IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

Just drink an ounce or two of juice or drink a diet drink.

I was trying to imagine how you could reconfigure your dining ware using holy Gwen's method.  For beverages, you'd need shot glasses.  For meals, saucers.  A whole lot of to-go boxes.  But the wine glasses remain the same, apparently.  ?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m an ordinary plus-sized gal, but I swear before God I think far less about food than Ramblin’ Shamblin does.

18 hours ago, CherryCola said:

Does anyone have any direct experience with the belief that Weigh Down Ministies (Gwen Shamblin's church) may be a cult? I was about 3 steps in and something doesn't seem right. I know there's heresay and whatnot, but need advice so I can stop second guessing myself. 

Welcome! Your post caught my eye right away because one of the ladies I know from my time at RF uses CherryCola on all her social media. In the last year her daughter left her Remnant husband and the church, moved away and has a new boyfriend.  The Remnant husband was from another country, but he moved to Brentwood and they got married pretty quickly.

Gwen, I'm confused. Yesterday you said this about mealtimes:

On 1/27/2019 at 5:50 AM, formergothardite said:

If you get hungry before the next meal, you can eat a small snack of some kind to satisfy your hunger until mealtime—or you can choose to make that your mealtime

But today it's this:

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do not panic. Just drink an ounce or two of juice or drink a diet drink. This will satisfy or dilute your hunger enough to allow you to make it to mealtime. 

I'm panicking! Which is it? Btw, an ounce of juice is two tablespoons. Two tablespoons of juice wouldn't satisfy a baby.

1 hour ago, RFfree said:

Welcome! Your post caught my eye right away because one of the ladies I know from my time at RF uses CherryCola on all her social media. In the last year her daughter left her Remnant husband and the church, moved away and has a new boyfriend.  The Remnant husband was from another country, but he moved to Brentwood and they got married pretty quickly.

I know of whom you speak of - @CherryCola is not that individual. I have confirmed this with the individual in question. @CherryCola appears to be someone completely new. I hope you find the answers you seek, @CherryCola.

2 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

I know of whom you speak of - @CherryCola is not that individual. I have confirmed this with the individual in question. @CherryCola appears to be someone completely new. I hope you find the answers you seek, @CherryCola.

I wasn't saying it was her, just that it caught my eye because of that. 

58 minutes ago, RFfree said:

I wasn't saying it was her, just that it caught my eye because of that. 

I am surprised that someone who is from RF would use a sugared drink code. I work for Coca-Cola and it's my thing. Is there anyway I can change my name here?

1 hour ago, CherryCola said:

I am surprised that someone who is from RF would use a sugared drink code. I work for Coca-Cola and it's my thing. Is there anyway I can change my name here?

Haha! Never thought of it that way. It is very ironic, isn't it?

There shouldn’t be a need to change your name. I think your username is just fine! You work for Coca-Cola? That’s really cool! 

Welcome to the forum! 

3 hours ago, CherryCola said:

Vanilla Coke Zero is life ?....but not in a creepy, no calorie Remnant way lol

On 1/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, thoughtful said:
On 1/27/2019 at 1:10 AM, SuperNova said:

I imagine Bernard wearing a top hat and monocle. 

Like Eustace Tilley? Maybe that's the source of butterflies in one's stomach!

Somehow, this is who I pictured:

Spoiler

charlie-mccarthy-one-hour-in-wonderland-31.6.jpg.b4b1f910dc7d540a08ef10438e914d83.jpg

So, wait. Gwen says if you're hungry before mealtime, to either eat a very small snack or drink a spoonful of juice and wait (depending on which devotional you read that day). But I thought her whole thing was to eat when you are hungry, just enough to sate the hunger? So why would there even be "mealtimes" if that's what you're supposed to do? I figured they'd all just graze occasionally.

I'm a regular Coke drinker, myself. My sister worked at Coca-Cola one summer during college. It was my favorite job she's ever had - they gave her free tickets to all kinds of concerts, so we saw tons of great shows that summer.

Today's devotional is more just questions and answers.  So if you eat in the morning you don't eat at night but if you eat at night you don't eat in the morning. She makes this all so complicated. 

Question: What if you are not hungry for breakfast but have a growl for evening snacks?

Answer: No problem—as long as you are responding to hunger and fullness. You could be a “p.m. person” who sleeps later and stays up later. These people usually start their day without hunger and prefer most of their food later in the day. Eating late at night is not wrong as long as you are hungry. And it stands to reason that if you eat late, you will probably not wake up hungry. The reverse is the “a.m. person” who rises early, ready to eat. These people often prefer heavier food early in the day, dwindling to lighter and less food at night. Either one is okay as long as you are using your hunger/fullness mechanism as your signal to eat. However, there are people who have real problems with bingeing at night; if this is the case, turn yourself into an “a.m. person” and shut the kitchen down after supper.

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Somehow, this is who I pictured:

Hide contents

charlie-mccarthy-one-hour-in-wonderland-31.6.jpg.b4b1f910dc7d540a08ef10438e914d83.jpg

I figured it was a toss-up between Charlie McCarthy and the fellow below under that spoiler!

Spoiler

1c3d75c9ca5b07000ac2926e06501939--plante

But Charlie was never polite!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:06 PM, RFfree said:

Vanilla Coke Zero is life ?....but not in a creepy, no calorie Remnant way lol

I love the new feisty cherry diet coke! It's spicy and so good!

Maybe Gwen is trying to get me to stop discussing her devotionals by boring me to death with her awful writing. The only good thing I can say about her dropping God and turning her devotionals into a Weigh Down sales pitch, that it saves me money from having to buy any of her books to find out answers to my questions about her weight loss advice. 

Today the advice is that you don't have to feel obligated to eat all the food on your plate, which isn't terrible advice. Gwen has to throw is stuff about greed, which she should really avoid since she is the picture of a greedy lifestyle. Gwen has certainly helped herself to a larger portion of worldly possessions than she needs. 

What if you feel satisfied, but there is still food on your plate?

Answer: If you are at home, you can cover it and save it for later, or you can throw it away or give it to the pets! If you are eating in a restaurant, you can leave it on your plate, or you can ask for a carryout and take it home. We have the misconception that it is wrong to leave food on the plate, but the real problem is greedwhether it is helping yourself to a larger amount than you need or eating too much. If you serve yourself and later realize that “your eyes were bigger than your stomach,” learn to serve yourself smaller portions. If someone else prepares your plate, whether it is at home or in a restaurant, they have no idea how much you are hungry for and may bring you too much. You do not have to eat food just because it is there. Eat until you are satisfied, and either save or dispose of the rest—or you could give it away. Remember, Christ said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35b

It is better to give—and watch yourself get thinner!

Eat until you are satisfied, and either save or dispose of the rest—or you could give it away. Remember, Christ said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35b

Hey, Gwen is generous - with food she was going to throw away, anyway.  ?

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

If you are at home, you can cover it and save it for later, or you can throw it away or give it to the pets! If you are eating in a restaurant, you can leave it on your plate, or you can ask for a carryout and take it home.

This is food storage advice not weight loss advice. What Gwen really wants to say here is, stop buying food. Then you won't have to worry about those pesky leftovers that you and your family aren't allowed to eat.

I like this "devotional". They're getting more bland by the day. She's afraid to say anything. No tablespoons of juice. No jesus speak. No growl. 

At this point I think she is just copying parts of her books because she literally can't figure out how to write a damn devotional! 

Did anyone else cringe when she suggested giving it to their pets? A lot of human food is NOT safe for pets! I know my dog would love my meatloaf, but that has stuff in it that could really make him sick.

Then again, this is coming from a person who advocates a death diet for humans. Why did I assume she'd care about animals? Stupid me.

Monday's live video includes Joe in the whole thing. I didn't really watch it but it seems to be him talking about how he loves getting an empty stomach. 

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

At this point I think she is just copying parts of her books because she literally can't figure out how to write a damn devotional! 

Most of those devotionals are direct quotes from her books. Speaking as someone who has read most, if not all of her books.

12 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

Most of those devotionals are direct quotes from her books. Speaking as someone who has read most, if not all of her books.

So Gwen puts more effort into her weir hair than she does a daily devotional for God. You can't tell where her priorities are and it sure isn't God. 

Today is another question and answer. If you go out to eat, eat half a slider. Take the rest home. 

What if you are invited to eat at a restaurant, but do not want to overeat?

Answer: Pray and get prepared, for eating out can be tempting. In the past, you used to order too much and eat it all. This will be different for the rest of your life. Now you will go and be in control for the glory of God—you will order less and eat less and have a carryout or share your food. The good news is that everything is cheaper for the rest of your life, so you will save cash… and be permanently thin!

Do not eat prior to eating out so that you are truly hungry when you arrive. Pick the restaurant and choose and order the foods your body seems to want, and now you may eat hamburgers and French fries, etc. But beware, Americans are served very large volumes of food; therefore, cut all the food in half or smaller. Sometimes half of a slider will do! Ask the server for a carryout at the beginning of the meal and put half in the carryout as soon as you receive your order so you can get it out of sight. Our experience is that you may feel the full feeling even before you finish the first half. Assure the server that the food was wonderful, or he may worry that you were not pleased and therefore worry about the tip. Take the carryout home. If you can, eat it the next time you feel hungry, or you can give it to a family member. Keep reminding yourself that the restaurant will be there for the rest of your life, the food is not going to disappear, and that your next hunger will come before long.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The good news is that everything is cheaper for the rest of your life, so you will save cash… and be permanently thin!

How is everything cheaper for the rest of my life? You can't order half of an entree when you eat at a restaurant. Advising people to pay full price for a meal and give the other half to a family member is not cost effective in any way. 

Do not eat prior to eating out so that you are truly hungry when you arrive. 

No one in RF is eating anyway! And how long do a starve myself before eating out? A day? Two days? What do I do if a friend spontaneously invites me to lunch? 

Ask the server for a carryout at the beginning of the meal and put half in the carryout as soon as you receive your order so you can get it out of sight.

How does this work if you're having dinner in someone's home? If someone is kind enough to invite you to their home and share their table with you, it would be quite rude to push away half of your food like a spoiled child.

Gwen is staggeringly disconnected from the average person. This is not weight loss advice! It's decadent wastefulness. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived