitts the ones with the gay son who they disowned? Or am I thinking of another family?

Yes, I believe that’s them. Their son was very good friends with James Staddon before he came out. 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

On 10/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, Sops2 said:

We usually mention the Parfitt family here , as they are very good friends of the Staddons, so for the want of anywhere better to put this, here is Baby Parfitt, Reese and Stacy's first child.

They married July 19 and are missionaries in PNG., though it looks like they are in Michigan at the moment 

I haven't kept up with what Mrs Parfitt and the daughters are doing as you need Wordpress to access their blog.The last sighting was at a Staddon Frazer wedding last year.

parfir-1.jpg

Between all these modern modest fundies I really enjoy to see a frumper every once in a while.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Between all these modern modest fundies I really enjoy to see a frumper every once in a while.

I really don’t mind them on women who like them and choose them for themselves. Back when frumpers were popular, everyone wore them. And you knew that not everyone wanted to wear them. They just wore them because everyone else did and that was expected from fundie women at the time. Like the Richardson’s for instance. Leah always wears frumpers. Many of her sisters haven’t worn them in at least a year or more. She has the choice to wear whatever she likes. And obviously that’s frumpers. So go right ahead. You do you. It’s all about choice for me.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

On 10/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, fundiewatch said:

Can't you just say "First Baptist Church"  or maybe "Grace Church"?? You can't throw a rock in the US without hitting one of those?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Can't you just say "First Baptist Church"  or maybe "Grace Church"?? You can't throw a rock in the US without hitting one of those?

If I remember correctly, they asked for church and pastor. I’m sure I could have researched something but I let the story go. ? They did send a follow up email asking again before unsubscribing me. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

If I remember correctly, they asked for church and pastor. I’m sure I could have researched something but I let the story go. ? They did send a follow up email asking again before unsubscribing me. 

I would have liked to have said the Church of the dining room table. The pastor is my father, because no church and no pastor is Godly enough for me. I know they would have unsubscribed me anyway but it would have been fun to write.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Anyone got Wordpress and looked at the Parfitt blog recently?

I used to like all the stories of their roadtrips and visits. Ma Parfitt used to get so excited when the Staddon brothers came for a visit. They used to stay up late and play family board games. (!)

• Upvote 2

Usually you can't see wedding photos on Lenspiration without a password, but I've found a subsection on the website where you can see many of our favourite fundie wedding photos we've never seen before

Use the link below and choose number 5 Weddings in this portfolio section, keep scroling down past couples we don't know and you will find many photos we've not seen of Michael and Elizabeth, Sarah and Jeremie, Reese and Stacy at their weddings

https://www.lenspiration.photos/portfolio

20201022_185346.jpg

• Thank You 8

49 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Usually you can't see wedding photos on Lenspiration without a password, but I've found a subsection on the website where you can see many of our favourite fundie wedding photos we've never seen before

Use the link below and choose number 5 Weddings in this portfolio section, keep scroling down past couples we don't know and you will find many photos we've not seen of Michael and Elizabeth, Sarah and Jeremie, Reese and Stacy at their weddings

https://www.lenspiration.photos/portfolio

20201022_185346.jpg

Who is the child - bride on picture 82/83?

She looks really young to me, doesn't she? 

Edited by LorEl
Edited to delete a sentence that had no ending.

7 minutes ago, LorEl said:

Who is the child-bride? It's on

Who is the child - bride on picture 82/83?

She looks really young to me, doesn't she? 

Isn't that a Frazer sister?

• Thank You 1

I'm fairly new to other fundies. The only fundie I spotted and recognized was Jinger but I'm not all the way done. 

Thank you!! 

2 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Isn't that a Frazer sister?

Sarah (Frazer) Rheaume has an incredible baby face, but from all indications she's around 20. She looked the same 8 years ago.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, Sops2 said:

Anyone got Wordpress and looked at the Parfitt blog recently?

I used to like all the stories of their roadtrips and visits. Ma Parfitt used to get so excited when the Staddon brothers came for a visit. They used to stay up late and play family board games. (!)

I'm pretty sure it's not a Wordpress thing. They made their blog private when we started discussing them more over here. 

• Love 1

Well FJ, I think y'all broke it. I can't access his portfolio page at all, even though I can get to the main page. Mayhap someone monitors this site. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

Well FJ, I think y'all broke it. I can't access his portfolio page at all, even though I can get to the main page. Mayhap someone monitors this site. 

Yeah, me too. I tried several times. It ain't happening.

I think Sean is pretty open online so it could have been Sean’s online openness that made them want to go private. Not FJ.

• Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic