IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

On 3/27/2020 at 10:30 AM, Sops2 said:

Boredom is setting in on this afternoon of social isolation, so I've been watching the Neely wedding again.

At 39 minutes in,during the singing of a hymn,  you can see Elizabeth put her head on Michael Staddon's shoulder, and then sit down. She gets to her feet again a few minutes later.

She could have quite easily have been feeing the heat or unwell, but Just wondering...

Where have you seen the Neely wedding?

In youtube.

Just search for "the Neely Wedding"-  the page is grey with a verse and rings on it.

PS. I must learn how to link!

• 1 month later...

Can't find the Frazer thread to put this in, but there's a nice photo on Lenspiration (James Staddon's photography business) of Jeremie Rheaume and Sarah Frazer- the Frazers post so infrequently these days, we've had nothing since last year.

191026-154430_James-Staddon_2464_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

Can't find the Frazer thread to put this in, but there's a nice photo on Lenspiration (James Staddon's photography business) of Jeremie Rheaume and Sarah Frazer- the Frazers post so infrequently these days, we've had nothing since last year.

191026-154430_James-Staddon_2464_thumb.jpg

They look cute. I’d bet 1,000 gallons of honey that she’s got a baBEE on the way by now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Count me in the group that's disappointed in the lack of news from the Frazer blog.  I really hoped Evelyn or one of the remaining sons would update it regularly.  Guess with two daughters married off the workload has increased for everyone else.  I actually enjoyed reading about their farm life.

I also wish the Staddons would update more of their family life.  Michael and Elizabeth should have a baBEE on the way too.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Elizabeth was still slim at the Neely triple wedding, but you could see in the video that she had to sit down during a hymn for a rest, then stood up again towards the end. !!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

• 1 month later...

Esther Staddon posted a picture of Michael and Elizabeth and she looks trim as ever. 

• Thank You 1

Y'all archivists and people with actual functioning memory, refresh me on the scrawny Staddon son who married the drop dead gorgeous woman, reddish hair? This would be the young woman who prayed and prayed and prayed over "is the Staddon guy THE guy you want me to marry God? Really? HIM? You're sure, God? Well, OK, God, if that's what you REALLY want, I guess I'll do it" because, just guessing here, she felt zero attraction or chemistry.  They should be from 2 to 3 kids down the road by now, at least. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

Y'all archivists and people with actual functioning memory, refresh me on the scrawny Staddon son who married the drop dead gorgeous woman, reddish hair?

That would be Daniel Staddon and Kathryn Neely. They have a blog, danielloveskathryn.com, but don’t post much (not sine June 2019). They have at least 2 children. 

He won the National Bible Bee competition when it was still offering huge prize money, so if he got to keep it he came into the marriage with something like a $100,000 nest egg. He, not surprisingly, wrote a book about the experience, “The $100,000 Word,” and of someone wants to take one for the team copies are still available for sale. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Kathryn and Daniel’s firstborn is Jason and their second is Jubilee. They haven’t said if they are doing a J theme. Kathryn is sister to the triple Neely sister wedding that took place back in February. She was in the wedding. She didn’t look visibly pregnant at the time. I’m now waiting for the pregnancy announcements from the three sisters to start. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Me too, - the Neelys haven't posted since way back last year.

There's photos of Mr and Mrs N and remaining kids doing the Spring100 challenge on the Shiloh photography blog.

There's also a photo of Kathryn, Daniel, Jason and Jubilee too

KathrynSweek11-1.jpg

Also of interest perhaps -Robert and Kendalyn have been visiting the Staddon family home in WV for July 4th.

There's a photoshoot by James Staddon on Lenspiration which features the 5 kids.

One of the other brothers, Jonathan Staddon also shows a photo on his instagram page with Esther, Michael and Elizabeth.

She looks very happy. -Still wearing matching polos!!!

20200705_163951.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Addition
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Sops2 said:

She looks very happy. -Still wearing matching polos!!!

And both buttoned up all the way! 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Howl said:

I swear they are always matching! I don’t think I’ve seen them not matching since they got married.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Also of interest perhaps -Robert and Kendalyn have been visiting the Staddon family home in WV for July 4th.

There's a photoshoot by James Staddon on Lenspiration which features the 5 kids.

I didn't realise it before but Kendalyn looks so much like her mother! Her make up and hairstyle has always made her look older than she is. Despite of her and Robert's crappy courtship story they always look genuinely happy together, and Robert seems to be a hands on father.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They look a happy family and Robert is always engaged with the kids, who sound quite lively and quite a handful sometimes.

In group photos with other couples, there's always what I call the "Kendalyn Clench" where she has her hand firmly gripped on his arm. Not so common recently, perhaps she's grown more in assurance and contentment

20200706_114538.jpg

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Howl said:

And  with the headcovering! I shouldn't be surprised, but still.

Edited by petrushka

There are some fundies on FJ that really don’t bother me that much. Of course I totally disagree with their beliefs, but the way they conduct themselves isn’t bothersome. The Staddons and the Frazers are that way. Their personalities aren’t as smug or annoying as some others in fundieland.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@JermajestyDuggar, I agree. Without the whole IBLP crap (and that is bad) the Staddons would probably be nice, down to earth folks. They have always seemed to have genuinely warm relationship with each other.

• Upvote 6

The younger sons can be immature in a nerdy way.

They live together in a separate house, full of photography, computer and drone equipment and Jonathan's supplies of Skittles.

Esther presumably visits to do a bit of housekeeping, but it sure could do with a bit of " a woman's touch" a la Calamity Jane.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

The younger sons can be immature in a nerdy way.

They live together in a separate house, full of photography, computer and drone equipment and Jonathan's supplies of Skittles.

Esther presumably visits to do a bit of housekeeping, but it sure could do with a bit of " a woman's touch" a la Calamity Jane.

I’m glad they can live in their own place. Even though they are still fundie, I think it’s likely good for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

How many younger sons are living in the half-way house (half-way to getting married)? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

How many younger sons are living in the half-way house (half-way to getting married)? 

I know it’s at least James and Jonathan. Those two seem to always be there. The fact that the other two unmarried brothers can likely visit if they don’t live there is probably a positive. 

• Upvote 1

We don't hear much about Donald the eldest or David the youngest.

Michael is a Master  Beekeeper and beehive inspector for the Department of Agriculture in WV.

He is the president of the beekeepers association there. He is a talented artist, his drawings are  on sale on the Staddon family website- as well as their honey! He also runs beekeeping courses  of 7 modules  (  all sounds very complicated!)   He says beekeeping is a stewardship of God's creation. Elizabeth is also involved in this work. I think they live on the small "farm" with his parents.

James has the business called Lenspiration.

He is a very dedicated photographer ( ie very enthused and engrossed with his work ) He offers courses in photography for small groups and also online courses. He also does wedding photography- for Parfitts, Neelys, Frazers and other fundie families. He was so dismayed at the lack of wholesome fundie advice for taking photographs of  couples at engagements and weddings that he produced his own guide. Unfortunately, you have to subscribe and be vetted for this , so I can't  let you in on any of his hints on looking maidenly ,  manly and  chaste. Some of his landscape photography is just beautiful- there are some wonderful photos in his annual calendar. The photos with humans in them are less successful. He must meet a fair number of  young ladies in the course of his work, but so far his enthusiasm for photography is his main pursuit and he lives with James in a house purchased with some of their father's retirement funds.

James styles himself as a Christian videographer.

He has a business - see Vizaframe, where he uses his remote controlled drones to take footage for realtors and homeowners looking to sell their homes. He is very much into technology and reviews different drones each month.He also posts monthly video  roundups where you get glimpses of the rest of the family. He is very fond of Skittles sweets and generously shares them with Robert and Kendalyn's kids when they visit! 

Robert is married to Kendalyn, they have 5 kids and live in Texas in Big Sandy. He is also very much a technological geek ( his own words )and works for IBLP.If you haven't read their story in RobertlovesKendalyn, do so before lockdown ends.Rescue ferrets will be needed.

Daniel is married to Kathryn and has 2 kids. They are also in Big Sandy...... and if you haven't read about their courtship.......rescue ferrets needed yet again.

Their love stories are along the lines of   - Daddy produces GYM , says to marry X, lots of angst and heart searching on the part of the young maiden, tries hard to resist, Daddy (and Godly father ) says "Marry him or nobody" Young maiden prays hard in prayer closet, sees the light ( ie gives up) finally says Yes.

Esther is the only daughter and so far still single.She has worked away from home for IBLP, but is at home a lot of the time now.She has quite a shrill voice which is difficult to listen to. She sometimes helps James with his wedding photography.

An interesting family and well worth going down the rabbit hole for.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

If Kathryn is going white water rafting, I hope that means she isn’t pregnant. 

3B1644E9-9A69-45EE-8BD2-5BAFE6A72636.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I am excited that some of the women are getting to white water raft and not just the men. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic