IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

15 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Gwen is staggeringly disconnected from the average person.

She really is. I think she has spent so much time in such wealth surrounded by people who only praise her and will come up with excuses for her no matter how poorly she behaves that she has forgotten that the rest of us don't live in that world. Can you imagine going to eat at someone's house and then refusing to eat anything because you don't have the proper amount of hunger growls? And then just saying "oh fix me a plate to take home. I'll eat some of it later." People would stop inviting you over. 

Today's devotion to Gwen also shows how she isn't really connected to most people. Do most people really think being full is eating till you have to take off your belt? IME that line of thinking is typically around holidays when people are admitting that they eat too much. Gwen also seems rather obsessed with her idea that children don't eat a lot. This isn't the first time she has brought this up. Yes, kids do have times when they eat tiny bits and want to run off and play, but they also have times when they are going through growth spurts and will eat mountains of food. From Gwen's story about Elizabeth refusing her food when she said she was hungry, I don't think she acknowledges that sometimes kids eat a lot. 

And after reading this I am no wiser as to what her idea of full is. What the hell is a polite sensation? 

To start with, what is the definition of full? I used to know no end to cravings. It seemed as if I could eat all day and not get full. I knew that “slightly full” meant that I had to take off my belt, “moderately full” meant change into stretch clothes, and “painfully full” meant that the only position I could get in was horizontal. Those are the full sensations, right? Well, not anymore!

Full is a very polite feeling that leaves you bursting with energy. Now you are going to be a new creation—made in the image of the Creator and following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. The new definition of full is “just satisfied,” but the stomach is not extended, nor even slightly uncomfortable. You feel energetic when you finish breakfast and lunch. Yes, you might feel less active in the evening, but that is more due to a long day of work. It is appropriate to let the body digest the evening meal, but you will no longer eat so much that you pass out on the sofa after dinner. This new life will leave you with much more energy. The way God made the human to eat can be seen in the children. They are ready to run and play after a small amount of food. Full is the feeling that has taken away the growling, empty feeling but it is back to how you felt as a child—a high-energy experience.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half a slider?  Who is she fucking kidding?  

I thought of batshit crazy Gwen yesterday, when I went out for some me-time and my first stop was IHOP.  Mushroom Swiss burger and onion rings - I polished off every crumb with great pleasure.  

Signed, fat and very happy, TYVM

I let my kids eat whenever they want but not whatever they want. Because they would just eat cookies all day long and that’s not healthy. Of course Gwen would think it’s fine as long as they were listening to their growl. Nope. My kids can have fruit or veggies whenever they want. I don’t have a limit. I do have to limit the junk of course. My kids aren’t overweight. I wonder if Gwen lets her grandchildren eat junk all the time as long as they feel the growl. I bet she does. 

Gwen's own eating habits are dismal so I'm sure she doesn't see anything wrong with kids existing on junk food as long as they only eat a small amount. Whenever I look at RF food I'm always amazed at the total lack of healthy food. Gwen has a junk food addiction and has found a way to stay skinny while feeding her addiction. 

For all her wealth I don't envy Gwen. She looks miserable. There is no real joy in her videos, just a constant obsession with food avoidance. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think she has spent so much time in such wealth surrounded by people who only praise her and will come up with excuses for her no matter how poorly she behaves that she has forgotten that the rest of us don't live in that world.

Sounds like a certain president.  I am pretty amazed that the small amounts she encourages followers to eat can be total junk food.  No emphasis on good nutrition.  Maybe introducing a well-balanced diet comes at a later stage of her method, but I might be living on Doritos for months until I hit my target weight.  Maybe someone who has gone through the program or read the book(s) can explain if good nutrition is ever introduced?

I'm currently shedding my post-holiday/winter weight.  Here's my secret:  eat less; exercise more.  That will be ten percent of your income, please, payable to CTRLZero.  ?

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

From Gwen's story about Elizabeth refusing her food when she said she was hungry, I don't think she acknowledges that sometimes kids eat a lot. 

She needs to spend a day with my friend's daughter. She's 12 now, and still teeny, but her mother and her family are all tall. She takes ADHD meds (totally appropriate and necessary for her), so is not hungry during the day much. Her mom feeds her breakfast before she takes her meds. And you can SEE the meds wear off about 4:30 pm or so every day. Her voice gets louder, she gets more bouncy, she is irritable because she can't concentrate well, and she gets HUNGRY. Sometimes HANGRY. I've seen her polish off twelve full size chicken tenders at dinner before, then start nibbling off someone else's plate. She'll eat a whole adult-size steak. She's been like this for several years. When she's hungry, she is very very hungry. And of course, it goes in phases - I think she's currently gearing up for a growth spurt and fully expect her to be taller than me in the next year or two. 

Which makes me wonder - she eats like a Remnant member during the day. I know Gwen is anti-med, but I wonder how many people are sneaking some ADHD meds or appetite suppressants just to keep up? Most models in the 80's said they lived on cocaine, coffee, and cigarettes. I wonder how many drug issues in Remnant are due to the desperate attempt to NOT EAT.

Answer: If you are at home, you can cover it and save it for later, or you can throw it away or give it to the pets!  

So can the pets be fat?  Here's what I picture with the Remnant Members.  

342750c54a96279d360f9f22cf88e571.png

hqdefault.jpg

I wonder how Gwen dealt with Michael when he was a teen. Teenage boys eat constantly. Especially when they are in the middle of a growth spurt. It’s honestly my nephew and his friends’ Favorite thing to do. Eat! They are always wanting to go out to eat at some fast food place or constantly looking in the cupboards when they are home. And none of them are overweight! 

59 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Maybe someone who has gone through the program or read the book(s) can explain if good nutrition is ever introduced?

I only have access to one book at the moment because I have the PDF version so I did a quick search of the word "vegetable" and it came up a few times but the only time she mentions eating them is here.

image.png.1a0a538bbb5155c68ecfa6797737cb2c.png

This is what Gwen has written about overall health, & food allergies in just one book.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I knew that “slightly full” meant that I had to take off my belt, “moderately full” meant change into stretch clothes, and “painfully full” meant that the only position I could get in was horizontal. Those are the full sensations, right? Well, not anymore!

Full is a very polite feeling that leaves you bursting with energy. 

This really highlights how she sees 99 percent of the population. She imagines those that eat normally to be fat sloppy pigs feeding at the trough with no table manners or self control. Every person that isn't stick thin probably looks disgusting to her.

10 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Sounds like a certain president.  I am pretty amazed that the small amounts she encourages followers to eat can be total junk food.  No emphasis on good nutrition.  Maybe introducing a well-balanced diet comes at a later stage of her method, but I might be living on Doritos for months until I hit my target weight.  Maybe someone who has gone through the program or read the book(s) can explain if good nutrition is ever introduced?

I'm currently shedding my post-holiday/winter weight.  Here's my secret:  eat less; exercise more.  That will be ten percent of your income, please, payable to CTRLZero.  ?

Gwen’s whole point with the program/cult is that you don’t have to eat “healthy food” in order to lose weight, you just have to eat less.. so no, nutrition is not really talked about. According to her, what you crave is what your body is needing, so as long as you listen to your body then you’ll be getting a balanced diet. So yeah.. apparently since my body craves sugar I must need it right? ???‍♀️

If I listened to Gwen I would consume nothing but classic coke, donuts, deep fried things (with lost of ranch), matzo ball soup and lays chips.  Funny enough since reading hear and talking about Gwen I do enjoy food more.  Healthy or unhealthy, I am grateful I can eat it without the influence of a vengeful cult leader.   I’m about to eat a bowl of home made chicken soup, maybe two If I want.  The chicken was left over El Pollo Loco (8 pice for two people) with rosemary and sage from my garden.  I’m classy like that ;)

Today is about overeating, because of course it is. I'm just going to assume most of these are taken from her book since creative writing doesn't seem to be her thing. She just repeats stuff over and over. I think Gwen's hair and lifestyle is also an incorrect indulgence. 

It does not take binge eaters long to learn that the faster they eat, the more food they can get down before it is too painful. But what they forget is how bad they feel in an hour and for the rest of the night. It is a painful, miserable, guilty, hopeless feeling that gives you bad dreams and restless nights and a depressing morning—not to mention that you cannot find anything to wear which makes you late with the kids, late to work—and self-conscious all day. The best advice is to take notes on how badly you have felt over the years, and to slow down and search for this comfortable, high-energy stopping point of just enough. With practice, you will no longer want to feel sluggish, experience heartburn or indigestion that comes from overeating, nor deal with any of the uncomfortable consequences that come from this incorrect indulgence. You are now back in touch with the pain of overeating. Likewise, you are now concentrating on your incredibly delightful, painless, no-guilt, high-energy life and the blessings that come with it. When you take note of the contrast, it gives you the impetus you need for ending this binge eating. Overeating is the source of most diseases, and it does cause premature death. This new way of eating will give you optimum health; this is in contrast to the adverse effects that your past gluttony and speed-eating have had on your health.

It does not take binge eaters long to learn that the faster they eat, the more food they can get down before it is too painful. But what they forget is how bad they feel in an hour and for the rest of the night.

She must think that most people are idiots. I  guarantee that most people who overeat so much that they make themselves feel ill for the rest of the night can figure this out pretty quickly. They don't binge eat because they forget over and over again that this happens, over and over again.

It is a painful, miserable, guilty, hopeless feeling that gives you bad dreams and restless nights and a depressing morning—not to mention that you cannot find anything to wear which makes you late with the kids, late to work—and self-conscious all day.

If you are not a pencil with a bubble hairdo, you will be miserable for the rest. of. your. life. 

According to Gwen, everyone is hyper focused on food and we all have eating disorders. We are all fat and miserable. We roll around restessly in our beds at night plauged by fat people nightmares. Our days are spent in confusion as we blindly bumble around in ill fitting clothes, dropping our kids off late to school. We stuff our maws at top speed to get in as much as possible before our inevitable early deaths. 

Why do all these cults have such a flair for the dramatic?

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She must think that most people are idiots.

Well if she had to delve deeper into the reasons people binge eat then it might take some of her precious few brain cells. I really wish some of her supporters would pop up again because I would like to discuss her teachings a bit more now that I understand them better. But I think they are long gone. They are way too scared to come and have a discussion about Gwen and the lies she spreads. 

Keep reminding yourself that the restaurant will be there for the rest of your life

Gwen doesn't know much about the volatility of the restaurant business.

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

According to Gwen, everyone is hyper focused on food and we all have eating disorders.

We know this isn't true. I wonder if any non-food focused, non-eating disordered folks attend Remnant. How boring it must be for them if there are any.

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

If you are not a pencil with a bubble hairdo, you will be miserable for the rest. of. your. life. 

According to Gwen, everyone is hyper focused on food and we all have eating disorders. We are all fat and miserable. We roll around restessly in our beds at night plauged by fat people nightmares. Our days are spent in confusion as we blindly bumble around in ill fitting clothes, dropping our kids off late to school. We stuff our maws at top speed to get in as much as possible before our inevitable early deaths. 

Why do all these cults have such a flair for the dramatic?

I actually woke up early this morning because I was dreaming that Gwen was screaming at one of my family members, possibly my mom (who is no longer with us) and trying to take food away from her.  My mother was diabetic and I think she was possibly having low blood sugar and had to eat whatever it was that she had which I think may have actually been a chicken wing in my dream  Why a chicken wing, I have no idea.  Anyway, Gwen took it out of her hand and I pushed Gwen down and then jumped on her.  That is when I woke up.  It was a very odd dream!  I remember that she had a lot of hair.

Also, I thought about Gwen tonight when we were about to have dinner. We ate breakfast and then got busy and just never actually had lunch so we were both extremely hunger for dinner.

12 hours ago, Briefly said:

just never actually had lunch so we were both extremely hunger for dinner.

Well then you must be a Thin Eater! Doesn't Gwen claim Thin Eaters forget to eat meals because they get busy? 

I did eat lunch but was super hungry early afternoon. So I ate more food and then ate dinner. I did think of Gwen because I figured she would not approve. 

Today continues her obsession with the "polite" full feeling and children not eating a lot. 

If you eat quickly, you will bypass the polite full feeling. It takes approximately 20 minutes for the brain to detect the replenished blood sugar or “satisfied” feeling. Skilled Thin Eaters will notice that the body is trying to get you to stop eating when the stomach pouch is slightly satisfied because they remember if they continue to eat that they will feel stuffed in 30 minutes. Thin Eaters and children dread the overfull feeling. Thin Eaters are so sensitive that they notice the decreased sensitivity to the flavor of the food—another mechanism God created to turn off the desire to eat.

Children digest food much faster than adults and feel like playing right after a meal. However, when adults eat too much, they feel lethargic because so much blood and fluids rush to the stomach to digest the huge amount of food, taking the energy and blood away from the muscles.

If you have overeaten, so much is needed that it leaves less blood for the brain and other parts of the body, so the body compensates by making the person sleepy. The digestion of huge meals is very energy expensive, especially after overindulgence, since the food has to be converted to fats and shipped to the hips. 

Well then you must be a Thin Eater! Doesn't Gwen claim Thin Eaters forget to eat meals because they get busy? 

I did eat lunch but was super hungry early afternoon. So I ate more food and then ate dinner. I did think of Gwen because I figured she would not approve. 

Today continues her obsession with the "polite" full feeling and children not eating a lot. 

"If you eat quickly, you will bypass the polite full feeling. It takes approximately 20 minutes for the brain to detect the replenished blood sugar or “satisfied” feeling"  WTF?  I guess I ought to drive when I feel the shakes and ignore that the low blood sugar thing is happening because no growl?  

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Thin Eaters and children dread the overfull feeling. Thin Eaters are so sensitive that they notice the decreased sensitivity to the flavor of the food...

...Children digest food much faster than adults and feel like playing right after a meal.

Oh Rufus. I'm getting an icky feeling. Gwen uses children's eating habits and body mechanisms as a standard for adult bodies. Gwen looks like a withered child. There was a picture of Elizabeth with a girl from youth group and her arm was thinner than the child's arm. There was the weird video with remnant children dressed in white and dancing on stage. There is an uncomfortable obsession with children going on here.

I get that rude full feeling, what am I doing wrong? Is a polite full feeling when you don't feel the need to pass gas? What the hell is she talking about with this politely full nonsense? Sensations of fullness have no manners! How do her cult members take her seriously and not laugh at this shit?

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

:)  No, we just ate breakfast really late and then I had a couple of errands while Mr. Briefly stayed home and worked on some stuff.  But who knows, maybe Prophetess Gwen is right and I should thank her!  (Sarcasm alert).

Gwen really has some screwed up thinking.  Where does she get the idea that children do not eat a lot?  They grow and they need fuel for that.  They have growth spurts at different times.  But then I look at pictures of Elizabeth and feel very sad for her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived