IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

Ah ha- puzzle solved! 

I hope the paperwork that delayed Michael and Elizabeth's wedding doesn't take so long - her father doesn't look too well these days.  And they have the wedding photographer already booked..

• Upvote 2

Where did you guys learn about this? Esther's IG is private, and I couldn't find anything on Lenspiration, Staddon or Frazer blogs.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised and kind of happy for her.

2 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Where did you guys learn about this? Esther's IG is private, and I couldn't find anything on Lenspiration, Staddon or Frazer blogs.

Esther must have had a public instagram at one time because I only follow public instagrams. She’s obviously made it private since then but kept me on her follow list. So I first saw it on Instagram and reported back here on FJ. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Her relationship-status change to “engaged” was public on FB. 

• Upvote 5

This is from Esther's blog on the Staddon website in 2018- she recommends the book "Living Forward "

Good on Esther as it seems to have worked !

20201108_132901.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 6:08 PM, Sops2 said:

She looks ridiculously happy, and I'm somehow ridiculously pleased for her

124025129_10159030018291419_4629222751422115075_n.jpg

I am really happy for her as well. She looks so pretty and happy in this photo. Plus, he does look happy as well. I went to the Frazers blog and they seemed to have stopped blogging. Also, it seems like the Staddons blog has become a second blog site for James. I believe the Staddons, most likely, will do an announcement via Lenspiration. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, divadivine said:

Whoa.... does this mean there is hope for Sarah Maxwell & Jana Duggar? 

For Sarah Maxwell, not really. Pa Staddon was willing to let Esther live and work away from home even though it was at IBLP. Steve Maxwell has dedicated most of his life to creating a giant bubble that even the bride has to pass the test in order to marry in (two of the sons had broken engagements). Pa Staddon, even though everything has been kept Christian, seems to have no problem letting his kids live their own life and let them have friends and fun outside the family. 

As for Jana, I have a feeling that she has been in courtships before, but it never reached engagement. I do think at some point Jana will get married, whenever that will be. 

On 11/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Esther must have had a public instagram at one time because I only follow public instagrams. She’s obviously made it private since then but kept me on her follow list. So I first saw it on Instagram and reported back here on FJ. 

Esther announced it on Facebook as well which is public. So, I think someone found out about the engagement on Facebook before posting. 

On another note I wonder who her wedding photographer will be. I found out that Naomi Parfitt started a photography business. I wonder if Naomi will help out James with taking photos when he has to be in them. Plus James was or is Naomi's photography mentor. After all, James did have an assistant help him out at Daniel and Kathryn's wedding a few years ago. BTW here is the link for Naomi's website: https://pleasantphotography.mypixieset.com/about/ 

• Upvote 2

A great find ! It's good to see the Parfitts again.

Naomi is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience, the photos are more like family snaps than professional photographs. She's setting herself up as a photographer which is a suitable "hobby/ business" for a a young fundie maiden before she gets married. Ma Parfitt gets very excited when the Staddon brothers come to visit, the families seem to be great friends. We did discuss a few threads ago if Naomi might be a suitable match for one of the brothers, but decided she was too young. She does look more "grown up" now though, so if the brothers hold out for another couple of years, there may be a chance for a Parfitt daughter.

I think Lydia Bennett may be James' choice for assistant- she is very much into photography and pops up a lot on Lenspiration photoshoots and blogs

• Upvote 1

Ah, fundie maidens and photography. A good (fundie-light) friend of mine has a 20-something SAHD (daughter’s choice) who is hoping to photograph the dinosaurs in the Amazon. Not. Joking.

Theyre huge fans of Answers in Genesis.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 6

On 11/18/2020 at 4:51 AM, Sops2 said:

A great find ! It's good to see the Parfitts again.

Naomi is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience, the photos are more like family snaps than professional photographs. She's setting herself up as a photographer which is a suitable "hobby/ business" for a a young fundie maiden before she gets married. Ma Parfitt gets very excited when the Staddon brothers come to visit, the families seem to be great friends. We did discuss a few threads ago if Naomi might be a suitable match for one of the brothers, but decided she was too young. She does look more "grown up" now though, so if the brothers hold out for another couple of years, there may be a chance for a Parfitt daughter.

I think Lydia Bennett may be James' choice for assistant- she is very much into photography and pops up a lot on Lenspiration photoshoots and blogs

She really doesn't have much experience, but it wouldn't shock me if James lets her tag along on some of his photo shoots. I looked at the wedding that she photographed on her site and, honestly, the photos are pretty decent. 

As for a possibility of a courtship between a Parfitt and a Staddon, the best bet would be a courtship between David Staddon (the youngest) and either Annabelle Parfitt (the oldest Parfitt daughter). The two of them are close enough in age. Naomi Parfitt could be a possibility for David, but it depends on how comfortable the family is with a six year plus age difference. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

She really doesn't have much experience, but it wouldn't shock me if James lets her tag along on some of his photo shoots. I looked at the wedding that she photographed on her site and, honestly, the photos are pretty decent. 

As for a possibility of a courtship between a Parfitt and a Staddon, the best bet would be a courtship between David Staddon (the youngest) and either Annabelle Parfitt (the oldest Parfitt daughter). The two of them are close enough in age. Naomi Parfitt could be a possibility for David, but it depends on how comfortable the family is with a six year plus age difference. 

What are the ages of the Parfitt SAHDs?  I think it would be interesting to see one of  them paired up with a Frazer son.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, petrushka said:

What are the ages of the Parfitt SAHDs?  I think it would be interesting to see one of  them paired up with a Frazer son.

I'm not really sure. Annabelle is the eldest and she graduated high school last year. Judging by a photo Naomi posted of her with a chalkboard saying, "I'm Done" I'm assuming she graduated high school recently. Some fundies graduate or get their GED's at 16. Annabelle is probably between 18-20 and Naomi is probably between 16-18 in age. There is another daughter Karen who, I believe, is older than Naomi, so she is probably between 17-19. I forgot to add Karen in. Like I said it is going to depend on how comfortable the family is with the age difference. The Parfitts and Staddons have been close for years with many people on FJ speculating that James Staddon was the BFF of now shunned Sean Allen Parfitt. Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if Ma Parfitt is heavily pushing for a courtship between one of her daughters and David Staddon. Jonathan is 28 and may be considered too old for Annabelle. David Staddon is 24 and much closer in age to Annabelle, Karen, and Naomi. If there is a Staddon/Parfitt union most likely it would be Annabelle or Karen.

While a Frazer union is possible I don't know how old Stephen and William are, the two youngest boys. So, there could be a Frazer/Parfitt union in the future. Plus, the Parfitts would be a better fit with the Frazers as they seem to have the same dress standards.

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
needed to add
  • Upvote 4

On 11/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, Jasmar said:

Ah, fundie maidens and photography. A good (fundie-light) friend of mine has a 20-something SAHD (daughter’s choice) who is hoping to photograph the dinosaurs in the Amazon. Not. Joking.

Theyre huge fans of Answers in Genesis.

No offense but I have a hard time believing this. One of the cornerstones of Answers in Genesis is their theory on how dinosaurs went extinct. An adult would have to be grossly educationally stunted to think dinosaurs still exist.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Believe what you want, I guess. Look deeply enough down the google rabbit hole and you’ll find books and articles from supposed eyewitnesses who claim to have seen them in South America.

• Upvote 3

The VA FEW was held recently.  Not a single mask in sight.  Neelys were there.  Esther spoke.  The usual line up of Staddons.  The theme was something along the lines of it doesn't matter if you live or die, you belong to God.  Perhaps that's why no one felt the need to mask up.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Thank You 7

Where did you see that? The Neelys married off three daughters in a triple wedding last year, am I right? Sometimes it is hard to keep track.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Where did you see that? The Neelys married off three daughters in a triple wedding last year, am I right? Sometimes it is hard to keep track.

Yes, and I keep looking for a registry for any of those three couples and I haven’t seen any. Mariah Campana Thomas got married the same day and is due in December. I figured one of those three couples would be expecting a honeymoon baby. But they don’t update their blog anymore. So who knows. 

• Upvote 4

Just looked through all the Lenspiration wedding portfolio and I cannot get over the wedding around #280. The young man wore his ALERT uniform and they got married at the Big Sandy ALERT camp. 

• Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://neweverymorning.blog/&ved=2ahUKEwjD893Tl6HtAhXNT8AKHa8RC64QFjAAegQIAxAD&usg=AOvVaw3Ixt7IzNyt8o0wc3SDBRuy

Abbie's New Every Morning blog- don't see any of the Triple Neely sisters, but a smattering of Staddons and Wilkes as well as lots of photos of Abbie's family and friends. I too have been looking out for any honeymoon pregnancies, but none to be seen here!

Oops, just saw this

20201126_220253.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Ooops, spoke too soon
  • Upvote 1

I just checked the post about the FEW conference and WTF!! I somewhat can't believe that this is 2020. The pandemic is nowhere to be seen. Hugging, no distancing, singing.. wow!! I just can't.

BTW - who is this girl? It's been some time since I've seen a classic fundie maiden blog.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I discoverd this blog this year, too.
Abby is 19, has two older unmarried sisters and six younger siblings. Her family attends the FEW and are friends with the Parfitts, the Staddons, etc.
If you speculate about potential marriage partners, you should add them to your list ;) .

Her posts show a picture fundie family: Women wearing ankle length skirts, protests against abortion, supporting Ted Cruz, Trumpsters, homeschooling... ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

I just checked the post about the FEW conference and WTF!! I somewhat can't believe that this is 2020. The pandemic is nowhere to be seen. Hugging, no distancing, singing.. wow!! I just can't.

BTW - who is this girl? It's been some time since I've seen a classic fundie maiden blog.

My anxiety would be through the roof if I was at a conference with tons of non mask wearing people. They must all convince themselves that they will be fine. It really shows how differently fundies think. They can completely push aside all the recommendations and live in their own little worlds. Pretending that the pandemic isn’t even a thing. If they can do this with the pandemic, they can do it with so many other things. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

On 11/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, Jasmar said:

Believe what you want, I guess. Look deeply enough down the google rabbit hole and you’ll find books and articles from supposed eyewitnesses who claim to have seen them in South America.

Sheesh, she could just go to Florida and hang out on a golf course. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, Mari2 said:

The theme was something along the lines of it doesn't matter if you live or die, you belong to God.

Then why, Staddons, did you go all the way to Mexico to get treatment for Pa Staddon's cancer??

• Upvote 7

This is interesting:

Spoiler

FullSizeR.jpg?resize=737,1024&ssl=1

The lady on the right is the mother of the family the Maxwells know well. This family (don't know their name) has been to many Maxwell weddings, and the Maxwells have visited them numerous times back during their touring days. One of their older sons used to even work for Swift Otter. I was surprised to see the mother in this Virginia conference, since they live in New Hampshire, and I've never seen them before at FEW. But scrolling through Abbie's blog it seems like her family moved away from NH just a year ago and they used to be friends so maybe that's why we now see the Maxwell friends coming to FEW. Fundies are so intertwined it shouldn't be surprising anymore but somehow it is.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic