IGNORED

Maxwell 28: You Can Leave Your Vest On!

Coconut Flan

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Sarah went to John's house to take newborn photos. John cranked up the heat. John wore a black shirt. Dad & Mom came by and provided company. 

Not once did Sarah mention the woman who carried & birthed Axton. Oh, sure, she experiemented with pictures of baby and mommy - clearly relegating Chelsy to her role and not as a person. 

I know these people are patriarchial and it's pretty common for them to focus all on the Maxwells by birth and not the wives - but damn. 

Also, the pictures are not good. She gives some pretty specific info on her equipment but none of that makes her a photographer. I am not even slightly impressed with the images. 

I literally don’t understand the point of her saying she literally googled photographing in natural light before going. 

Is she trying to say it’s easy? Or that she’s a natural? 

At least Sarah didn't photograph their wedding rings around the baby's toes like Christopher did with one of the previous babies!

7 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

wedding rings around the baby's toes like Christopher did with one of the previous babies!

I have seen pictures like that before. I don’t care for them. 

On 2/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Hane said:

No. He cannot. If he tries, his dick will shrivel up and fall off.

Honestly? The girls may have preferred the aunts to go.

Also, the Reversal has already made sure that his dick will NEVER fall off. All Hail The Reversal!

I just can’t stand the whole wrapping-baby-in-cheesecloth thing. They are not cheese. They are babies. Same with putting them in random sacks etc. You know what’s really cute? Baby clothes. Babies in baby clothes. I mean, naked babies are cute, too, but they make these tiny items of clothing that are just adorable, keep the kid warm, and aren’t something you use in cooking. And if you’re going to photograph a baby without clothes on and it’s not spontaneous, either take off the diaper or put a cloth cover on it. 

So I'm catching up on the last few posts and the thing that is blowing my mind the most:

Apparently every other member of the family was sick (including possibly flu) and yet the 8 day old newborn was brought to a party filled with all these germ and virus laden people? what the hell! doesn't sound very pro-life to me, risking a baby's life like that.

(says the uber paranoid mom of a 2-year old who reads horror stories like the baby brought to a wedding and kissed by someone who had a cold sore and ended up dying)

Sarah:   The day was pretty perfect for light, with a cloud cover quite a bit.

:whaa:

I swear to God, my cats speak clearer English.  HOW DOES THIS WOMAN WRITE COHERENT BOOKS?  (I know, she doesn't, really).

On February 16, 2019 at 9:08 AM, anjulibai said:

The gift from Teri and Steve included a shopping trip with Teri and.....Anna and Mary? Uh, why?

Steve, go shopping with your granddaughters!

But... but... it's HOBBY lobby! Hobbies are idols, don't you know (unless they can make Steve some money). If Steve went there, he might see a cool model kit and think he wants to put it together, and then he'd realize it was Satan distracting him and he needed to fast and pray. If he'd spent time on that model, it might have thrown off the schedule, or tempted him to reduce his Bible-reading time, or any number of other terrible satanic temptations. Or maybe while shopping he'd see a female paper crafter bending down to check the clearance papers jumbled up on the bottom shelf, and be defrauded by cleavage or butt. Or a female knitter might ask him to help reach that one last skein of yarn she needs that is of course at the very back of the top shelf out of reach, and he'd have to acknowledge her existence. A female shopping for fabric to make a cosplay outfit might be carrying around a comic depicting a woman in immodest dress. Surely even the cashiers are likely to have eye-trap contrasting buttons on their clothing. Or he might hear some Christian rock music over the store speakers, rather than dour hymns about where you go when you die. 

He probably sat out in the car praying fervently that none of them would be tempted by the devil while shopping in the most holy of craft stores. And hoping they'd buy him a tin of Testa-Mints at the checkout.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

So, Sarah went to John's house to take newborn photos. John cranked up the heat. John wore a black shirt. Dad & Mom came by and provided company. 

Not once did Sarah mention the woman who carried & birthed Axton. Oh, sure, she experiemented with pictures of baby and mommy - clearly relegating Chelsy to her role and not as a person. 

I know these people are patriarchial and it's pretty common for them to focus all on the Maxwells by birth and not the wives - but damn. 

Also, the pictures are not good. She gives some pretty specific info on her equipment but none of that makes her a photographer. I am not even slightly impressed with the images. 

I looked at the post. You're right, there's a strong bias in favor of the Manly Man and his son, and poor Chelsy is a fucking prop. Jeez, Sarah. Try to act treat your sister-in-law like a real person.

Axton is rather cute, though. I like the picture where he's staring at his daddy with a complete "wtf" look on his face!

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

At least Sarah didn't photograph their wedding rings around the baby's toes like Christopher did with one of the previous babies!

I know he’s not the first nor the onky to do that, but I have a new handle for him now:

ChrisTweePher

31 minutes ago, freethemall said:

So I'm catching up on the last few posts and the thing that is blowing my mind the most:

Apparently every other member of the family was sick (including possibly flu) and yet the 8 day old newborn was brought to a party filled with all these germ and virus laden people? what the hell! doesn't sound very pro-life to me, risking a baby's life like that.

(says the uber paranoid mom of a 2-year old who reads horror stories like the baby brought to a wedding and kissed by someone who had a cold sore and ended up dying)

Again: unborn? PROTECT AT ALL COSTS!

Born?  Eh.

Also: these people long for the good old days when Mom&Wife was the only option for females. A day when newborns were kept home for weeks so that Wife&Mom could relax and recover and get into the baby routine. (And — when I was a larva — also because horrible things like polio awaited outside.) No criticism meant to any of you who sallied or sally forth with young infants. You do you. But in a family locked in a fantasy of the ‘50s, you’d think Cheesy and Hoyt Axton would get a pass on obligations at Day 8. Oh wait: it’s Steve. 

29 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Sarah:   The day was pretty perfect for light, with a cloud cover quite a bit.

:whaa:

I swear to God, my cats speak clearer English.  HOW DOES THIS WOMAN WRITE COHERENT BOOKS?  (I know, she doesn't, really).

Made me laugh REAL loud! Thank you. #endorphins

26 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

He probably sat out in the car praying fervently that none of them would be tempted by the devil while shopping in the most holy of craft stores. And hoping they'd buy him a tin of Testa-Mints at the checkout.

No no no no no. As Patriarchus Stevus, HE is allowed to tell them what he wants and wants them to do. To the lengths of a phone call while he’s unchaperoned ! 

Some comments on the last two blog posts:

1. What the heck is wrong with Bethany/Betsy's eyes????

2. Hobby Lobby--of course, a friend-of-Bill-Gothard-owns it.

3. Hobbies must be appropriate to future wives/mothers, I imagine.

4. The photos of AxMax--so

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

She gives some pretty specific info on her equipment but none of that makes her a photographer. I am not even slightly impressed with the images.  

Exactly--very ho-hum.

Sarah may even be projecting "her" family in these pictures [that is the family she'll never have] so the mother is barely included.

2 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Christopher hasn't pulled out his sacred camera yet for this child. Give him time!

I am trying to understand why Sarah felt the need to say that John turned the heat up so it was toasty. We know she wasn’t trying to elude to John being hot, which I do not find him. Does she really think it’s remarkable to turn up the heat in the middle of winter? Is that why the Maxwell’s always wear vests at home? I never understood that since half the time they are barefoot and I like to keep my feet warm. Maybe they have heated floors. I am obviously thinking too deeply about this non-issue. 

What was the point of saying Stud John turned up the heat, what the cloud cover was and Poor Sarah googled?  Since Coward Steve and Griselda Teri were walking by guess John and Judgy Chelsy don't live all that far from the compound.  And for all the yapping the Maxwells do about modesty Axton isn't very modestly dressed.

17 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am trying to understand why Sarah felt the need to say that John turned the heat up so it was toasty. We know she wasn’t trying to elude to John being hot, which I do not find him. Does she really think it’s remarkable to turn up the heat in the middle of winter? Is that why the Maxwell’s always wear vests at home? I never understood that since half the time they are barefoot and I like to keep my feet warm. Maybe they have heated floors. I am obviously thinking too deeply about this non-issue. 

I get the impression she did this because she thought people would judge them having a naked baby lying around. 

It could have also just been to explain the process.  When we did newborn photos of my kids, the photographer brought a heater to warm the area so the baby would go to sleep. 

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

What was the point of saying Stud John turned up the heat, what the cloud cover was and Poor Sarah googled? 

Those are "see look I am a photographer for real, I googled and read these very basic tips!" 

Pretty much every article giving tips for infant photography suggests bringing a heater or turning up the heat so the baby is comfy and sleepy. Overcast skies are like a big lighting softbox - even diffuse light, no harsh shadows even in the middle of the day, so good for portrait photography. Hobbyist photographers looking to improve will find lots of articles about these things, so when she googled that's what she found.

I have to wonder, though, what ELSE she found. Most in-depth photography sites also have articles about boudoir photography and artistic nudes are not uncommon either. If she really enjoys photography then good for her - but it would be awesome if she could go to a photography meet up or take a class or something. There are even chances to volunteer as a photographer that she might enjoy.

Oh wait... enjoy. Steve doesn't allow things they truly enjoy. Sorry, Sarah.

26 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Those are "see look I am a photographer for real, I googled and read these very basic tips!" 

Pretty much every article giving tips for infant photography suggests bringing a heater or turning up the heat so the baby is comfy and sleepy. Overcast skies are like a big lighting softbox - even diffuse light, no harsh shadows even in the middle of the day, so good for portrait photography. Hobbyist photographers looking to improve will find lots of articles about these things, so when she googled that's what she found.

I have to wonder, though, what ELSE she found. Most in-depth photography sites also have articles about boudoir photography and artistic nudes are not uncommon either. If she really enjoys photography then good for her - but it would be awesome if she could go to a photography meet up or take a class or something. There are even chances to volunteer as a photographer that she might enjoy.

Oh wait... enjoy. Steve doesn't allow things they truly enjoy. Sorry, Sarah.

James Staddon teaches a lot of fundies photography classes. I’m sure he would be Steve approved to be a family friend but I bet you’re right about a class being off limits. 

At least Sarah seems interested in photography, and wants to try to improve.  Maybe that's why she's not the official family photographer, the idol thing and all.  Nope!  She is the book writer, whether she likes it or not!  So sayeth the Steve!

I will say James is not a great live subject photographer. He’s more talented in landscape photography. So he may not have much to teach Sarah if she doesn’t want to do landscape photography. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will say James is not a great live subject photographer. He’s more talented in landscape photography. So he may not have much to teach Sarah if she doesn’t want to do landscape photography. 

James is one of the larger foreheaded unmarrieds, right?!

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

James is one of the larger foreheaded unmarrieds, right?!

He is 30 and I think he’s better looking than some of his brothers. I’m not naming names. I imagine he’s going to attract some fundie maiden in the next year or so. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

He is 30 and I think he’s better looking than some of his brothers. I’m not naming names. I imagine he’s going to attract some fundie maiden in the next year or so. 

They all look old, all the Staddon boys. They look like old men with baby faces. And baby foreheads. Dang. I was hoping he was old enough for Poor Sarah. He is the right age for ReversalAnna.

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

They all look old, all the Staddon boys. They look like old men with baby faces. And baby foreheads. Dang. I was hoping he was old enough for Poor Sarah. He is the right age for ReversalAnna.

Michael would have been the perfect age match but he went after a Frazer.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived