IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

23 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Michael is a Master  Beekeeper and beehive inspector for the Department of Agriculture in WV.

He is the president of the beekeepers association there. He is a talented artist, his drawings are  on sale on the Staddon family website- as well as their honey! He also runs beekeeping courses  of 7 modules  (  all sounds very complicated!)   He says beekeeping is a stewardship of God's creation. Elizabeth is also involved in this work. I think they live on the small "farm" with his parents.

This sounds like an awesome career and not only by fundie standards.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Is that Mr Staddon senior in the photo? He has shaved off his beard, but I'm glad to say he looks well despite his illness.

Go for it girls !! ( I see Kathryn and Esther)  and enjoy the rafting!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I am excited that some of the women are getting to white water raft and not just the men. 

Likely in long skirts, but oh well.  But yes.  I'm recalling the Vision Forum approach of allowing only Manly™ Mens to do any type of physical activities. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I’m glad Elizabeth wanted to go along but that skirt is not a great idea. It could catch on so many things if she fell out of the raft. I went white water rafting in that same river so I know it can get rather dicey at spots. People have died on that river.

6F853B34-D5A6-4CDC-B029-3C3C17F831BF.jpegAlthough I will say that it’s likely a little less rough now in the hot summer than in a rainy spring. I went during a rainy time and the river was fairly rough. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

OMG I can't believe they went rafting in New River Gorge in floor length skirts. So dangerous.

Growing up in the Smoky Mountains, I knew people that worked for various rafting companies, and they complained so much every time stupid female students from Bob Jones U. would come rafting in skirts.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

OMG I can't believe they went rafting in New River Gorge in floor length skirts. So dangerous.

Growing up in the Smoky Mountains, I knew people that worked for various rafting companies, and they complained so much every time stupid female students from Bob Jones U. would come rafting in skirts.

It looks like Esther and Kathryn have knee length skirts and Elizabeth is the only one in the ankle length skirt. When I rafted down that river, I wore a wetsuit. They would rather die than wear a wetsuit. Literally.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

On 7/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Give me modesty or give me death! It's the fundie way.

Someone please make this a post count! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

At least Michael is standing in modest solidarity with his wife, in loose suit pants and a button-down shirt layered over a t-shirt. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Looks as if Elizabeth has not been influenced by the Staddon ladies and is still staying true to wearing headcoverings and long skirts

20200718_162009.jpg

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

James Staddon has posted a photo on Lenspiration of his most recent photography workshop. Lots of Young Maidens and one GYM.

Pickles has posted a comment to ask if this is Big Sandy. It is supposed to be on just now, but do we know if anybody is there? They have posted hygiene regulations on the website- masks, social distancing between families etc, and a lots of sessions are being livestreamed. 

Anybody there?

20200730_135709.jpg

• Upvote 5

On 7/30/2020 at 9:13 AM, Sops2 said:

James Staddon has posted a photo on Lenspiration of his most recent photography workshop. Lots of Young Maidens and one GYM.

Pickles has posted a comment to ask if this is Big Sandy. It is supposed to be on just now, but do we know if anybody is there? They have posted hygiene regulations on the website- masks, social distancing between families etc, and a lots of sessions are being livestreamed. 

Anybody there?

20200730_135709.jpg

James is around so many single girls through his photography business (photography is a top approved SAHD hobby!). You would think it's a goldmine for finding a wife, but he's single as a pringle at the age of 32. What is it about these aging Staddon boys?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

James is around so many single girls through his photography business (photography is a top approved SAHD hobby!). You would think it's a goldmine for finding a wife, but he's single as a pringle at the age of 32. What is it about these aging Staddon boys?

I’ve had the exact same thought. He isn’t hideous although he’s no Denver Bontrager. I’m sure plenty of fundie gals would find him attractive. The fact that he’s still single stumps me. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve had the exact same thought. He isn’t hideous although he’s no Denver Bontrager. I’m sure plenty of fundie gals would find him attractive. The fact that he’s still single stumps me. 

The unmarried Staddons seem more enmeshed than most fundies outside of the Arndts, and somewhat infantilised to boot. I expect that puts some fundie maidens off. In addition I have a pet theory that having quite a high number of adult same-sex siblings living together (or nearby) is offputting in itself, particularly when paired with enmeshment, because it makes it harder for a potential romantic partner to 'break into' the group. This is more obvious with the Arndts but I think it's definitely a reason why the Staddons haven't married off many offspring, and why Michael didn't marry until his mid-30s.

• Upvote 11

25 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

The unmarried Staddons seem more enmeshed than most fundies outside of the Arndts, and somewhat infantilised to boot. I expect that puts some fundie maidens off. In addition I have a pet theory that having quite a high number of adult same-sex siblings living together (or nearby) is offputting in itself, particularly when paired with enmeshment, because it makes it harder for a potential romantic partner to 'break into' the group. This is more obvious with the Arndts but I think it's definitely a reason why the Staddons haven't married off many offspring, and why Michael didn't marry until his mid-30s.

There is Evelyn Frazer. I suppose since the Frazers have already broken into the Staddon brother shield, Evelyn could make an easier go of it. It’s weird because Staddons actually have a ton of family friends with single daughters. 

• Upvote 3

You would think that two brothers moving into a home of their own would give them an opportunity to stretch their wings, but no.

Their house is crammed  full of techno geek stuff, computers, camera equipment, drones etc. Little sign of living room furniture or organised belongings. Mrs Staddon must have been glad to see the back of all their clutter.

It would take a rather confident , assertive young maiden to break up that  bachelor pad, and to lure a Staddon brother down the aisle.

God has not laid it on their heart so far to take a bride, I think neither of them has any interest whatsoever. Jonathan likes playing with his drones and eating Skittles, and James runs photography workshops with  a dresscode  of modest attire for female participants.  

There may be a young lady somewhere hoping for a Staddon groom, but I don't see either of the brothers approaching their father soon

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 12:07 PM, usedbicycle said:

James is the next Staddon in line for marriage in my opinion. He has his own business and seems self sufficient from it. Plus, Michael got married in his late 30's to Elizabeth Frazer. TBH I am kind of shocked that James hasn't gotten married yet since, out of all the Staddon boys, he seems to be the only one with a job outside of IBLP and seems well off from his photography business.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:59 PM, Sops2 said:

You would think that two brothers moving into a home of their own would give them an opportunity to stretch their wings, but no.

Their house is crammed  full of techno geek stuff, computers, camera equipment, drones etc. Little sign of living room furniture or organised belongings. Mrs Staddon must have been glad to see the back of all their clutter.

It would take a rather confident , assertive young maiden to break up that  bachelor pad, and to lure a Staddon brother down the aisle.

God has not laid it on their heart so far to take a bride, I think neither of them has any interest whatsoever. Jonathan likes playing with his drones and eating Skittles, and James runs photography workshops with  a dresscode  of modest attire for female participants.  

There may be a young lady somewhere hoping for a Staddon groom, but I don't see either of the brothers approaching their father soon

The Staddon house in WV is quite huge and with three of the siblings having moved out and Esther splitting her time between IBLP headquarters and her parents home James and Jonathan probably have room for their equipment. Plus, a while ago James posted about having and office near their home in West Virginia. I don't know if he still has it or not. James and Jonathan seem like they are frequently on the road hosting classes and seminars together. So, if James doesn't have the office anymore, then there is probably a room that they can put their stuff in. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2020 at 11:35 AM, Sops2 said:

Also of interest perhaps -Robert and Kendalyn have been visiting the Staddon family home in WV for July 4th.

There's a photoshoot by James Staddon on Lenspiration which features the 5 kids.

One of the other brothers, Jonathan Staddon also shows a photo on his instagram page with Esther, Michael and Elizabeth.

She looks very happy. -Still wearing matching polos!!!

20200705_163951.jpg

I have a feeling that R&K have been in WV for some time now. I looked back through Robert's instagram (I don't have access to Kendalyn's since it is private) and, at least to me, it looks like they headed up there when things started shutting down due to COVID-19. I know that we have encountered many fundies with different views on the subject, like Marlin Bontrager calling it a Plandemic slamming governors who shut down their states in his sermon at Allison's wedding, while Maxwells took precautions seriously from the beginning. Both Ma and Pa Staddon do have college degrees and Pa Staddon did battle cancer a couple years ago, so maybe they took the Maxwell route. Maybe R&K felt it would be best to self isolate in WV rather than Texas where their family is. After all, the Staddons blog is really only updated by James with a few photography posts while the rest of them use social media apps that are occasionally public. 

• Upvote 1

James and Jonathan share a house that was bought with some of Mr Staddon's retiral money.

I think an elderly person at church had died and it seemed to happen "at just the right time" to make an investment in a property for the boys.

James meets a lot of fundie maidens, and I agree that he is probably the next in line to find a wife.He just doesn't seem that keen about it. 

He is too engrosssed in his photography. He seems to do quite a number of photoshoots and projects with Lydia Bennett. There seem to be quite a few daughters in the Bennett family ( who are based in Connecticut.) but it's Lydia who pops up most , either in shoots or blogs on Lenspiration

• Upvote 5

I agree that there have been MANY young single fundie girls in the Staddon circle for many years now. The Staddons are probably up there with the Duggars and Bateses when it comes to how many opportunities they have with single fundies. The fact that he hasn’t married yet is his choice. It’s not because he can’t find anyone. He’s ordinary looking but he’s not ugly and he’s pretty high up in the fundie world. He could easily find a mate if he really wanted to. It’s like Jana. There are likely to be plenty of opportunities, but they just are choosing not to right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think David stays at home  and Esther too when she is not working for IBLP.

Robert Staddon was the suitor chosen by Kendalyn's daddy, Daniel Staddon  was chosen for Kathryn by her father. Neither girl had much choice in the matter hence all the angst that went on before they decided it was God's will and  caved in. 

Does the word go round the fundie patriarchy that a certain father is looking for a husband for a daughter and are there any takers?  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that there have been MANY young single fundie girls in the Staddon circle for many years now. The Staddons are probably up there with the Duggars and Bateses when it comes to how many opportunities they have with single fundies. The fact that he hasn’t married yet is his choice. It’s not because he can’t find anyone. He’s ordinary looking but he’s not ugly and he’s pretty high up in the fundie world. He could easily find a mate if he really wanted to. It’s like Jana. There are likely to be plenty of opportunities, but they just are choosing not to right now. 

Hey, what about Jana for this guy? They both have things they like to do and could give each other space?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Hey, what about Jana for this guy? They both have things they like to do and could give each other space?

I have a really hard time deciding who would be a good match for Jana. There are some I can match up easily but Jana can be such a mystery. People love to pair her up with Lawson but I think their personalities would clash terribly. She would probably be better with someone like Nathan not Lawson. But I don’t think any of the older Bates and Duggar singles will get together. I think their families are too close and it would feel weird. Maybe someone more like Stephen Wissmann. 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic