IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

29 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This is interesting:

Hide contents

FullSizeR.jpg?resize=737,1024&ssl=1

The lady on the right is the mother of the family the Maxwells know well. This family (don't know their name) has been to many Maxwell weddings, and the Maxwells have visited them numerous times back during their touring days. One of their older sons used to even work for Swift Otter. I was surprised to see the mother in this Virginia conference, since they live in New Hampshire, and I've never seen them before at FEW. But scrolling through Abbie's blog it seems like her family moved away from NH just a year ago and they used to be friends so maybe that's why we now see the Maxwell friends coming to FEW. Fundies are so intertwined it shouldn't be surprising anymore but somehow it is.

This is one of the many cultish aspects of fundies. Even if they aren’t all Gothard followers, they still know each other. They still socialize amongst one another as their main type of socialization. It’s the fundie bubble. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Sops2 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://neweverymorning.blog/&ved=2ahUKEwjD893Tl6HtAhXNT8AKHa8RC64QFjAAegQIAxAD&usg=AOvVaw3Ixt7IzNyt8o0wc3SDBRuy

Abbie's New Every Morning blog- don't see any of the Triple Neely sisters, but a smattering of Staddons and Wilkes as well as lots of photos of Abbie's family and friends. I too have been looking out for any honeymoon pregnancies, but none to be seen here!

Oops, just saw this

20201126_220253.jpg

Looks to me as if there’s one honeymoon pregnancy.  Just to the left of the podium.  

Abbie's family moved from NH to FLA a year ago.  Since they've been in FLA there have been no Staddon visits to her family.  But her family goes to the FEW conferences each year.  

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, ophelia said:

BTW - who is this girl? It's been some time since I've seen a classic fundie maiden blog.

Ugh. The first few fundie maiden blogs were entertaining. But now it's pictures from a Trump rally, and comments like this: 

“So and so asked me why we don’t wear masks.” —April
“You should have told her it’s because we have some freedom in our family” —Justus 

Bless his ignorant little right-wing heart.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My anxiety would be through the roof if I was at a conference with tons of non mask wearing people. They must all convince themselves that they will be fine. It really shows how differently fundies think. They can completely push aside all the recommendations and live in their own little worlds. Pretending that the pandemic isn’t even a thing. If they can do this with the pandemic, they can do it with so many other things. 

Some of them are so insular they really will be able to get by pretending the pandemic isn't a thing. In order to become infected you still need someone to be the vector. Surprising, though, that a Trump rally wouldn't have several such people.

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

On 11/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, Sops2 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://neweverymorning.blog/&ved=2ahUKEwjD893Tl6HtAhXNT8AKHa8RC64QFjAAegQIAxAD&usg=AOvVaw3Ixt7IzNyt8o0wc3SDBRuy

Abbie's New Every Morning blog- don't see any of the Triple Neely sisters, but a smattering of Staddons and Wilkes as well as lots of photos of Abbie's family and friends. I too have been looking out for any honeymoon pregnancies, but none to be seen here!

Oops, just saw this

20201126_220253.jpg

I just saw this too. It looks like, to me, that Susanna and Jessica are pregnant. The Neely's have seemed to stop blogging for good and the Wilkes stopped blogging years ago. I cant' seem to spot Victoria. The little girl in the front, I believe, is Matthew and Amanda Wilkes eldest daughter Annaliese. 

Also, the theme of this years FEW Conference was about living and dying and leaving it all up to Lord. Ignorance much?

• Upvote 4

On 11/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, ophelia said:

I just checked the post about the FEW conference and WTF!! I somewhat can't believe that this is 2020. The pandemic is nowhere to be seen. Hugging, no distancing, singing.. wow!! I just can't.

BTW - who is this girl? It's been some time since I've seen a classic fundie maiden blog.

Her name is Abbie Camuso and she graduated from homeschool either last year or this year. Her family used to have a blog, but they weren't as active as families like the Staddons and Neelys. Also, her sister Julia has a blog, but seems to have stopped.

Basically, the family is from New Hampshire and last year their dad decided to move to Florida for no reason other than wanting to explore living in the south. On top of that, Abbie has mentioned in posts that her dad has had to fly back up to New Hampshire for work, so I think he does something where he is able to work remotely from home and has to fly back up a few times a year. The Camuso family seems to be very close with the Parfitts as some FJers have been able to keep up them on her blog when she posts. Also, the family is very close with the Staddons (Abbie is a student of James Staddon and her brother assisted him with Reese and Stacey Parfitt's wedding) as their visits are frequent on their blog. While the Camuso's do seem friendly with the Neely and Wilkes team, they don't seem to be as close. While the Camuso's have assisted the Wilkes with work on their farm and at farmers markets, they seem to only do it when a FEW conference is there and the hosting family (The Wilkes) have kickball and other outdoor games. As with the Parfitts, some FJer's go to Abbie's blog to try and keep up with the Neelys and Wilkes as both families have seemed to stop blogging for good.

Abbie has been talked about on FJ before due to her infamous Why I Don't Wear Pants post and her posts about feminism being a form of repression. But, the snarking's been light due to her age with some FJer's feeling that it was wrong to snark about a young teenage girl.

Oh and just adding here on the Camuso family, when their dad moved them south, he literally, bungled their living situation. Apparently, dad didn't read (or comprehend) the fine print of the rental agreement they had with the owner and the owner sold the house a few months after they moved in and renovated the house to their liking. The way Abbie wrote about it the family only had weeks to find a new house to move into. Hopefully, Pa Camuso reads the fine print in the rental agreement for the next house or buys one instead. 

20 hours ago, Mari2 said:

Abbie's family moved from NH to FLA a year ago.  Since they've been in FLA there have been no Staddon visits to her family.  But her family goes to the FEW conferences each year.  

While there haven't bee any Staddon visits this year to her family, they have visited the Staddons.

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
adding
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

This is interesting:

Hide contents

FullSizeR.jpg?resize=737,1024&ssl=1

The lady on the right is the mother of the family the Maxwells know well. This family (don't know their name) has been to many Maxwell weddings, and the Maxwells have visited them numerous times back during their touring days. One of their older sons used to even work for Swift Otter. I was surprised to see the mother in this Virginia conference, since they live in New Hampshire, and I've never seen them before at FEW. But scrolling through Abbie's blog it seems like her family moved away from NH just a year ago and they used to be friends so maybe that's why we now see the Maxwell friends coming to FEW. Fundies are so intertwined it shouldn't be surprising anymore but somehow it is.

The Maxwell family hasn't been to a FEW conference in years. Probably, because something was said in a sermon that Steve didn't approve of. Also, the Maxwells have been taking precautions with the pandemic seriously. When Jesse got married Gigi (I think is Teri's mother) didn't attend due to her age and neither did Joseph because he had just moved. Outside of the wedding, the Maxwells have been following protocols like quarantining (some people believe they quarantined after the wedding), social distancing and mask wearing. Call me crazy, but I had hoped that more funding families would follow their example rather than these people.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The Maxwell family hasn't been to a FEW conference in years. Probably, because something was said in a sermon that Steve didn't approve of. Also, the Maxwells have been taking precautions with the pandemic seriously. When Jesse got married Gigi (I think is Teri's mother) didn't attend due to her age and neither did Joseph because he had just moved. Outside of the wedding, the Maxwells have been following protocols like quarantining (some people believe they quarantined after the wedding), social distancing and mask wearing. Call me crazy, but I had hoped that more funding families would follow their example rather than these people.

No they didn't. After the wedding, they went to see Gigi for her birthday. Gigi is sitting next to Steve and Melanie and Melanie's family, all of them were at the wedding. And Sarah said, Gigi's birthday was right after the wedding. Now they were outside and the people dropping by, seemed to mostly be in their cars. (It was one of the parties where the people drove by and honked and carried signs.) 

The Maxwells have taken it more seriously than other fundies, but they're far from perfect. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No they didn't. After the wedding, they went to see Gigi for her birthday. Gigi is sitting next to Steve and Melanie and Melanie's family, all of them were at the wedding. And Sarah said, Gigi's birthday was right after the wedding. Now they were outside and the people dropping by, seemed to mostly be in their cars. (It was one of the parties where the people drove by and honked and carried signs.) 

The Maxwells have taken it more seriously than other fundies, but they're far from perfect. 

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me! 

• Upvote 2

On 11/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is one of the many cultish aspects of fundies. Even if they aren’t all Gothard followers, they still know each other. They still socialize amongst one another as their main type of socialization. It’s the fundie bubble. 

The disturbing thing to me is how small the marriage pool is for these fundie maidens. The only people who they are friends with are people at these conferences. Like three Neely daughters married into the Wilkes family and two of the Staddon children are married/marrying into the Frazer family. You've got two of the Bontrager boys marrying into the Bowers family. If you can do so you can do a chain of married fundies. For example: Amanda Neely is married to Matthew Wilkes who's sister Jenny is married to Derrick Waller who's brother is David Waller married to Priscilla Keller who's sister Anna is married to Josh Duggar etc.

The thing I find most creepy is that the Staddons seem to be in the middle of all of it. They seem to be the fundie family that missed the TLC calling card as the family seems to be friendly with both the Duggar and Bates families. Robert Staddon mentioned the family was there for the filming of David and Priscilla Wallers wedding and, I believe, the family was there when they filmed Chad and Erin (Bates) Paine wedding. Also, I think a few family members have attended various Duggar and Bates family weddings. Ultimately, the Staddons have a very high spot in the IBLP community and are friendly or at least well acquainted with many of the families that are snarked here on FJ.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The immeadiate family seems to take some precautions. John and Chelsy seem to follow the Bontrager's pandemic narrative and attended family camp in Iowa in september and now also Thanksgiving.

I just hope Anna Marie stays safe and healthy.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The disturbing thing to me is how small the marriage pool is for these fundie maidens. The only people who they are friends with are people at these conferences. Like three Neely daughters married into the Wilkes family and two of the Staddon children are married/marrying into the Frazer family. You've got two of the Bontrager boys marrying into the Bowers family. If you can do so you can do a chain of married fundies. For example: Amanda Neely is married to Matthew Wilkes who's sister Jenny is married to Derrick Waller who's brother is David Waller married to Priscilla Keller who's sister Anna is married to Josh Duggar etc.

The thing I find most creepy is that the Staddons seem to be in the middle of all of it. They seem to be the fundie family that missed the TLC calling card as the family seems to be friendly with both the Duggar and Bates families. Robert Staddon mentioned the family was there for the filming of David and Priscilla Wallers wedding and, I believe, the family was there when they filmed Chad and Erin (Bates) Paine wedding. Also, I think a few family members have attended various Duggar and Bates family weddings. Ultimately, the Staddons have a very high spot in the IBLP community and are friendly or at least well acquainted with many of the families that are snarked here on FJ.

May I add to this my unscientific observation that even within the fundie world there may be some social and economic stratification that further shrinks the marriage pool? The Kellers may be the exception, but it seems the families we see are pretty comfortable financially, enough so at least to afford to attend these conferences where the fundie singles can meet.  While a son from one of these families may go outside the circle and marry a woman from a poorer fundie family, I doubt a daughter would be allowed.  Couldn't imagine Liz Bontrager with a Keller or Rodrigues son, for instance.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

20 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Basically, the family is from New Hampshire and last year their dad decided to move to Florida for no reason other than wanting to explore living in the south.

I read a bit of Abbie's blog and it seems the whole family, except for Daddy Dearest, is / was really homesick. Dad was doing just fine when his whole big family was more or less miserable. Such a loving and considerate patriarch, isn't he? I can see the appeal of wanting to try out living in a totally new place but you just DON'T rip your wife and gazillion kids out of their daily lives, family, friends, (home)school and church activities just because you want to fulfill your dreams of a different life. You do it either before having all those kids or after they are adults and capable of making their own life choices regardless of what you choose to do. Sure, if the whole family thinks it's a cool idea to move then do it, but if it is like 1 against 10 then it's not the 1 who is the oldest penis-holder who gets to decide for all others.

I don't even know Abbie's family and I already hate the father...

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 11/26/2020 at 11:00 PM, Sops2 said:

Oops, just saw this

20201126_220253.jpg

Looked around and of course they attended a Trump rally . Front hugging bad , pussy grabbing negotiable .

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hasunah said:

Looked around and of course they attended a Trump rally . Front hugging bad , pussy grabbing negotiable .

Of course they did. When trump lost, I thought of all the fundies and how disappointed they were that a piece of shit narcissist like him won’t run the country any longer. Pathetic. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I read a bit of Abbie's blog and it seems the whole family, except for Daddy Dearest, is / was really homesick. Dad was doing just fine when his whole big family was more or less miserable. Such a loving and considerate patriarch, isn't he? I can see the appeal of wanting to try out living in a totally new place but you just DON'T rip your wife and gazillion kids out of their daily lives, family, friends, (home)school and church activities just because you want to fulfill your dreams of a different life. You do it either before having all those kids or after they are adults and capable of making their own life choices regardless of what you choose to do. Sure, if the whole family thinks it's a cool idea to move then do it, but if it is like 1 against 10 then it's not the 1 who is the oldest penis-holder who gets to decide for all others.

Na, he did not decide. It was God's leading and timinig?...

Which sounds for me like an excuse for a selfish decision imposed on your family.

• Upvote 7

On 11/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, petrushka said:

May I add to this my unscientific observation that even within the fundie world there may be some social and economic stratification that further shrinks the marriage pool? The Kellers may be the exception, but it seems the families we see are pretty comfortable financially, enough so at least to afford to attend these conferences where the fundie singles can meet.  While a son from one of these families may go outside the circle and marry a woman from a poorer fundie family, I doubt a daughter would be allowed.  Couldn't imagine Liz Bontrager with a Keller or Rodrigues son, for instance.

Oh definitely! The marriage pool is getting smaller and smaller. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

The family is really homesick from New Hampshire. The family has dealt with some difficulties since moving down to Florida. Since the relocation, not only did Daddy Dearest bungle their living situation and they had to move when the owner decided to sell when the lease ran out, they have had trouble finding a church to their liking. Abbie has written about how the family has been "church hunting" and are unable to find one. The Camuso move to Florida is a huge mess. I can understand if they had to move south because the doctor requested a warmer climate for a family member, but Abbie hasn't mentioned anything about that. The only illness the family has dealt with is Justus (I think) getting a severe case of Lyme shortly after moving. All of their family and friends are up in New Hampshire. Since moving the family has only had relatives visit a couple of times and the only time they had friends visit for Julia's graduation. It's just really sad to see for the kids. Part of me really hopes Pa Camuso comes to his senses and moves back up to New Hampshire at some point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Abbie certainly seemed unhappy about moving.  I was surprised about the move since their grandparents and other family live in NH.  And there wasn't any explanation given.  I felt bad for the kids.  It was clearly tough on them.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Mari2 said:

Abbie certainly seemed unhappy about moving.  I was surprised about the move since their grandparents and other family live in NH.  And there wasn't any explanation given.  I felt bad for the kids.  It was clearly tough on them.

It was tough on all of them and is still tough. The primary outlet for the children to have fun and social interaction is at church. While the family seems to have found a church and are becoming active, the family really struggled to find one. To make matters worse, the pandemic has made it harder for the family to travel back to NH to visit their family and friends. There will never be a clear explanation other than Abbie saying "Dad listened to the Lord, so we packed up and moved across the country." On top of that Abbie has mentioned in posts the move wasn't really planned until a couple months before they headed south. It sounds like Dad said one night we are moving to Florida and they got the house ready and put it on the market. The dad decided to move south in late winter/early spring 2019 and they were down in Florida just in time for summer to begin. He really bungled their move as there was no plan other than sell the house and rent the cheapest place to live. Before they moved into their first house, the family had to live, I believe at a resort for a couple weeks, because the house wasn't ready. 

• Sad 1

I’m convinced some times (not all!) “God told me to” is the acceptable coping mechanism when help from qualified mental health professionals is seen as sinful. 

• Upvote 2

The Wilkes blog hasn't been updated for years, but I didn't realise that the family are farmers in north Virginia -Honey Brook Farms. Organic produce, non GM fed chickens, eggs, turkeys and pork. Everything organic.They do farmers markets and area drop offs.

https://youtu.be/3KJZ-RaX9x4

I wonder if 3 Neely sisters are living there as it says it's a multi generational farm

20201203_213523.jpg

• Upvote 3

Esther posted pictures from thanksgiving weekend. Of course they all gathered from different states to share all their germs and have a FEW conference with a ton of other people. But I’m not here to talk about that alone. Since we all expect it from fundies. What I’m here to say is that Elizabeth is still looking trim as ever so we won’t be seeing a “Miel” baby anytime soon. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

On 11/30/2020 at 5:15 AM, petrushka said:

While a son from one of these families may go outside the circle and marry a woman from a poorer fundie family, I doubt a daughter would be allowed.  Couldn't imagine Liz Bontrager with a Keller or Rodrigues son, for instance.

Say what you will about the Bontragers, they do believe in entrepreneurship, hard work, and paying your own way. TitRod would not be considered an acceptable match for a Bontrager (or most other fundie maidens). Seriously, how could he contribute? He doesn't have the interpersonal skills to work the front desk at the inn and probably not enough clerical skills to handle the back office. He strikes me as being way too soft for farming.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Say what you will about the Bontragers, they do believe in entrepreneurship, hard work, and paying your own way. TitRod would not be considered an acceptable match for a Bontrager (or most other fundie maidens). Seriously, how could he contribute? He doesn't have the interpersonal skills to work the front desk at the inn and probably not enough clerical skills to handle the back office. He strikes me as being way too soft for farming.

Remember when Tim came with the Mayo family to visit the Bontragers? It was speculated that a Mayo girl was in a courtship with Tim and they broke up before he came back to Ohio. That might be enough of a bad mark against a Rodling for a Bon to never consider a courtship.

• I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic