IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:
On 2/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, thoughtful said:

Curiosity led me to google "politely full." I did find some other people besides Gwen using it. I have no idea where it originated, though.

I still don't understand what it means though. I know that eating politely means not eating overly quickly with food falling out of your mouth, but politely full? One the food is in my stomach, what does it matter? Just an odd phrase to me. Maybe they mean slightly full. I'm a stickler for appropriate word usage.

I'm with you -- it makes no sense to me. I figure they do mean "slightly full."

This doc:

https://swc.osu.edu/posts/documents/mindful-eating.pdf

defines it as "you could eat more but don't have to."

It's such a bizarre use of the word "politely." I can't figure out if it started with Gwen or she picked it up from someone else.

I keep thinking of the musical 1776, in which Morris, the delegate from NY, "abstains . . . courteously" on every vote, until Hancock gets thoroughly frustrated:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gwen decided to toss in some Bible today. She also is still talking about head hunger. 

The book of James talks about our own desires:

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15

We have been deceived into believing that we adore food, we worship the taste, we love the feeling of control. We long for a secret rendezvous with food. We plan to put our children to bed and have no one present to tell us what to do or to judge us. We long to fulfill the desire-eating binge at 10 p.m. when no one is looking… eating foods we have been secretly dreaming of all day long.

Why do we do this? Head hunger—this desire for indulgence and the sensation of eating salt and sweet—can override the physical pain of overeating, such as the overstretched stomach pouch, the pain of the dumping syndrome of diarrhea, the pain of gastric reflux in the esophagus, and the exhaustion. Again, we have ignored the chronic pain of the overweight condition—clothes too tight, joints that hurt, and fatigue. We have not associated this pain with eating—we have not associated the guilt that leads to depression.

Even though she has gone back to bad diet advice and the occasional use of The Growl, she has still toned it way down since we started discussing her. No more devotionals about how your entire day is spent in worship of The Growl and how you think of nothing else but The Growl. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

We long for a secret rendezvous with food.

"Just knock three times and whisper low, that you and I were sent by Joe" (LOL!) ...

At Hernando's Hideaway... ? 

Hernando's Hideaway - youtube

On 2/4/2019 at 7:28 PM, RFsurvivor said:

I remember Gwen not supporting members going to chiropractors. I think there was even a member who was one and quit practicing after joining RF

To add to this, the Remnant leadership also does not support going to see a therapist. I wanted to pursue a degree in Psychology (not to become a therapist but for other education) and I was counselled against it. I received a very big NO to psychology and when I asked why, they said it was because a lot of what is learned in psychology classes refutes the teachings in the Bible and Gwen's teachings.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We have been deceived into believing that we adore food, we worship the taste, we love the feeling of control. We long for a secret rendezvous with food. 

Where does she come up with this garbage? Such odd language, more suited to an extra marital affair. Yes, I love food. There was a time in my life where food was literally my business. I worked for a gourmet food importer and sometimes I was paid to travel and eat. It was awesome. But never in all those years did I worship food or feel a sense of control when eating it. Although, Gwen may be on to something because sometimes when I don't feel like cooking I'll go out and have a secret rendezvous with a delicious steak dinner while my husband is working late.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

...physical pain of overeating, such as the overstretched stomach pouch, the pain of the dumping syndrome of diarrhea, the pain of gastric reflux in the esophagus, and the exhaustion. Again, we have ignored the chronic pain of the overweight condition—clothes too tight, joints that hurt, and fatigue. 

Here we go again. We are all a bunch of sad and tired fatties in badly fitting clothes trying our best to avoid explosive diarrhea.

3 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

To add to this, the Remnant leadership also does not support going to see a therapist. I wanted to pursue a degree in Psychology (not to become a therapist but for other education) and I was counselled against it. I received a very big NO to psychology and when I asked why, they said it was because a lot of what is learned in psychology classes refutes the teachings in the Bible and Gwen's teachings.

"Better keep the kids ignorant and brainwashed so they don't figure out this is all bullshit!"  --what I heard in my head every time the RF leaders would say "raise up a child in the way he should go and even when he is old he will not depart from it"  

Yuck.  I hope you found a career you enjoy despite their unnecessary interference.  

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's plain to me that a secret rendezvous with food means masturbation with  cucumbers

I was making my grocery list before reading here. You made me blush because it has cucumbers on it! Damn you!

Gwen would hate how much I'm looking forward to buying Swiss cheese tomorrow. It's mostly a frugality boner, but the cheese is yummy too!

What the hell is the antidepressant feeling?! Not being depressed? From looking at videos of Gwen's home she sure has the materialistic feeling. 

When we binge or graze without having any physiological hunger, we are looking for a feeling. Looking for a feeling is not wrong. God is the Creator of you and the Creator of feelings—therefore, it is okay to indulge—but it is God giving you this indulgence. The Lord provided hunger and marriage and finances—but it all must be in His boundaries with His guiding hand. If you go to the physical world or anything in or on this world for the feeling of comfort, fulfillment, love, or control, you may get it temporarily. But eventually it will disappear and leave you with an even larger gnawing, longing, wanton need than you had before.

The world cannot satisfy. This is true if you go after the intoxicated feeling, the antidepressant feeling, the feeling of sexual lust, the tobacco feeling, the materialistic feeling, or the craving of the praise of people feeling. We are overdoing it—we expect sensual indulgence at every meal while most of the world gets rice for breakfast, lunch and supper. Humility is expecting nothing from anyone or anything. We need to practice humility.

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We have been deceived into believing that we adore food, we worship the taste, we love the feeling of control. 

First of all, Gwen you need an editor. I would hate to try and diagram that sentence - yikes! Second, who is “we“?  How can you have overcome sin and still be part of the “we”?

Lastly, this might be the most truthful thing I have ever read by her.  Her followers have most certainly been deceived into believeing all of this (and more).  The more she tells them that they adore food the more they believe it; and the more she talks about how to not think about food, the harder it is to not think about food. It’s the  “don’t picture an elephant” framing technique. The two together create this circular mind trap...classic communication/control strategy.

37 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What the hell is the antidepressant feeling?! Not being depressed? From looking at videos of Gwen's home she sure has the materialistic feeling. 

Yeah I think she's trying to refer to comfort eating. Which yeah, sometimes chocolate or other food is totally a comfort rather than need thing. But so is buying shoes for some people. 

18 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Here we go again. We are all a bunch of sad and tired fatties in badly fitting clothes trying our best to avoid explosive diarrhea.

That describes me except for the sad part. I have no desire to get the norovirus strain that is being passed around the schools at the moment!!

18 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Where does she come up with this garbage? 

I suspect her brain isn't getting enough nutrients to function efficiently and she is always in a mental fog with a constant loop of "wait for the growl!" in the background.

Humility is expecting nothing from anyone or anything. We need to practice humility.

Another "do as I say, not as I do" moment from Gwen Shamblin Lara.  Gwen, you go first.  Even after offloading husband #1, your financial situation is at a point where you can say to your congregation, "Hey, no more tithing.  Give directly to charities, or save for retirement, or anything but hand over the money to me, who has all the blue sashes I could ever desire." 

Just now, CTRLZero said:

who has all the blue sashes I could ever desire." 

What is her obsession with blue sashes?

Maybe Gwen has microphones inserted into her blue sashes in order to magnify her growl and therefore inspire her followers. She could also just be batshit crazy .

Looking for a feeling is not wrong, she said. It is okay to indulge, she said, after writing blog after blog after blog about how wrong they are.   

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

So Gwen dresses up as the queen. Isn't that so humble of her. :pb_rollseyes:

I’m sure she thinks her giant hair is her crown. It is biblical right? 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure she thinks her giant hair is her crown. It is biblical right? 

And if you listen to her earlier stuff, her hair is a prayer God answered ?‍♀️?

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The Lord provided hunger and marriage and financesbut it all must be in His boundaries with His guiding hand.

Well there it is. Gwen is not materialistic. The lord has provided for Gwen. Her finances are within god's boundaries because he has chosen to bless Gwen with obscene amounts of money. So in Gwen's mind, she didn't actively accumulate wealth. It was all a gift from god for living the sinless life of a spiritual leader. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If you go to the physical world or anything in or on this world for the feeling of comfort, fulfillment, love, or control, you may get it temporarily. But eventually it will disappear and leave you with an even larger gnawing, longing, wanton need than you had before.

This would explain why she is getting crazier and crazier. Her need for all of those things continues to grow, especially the control part. It's almost like she's writing this stuff to herself. About herself. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, throwaway9988 said:

"Better keep the kids ignorant and brainwashed so they don't figure out this is all bullshit!"  --what I heard in my head every time the RF leaders would say "raise up a child in the way he should go and even when he is old he will not depart from it"  

Yuck.  I hope you found a career you enjoy despite their unnecessary interference.  

(Bolding mine) 

I always roll my eyes extra hard when I see fundies swinging this verse like a club to defend their controlling behavior... the Hebrew wording in this passage would probably better be translated “according to his/her way” with the sense of fostering and encouraging a child’s natural and God-given abilities and talents... it seems to me that would also mean not trying to make the child be something they’re not. 

Gwen’s whole MO seems to be “rules for thee, not for me”. But what about the words of Jesus himself? Namely: 

Matthew 23:11-12

But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Another thing? I don’t seem to remember, in the story of the loaves and fishes, Jesus sitting the five thousand he was preaching to down and telling them that in order to be godly that they must wait for the growl... he noticed they were getting hungry (and in some cases hangry no doubt, lol) and fed them. 

Guess Jesus never read the gospel of Gwen, hmm? (It’s pretty bad when a heathenish working woman who sins by eating normal sized meals, growl be damned, knows the Bible better than someone in full time ministry.) 

On 1/28/2019 at 11:26 AM, RFfree said:

Update on another Weigh Down legal matter here:

Spoiler

https://pilotonline.com/business/article_3d8866ba-2644-11e9-99b2-77477dc7b499.html

Real estate broker Chantel Ray sues to prove she didn't plagiarize faith-based weight loss book

By Scott Daugherty
Staff writer

Feb 5, 2019 Updated Feb 6, 2019

The owner of Chantel Ray Real Estate is fighting back at allegations she cribbed portions of a faith-based weight loss book she published in 2017.

In court documents, Chantel Ray argues any similarities between "Waist Away the Chantel Ray Way" and two books written by Gwen Shamblin of “Weigh Down Ministries” are mere coincidence. And as such, Ray wants a federal judge in Norfolk to preemptively rule she did not infringe on Weigh Down's copyrights.

"She's done nothing wrong," attorney Christopher D. Davis said in an interview, explaining that the book was based on Ray's own research and personal experiences. "And she's determined to preserve her name and her reputation."

Attorneys for Weigh Down Ministries did not respond to requests for comment, but they are scheduled to appear Thursday in U.S. District Court in Norfolk to argue where the case should be tried. Ray filed her lawsuit here, but Weigh Down wants it moved to Tennessee where Shamblin lives.

A former math teacher at Cox High School, Ray started her real estate company in 2012, according to her company's website. Over the next several years, she expanded from one office on Laskin Road to seven across Hampton Roads and now North Carolina.

But she is more than just a real estate broker. According to Ray's suit and related court filings, she self-published a weight loss book in 2017 after interviewing more than 1,000 “thin women” — including former Miss Virginia 2012 Catherine Muldoon — to learn their secrets. In the book, she also "synthesized her personal struggle with weight loss," the suit said.

"She's got notes. She's got recordings," Davis said.

Weigh Down Ministries learned of the book in May 2018 and issued a cease and desist letter, claiming Ray had cribbed portions of her book from two other books written by Shamblin, “The Weigh Down Diet” and “The Tablet.”

The demand letter sought up to $30,000 for each violation, plus attorney fees, related damages and public acknowledgement Shamblin wrote the offending sections. It claimed Ray willfully infringed on their copyrights because Ray participated in February 2018 in an online class offered by Weigh Down Ministries.

ADVERTISING

To support its case, Weigh Down's attorney attached a chart with 43 excerpts from Ray's books next to excerpts from Shamblin's books.

In an email, Ray acknowledged reading one of the Weigh Down books about 12 years ago. But her attorney disputed his client took the class in question, arguing she was unable to log in and received a full refund. Plus, Davis said, the class took place after the book was published.

The month before, Ray said, she hosted a launch party at Eagle's Nest in Virginia Beach.

As for the alleged similarities in the books, Ray's attorney argued the letter contained “cherry-picked” examples that did little more than describe "generic comparisons that are inherent in many publications regarding weight loss."

Among other things, the demand letter notes how both "Waist Away" and the Weigh Down books recommend people not eat until their stomach growls, keep food out of sight and savor individual M&Ms when they crave chocolate.

Davis said the M&M tip came from Muldoon, although she mentioned it in terms of individual Skittles. Ray decided to change it to M&Ms because she believed that was more relatable, he explained.

"Waist Away" and the  Weigh Down books also suggested people use a fork and knife when eating things that don't traditionally require silverware — like pizza.

"The mere fact that two books on weight loss ... suggest that one should use silverware hardly rises to the level of copyright infringement," Davis wrote in the lawsuit.

"It's just preposterous — ridiculous — to say only one person can come up with that," Davis added later in an interview.

Chantel Ray seems pretty stupid.  If I were going to plagiarize someone's ideas (thereby risking association with that person), I certainly wouldn't plagiarize someone of such ill repute as Gwen Shamblin the shriveled Tarzan-f*er.  There are so many more wholesome people to plagiarize, like maybe Charles Manson or the Unabomber

9 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

Chantel Ray seems pretty stupid.  If I were going to plagiarize someone's ideas (thereby risking association with that person), I certainly wouldn't plagiarize someone of such ill repute as Gwen Shamblin the shriveled Tarzan-f*er.  There are so many more wholesome people to plagiarize, like maybe Charles Manson or the Unabomber

HAHAHAHAHA

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived