IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Disagreeing with her is the same as disagreeing with God. She has made herself God and no one can tell her she might be wrong or have a different view point. 

Bingo. She sees no error in her ways because she is using her “god” as a scapegoat for her vile actions. With that “logic” (or lack thereof), she can practically get away with anything; in her mind and the minds of her followers at least. This is what makes her and a lot of Christian fundamentalists leaders who are from a “textbook” sense, cult leaders, very dangerous people.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is going to have a real reality check when Joe Lara shows who god is:  HIM

Mr. Lara is scary batshit crazy.  The loaded gun he carries with him at all times:  WTF?  The violent physical and verbal outbursts combined with a gun. WTF?  

Gwen will be luck if she comes out of this relationship with her life.

Gwen’s treatment with Michelle-Elizabeth and food?  That is just out and out child abuse.  Where was Mr. Shambling?  Complacency is concurrence.  

In the devotional @formergothardite quoted, Gwen said:

You cannot help but observe how happy and cheerful and peaceful all of creation is! 

Somehow, "happy", "cheerful", and "peaceful" aren't the words I would use to describe creation/the natural world. Amazing, awe-inspiring, and fascinating, maybe. I wonder how happy and cheerful gazelles feel when being caught by a lion, for example?

11 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

She is going to have a real reality check when Joe Lara shows who god is:  HIM

Mr. Lara is scary batshit crazy.  The loaded gun he carries with him at all times:  WTF?  The violent physical and verbal outbursts combined with a gun. WTF?  

I hope this only ends with lots of drama because Gwen is having to come up with another excuse as to why she is dumping her second husband for a third model. Joe is scary. 

30 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

In the devotional @formergothardite quoted, Gwen said:

Somehow, "happy", "cheerful", and "peaceful" aren't the words I would use to describe creation/the natural world. Amazing, awe-inspiring, and fascinating, maybe. I wonder how happy and cheerful gazelles feel when being caught by a lion, for example?

Yeah, and if animals look to God to provide their food then why do my cats scream at me as if they’re on the brink of starvation if I’m as much as 3 seconds late with one of their meals?

And perhaps my well fed dogs could stop seeking God in the garbage can when they want a snack.

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The entire "God does absolutely everything for me." line of thinking is that way when someone criticizes her she can just say that they are actually criticizing God. She is absolving herself from ever being held accountable for anything because she will claim she isn't the one making these choices, God is. Disagreeing with her is the same as disagreeing with God. She has made herself God and no one can tell her she might be wrong or have a different view point. 

Lori Alexander to a tee, those two are soul sisters. Lori even believes in food restriction.

On Facebook there is a comment asking where Gwen buys her clothes. Maybe God needs to stop spending all his time personal shopping for Gwen and spend some more time with hurt people in this world. 

You are so kind! I PRAY all the time - about everything!! I don't always shop at the same stores and honestly I don't have a lot of time to shop, but God truly is the best personal shopper and often times He gives me ideas on ways to repurpose what I already have in my closet from years ago! I know He can do the same for you, He is so Personal!

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

The loaded gun he carries with him at all times:  WTF?

While I do agree that Joe’s behavior(s) is absolutely insane, let’s not generalize here. 

Let me be clear: A law abiding gun owner and concealed carrier doesn’t equate to said individual being “batshit crazy” (like Joe Lara in this instance). I personally carry on a daily basis. I wouldn’t even dare nor can I imagine threatening someone with said firearm(s) without a clear cut, legal means of self defense. I also wouldn’t dare threaten someone with it via brandishing gesturing etc. The firearm is a tool, an accessory. The individual wielding it is the true threat.

With that being said, I sincerely fear for Natasha and her child’s safety. Something is fundamentally wrong with Joe’s mental health. No mentally sound individual would threaten another individual with a deadly weapon without viable, logical reasoning (self defense/preservation). His behavior(s) is something Gwen and company can’t and won’t be able to fix. If anything, he being in the situation he is now will undoubtedly exacerbate his mental health. 

So here is my opinion of Joe. I think he is a user. I think he is fine using/living off of someone until they cut him off and things go bad. Then the claws come out and he goes into survival mode. I think he and Gwen will be just fine as long as she is supporting him and as long as he can continue to use her to maintain his lifestyle. If she ever figures it out and cuts him off, then it'll get nasty. But unfortunately I think because Gwen is his bread and butter, his child's welfare is secondary to Gwen. I am honestly really discouraged by the lack of anyone(authorities, media, ect) to do something about the children here. But then again, it's kind of like fighting Scientology, or any of the other cults. Money, money, money can hire the best lawyers and provide the best cover. 

31 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

The loaded gun he carries with him at all times:  WTF?

Honestly, very recently a pregnant girl at my work was assaulted by her baby daddy and he put a gun to her head. I very seriously considered getting my conceal carry permit. I was so frustrated that no one took it seriously. I was the one who had to call the police when her own family wouldn't. I knew he had weapons illegally because she said as much, and he was a convicted felon at age 18. I was worried it would be one of those things were he came into our work and killed her. Since then, he's assaulted her twice more. Why won't anyone do anything? Which puts me in the position of feeling like I have to protect myself because no one can/will keep him from illegally acquiring guns and no one will lock him up for some reason. 

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Honestly, very recently a pregnant girl at my work was assaulted by her baby daddy and he put a gun to her head. I very seriously considered getting my conceal carry permit. I was so frustrated that no one took it seriously. I was the one who had to call the police when her own family wouldn't. I knew he had weapons illegally because she said as much, and he was a convicted felon at age 18. I was worried it would be one of those things were he came into our work and killed her. Since then, he's assaulted her twice more. Why won't anyone do anything? Which puts me in the position of feeling like I have to protect myself because no one can/will keep him from illegally acquiring guns and no one will lock him up for some reason. 

Because as a society in the states, we don't treat domestic violence as the horrible thing it is. The Atlantic does a decent short write up of how we let these (mostly women) down, the increased risk of gun-ownership, and a not-strong-enough call to action surrounding gun reform to close the loop-holes that abusers access in order to gain weapons. I am sorry about your colleague, and I am damn proud to be adjacent to such a woman as yourself for doing something about it.

Regarding Joe, I am glad that more of his character is known. There was always something about him I found scary, but couldn't put my finger on it. Granted, he had a very good body and ostensibly enviable hair, but I never enjoyed the Tarzan show as a kid. And the movie-scene that @SJWaterford posted made me feel deeply unsexy. One of C-PTSD superpowers is an enhanced perception of danger, so I guess now that funny feeling was my brain telling me that he wasn't safe.

As for Mr. Shamblin...living in a narcissistic family is awful. As I said in another post, trauma turns people into dummies because they have to constantly do mental backflips to survive. I know because my mother is one such narcissit. And we don't know the behind-the-scenes in this family. In my family, a divorce would not only commit the family to hell, but she would then go on to marry someone who would sexually abuse me and my sister. Hence...my dad did not divorce.

Psychology Today as a write up about it all including the various characteristics of such a family. My favorite quote:

• One Parent Narcissistic, the Other Orbiting. If one parent is narcissistic, it is common for the other parent to have to revolve around the narcissist to keep the marriage intact. Often, this other parent has redeeming qualities to offer the children, but is tied up meeting the needs of the narcissistic spouse, leaving the children's needs unmet. Who is there for them?

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I've seen some pretty vicious squirrel fights over food.

The Squirrel Mafia have been known to knock on my front door if I haven't thrown out the peanuts before 9 am.

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen quote: God has made our bodies to work perfectly and give us maximum life span if we listen, pay attention, heed, and concentrate.

Wow that's some ableist bullshit right there. Listening and concentrating isn't going to fix a faulty pancreas, or cause spinal nerves to join or repair lungs which formed without ion pumping channels or replace a missing adrenal gland or stop an overactive immune system from attacking your own tissues or several billion other things. Listening and concentrating doesn't even work with relatively minor things like colds, where it's pretty unlikely to kill you (assuming a competent immune system and no other respiratory comorbidities) - you can concentrate all you want, as long as it's for the 5-7 days your immune system will take to clear it. 

Gah, rubbish like that really freaking annoys me. 

Today's devotional is about hunger.She is still avoiding using The Growl. I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally don't wait till my car is completely empty to fill it up. My husband used to have a tendency to put off getting gas when we first got married and he kept getting stranded. He has luckily learned the wisdom on not waiting till empty. Light and happy are not words people would use to describe me when I'm sitting around waiting for food. It takes a long time for my stomach to actually start growling and by that point I am a grouch who will inhale all the food the second I see it. But if I eat before my stomach is growing I'm happy and can eat a reasonable amount. I would be so miserable if I had to follow Gwen's rules. And I would probably gain weight. Any of Gwen't devoted followers want to weigh in on this or are you still too scared? 

We need to relearn how to feed the stomach only when it is hungry. You first need to wait – wait for true stomach hunger. Waiting for stomach hunger will be like waiting for the “E” or empty on an automobile fuel gauge. The stomach is a pouch made out of three layers of muscles, and it is located right below your sternum bone or chest bone. The top of the stomach lies against the diaphragm, and lying behind the stomach is the pancreas. This feeling of true stomach signals we are looking for is a small, burning, empty, hollow sensation that occurs several hours after the last meal. If you have just binged, then it may be as much as a day later. When you are obese or more than 25 percent over your ideal body weight, then the feeling is not very strong. Your body does not want much food when you are overweight; the body will guide you to eat very small amounts each day until you have lost all the weight. When using emptiness and fullness, the body is breaking down the stored fat and using it for fuel. Praise God! You are losing unwanted fat cells every time you are waiting and pushing away from food until your stomach growls. If you are not sure that the sensation that you are feeling is the body’s signal to eat, just wait a little longer. You are going to feel light and happy while you are waiting for hunger.

@WorseThan1Thinks thank you for sharing all that information. I wonder if Natasha is able to move to Chicago like she wanted to do. I really hope the child is ok. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is about hunger.She is still avoiding using The Growl. I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally don't wait till my car is completely empty to fill it up. My husband used to have a tendency to put off getting gas when we first got married and he kept getting stranded. He has luckily learned the wisdom on not waiting till empty. Light and happy are not words people would use to describe me when I'm sitting around waiting for food. It takes a long time for my stomach to actually start growling and by that point I am a grouch who will inhale all the food the second I see it. But if I eat before my stomach is growing I'm happy and can eat a reasonable amount. I would be so miserable if I had to follow Gwen's rules. And I would probably gain weight. Any of Gwen't devoted followers want to weigh in on this or are you still too scared? 

OMG - that is crazy! So if I waited for the growl all the time, I would either have a headache or dizzy and light headed or shaky or a combination of any of the symptoms. My BP is 117/65 (+/- the top and bottom number depending on the day. And my fasting glucose is 83 (non diabetic normal is 70-99). So yeah, waiting for me to be growling is a bad idea. When I get to headache/dizzy/lightheaded or shaky- all I can think of is food or laying down or both. And it can take over an hour to get over the symptoms after eating. Gwen is so dangerous. 

I figured if I poked her about not using it enough she would give in and use it again! I was right! Gwen is pretty easy to manipulate.

11 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

The Growl is back!

Check it out at  http://www.gwenshamblinlara.com/waiting-for-a-growl/

Sounds like she is saying wait for the growl no matter what the medical condition. And buy my book to find out which medical conditions I cover, because I'm not a doctor but I know best. Gwen, the growl isn't always from the stomach.

Anyone see her FB live video yesterday. She can't keep her sweater on and Joe sure likes his new position in the public speaking role(at the end).  I just forwarded thru it quickly. Lord people, Christmas is over!!!! 

Who asked about decorations in a previous post? There's some over the top Christmas decorations in January!

https://www.facebook.com/GwenShamblinLara/videos/vb.132027989440/507649723064520/?type=2&theater

But the makeup.....it looks more absurd next to Joes complexion. 

We need to use our goggle tactics on Gwen like we did with Doug Phillips the Tool. 

IMO Gwen freaked out when we initially started discussing her devotionals because she was unaware of how crazy her advice sounds to outsiders and she was worried that potential converts would find these threads and catch on that she runs a crazy organization. 

Gwen then struggled to actually write stuff that wasn't "worship The Growl" and it was painfully obvious she had no thoughts outside of that. It was also obvious that she had caved to our criticism and she was not happy. 

To show us(and because she really can't write a devotional that isn't about starvation) she brought back her dangerous weight loss advice devotionals, but kept The Growl out because she knows now how insane it sounds to outsiders. 

But it is again obvious that she was still caving to us by hiding The Growl and we kept pointing that out so to show us she doesn't listen to us she goes full crazy again. 

I one way this is good since she has all her horrible, dangerous weight loss beliefs out there for us to discuss. Making hunger her god is no longer hidden. Gwen is showing who she truly is, a woman who has made a religion out of eating disordered advice and worshiping not God, but hunger. 

Joe Lara is squeezing in one video at a time.  It is starting with the “I’m so proud of her” garbage.  I hope Gwen has a prenuptial agreement.  She has a lot of money on the line.

i wonder how long it will be before Joe starts getting on Gwen’s nerves and she is sick of him.  Gwen is pretty autonomous.  Her life philosophy is her way or the highway.   She is not going to take well to him butting into her affairs and telling her what to do.  

Joe is an arrogant ass. He is not going to be capable of staying in his lane and letting Gwen be Gwen.  

Regarding his concealed carry permit I would like to clarify:  I could care less if he or anyone else has a concealed carry permit.  If you need personal protection get it and learn how to use the gun effectively.

What I have an issue with is an individual who has anger management problems (based on reading police reports) and has a concealed carry permit.  Joe is one scary guy who can not control his temper.  Combine him with a gun and you have a disaster in the making.  

Just wait:  Joe will be shortly heading up a men’s program with books with his face all over them with an endorsement from Gwen.  

Why does she always drag her poor pet into all the videos? It always looks like it is desperate to escape her grasp. 

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

Just wait:  Joe will be shortly heading up a men’s program with books with his face all over them with an endorsement from Gwen.

Agreed. Rapid intergration is one of the keys to his forced acceptance.

29 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Why does she always drag her poor pet into all the videos? It always looks like it is desperate to escape her grasp. 

I feel for that dog. I once was desperate to escape her grasp as well, hahaha!

At about 8:11 she says something along the lines of.....I ask for funky stuff at restaurants sometimes.  Other people are ordering big entrees, but I'm ordering noodles with a little butter... All the meaningless drivel that she spouts thinking it makes her look "pure" is nauseating.

But I did enjoy the rubbishy bit around 9:50 where she's saying that many people have so much that they aren't motivated to stay married.  Ha ha ha ha ha.

The parentheses show that he's not yet fully-fledged.

"Lunch with Gwen (and Joe)"

Well that video appears to have been pulled!

Perhaps we/I should stop commenting on the garbage that the High Priestess is spouting online as it is clear that the group here is providing the only meaningful editing that she has access to.  In a way we are aiding and abetting her in framing her harmful messages more effectively.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived