IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Yes! Come to Remnant Fellowship and buy lunch for members! Do people actually do this or is she just begging for people to come buy her favorite folks some food? 

Sliders for days, ?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@formergothardite I think you should change your devotional titles to @RFfamANON calls it - Ramblin’ Shamblin

Something like - it is now time for today's Ramblin’ Shamblin! It has a nice ring. :D

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

-Gwen's Ramblin'Shamblin that formergothardite posted above

The best way to enhance your lifestyle is to watch and imitate the right behavior. If your issue is alcoholism, watch a person who is not a drinking buddy but rather one in control who barely sips their wine and stops after one glass. If your issue is lust, watch a righteous man who would never look to the right or the left, who is perfectly faithful and in love with his wife. If you have avarice for money, watch a generous person. If you are an overeater with food as your passion, it might be hard to find a Thin Eater (people who have been thin from birth) to imitate, since close to 70 percent of the population is either overweight or obese. And you must be careful… even if someone is thin, it does not mean that they are a Thin Eater. A Thin Eater is someone who has never had a preoccupation with food. Food is not their “thing”… they do not get pulled off by the sweets or the chips and the dip, and they do not grow up dreaming of eating ice cream or raiding the pantry. They are not anorexics or bulimics or people who are exercise-a-holics… They are FREE from the passion of food. In order to truly imitate and get in contact with someone free from gluttony, call the main WeighDown office for your Regional Representative, and call and even visit your WeighDown Regional Representative—take them to lunch. Another thing you can do is visit the WeighDown Ministry Staff in Franklin, Tennessee. There, you will find plenty of Thin Eaters to choose from, to visit, and to pray with. It is exciting to see so many people, young and old, men and women, all races and backgrounds, who have lost 5, 10, 50, 100, 150 pounds or more! What is even more exciting is to hear their testimonies of how they have keep it off for 3, 5, 10, 15 years or more! I have kept my own weight off for over 30 years now and have no fear of ever being overweight again! 

I bolded a different section than FormerG did. So I am a person not preoccupied with food, unless I am hungry. I eat at fairly regular schedule through the day and I rarely over stuff myself. I "eat to live not live to eat". There are times I eat stuff I don't really care for just because that is what is served or that is what the family wants (Little Ceaser's pizza, for example-- but back away if we have crazy bread-YUM!). So it appears I fit her example of a "thin eater" - but I am not - I do purge on chips and dip sometimes or eat an entire row of double stuff oreos dipped in milk at one time or day dream about eating a big bowl of vanilla ice cream over bananas with crunchy peanut butter topped with chocolate syrup. She doesn't get it. It is all about not over indulging every single day or every single meal. And we all know that she and her sheep don't get it or don't want to get it. 

One bad habit I have is coke- real, not diet. I drink one coke (normal size serving, not a 2L) of it about 5 days a week. I know if I cut it out it would help me loose my last 5lbs but guess what, i don't care enough and I don't drink enough that it should ever be the reason I die. It is my drink I savor on stressful work days (which is why I drink one almost 5 days a week). All her talk about savoring the food is not actually savoring. I don't believer anyone can savor food when their stomach is growling so much it hurts or when they are thinking about it all day long and then the reality is it doesn't taste as good as what you dreamed it would. 

Maybe I should start a weight loss gimmick! Too bad mine won't be catchy as Gwen's. I would actually have people look at how much the consume before starting. Decide their healthy weight or goal weight (I would check to make sure it is doctor approved good for them) and then I would help them meal plan and help them organize their life to add some walking, or running, or biking or something else aerobic and then add something like yoga or Pilates or such for them to work on breathing and strength. Yeah, I wouldn't make millions with that gimmick. :/  

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Yes! Come to Remnant Fellowship and buy lunch for members! Do people actually do this or is she just begging for people to come buy her favorite folks some food? 

I've got a dollar. A McD's burger is like 89 cents and should feed at least four of them! 

My mother was a “thin eater” in the sense she was naturally very thin (I’d say skinny but if she were alive she’d be offended and correct me to “slender.”)

My mother desperately tried to keep 10 lbs with each baby and was disappointed when the weight just immediately fell off anyway.

My mother also ate like Michael Phelps in training despite not working out ever.

If normal people followed my mom’s eating habits they would weigh so much TLC would give them a show.

My sisters are small and waifish - think Winona Ryder body type ...their complicated life long diet plan has been to eat whatever they want whenever they want it because they    never gain weight.

Correction - one did gain 6 lbs after menopause and now weighs a whopping 110. It’s a wonder she can get through doorways.

Gwen has no idea what she’s talking about.  Which should be stamped on everything she puts out there.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:13 PM, SuperNova said:

This is a terrible joke and I love it. You're gonna fit right in here. Welcome!

Thanks, not my first rodeo here, I lost access to the email that my first account on Freejinger. It's good to be back.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

ummm I know my degree is only in business and learning/development but I don't think that is how it works. Last I knew the food goes down the pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine and then out. I believe what she means have time for the absorption of the nutrients to happen but you can't sit there long enough for that food to do that because after you eat it takes 6-8 hours to food to pass through the stomach and small intestines. The nutrients are absorbed into the blood stream in the small intestines. 

It does take time for your brain to register you are full so talking during meals does slow down the intake of food and gives the brain more time to register full but that is not what she said in that devotional. 

I know I don't have a fancy dietitian degree but geez louise, she purposely being stupid? 

Why even ask the question? It is quite clear she isn't qualified to giving advice in the diet or nutrition.  It's just sad all around.  

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My mother was a “thin eater” in the sense she was naturally very thin (I’d say skinny but if she were alive she’d be offended and correct me to “slender.”)

My mother desperately tried to keep 10 lbs with each baby and was disappointed when the weight just immediately fell off anyway.

My mother also ate like Michael Phelps in training despite not working out ever.

If normal people followed my mom’s eating habits they would weigh so much TLC would give them a show.

My sisters are small and waifish - think Winona Ryder body type ...their complicated life long diet plan has been to eat whatever they want whenever they want it because they    never gain weight.

Correction - one did gain 6 lbs after menopause and now weighs a whopping 110. It’s a wonder she can get through doorways.

Gwen has no idea what she’s talking about.  Which should be stamped on everything she puts out there.

A lot of it does seem genetic. I have one parent that has been thin their entire life and one that has been overweight their entire life (even born a 10lb baby). I got the overweight genes unfortunately. I’m not saying it’s all genetics. But it definitely plays a part. 

On 1/24/2019 at 8:00 AM, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is still all about Gwen's God of Hunger. 

Whiskey, tango, foxtrot is Gwen going on about? This is merely playing with your food.

Today's Ramblin' Shamblin(Lara) is still just straight up weight loss advice. Has she stopped pretending this has anything to do with God and is just a way to make herself more money? She, of course, gives out terrible weight loss advice that doesn't seem to be based in any reality outside her own. 

Your body knows that you are overweight and, therefore, will only ask for a small amount of food. Observing a Thin Eater who is in control over a 24-hour period is so helpful. Sometimes, in the course of one day, you will eat all of that during one meal. Sometimes you will eat such small amounts that hunger will occur as many as four times a day. Basically, the smaller the amount of food you eat at each hunger, the more times your body will ask for food over the course of the day. Just obey the body—it knows what you need. Also, do not worry about making a mistake. You can always start over by just waiting for the next hunger.

She is obsessed with hunger. She needs some major therapy to get over her eating disorder. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Today's Ramblin' Shamblin(Lara) is still just straight up weight loss advice. Has she stopped pretending this has anything to do with God and is just a way to make herself more money? She, of course, gives out terrible weight loss advice that doesn't seem to be based in any reality outside her own. 

She is obsessed with hunger. She needs some major therapy to get over her eating disorder. 

She fails to acknowledge that even if all metabolisms were equal, which they are not, our caloric needs differ based on our weight, activity levels, etc. Watching what the skinny lady next to me eats might not be useful at all.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:00 AM, formergothardite said:

Wrap up the leftovers and save them for later or ask for a carryout.

I picture the refrigerators of faithful Remnant members: hundreds of tiny bits of leftovers wrapped in aluminum foil, spilling over dozens of styrofoam containers.

On 1/24/2019 at 12:16 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Stop when your stomach feels politely full

Politely full? what is this supposed to mean?

That's when your stomach uses your esophagus like a speaking tube, to say "Excuse me? Hi, it's me, your stomach, Bernard. I'm full, so, if it's quite all right with you, I'd appreciate your not eating any more. Thanks!"

6 hours ago, thoughtful said:

That's when your stomach uses your esophagus like a speaking tube, to say "Excuse me? Hi, it's me, your stomach, Bernard. I'm full, so, if it's quite all right with you, I'd appreciate your not eating any more. Thanks!"

I imagine Bernard wearing a top hat and monocle. 

Remember Hannah Collins? The one who was very quickly remarried after she and a Langston were divorced? She’s pregnant with her new husband.

Ramblin Shamblin(Lara) of the day is just an answer to the question about what if your lunch hour arrives and you aren't feeling the growl. You don't eat. You absolutely don't eat until you feel the growl. Later if you start feeling hungry you can have a snack. I don't know what the answer to the question is if you can't have a snack later at your work. 

any times, questions arise concerning the way to handle specific eating situations when you are trying to lose weight. The wonderful truth about losing weight the WeighDown way is that there are no special food rules to follow that include weighing, measuring, counting, or restricting food selections. All foods are to be enjoyed with thanksgiving between the boundaries of hunger and fullness. The only rule is no more cravings, so get your HEART right with God—the BODY will follow. Over the next few days, we will consider some of the common questions.

What should you do if it is your lunch hour and you are not hungry?

Answer:
Do not eat. Your body is not calling for food, and if you do eat, it will only be added to what needs to be burned (your stored fat). If you get hungry before the next meal, you can eat a small snack of some kind to satisfy your hunger until mealtime—or you can choose to make that your mealtime. The number of meals you eat in one day might decrease.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember Hannah Collins? The one who was very quickly remarried after she and a Langston were divorced? She’s pregnant with her new husband.

They were married  mid July, just about right for announcing a pregnancy.

According to recent her weight loss testimony, Hannah and hub manage a restaurant and food truck. As there is a photo of her with Tiffany Day, and HC said in her engagement story it was the Days who showed her the wonders and truth of RF, I assume it is one of the Days' restaurants. 

Boys the RFers really are all enmeshed and intertwined:  in church, working in each others' businesses, intermarrying, friends only with other RFers, anecdotal stories of members spying /informing on members, etc.

Hmmmmm .....To the casual outside observer it might seem they keep such a tight hold and watch on each other because they are afraid even a single outside influence might lead an RFer astray.

What is that word again that describes behavior like that?.....  I can't ... it's .......it's right on the tip of my tongue ..... religion?.... no that's not it ......um ...  ah ... ummmm... umm ....... Cult!! That's it!! Cult. I knew I'd remember. 

13 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Boys the RFers really are all enmeshed and intertwined:  in church, working in each others' businesses, intermarrying, friends only with other RFers, anecdotal stories of members spying /informing on members, etc.

Hmmmmm .....To the casual outside observer it might seem they keep such a tight hold and watch on each other because they are afraid even a single outside influence might lead an RFer astray.

The community is sooooo incredibly intertwined. You can’t go or do anything without seeing or being with someone from RF. All of your time and energy is dedicated to RF and “building the kingdom”. 

And to your comment about the fear of outside influences leading a member astray, you are 100% correct in my opinion. 

Does anyone have any direct experience with the belief that Weigh Down Ministies (Gwen Shamblin's church) may be a cult? I was about 3 steps in and something doesn't seem right. I know there's heresay and whatnot, but need advice so I can stop second guessing myself. 

9 minutes ago, CherryCola said:

Does anyone have any direct experience with the belief that Weigh Down Ministies (Gwen Shamblin's church) may be a cult? I was about 3 steps in and something doesn't seem right. I know there's heresay and whatnot, but need advice so I can stop second guessing myself. 

@CherryCola had created a thread in Community Discussion. I moved it here, so that people could reply more easily.

7 minutes ago, CherryCola said:

Hi, and welcome to FJ, CherryCola.

I don't know how much of this thread and the previous ones you've read yet, but there are several ex-members posting in it, so you may find the information you want by reading what's already posted. In any case, one of them may stop by to answer you.

I've had no direct experience with Weigh Down Ministries, but it certainly looks like like it has developed into a cult, from everything I've read and seen about it.

11 minutes ago, CherryCola said:

Does anyone have any direct experience with the belief that Weigh Down Ministies (Gwen Shamblin's church) may be a cult?

I would recommend going back and reading all our threads on RF and Gwen. There is a lot of information covered and at one point members pop up. It is very telling that the members couldn't answer basic questions about their church, something that is a huge red flag. 

Gwen claims that her diet advice is literally the only thing that works. Her advice wouldnt' work for me and many others but she won't accept that. That should be another red flag. Go ask church members if it is okay to state that Gwen's diet plan doesn't work for everyone and see how they act. 

Also ask why it is okay for Gwen to be a glutton when it comes to worldly possessions while judging people who eat more than she thinks they should. Gwen lives a life of excess and gluttony. 

31 minutes ago, CherryCola said:

One thing to note is the distinction between Weigh Down and Remnant Fellowship. By definition, Weigh Down is not a church, but it is the ministry branch of Remnant Fellowship. Weigh Down started as a faith-based weight loss program in the 1990s and eventually Gwen "felt led by God" to break away from other denominations and founded Remnant Fellowship. The two are tied at the hip and Weigh Down is the for sure a method that Remnant uses to bring people into Remnant.

Like @formergothardite said, I would start by taking a look at the past threads since there is a lot of information already shared.

Yeah, “eating like the skinny lady” doesn’t always work. At my old office there was a gal who was five feet tall, maybe ninety pounds dripping wet, and hypoglycemic. She’d have a big bacon-and-eggs breakfast at the cafeteria, then coffee and danish at break time, then a ploughman’s lunch, with snacks throughout the afternoon. 

17 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The wonderful truth about losing weight the WeighDown way is that there are no special food rules to follow that include weighing, measuring, counting, or restricting food selections

The "wonderful truth" about WeighDown is that there's only one rule: 

17 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do not eat.

Today's worship Gwen devotional deals with what to do when you get hungry before meal time. Guess what the answer is?! Don't eat. Drink some diet coke to try and hope your gnawing hunger goes away. Which seems to go against the whole idea that you are supposed to wait for the growl to tell you went to eat and not wait for set meal times. You can't eat at a set meal time if you don't have the growl and you can't eat if it isn't a meal time and you do have the growl. So yes, this really is a whole cult about not eating. 

Question: What should you do if you are hungry, but mealtime is still an hour away?

Answer: Do not panic. Just drink an ounce or two of juice or drink a diet drink. This will satisfy or dilute your hunger enough to allow you to make it to mealtime. And even if you are not able to eat a snack, just remember that this hunger will not hurt you. In fact, the gnawing sensation will usually go away after a few minutes and will not come around again for a while, maybe an hour. Just do not use the premature hunger as an excuse to eat two meals!

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Question: What should you do if you are hungry, but mealtime is still an hour away?

MM says: eat.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived